Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | How much do you charge for commission?
A lot of dragons are horribly detailed here. I'm considering opening colored sketch commissions.. Fellas, how much do you charge per commission? (or maybe per character?) Do you charge in treasure, or gems? I'm considering opening commissions with money later on, but for now, I'm curious on the gem-treasure thing. This is the kind of thing I do: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f8bb442b10bd3e9e6ccf03219c0a63ef/tumblr_pvoxvihYre1tn5q7eo2_r1_540.png[/img] (sorry for the big size)
A lot of dragons are horribly detailed here.
I'm considering opening colored sketch commissions..

Fellas, how much do you charge per commission? (or maybe per character?)
Do you charge in treasure, or gems?

I'm considering opening commissions with money later on, but for now, I'm curious on the gem-treasure thing.

This is the kind of thing I do:

tumblr_pvoxvihYre1tn5q7eo2_r1_540.png

(sorry for the big size)
It depends. My art never really sales, and I think price depends on demand/interest.
It depends. My art never really sales, and I think price depends on demand/interest.
22ghf8.png
@CreamMartini

Heya!

As a general rule of mine, I always calculate my prices by hour!

I don't offer complex illustrations here, but flat-colored headshots and fullbodies, which I sell for a starting price of 15-20$!
I highly recommend charging extra per apparel, since those are an absolute pain to work with (for me anyway, and I've heard from artist friends they're also not enjoying working with much apparel)

Your art is definitely above average, so in no way would I go for below 15$ (or equivalent) for a bust like the one above!
I'd price that in 20-30$ range (and that's still cheap tbh).
@CreamMartini

Heya!

As a general rule of mine, I always calculate my prices by hour!

I don't offer complex illustrations here, but flat-colored headshots and fullbodies, which I sell for a starting price of 15-20$!
I highly recommend charging extra per apparel, since those are an absolute pain to work with (for me anyway, and I've heard from artist friends they're also not enjoying working with much apparel)

Your art is definitely above average, so in no way would I go for below 15$ (or equivalent) for a bust like the one above!
I'd price that in 20-30$ range (and that's still cheap tbh).
HAMjv9v.png4RthJ3d.pngDMEC8SP.pngQo8xgSK.pngrKzc8tP.png3PjEAWJ.png XxRoops | He/They

XxDigital Artist
Xx(Lore?) Writer
XxFire Tert. Gen1's

XxFR Tumblr!
@Rapirisu

Thank you so much for the advice!
I can't as of yet charge in $$$ (some issue with Paypal and my country) but I'll definitely consider what you said once I am able to.

I was thinking about opening very basic doodles that could be paid with gems, or something similar. Charging extra per apparel seems like a very good idea! Those things can be astronomically detailed, and spending so much time on them does not seem like a good time at all (specially considering how detailed some genes are)

Thank you so much for taking time of your day to help a stranger out :)
@Rapirisu

Thank you so much for the advice!
I can't as of yet charge in $$$ (some issue with Paypal and my country) but I'll definitely consider what you said once I am able to.

I was thinking about opening very basic doodles that could be paid with gems, or something similar. Charging extra per apparel seems like a very good idea! Those things can be astronomically detailed, and spending so much time on them does not seem like a good time at all (specially considering how detailed some genes are)

Thank you so much for taking time of your day to help a stranger out :)