Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | College Students, Where Ya At?
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
@RUHX
Small ships definitely can be rough. Unfortunately, those are mostly all I go on, haha!
That's nice that there are multiple paths to get there. That sounds like it would be a very fun career!
@RUHX
Small ships definitely can be rough. Unfortunately, those are mostly all I go on, haha!
That's nice that there are multiple paths to get there. That sounds like it would be a very fun career!
Still exploring my options, but I’ve got an interest in mortuary sciences and am currently looking at becoming a funeral home director. If that’s a no-go, I’ll fall back on psychology xD art therapy seems interesting to me
Still exploring my options, but I’ve got an interest in mortuary sciences and am currently looking at becoming a funeral home director. If that’s a no-go, I’ll fall back on psychology xD art therapy seems interesting to me
ZVpCPil.png
I'm a zoology major and im hella sleep deprived 24/7
I'm a zoology major and im hella sleep deprived 24/7
aa.gif
I have plans to start in the Spring! I'm going into the Nursing program. I'd like to work in a mental health facility because I myself have mental issues and I think I could be a valuable asset caring for people with similar problems.

First, though, I have to get my General Ed courses out of the way. My score on the English placement test should get me out of taking English, and I'm currently studying for the Math placement test (it's been a long time since I did anything with Math).

If I get a good enough score on the placement test, I'll be able to go straight into Bio along with Psych. Then I have to pass the TEAS, a standardized test, and apply for the LPN program, to which entry is competitive.

Hopefully, it all goes well. I'm looking forward to having a career that I have a passion for rather than the monotonous grind of manning a register. Helping people comes naturally to me. One of my regular customers whose wife is a nurse says that good people are always needed.
I have plans to start in the Spring! I'm going into the Nursing program. I'd like to work in a mental health facility because I myself have mental issues and I think I could be a valuable asset caring for people with similar problems.

First, though, I have to get my General Ed courses out of the way. My score on the English placement test should get me out of taking English, and I'm currently studying for the Math placement test (it's been a long time since I did anything with Math).

If I get a good enough score on the placement test, I'll be able to go straight into Bio along with Psych. Then I have to pass the TEAS, a standardized test, and apply for the LPN program, to which entry is competitive.

Hopefully, it all goes well. I'm looking forward to having a career that I have a passion for rather than the monotonous grind of manning a register. Helping people comes naturally to me. One of my regular customers whose wife is a nurse says that good people are always needed.
@Gilnora
Ooh, that's cool! What got you interested in that?

@Uravitea
Zoology! Do you get to be around any animals, or is it just learning about them? Do you know what you want to do with that after college?

@theWhich
Hey, my roommates a nurse (as well as about half the girls on my hall haha)! That's really cool. Honestly, nice nurses can make a hospital stay a million times better. You can do it!
@Gilnora
Ooh, that's cool! What got you interested in that?

@Uravitea
Zoology! Do you get to be around any animals, or is it just learning about them? Do you know what you want to do with that after college?

@theWhich
Hey, my roommates a nurse (as well as about half the girls on my hall haha)! That's really cool. Honestly, nice nurses can make a hospital stay a million times better. You can do it!
@alwaysflying
So far I'm not around any besides my ESA (Green Cheek Conure), but I do have to intern somewhere for 6 months so im hoping to intern at my home zoo or the raptor center near my college!
I'm not exactly sure yet, I'll likely work with my zoo as a keeper and hopefully eventually do research on birds!
@alwaysflying
So far I'm not around any besides my ESA (Green Cheek Conure), but I do have to intern somewhere for 6 months so im hoping to intern at my home zoo or the raptor center near my college!
I'm not exactly sure yet, I'll likely work with my zoo as a keeper and hopefully eventually do research on birds!
aa.gif
@Uravitea
That sounds really fun. Are birds your favorite?
@Uravitea
That sounds really fun. Are birds your favorite?
@alwaysflying
Yep! I'm an absolute bird nerd so if you need a bird ID'd or anything I'm here lol

I have lots of favorite species but one of my favorites are doves, esp mourning doves & bleeding heart doves! Also really adore parrots and crows (hence why i go by Crow fdhs kjf)
@alwaysflying
Yep! I'm an absolute bird nerd so if you need a bird ID'd or anything I'm here lol

I have lots of favorite species but one of my favorites are doves, esp mourning doves & bleeding heart doves! Also really adore parrots and crows (hence why i go by Crow fdhs kjf)
aa.gif
@Uravitea
Haha yeah, let me just send you a pic of the bird outside my window really quick!
Doves are so pretty. I honestly think birds of prey are so fascinating!
@Uravitea
Haha yeah, let me just send you a pic of the bird outside my window really quick!
Doves are so pretty. I honestly think birds of prey are so fascinating!
I've been out of college for 10 years now, but I wanted to jump in because there are so many science lovers on this thread. And I'm always ready to talk science!

I have a bachelor's in neuroscience. I do data for lung cancer research for my current job, and I love it! While it's not where I expected to end up, I read medical records all day, and the job utilizes all of my medical knowledge, not just my knowledge of the brain. I've had a special interest in anatomy/physiology since age 3. I read medical books for fun. Medicine is such a varied field that there's always a new condition to learn about.

After neuropsych disorders, I'd have to say my favorite field of medicine is obstetrics. I've also had a special interest in obstetrics since about age 3. I really miss having Discovery Health channel. Babies: Special Delivery was awesome. I also miss Monsters Inside Me, especially the first two seasons when the show was solely about parasitic infection.

And props to you, @AlwaysFlying , for wanting to go into psychiatry. Neuropsych disorders need better treatments, still sadly have such stigma, and many doctors look down on psychiatry as not "real" medicine. So, I applaud you for being so passionate about choosing that as your specialty. I definitely would have done psychiatry had I been able to get into med school. (I can't do the math/physics due to my NVLD.) I have OCD and Asperger's, and bipolar mania has been a special interest of mine since high school.
I've been out of college for 10 years now, but I wanted to jump in because there are so many science lovers on this thread. And I'm always ready to talk science!

I have a bachelor's in neuroscience. I do data for lung cancer research for my current job, and I love it! While it's not where I expected to end up, I read medical records all day, and the job utilizes all of my medical knowledge, not just my knowledge of the brain. I've had a special interest in anatomy/physiology since age 3. I read medical books for fun. Medicine is such a varied field that there's always a new condition to learn about.

After neuropsych disorders, I'd have to say my favorite field of medicine is obstetrics. I've also had a special interest in obstetrics since about age 3. I really miss having Discovery Health channel. Babies: Special Delivery was awesome. I also miss Monsters Inside Me, especially the first two seasons when the show was solely about parasitic infection.

And props to you, @AlwaysFlying , for wanting to go into psychiatry. Neuropsych disorders need better treatments, still sadly have such stigma, and many doctors look down on psychiatry as not "real" medicine. So, I applaud you for being so passionate about choosing that as your specialty. I definitely would have done psychiatry had I been able to get into med school. (I can't do the math/physics due to my NVLD.) I have OCD and Asperger's, and bipolar mania has been a special interest of mine since high school.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29