Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | supernatural things that happened to you
1 2
my mom was teaching me how to drive on a backroad once, and we just kind of turned down random streets without knowing where we were going. we ended up looping back to the first road by skipping like half of the roads we'd taken, even though we were careful to take the same ones we had been on.

still don't know if we just happened on a shortcut or if a benevolent sims god saw us get hopelessly lost and picked us up and put us on the main road.
my mom was teaching me how to drive on a backroad once, and we just kind of turned down random streets without knowing where we were going. we ended up looping back to the first road by skipping like half of the roads we'd taken, even though we were careful to take the same ones we had been on.

still don't know if we just happened on a shortcut or if a benevolent sims god saw us get hopelessly lost and picked us up and put us on the main road.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
@DogeDog101

Not me but my mom had a paranormal experience.

It was back when she was still working for Worlds of Fun (15-16), and she was over with a friend at her house after a long day of work.

Then, the friend starts telling her about how she suspects their house is haunted. The friend sounded like she full on believed it with every fiber of her being. Mom brushes it off and they keep chilling/playing games, when the sheet that blocks the kitchen and living room moves.

The outline of a large man pushes through the curtain, before just stopping. Silence. The friend says THAT'S the haunting, and my mom is thoroughly freaked out. She doesn't voice it, being the quiet teenager she is, and eventually she needs to get something from the basement.

She gets up and goes through the curtain, and the basement door is in the kitchen. Mind you this was Summer, and she touches the doorknob and it's ice cold. She then gets flashes of a heavily abused and bruised young girl, and then of a man, similar to the outline she saw in the curtain.

With that, she bolts.

She still doesn't know WHAT happened, but she sure as hell didn't go back to her friend's house.
@DogeDog101

Not me but my mom had a paranormal experience.

It was back when she was still working for Worlds of Fun (15-16), and she was over with a friend at her house after a long day of work.

Then, the friend starts telling her about how she suspects their house is haunted. The friend sounded like she full on believed it with every fiber of her being. Mom brushes it off and they keep chilling/playing games, when the sheet that blocks the kitchen and living room moves.

The outline of a large man pushes through the curtain, before just stopping. Silence. The friend says THAT'S the haunting, and my mom is thoroughly freaked out. She doesn't voice it, being the quiet teenager she is, and eventually she needs to get something from the basement.

She gets up and goes through the curtain, and the basement door is in the kitchen. Mind you this was Summer, and she touches the doorknob and it's ice cold. She then gets flashes of a heavily abused and bruised young girl, and then of a man, similar to the outline she saw in the curtain.

With that, she bolts.

She still doesn't know WHAT happened, but she sure as hell didn't go back to her friend's house.
He/Him
Trans/Pansexual
Work full-time, not on until evenings!
@xionahri
Maybe the horse guy was an angel or something
Who knows
@xionahri
Maybe the horse guy was an angel or something
Who knows
Mild gore alert:

Found a dismembered animal head in a spot of our yard that JUST managed to be out of view of not one, not two, but three of the security cameras on that side of our house. The "blindspot" was in a completely exposed location and about a 3 by 3 foot space at best.

Big spook
Mild gore alert:

Found a dismembered animal head in a spot of our yard that JUST managed to be out of view of not one, not two, but three of the security cameras on that side of our house. The "blindspot" was in a completely exposed location and about a 3 by 3 foot space at best.

Big spook
l1yRMX4.png
My avatar screes in hunger, an unsatisfiable hunger more powerful than the gods themselves.

What does it hunger for, you ask?

ankles

Pd4Z4Ct.png
The house that I grew up in was definitely haunted, and I have a lot of paranormal stories from that house. It was a pretty friendly ghost - I think it was actually the old woman who had lived there before us. I was never scared of her or anything, but she was always oddly protective of my bedroom and I guess me in general.

When we first moved into that house I was about 5, and that first week we moved in my mom caught me sleepwalking and laughing in my room in the middle of the night for nights on end. I don't personally remember these events but I definitely believe they happened. Now, of course, you could chalk this up to the stress of moving but I have moved around all my life before this, so it was just odd that I was all of the sudden sleepwalking as soon as we moved into this new house.

A lot of nights I would wake up feeling like there was someone breathing on my neck and a creepy feeling of being watched. Whenever I had a friend sleep over my house they would end up getting sick in the middle of the night and would have to leave around like 5-6am because they felt like they were going to throw up. Every night around like 3am my room would get blistering hot and I would wake up sweating throwing the blankets off of me - even if the rest of the house was cold.

One night I was babysitting my younger siblings and I was alone in the living room doing homework. I didn't want to get up to turn the lights down, but they were hurting my eyes, so I called out "Can someone turn the lights off?". Now, I was still alone in the living room and I had a clear view of the lightswitch which no one touched because my siblings were still in their rooms. The lights dimmed without anyone touching them, and although it was a nice gesture on the ghosts part, it freaked me out.

I have a lot more, scarier stories from that house, but those were the first ones thst popped into my head.
The house that I grew up in was definitely haunted, and I have a lot of paranormal stories from that house. It was a pretty friendly ghost - I think it was actually the old woman who had lived there before us. I was never scared of her or anything, but she was always oddly protective of my bedroom and I guess me in general.

When we first moved into that house I was about 5, and that first week we moved in my mom caught me sleepwalking and laughing in my room in the middle of the night for nights on end. I don't personally remember these events but I definitely believe they happened. Now, of course, you could chalk this up to the stress of moving but I have moved around all my life before this, so it was just odd that I was all of the sudden sleepwalking as soon as we moved into this new house.

A lot of nights I would wake up feeling like there was someone breathing on my neck and a creepy feeling of being watched. Whenever I had a friend sleep over my house they would end up getting sick in the middle of the night and would have to leave around like 5-6am because they felt like they were going to throw up. Every night around like 3am my room would get blistering hot and I would wake up sweating throwing the blankets off of me - even if the rest of the house was cold.

One night I was babysitting my younger siblings and I was alone in the living room doing homework. I didn't want to get up to turn the lights down, but they were hurting my eyes, so I called out "Can someone turn the lights off?". Now, I was still alone in the living room and I had a clear view of the lightswitch which no one touched because my siblings were still in their rooms. The lights dimmed without anyone touching them, and although it was a nice gesture on the ghosts part, it freaked me out.

I have a lot more, scarier stories from that house, but those were the first ones thst popped into my head.
HA_Basic.png
Not me, this is my little sister's experience.

About 10 years ago, my little sister went on a ghost tour field trip with her youth group. They made three stops at different locations, led by a 'paranormal team' and the adult chaperone that came with the kids from the youth center. My sister was one of the youngest, and so she was with the adult chaperone (we'll call her Amy) through the duration of the trip.

The first two stops were uneventful. My sister said the paranormal team just told scary stories about possible hauntings, and nothing really out of the ordinary happened.

And then they made their last stop, at an old train station in our downtown.

The group made their way down into the basement, where the paranormal team said there were a number of possible ghosts that were said to haunt this place. It was said you could hear screaming, laughing, crying. My sister said there was nothing really special about this place as they all filed in.

The team asked everyone to sit in a circle, and they began to tell the story of the supposed ghosts that haunted this basement. My sister sat next to Amy. As the paranormal team told their story, Amy (who did not believe in anything paranormal) freaked out, saying something touched her ear. My sister said she watched Amy's earring suddenly fall out of Amy's ear.

Okay, getting interesting.

Everyone gets excited. The paranormal team continues their story. Again, when they begin talking, Amy is harassed again - her headband suddenly shoots across the room, off of her head, her hair getting yanked along with it. At the same time, my sister, sitting next to Amy, feels a strange stinging heat on her arm. She looks, and three long raised scratches slowly appear from her elbow to her shoulder. She starts to panic.

And then Amy starts convulsing, foaming at the mouth, and hits the floor.

My sister said everyone just began screaming and fled as fast as they could out of that basement. The paranormal team had to pick up Amy and drag her up the stairs, back to the entrance. As soon as they made it outside, Amy woke up. She (understandably) decided that the field trip was over, and called the parents of children who went to let them know the field trip was ending early.

It didn't end there. My sister said that when the group got onto their bus, all of the electrical components began going haywire. Amy was yelling with her hands up, holding the keys, and all the dials on the dashboard were going back and forth, the windshield wipers were all going, and the lights were flashing.

I went with my mom to pick up my sister after she got the call that the trip was over. I saw the scratches on her arm; never saw anything like that. She told us everything that happened, and seeing the scratches on her arm, the fear in her and seeing how distraught Amy was when we got there, I absolutely believe that my sister wasn't lying.
Not me, this is my little sister's experience.

About 10 years ago, my little sister went on a ghost tour field trip with her youth group. They made three stops at different locations, led by a 'paranormal team' and the adult chaperone that came with the kids from the youth center. My sister was one of the youngest, and so she was with the adult chaperone (we'll call her Amy) through the duration of the trip.

The first two stops were uneventful. My sister said the paranormal team just told scary stories about possible hauntings, and nothing really out of the ordinary happened.

And then they made their last stop, at an old train station in our downtown.

The group made their way down into the basement, where the paranormal team said there were a number of possible ghosts that were said to haunt this place. It was said you could hear screaming, laughing, crying. My sister said there was nothing really special about this place as they all filed in.

The team asked everyone to sit in a circle, and they began to tell the story of the supposed ghosts that haunted this basement. My sister sat next to Amy. As the paranormal team told their story, Amy (who did not believe in anything paranormal) freaked out, saying something touched her ear. My sister said she watched Amy's earring suddenly fall out of Amy's ear.

Okay, getting interesting.

Everyone gets excited. The paranormal team continues their story. Again, when they begin talking, Amy is harassed again - her headband suddenly shoots across the room, off of her head, her hair getting yanked along with it. At the same time, my sister, sitting next to Amy, feels a strange stinging heat on her arm. She looks, and three long raised scratches slowly appear from her elbow to her shoulder. She starts to panic.

And then Amy starts convulsing, foaming at the mouth, and hits the floor.

My sister said everyone just began screaming and fled as fast as they could out of that basement. The paranormal team had to pick up Amy and drag her up the stairs, back to the entrance. As soon as they made it outside, Amy woke up. She (understandably) decided that the field trip was over, and called the parents of children who went to let them know the field trip was ending early.

It didn't end there. My sister said that when the group got onto their bus, all of the electrical components began going haywire. Amy was yelling with her hands up, holding the keys, and all the dials on the dashboard were going back and forth, the windshield wipers were all going, and the lights were flashing.

I went with my mom to pick up my sister after she got the call that the trip was over. I saw the scratches on her arm; never saw anything like that. She told us everything that happened, and seeing the scratches on her arm, the fear in her and seeing how distraught Amy was when we got there, I absolutely believe that my sister wasn't lying.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
Ive had quite a few. I'm a Christian so I usually get really freaked by supernatural forces bc like,,, I associate them with demons, and I'm SURE its not coincidence.

I went to the Biltmore house about 5 years ago, and theres this HUGE underground pool there. As soon as I stepped into the room, I felt a heavy wave of fear. Like cold chills, difficulty breathing, and I felt like I wanted to run out of there. It scared me so much, and as soon as we left the room I felt so much better. My sister felt the same way. Turns out, a lot of people have felt that way in that room. I still don't know why.

Ive felt the same fear in a couple of old houses when my parents were touring a bunch of them because we were looking for a new house. My clearest memory of this was when we looked through an old house when I was like, 10 I think? I remember wandering around the house, and feeling kinda anxious, so I went outside. Outside it was kinda rainy, so I stayed out of the open yard and slunk around the forest near the house, and I found an old shed that contained a hot tub that was green with algae, and a bunch of kittens came out of the back of the shed to say hi, and I carried one of them around while I explored. I wandered toward a vine covered garage(?), and there was a car in there that was covered in dust and even had a Vote Reagan sticker on the back. Suddenly the cat FREAKED when I stepped inside the garage, and I felt that same fear. I mean that cat clawed me up and hissed and ran back to the shed all puffed up. My parents were mad that I had gotten scratched by a wild cat but man, I can't explain that.

When I was little I would hear voices behind my grandparents barn, and see orbs during the day. The tennis area they had set up sould freak me for no reason too. Last year, I saw lights in the woods behind their house (no one lives there now).

(Mild gore warning) When my parents were looking at houses to move into, we went to another old one. After looking around in the backyard, my sister got super freaked and called me over to this tree, and skewered to a thin branch was like, a glob of meat. Like a dead bird that had been chewed and then stuck there by a person. It freaked us out, and our parents didnt like it either. My mom said she got weird vibes from the place as well.

My aunts son was into Satanism and he died in a weird way, but I won't say it here. After, my aunt said that she was making dinner with friends and she was suddenly dragged down the hall by an invisible force. Her friends can confirm. Curtains in her house would fall down randomly as well.

My mom used to live in my grandparents house (the same place I mentioned eariler). She said that they had rabbits in huge cages in the barn, and one time she went there in the morning to feed them, and they had all escaped their cages, but they were all still locked. One time she had a sleep over with her friends and she said late in the night she heard a horrible noise from the kitchen and when she got up to look the kitchen chairs had all rearraged themselves. It freaks her out to talk about it.
(Disturbing warning)

Not paranormal but my moms aunt actually used to drive this guy to work in the 70s. He turned out to be a serial killer who killed 4-6 people. Its so weird to think about.
Ive had quite a few. I'm a Christian so I usually get really freaked by supernatural forces bc like,,, I associate them with demons, and I'm SURE its not coincidence.

I went to the Biltmore house about 5 years ago, and theres this HUGE underground pool there. As soon as I stepped into the room, I felt a heavy wave of fear. Like cold chills, difficulty breathing, and I felt like I wanted to run out of there. It scared me so much, and as soon as we left the room I felt so much better. My sister felt the same way. Turns out, a lot of people have felt that way in that room. I still don't know why.

Ive felt the same fear in a couple of old houses when my parents were touring a bunch of them because we were looking for a new house. My clearest memory of this was when we looked through an old house when I was like, 10 I think? I remember wandering around the house, and feeling kinda anxious, so I went outside. Outside it was kinda rainy, so I stayed out of the open yard and slunk around the forest near the house, and I found an old shed that contained a hot tub that was green with algae, and a bunch of kittens came out of the back of the shed to say hi, and I carried one of them around while I explored. I wandered toward a vine covered garage(?), and there was a car in there that was covered in dust and even had a Vote Reagan sticker on the back. Suddenly the cat FREAKED when I stepped inside the garage, and I felt that same fear. I mean that cat clawed me up and hissed and ran back to the shed all puffed up. My parents were mad that I had gotten scratched by a wild cat but man, I can't explain that.

When I was little I would hear voices behind my grandparents barn, and see orbs during the day. The tennis area they had set up sould freak me for no reason too. Last year, I saw lights in the woods behind their house (no one lives there now).

(Mild gore warning) When my parents were looking at houses to move into, we went to another old one. After looking around in the backyard, my sister got super freaked and called me over to this tree, and skewered to a thin branch was like, a glob of meat. Like a dead bird that had been chewed and then stuck there by a person. It freaked us out, and our parents didnt like it either. My mom said she got weird vibes from the place as well.

My aunts son was into Satanism and he died in a weird way, but I won't say it here. After, my aunt said that she was making dinner with friends and she was suddenly dragged down the hall by an invisible force. Her friends can confirm. Curtains in her house would fall down randomly as well.

My mom used to live in my grandparents house (the same place I mentioned eariler). She said that they had rabbits in huge cages in the barn, and one time she went there in the morning to feed them, and they had all escaped their cages, but they were all still locked. One time she had a sleep over with her friends and she said late in the night she heard a horrible noise from the kitchen and when she got up to look the kitchen chairs had all rearraged themselves. It freaks her out to talk about it.
(Disturbing warning)

Not paranormal but my moms aunt actually used to drive this guy to work in the 70s. He turned out to be a serial killer who killed 4-6 people. Its so weird to think about.
Frankenstein3.jpg
When I was young, maybe 3 or 4 I slept in my own room. That wasn’t abnormal though. I do remember that one night I was walking into bed, there were blue people that seemed holographic lined up from one end of the room to the other. They looked like Chinese Emperors and they held scrolls in their hands. They kept on trying to show me something and to this day, I vividly remember one of them opening a scroll in my face and speaking without making a sound.

My mother was standing at the doorway just staring at me walking to my bed. She didn’t seem surprised at all and I didn’t know what to do so I walked past all of them to get to my bed and tucked myself in. I’m not sure if this was just a really vivid dream but when I was 3 or 4, I had no idea what emperors were or looked like. If it was a dream, why would I dream of that?
When I was young, maybe 3 or 4 I slept in my own room. That wasn’t abnormal though. I do remember that one night I was walking into bed, there were blue people that seemed holographic lined up from one end of the room to the other. They looked like Chinese Emperors and they held scrolls in their hands. They kept on trying to show me something and to this day, I vividly remember one of them opening a scroll in my face and speaking without making a sound.

My mother was standing at the doorway just staring at me walking to my bed. She didn’t seem surprised at all and I didn’t know what to do so I walked past all of them to get to my bed and tucked myself in. I’m not sure if this was just a really vivid dream but when I was 3 or 4, I had no idea what emperors were or looked like. If it was a dream, why would I dream of that?
| He/Him | 3+ FR | Opal Gene Enthusiast |
nudX0O8.png
Gosh, there's a lot of supernatural things that have happened to me. :x

First, and biggest is when I was a child, whenever I was at my grandmothers house, I would see my dead grandpa. He had died just a few months before I was born, and I grew up to be a lot like him. But that's because I had some help...Whenever I was over there, I would sneak down to the basement to play with his drawings. (He was an architect.) He would show me how to draw buildings, and such. I still have the skill too. He also taught me how to type on a typewriter pretty well, and he'd always watch me go to sleep. I swear, it was like he wasn't really dead when I was...well up to about 11ish. Then I only saw him for brief moments after waking up while I was at my grandmothers house.

I had a cat that died when I was about 12. She always slept at my moms feet, and I would go in and pet her at night sometimes. Sometimes I would forget that she was gone, and would go into pet her, and actually pet something. It looked like my cat. Felt like her too for a very brief moment before disappearing. Scared the heck out of me a few times.

Got lost in the woods once. A very nice not-actually-there boy lead me back out. Never got his story, never saw his face, but he would stop and make sure I never lost sight of him until I was out, then he just waved and giggled a little before disappearing. Happened when I was around 20ish. I would've been stuck in those woods for at least a day or two if he hadn't helped me out.

I went to a cemetery once. ONCE. For my grandpa's funeral when I was about 11ish. It was a very rainy, dreary day. As people went around and talked to each other before leaving, I went to look around, and all of a sudden I saw all these globes of light come from the ground. They hovered over their gravestone for just a minute, probably less, then went back into the ground. But it had lit up the whole place, and was quite beautiful for just that moment.
Gosh, there's a lot of supernatural things that have happened to me. :x

First, and biggest is when I was a child, whenever I was at my grandmothers house, I would see my dead grandpa. He had died just a few months before I was born, and I grew up to be a lot like him. But that's because I had some help...Whenever I was over there, I would sneak down to the basement to play with his drawings. (He was an architect.) He would show me how to draw buildings, and such. I still have the skill too. He also taught me how to type on a typewriter pretty well, and he'd always watch me go to sleep. I swear, it was like he wasn't really dead when I was...well up to about 11ish. Then I only saw him for brief moments after waking up while I was at my grandmothers house.

I had a cat that died when I was about 12. She always slept at my moms feet, and I would go in and pet her at night sometimes. Sometimes I would forget that she was gone, and would go into pet her, and actually pet something. It looked like my cat. Felt like her too for a very brief moment before disappearing. Scared the heck out of me a few times.

Got lost in the woods once. A very nice not-actually-there boy lead me back out. Never got his story, never saw his face, but he would stop and make sure I never lost sight of him until I was out, then he just waved and giggled a little before disappearing. Happened when I was around 20ish. I would've been stuck in those woods for at least a day or two if he hadn't helped me out.

I went to a cemetery once. ONCE. For my grandpa's funeral when I was about 11ish. It was a very rainy, dreary day. As people went around and talked to each other before leaving, I went to look around, and all of a sudden I saw all these globes of light come from the ground. They hovered over their gravestone for just a minute, probably less, then went back into the ground. But it had lit up the whole place, and was quite beautiful for just that moment.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
We personally don't like talking much about our experiences but yeah, we've had a lot. We've been involved in spirit work for a very long time (fifteen years about?) and done a lot of work involving demonology and stuff, so it's never boring around here. /shrugs/ We try to find mundane explanations to things first-- we're pretty skeptical despite everything-- but we've seen too much to not believe in the concepts.

Our go-to story is, when we were in our teens we went to a very old house during an estate sale and without knowing anything about the place or the woman who had died, managed to accurately pick up on what she was like and some historical happenings. We wouldn't have known, except that we broke down crying in one of the rooms and our mother blabbed to the next of kin, who were then curious about what we were seeing.

Also yeah, @OracleOreo00, spirits sometimes do pester people if they KNOW it'll get a reaction. Most of what people think of as "demonic" is-- in our experience-- human spirits. Because, honestly, humans are SCARY and that doesn't change just because they die haha. (Sometimes fae can come off demonic, too, because they're often jerks.) Demons might mess with a person briefly if they think it'll be entertaining, but they're old and tired and usually move on quickly unless they've been extremely offended. There's just no reason to hang around. x) Humans are pretty boring. The best way to deal is to just be respectful of places and the spirits that might be there, try not to get too freaked out or provoke anything, and have a healthy dose of skepticism.

Anyways!

I think our favorite experience was when we did a tarot reading for a couple of sisters, and a message came through from their grandparent. We passed it on and they were shocked. Happy, but shocked. x) It was just nice to be able to do for them.

- B.
We personally don't like talking much about our experiences but yeah, we've had a lot. We've been involved in spirit work for a very long time (fifteen years about?) and done a lot of work involving demonology and stuff, so it's never boring around here. /shrugs/ We try to find mundane explanations to things first-- we're pretty skeptical despite everything-- but we've seen too much to not believe in the concepts.

Our go-to story is, when we were in our teens we went to a very old house during an estate sale and without knowing anything about the place or the woman who had died, managed to accurately pick up on what she was like and some historical happenings. We wouldn't have known, except that we broke down crying in one of the rooms and our mother blabbed to the next of kin, who were then curious about what we were seeing.

Also yeah, @OracleOreo00, spirits sometimes do pester people if they KNOW it'll get a reaction. Most of what people think of as "demonic" is-- in our experience-- human spirits. Because, honestly, humans are SCARY and that doesn't change just because they die haha. (Sometimes fae can come off demonic, too, because they're often jerks.) Demons might mess with a person briefly if they think it'll be entertaining, but they're old and tired and usually move on quickly unless they've been extremely offended. There's just no reason to hang around. x) Humans are pretty boring. The best way to deal is to just be respectful of places and the spirits that might be there, try not to get too freaked out or provoke anything, and have a healthy dose of skepticism.

Anyways!

I think our favorite experience was when we did a tarot reading for a couple of sisters, and a message came through from their grandparent. We passed it on and they were shocked. Happy, but shocked. x) It was just nice to be able to do for them.

- B.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
1 2