Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shiny Pokemon!
1 2 3 4 5
chaining shinies has always been too hard for me so i was super excited to find an abundance of shinies in the friend safari aah

my first hatched shiny was Noibat, now Noivern and level 100~ also hatched a shiny scatterbug, my only two hatched shinies. noibat was about 99 eggs, scatterbug only about 60

traded ones are h-o-oh, groudon, shedinja, gloom and charizard

caught in the friend safari are minccino, pansage, leavanny, togepi, meditite, loudred, avalugg and trapinch

caught in game are plusle (brother's) geodude (brother's) and vanillite (mine). of course i also have shiny gyrados but everyone has that rly~
chaining shinies has always been too hard for me so i was super excited to find an abundance of shinies in the friend safari aah

my first hatched shiny was Noibat, now Noivern and level 100~ also hatched a shiny scatterbug, my only two hatched shinies. noibat was about 99 eggs, scatterbug only about 60

traded ones are h-o-oh, groudon, shedinja, gloom and charizard

caught in the friend safari are minccino, pansage, leavanny, togepi, meditite, loudred, avalugg and trapinch

caught in game are plusle (brother's) geodude (brother's) and vanillite (mine). of course i also have shiny gyrados but everyone has that rly~
100% certified markiplier trash
shaymin.gif
Chaining shinies is fun, but I'm a bit put out after breaking a 40 chain by accidentally getting on the bike. Next time I try, my chain is broken by a shiny doduo. I was stunned. Now, I'm using Masuda Method to try and get that shiny. My first shiny was a lileep that I got from a fossil. A nice surprise. My second (non event) was a chain-fished skrelp. Third was a shiny eevee from Masuda Method. Fourth is aforementioned doduo. Looking to get a furfrou now.
Chaining shinies is fun, but I'm a bit put out after breaking a 40 chain by accidentally getting on the bike. Next time I try, my chain is broken by a shiny doduo. I was stunned. Now, I'm using Masuda Method to try and get that shiny. My first shiny was a lileep that I got from a fossil. A nice surprise. My second (non event) was a chain-fished skrelp. Third was a shiny eevee from Masuda Method. Fourth is aforementioned doduo. Looking to get a furfrou now.
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
I've only seen a few shiny Pokemon though I guess I could tell the experience...

The first shiny Pokemon I ever saw ingame was a shiny tentacruel on Pokemon diamond. I wasn't that happy about it because well.... Tentacruel looks ugly to me :P I did catch it and now to this day sits in the PC box in Pokemon black >:)

The second I saw was in Pokemon black and I was lucky to see a few shiny dittos...I think 2 or 3 though that's rare or can it even happen??? xD I didn't catch any though because I wasn't really paying much attention ;_;
I've only seen a few shiny Pokemon though I guess I could tell the experience...

The first shiny Pokemon I ever saw ingame was a shiny tentacruel on Pokemon diamond. I wasn't that happy about it because well.... Tentacruel looks ugly to me :P I did catch it and now to this day sits in the PC box in Pokemon black >:)

The second I saw was in Pokemon black and I was lucky to see a few shiny dittos...I think 2 or 3 though that's rare or can it even happen??? xD I didn't catch any though because I wasn't really paying much attention ;_;
And I think I'll be breeding for a shiny torchic soon on my Y game. With some perfect Ivs and maybe evs.....Oh god
And I think I'll be breeding for a shiny torchic soon on my Y game. With some perfect Ivs and maybe evs.....Oh god
I never bothered actually seeking out shinies since I think it's more fun leaving it up to chance.

My first shiny was a goldeen on crystal version I think. I was surfing down to the power plant in kanto and randomly found it. I've had shinies in other games, but I restart playthroughs so many times that most of them get deleted.

My favorite one that I've had is a shiny sceptile I got while soft-resetting sapphire years ago. I was trying to reset for a female treecko and ended up with a shiny boy. He is currently gathering dust on my platinum version, but he will never be deleted I love him so much.
I never bothered actually seeking out shinies since I think it's more fun leaving it up to chance.

My first shiny was a goldeen on crystal version I think. I was surfing down to the power plant in kanto and randomly found it. I've had shinies in other games, but I restart playthroughs so many times that most of them get deleted.

My favorite one that I've had is a shiny sceptile I got while soft-resetting sapphire years ago. I was trying to reset for a female treecko and ended up with a shiny boy. He is currently gathering dust on my platinum version, but he will never be deleted I love him so much.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
I've been trying to find a shiny Pancham for like 3 months, and a shiny Houndour for at least a year. No success so far.

I do have a shiny Donphan though, I got him through wonder trade.
I've been trying to find a shiny Pancham for like 3 months, and a shiny Houndour for at least a year. No success so far.

I do have a shiny Donphan though, I got him through wonder trade.
Shinies! They rock.
My first shiny was a teddiursa in SoulSilver. I flipped out; my friend who was nearby flipped out. It was an amazing moment.
My second random-encounter shiny was a Golbat in Black. It was completely unexpected. I freaked out. My dad laughed at my reaction. Worth it.

Other shinies I have gotten myself: I hatched a shiny Ralts in Pokemon White2 (no shiny charm) with the Masuda method. 43 eggs, and now I have a shiny male Gardevoir!

In Y, after less than a week of playing, I got a shiny Luvdisc. This was before we knew for sure that chain fishing was possible in X&Y, so it was a huge deal. Still is kind of a big deal.

Then I chained for a shiny Croagunk. He's a pretty good pokemon, but his ability is anticipation ('n') so I might have to change that.

I believe I successfully hatched my shiny Bulbasaur after getting the croagunk. He took well over 200 eggs to get, but definitely under 300. He rocks.

Then I successfully chain fished for a shiny shellder (yay!) and a shiny skrelp (also yay!)

Then I began a super crazy quest: catch a shiny hoppip. This would require repeatedly encountering hordes and just hoping that luck would be on my side. I, uh, got a shiny Psyduck instead. Yeah, out of nowhere, shiny Psyduck. It was intense because it attacked my skrelp with poison point on the first turn of battle and got poisoned. Thankfully, there were no problems. I even got a critical capture! It rocked.

Unrelated note: I have found out the hard way that critical captures are not guaranteed captures. Seriously, I have had multiple pokemon break free from the pokeball with a critical capture. It's ludicrous.
Shinies! They rock.
My first shiny was a teddiursa in SoulSilver. I flipped out; my friend who was nearby flipped out. It was an amazing moment.
My second random-encounter shiny was a Golbat in Black. It was completely unexpected. I freaked out. My dad laughed at my reaction. Worth it.

Other shinies I have gotten myself: I hatched a shiny Ralts in Pokemon White2 (no shiny charm) with the Masuda method. 43 eggs, and now I have a shiny male Gardevoir!

In Y, after less than a week of playing, I got a shiny Luvdisc. This was before we knew for sure that chain fishing was possible in X&Y, so it was a huge deal. Still is kind of a big deal.

Then I chained for a shiny Croagunk. He's a pretty good pokemon, but his ability is anticipation ('n') so I might have to change that.

I believe I successfully hatched my shiny Bulbasaur after getting the croagunk. He took well over 200 eggs to get, but definitely under 300. He rocks.

Then I successfully chain fished for a shiny shellder (yay!) and a shiny skrelp (also yay!)

Then I began a super crazy quest: catch a shiny hoppip. This would require repeatedly encountering hordes and just hoping that luck would be on my side. I, uh, got a shiny Psyduck instead. Yeah, out of nowhere, shiny Psyduck. It was intense because it attacked my skrelp with poison point on the first turn of battle and got poisoned. Thankfully, there were no problems. I even got a critical capture! It rocked.

Unrelated note: I have found out the hard way that critical captures are not guaranteed captures. Seriously, I have had multiple pokemon break free from the pokeball with a critical capture. It's ludicrous.
dON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIS.
My first shiny was probably that one Infernape someone traded to me on Pokemon Black, but I then traded it for a shiny Moltres now.

If it has to be legit, then the Dragonair in Pokemon Y is. (Even though Alomomola was my first shiny. But i prefer Dratini Dragonair.)

And I maybe hacked a shiny Charizard into Pokemon White2 and it got through Pokebank, whoops.
dON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIS.
My first shiny was probably that one Infernape someone traded to me on Pokemon Black, but I then traded it for a shiny Moltres now.

If it has to be legit, then the Dragonair in Pokemon Y is. (Even though Alomomola was my first shiny. But i prefer Dratini Dragonair.)

And I maybe hacked a shiny Charizard into Pokemon White2 and it got through Pokebank, whoops.
13954.gif
I've gotten a tooon of shinies in my various games, though Soulsilver has been the luckiest yet. I HAVE A VERY SAD STORY ABOUT THE FIRST SHINY I SAW THOUGH

It was in emerald, and I was in the safari zone. It was a natu. I was freaking out because it was my first ever shiny.

But it was the safari zone.

It ran away before i could catch it.

I cried
I've gotten a tooon of shinies in my various games, though Soulsilver has been the luckiest yet. I HAVE A VERY SAD STORY ABOUT THE FIRST SHINY I SAW THOUGH

It was in emerald, and I was in the safari zone. It was a natu. I was freaking out because it was my first ever shiny.

But it was the safari zone.

It ran away before i could catch it.

I cried
ZVpCPil.png
I have never found a shiny in the game in the 10-some years I've played Pokémon ;n;
I have never found a shiny in the game in the 10-some years I've played Pokémon ;n;
Snail | They/Them | 0+ FR time
1 2 3 4 5