Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mahjong: Replace Scratch and Coin tiles
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
support for the bamboo replacing the stratch marks they lit strain my eyes
support for the bamboo replacing the stratch marks they lit strain my eyes
gOOHrVC.png PLEASE BUY MY DRAGON'S THEY'RE EATING ALL THE FOOD
I like the bamboo vers of the tiles!
I like the bamboo vers of the tiles!
Nq0eoGi.png
I think the bamboo is a great option for a stand in! The scratches really only bother once they exceed 4, then they start to get a little messy and I find myself confusing them or not seeing them altogether.

I’d support replacing at least scratches above 4 and some of the coins that people find too alike. The bamboo is great, I’d also suggest things like:
A dragon paw print
Food icon tiles (bug, seashell, etc)
Dragon eye
Beaker (with pink or green liquid) for Baldwin’s brew
Using the tiles from the matching game was also a really good idea but I’m personally against more blue tiles (like time) since there’s already a lot ^^”

Love the good conversation going on here! The game is great, relaxing and gives good treasure. I hope to see it further improve
I think the bamboo is a great option for a stand in! The scratches really only bother once they exceed 4, then they start to get a little messy and I find myself confusing them or not seeing them altogether.

I’d support replacing at least scratches above 4 and some of the coins that people find too alike. The bamboo is great, I’d also suggest things like:
A dragon paw print
Food icon tiles (bug, seashell, etc)
Dragon eye
Beaker (with pink or green liquid) for Baldwin’s brew
Using the tiles from the matching game was also a really good idea but I’m personally against more blue tiles (like time) since there’s already a lot ^^”

Love the good conversation going on here! The game is great, relaxing and gives good treasure. I hope to see it further improve
152515112&trans=1.jpg
[quote name="TinyGryphon" date="2019-09-20 22:31:23" ] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/45868ec7ccb11df76c33d25ad85dbacd/26fca3e688f0dfa1-d1/s540x810/cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png[/img] Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^ [/quote] big support.... so much easier to process... the scratches make the game really hard to play. it would be a relaxing game if it wasnt for the scratches...
TinyGryphon wrote on 2019-09-20 22:31:23:
cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png

Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^
big support.... so much easier to process... the scratches make the game really hard to play. it would be a relaxing game if it wasnt for the scratches...
1186.png1185.pngexport.png export.png export.png1187.png1188.png
I really support this, I can see these much more clearly. :'''3
I really support this, I can see these much more clearly. :'''3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
[quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2019-09-20 23:38:25" ] It might have been brought up before but most mahjong games I've played allow different tile sets. It might be too much but it would probably add a decent amount of variability for people with issues. It also means people who don't want tiles to disappear get what they want and people who want different tiles get what they want. There could be familiar based tiles, Item based tiles maybe - the food, meat, plant, seafood symbols and maybe some of the basic easy to recognize items... maybe a set with the breed emoji's once they're all released? All could be mixed and matched with the elemental tiles or the seasonal tiles since those are mostly universal. Otherwise, I have had problems differentiating the scratches but it hasn't hindered me too much since I can continually shuffle the board if progress eludes me, unlike most other Mahjong games that penalize you for doing so or where it's just not an option. All-in-all I wouldn't mind if they changed up the scratches or just gave us more options in general. [/quote] I would love this. I remember an ooooolllld mahjong game (think it might have been for win 95) allowed you to create your own tilesets and I created a few. I would love to be able to choose or even unlock various tilesets (and perhaps even layouts as well) and the different tilesets would help players who have trouble with certain colors or certain tiles.
AlphaSobek wrote on 2019-09-20 23:38:25:
It might have been brought up before but most mahjong games I've played allow different tile sets.

It might be too much but it would probably add a decent amount of variability for people with issues. It also means people who don't want tiles to disappear get what they want and people who want different tiles get what they want.

There could be familiar based tiles, Item based tiles maybe - the food, meat, plant, seafood symbols and maybe some of the basic easy to recognize items... maybe a set with the breed emoji's once they're all released? All could be mixed and matched with the elemental tiles or the seasonal tiles since those are mostly universal.

Otherwise, I have had problems differentiating the scratches but it hasn't hindered me too much since I can continually shuffle the board if progress eludes me, unlike most other Mahjong games that penalize you for doing so or where it's just not an option.

All-in-all I wouldn't mind if they changed up the scratches or just gave us more options in general.
I would love this. I remember an ooooolllld mahjong game (think it might have been for win 95) allowed you to create your own tilesets and I created a few. I would love to be able to choose or even unlock various tilesets (and perhaps even layouts as well) and the different tilesets would help players who have trouble with certain colors or certain tiles.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I love the bamboo mock-up! That definitely makes it easier to parse the numbers represented at a glance. And gives it more of a Windy feel as well. Nice work TinyGryphon!

I'm not sure how much work it would be or if it would be feasible in terms of extra artwork effort versus return on that effort. But having the option to choose between multiple tile sets would definitely be a neat feature, if it's something staff are willing to do either now or as a possible expansion in the future.

About the only thing I can see with those layouts (and this isn't a complaint just an observation for staff to maybe consider if they do something like this) because of the tilted perspective of the board, when you have a tall stack towards the rear of the board positioned in front of a much lower one, it can cover most of the tile in the back row, the #3 tile might be hard to distinguish from the #2 tile if the lower portion of it is obscured and you can only see that top single bamboo stick. Not a huge deal but maybe worth considering.
I love the bamboo mock-up! That definitely makes it easier to parse the numbers represented at a glance. And gives it more of a Windy feel as well. Nice work TinyGryphon!

I'm not sure how much work it would be or if it would be feasible in terms of extra artwork effort versus return on that effort. But having the option to choose between multiple tile sets would definitely be a neat feature, if it's something staff are willing to do either now or as a possible expansion in the future.

About the only thing I can see with those layouts (and this isn't a complaint just an observation for staff to maybe consider if they do something like this) because of the tilted perspective of the board, when you have a tall stack towards the rear of the board positioned in front of a much lower one, it can cover most of the tile in the back row, the #3 tile might be hard to distinguish from the #2 tile if the lower portion of it is obscured and you can only see that top single bamboo stick. Not a huge deal but maybe worth considering.
Coins are fine but the scratches do get annoying
Coins are fine but the scratches do get annoying
Support!

This is just like the coli Captcha. I, along with many other folk on Flight Rising, am hard of sight. I've clicked so many times and have gotten frustrated because I simply cannot count the scratch or coin tiles or even see them properly.

'just use your glasses' No, my prescription is off and can't get a replacement for months :(
Support!

This is just like the coli Captcha. I, along with many other folk on Flight Rising, am hard of sight. I've clicked so many times and have gotten frustrated because I simply cannot count the scratch or coin tiles or even see them properly.

'just use your glasses' No, my prescription is off and can't get a replacement for months :(
[quote name="SeamusHarper" date="2019-09-21 11:39:18" ] [quote name="TinyGryphon" date="2019-09-20 22:31:23" ] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/45868ec7ccb11df76c33d25ad85dbacd/26fca3e688f0dfa1-d1/s540x810/cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png[/img] Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^ [/quote] big support.... so much easier to process... the scratches make the game really hard to play. it would be a relaxing game if it wasnt for the scratches... [/quote] This is awesome. Or FR could alternate for added visibility. Odds are scratch, evens are bamboo, for example.
SeamusHarper wrote on 2019-09-21 11:39:18:
TinyGryphon wrote on 2019-09-20 22:31:23:
cbb325c6fdc076030cdaad981110730c9b74231e.png

Just a quick mock-up I've made with a chunk of bamboo (taken from the Wind nest art), and arranged to more closely resemble the variety of patterns that traditional Mahjong tiles have ^^
big support.... so much easier to process... the scratches make the game really hard to play. it would be a relaxing game if it wasnt for the scratches...
This is awesome.

Or FR could alternate for added visibility. Odds are scratch, evens are bamboo, for example.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10