Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase apparel amount in Treasure MP.
1 2 3 4 5 6
The amount of apparel that's sold in the marketplace is abysmally low for the amount of players on the site, making it almost impossible for most people to obtain any sort of item without paying out the nose in the Auction House. Which, if I am correct, the marketplace items are not supposed to be rare, as they are not coliseum drops, gem marketplace items, festival items, or special event items(like the kickstarter familiars). So why are the amounts so low and the items only show up like once or twice a day?

I've seen other users complain about it as well in the Flight Discussion forums, and figured I would suggest this. Couldn't hurt to try.
The amount of apparel that's sold in the marketplace is abysmally low for the amount of players on the site, making it almost impossible for most people to obtain any sort of item without paying out the nose in the Auction House. Which, if I am correct, the marketplace items are not supposed to be rare, as they are not coliseum drops, gem marketplace items, festival items, or special event items(like the kickstarter familiars). So why are the amounts so low and the items only show up like once or twice a day?

I've seen other users complain about it as well in the Flight Discussion forums, and figured I would suggest this. Couldn't hurt to try.
@Gemstomper

Thats exactly what I wanted to suggest just noww! :D Support for this. I just wanted to buy a hat lately but it NEVER showed up in the marketplace. Anytime i want to buy something, it is not there. And i try it quite often.
I think: why can't it be like gem market; where all things are always availible?
Ok this doesn't havd to be since there are so many items but we need more and more frequently.
@Gemstomper

Thats exactly what I wanted to suggest just noww! :D Support for this. I just wanted to buy a hat lately but it NEVER showed up in the marketplace. Anytime i want to buy something, it is not there. And i try it quite often.
I think: why can't it be like gem market; where all things are always availible?
Ok this doesn't havd to be since there are so many items but we need more and more frequently.
I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I have to say I'm not in favor of this suggestion.

Items that come into the game via the treasure marketplace ostensibly have an infinite supply (til the day they "cycle" out, if this day ever comes). There's an immediate rush for the new items because of the appeal - in exactly the same way that, for example, the Wii was ridiculously difficult to obtain for the first few months of its release on the market.

Eventually the supply meets the demand, and then goes on to exceed it. Item value is determined by demand up until the point supply exceeds demand, at which point value is determined by the item's vending price. In order to keep items valuable, it's worth it to keep their supply low at the onset and trickle them in to circulation a little bit at a time. Adding more per restock would devalue the items faster, and no one wants that!

Plus - and this is sheerly opinion at this point - the harder I work obtaining an item, the more I like it once I've gotten it. =)
I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I have to say I'm not in favor of this suggestion.

Items that come into the game via the treasure marketplace ostensibly have an infinite supply (til the day they "cycle" out, if this day ever comes). There's an immediate rush for the new items because of the appeal - in exactly the same way that, for example, the Wii was ridiculously difficult to obtain for the first few months of its release on the market.

Eventually the supply meets the demand, and then goes on to exceed it. Item value is determined by demand up until the point supply exceeds demand, at which point value is determined by the item's vending price. In order to keep items valuable, it's worth it to keep their supply low at the onset and trickle them in to circulation a little bit at a time. Adding more per restock would devalue the items faster, and no one wants that!

Plus - and this is sheerly opinion at this point - the harder I work obtaining an item, the more I like it once I've gotten it. =)
15evlog.jpg
@Akantra

They probably never show up because people end up buying them first, and if like 500 people are gunning for like 1-5 of a 20,000 gold item, those who are fastest are going to get it. Also, the frequency of when certain items show up I think is adjusted so its only a couple times of day. That pretty much forces people to either Auction house and grind the large amount of gold they want for the item or hope it shows up in a chest.

And I'm sure the gem market is always unlimited because if people are paying money to get a certain item, they'd be rather ****** off if they had to wait a while for it to show up again.(Though I am not suggesting limiting that or anything. People who buy the gemstone items are helping support the site with the money they used to get gemstones. They should get a perk or two for it.)
@Akantra

They probably never show up because people end up buying them first, and if like 500 people are gunning for like 1-5 of a 20,000 gold item, those who are fastest are going to get it. Also, the frequency of when certain items show up I think is adjusted so its only a couple times of day. That pretty much forces people to either Auction house and grind the large amount of gold they want for the item or hope it shows up in a chest.

And I'm sure the gem market is always unlimited because if people are paying money to get a certain item, they'd be rather ****** off if they had to wait a while for it to show up again.(Though I am not suggesting limiting that or anything. People who buy the gemstone items are helping support the site with the money they used to get gemstones. They should get a perk or two for it.)
@Chimeric

A fair point. Though another problem is that with how very, very little items each day get released, it will stay incredibly high for a very long period. And with the new registration window opening up, those prices are going to shoot up through the roof and most likely wont drop anytime soon. So, with the couple months estimate, along with an influx of new users, you won't be seeing those items for at least more reasonable prices for a long time(Gonna guess more than half a year). Which should not be the case for items in a game that are supposed to be common.
@Chimeric

A fair point. Though another problem is that with how very, very little items each day get released, it will stay incredibly high for a very long period. And with the new registration window opening up, those prices are going to shoot up through the roof and most likely wont drop anytime soon. So, with the couple months estimate, along with an influx of new users, you won't be seeing those items for at least more reasonable prices for a long time(Gonna guess more than half a year). Which should not be the case for items in a game that are supposed to be common.
@Chimeric - While I appreciate that point, there are 'old' items that are still nearly impossible to get. My friend tried to get a Mysterious Cowl for several weeks before they finally snagged one. I tried to get a Black Tulip Flower Cowl for several weeks as well (around the same time) and only just managed to get one myself.

And yes, some of this is from people snagging them to resell - but the price on the AH just isn't really lowering for several items that have been out for months at this point. As we get more people, while we're getting more apparel in general in the Marketplace (as they add new stuff), we're not getting more of individual items.

So I support.

(And @GemStomper, you need to put the @ right next to a person's name to ping them. :) )
@Chimeric - While I appreciate that point, there are 'old' items that are still nearly impossible to get. My friend tried to get a Mysterious Cowl for several weeks before they finally snagged one. I tried to get a Black Tulip Flower Cowl for several weeks as well (around the same time) and only just managed to get one myself.

And yes, some of this is from people snagging them to resell - but the price on the AH just isn't really lowering for several items that have been out for months at this point. As we get more people, while we're getting more apparel in general in the Marketplace (as they add new stuff), we're not getting more of individual items.

So I support.

(And @GemStomper, you need to put the @ right next to a person's name to ping them. :) )
@Kiena

Thanks for that. Still kind of new to using the ping system on the forums here.
@Kiena

Thanks for that. Still kind of new to using the ping system on the forums here.
@GemStomper @Kiena

Thanks for the pings, guys. =)

Just out of curiosity, what is the rarity on the cowls? Is that maybe a contributing factor?
@GemStomper @Kiena

Thanks for the pings, guys. =)

Just out of curiosity, what is the rarity on the cowls? Is that maybe a contributing factor?
15evlog.jpg
@Chimeric - Just a two-star rarity. The flower crown is a rainbow rarity, so that does make more sense. [item=Mysterious Cowl]
@Chimeric - Just a two-star rarity. The flower crown is a rainbow rarity, so that does make more sense.

Mysterious Cowl
Supporting this suggestion SO hard right now.

If the devs are making items available for a reasonable price on the Treasure Marketplace, it is NOT so people can bulk-buy them and fatten their treasure cache via the AH system.

It is so everyone, can get a chance at some of the prettiest/most useful items.

Either make them more common, or force a ceiling on the price of certain items in the AH, but please, find a solution.
Supporting this suggestion SO hard right now.

If the devs are making items available for a reasonable price on the Treasure Marketplace, it is NOT so people can bulk-buy them and fatten their treasure cache via the AH system.

It is so everyone, can get a chance at some of the prettiest/most useful items.

Either make them more common, or force a ceiling on the price of certain items in the AH, but please, find a solution.
1 2 3 4 5 6