Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Catch me up?
I haven't touched this account in quiet a while and I'm thinking about coming back on here regularly. I loved this site a couple of years ago (think 2017), but I'm totally out of the loop now and coming back is kind of intimidating/overwhelming. I'd love to hear about what I missed and what's new from the community!

The last thing I remember was the "Raising a Family" story and the hype around that. Then Roundsey being introduced. I've missed a lot.
I haven't touched this account in quiet a while and I'm thinking about coming back on here regularly. I loved this site a couple of years ago (think 2017), but I'm totally out of the loop now and coming back is kind of intimidating/overwhelming. I'd love to hear about what I missed and what's new from the community!

The last thing I remember was the "Raising a Family" story and the hype around that. Then Roundsey being introduced. I've missed a lot.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
Gaolers are a thing now, so that’s pretty cool
Ancient breeds are a new mechanic, though only gaolers have been released as of yet.
I’d recommend looking through the announcements forum to see all chronological updates cause I’m bad at recapping lol
Gaolers are a thing now, so that’s pretty cool
Ancient breeds are a new mechanic, though only gaolers have been released as of yet.
I’d recommend looking through the announcements forum to see all chronological updates cause I’m bad at recapping lol
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
let's see.. there's a new type of dragon called ancient breeds that have a lot more freedom in how they're designed, but they can't wear apparel. the only ancient breed we have right now is gaolers. gaolers have some unique genes like phantom/spirit, shardflank, and blossom.

we got some new genes, laced/edged, starmap/constellation and leopard/clouded, we got some new new eye types recently: goat, swirl, and innocent (which is like.. super baby mode)

there was a bestiary revamp that organizes the familiars you've bonded with better, there was an update to steampunk apparel and some more new types of steampunk apparel.

we got a new game, mistral mahjong, which has pretty decent payout.

oh, morphology and dressing room got a revamp. you can save morphologies and dress them up, and you can load existing dragons to scry/dress by name so you don't have to copy and paste their id. one of my fav recent updates.

those are the big recent updates that i can remember! welcome back to the site!! <3
let's see.. there's a new type of dragon called ancient breeds that have a lot more freedom in how they're designed, but they can't wear apparel. the only ancient breed we have right now is gaolers. gaolers have some unique genes like phantom/spirit, shardflank, and blossom.

we got some new genes, laced/edged, starmap/constellation and leopard/clouded, we got some new new eye types recently: goat, swirl, and innocent (which is like.. super baby mode)

there was a bestiary revamp that organizes the familiars you've bonded with better, there was an update to steampunk apparel and some more new types of steampunk apparel.

we got a new game, mistral mahjong, which has pretty decent payout.

oh, morphology and dressing room got a revamp. you can save morphologies and dress them up, and you can load existing dragons to scry/dress by name so you don't have to copy and paste their id. one of my fav recent updates.

those are the big recent updates that i can remember! welcome back to the site!! <3
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
New genes Slime/Sludge if you like the drippy jello look [emoji=coatl happy size=2] Edit - emotes lots & lots/ descriptive tags to help sort dragons.
New genes Slime/Sludge if you like the drippy jello look

Edit - emotes lots & lots/ descriptive tags to help sort dragons.
ice_by_darkside_of_wolf-db574ku.png
Lair tab descriptions are relatively new.

The ancient breeds can only breed with themselves, but they can have genes that break outside of the standard lineart, see gnarlhorns and shardflank for the current examples.

Sitewide gifts like for the anniversary and stuff now need to be claimed from an NPC dragon, Galore.

I think coli revamp was probably ongoing before 2017 but I'm still less than a year old on this site so I'm not sure. Anyway, there's new enemies and familiars. Most recently in the boreal wood.

I think the seasonal food festivals are probably also new. There's week long events where gathering and coli have a chance to yield extra items of once off the food groups, and also increased familiar drops specific to the festival.

There's some lore about the Gaolers (the new ancients) you might enjoy reading.

Hope it's not too intimidating to come back to, I've only been here a little while but I really like it!

P.S. apologies for any typos or autocorrect errors, I'm currently half asleep
Lair tab descriptions are relatively new.

The ancient breeds can only breed with themselves, but they can have genes that break outside of the standard lineart, see gnarlhorns and shardflank for the current examples.

Sitewide gifts like for the anniversary and stuff now need to be claimed from an NPC dragon, Galore.

I think coli revamp was probably ongoing before 2017 but I'm still less than a year old on this site so I'm not sure. Anyway, there's new enemies and familiars. Most recently in the boreal wood.

I think the seasonal food festivals are probably also new. There's week long events where gathering and coli have a chance to yield extra items of once off the food groups, and also increased familiar drops specific to the festival.

There's some lore about the Gaolers (the new ancients) you might enjoy reading.

Hope it's not too intimidating to come back to, I've only been here a little while but I really like it!

P.S. apologies for any typos or autocorrect errors, I'm currently half asleep
there's the hibernal den, which you can buy slots for using gems or items, and gives you extra space to put your dragons where they'll just go to sleep and not eat all your food. i think that's a new thing anyways? i haven't been on for very long
there's the hibernal den, which you can buy slots for using gems or items, and gives you extra space to put your dragons where they'll just go to sleep and not eat all your food. i think that's a new thing anyways? i haven't been on for very long
IMG-5103.jpg
Here's an update timeline! Super useful to just look through everything. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781
Here's an update timeline! Super useful to just look through everything. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781