Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I would love to have a Gender Change scroll, and support the idea of it only being used on hatchlings. Although it would make more sense to use it on eggs, but I understand why the hatchling is preferred.
I would love to have a Gender Change scroll, and support the idea of it only being used on hatchlings. Although it would make more sense to use it on eggs, but I understand why the hatchling is preferred.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I support this idea as well, I permababied a dragon before looking at the gender and nearly cried when I saw it was a male. Thankfully the baby dragons artwork doesn't change on gender, but just for peace of mind I would like to make the baby a female..
I support this idea as well, I permababied a dragon before looking at the gender and nearly cried when I saw it was a male. Thankfully the baby dragons artwork doesn't change on gender, but just for peace of mind I would like to make the baby a female..
..................................tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
..••°°°°••..
Aerborne
°°••....••°°
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
I agree with this idea, lately I've been getting a lot of females and it's a bit irritating waiting a really long cool-down (Coatls) just to breed and get the gender I don't really want as much. Although I do think the gender change should be able to apply to all ages, but only changeable once.
I agree with this idea, lately I've been getting a lot of females and it's a bit irritating waiting a really long cool-down (Coatls) just to breed and get the gender I don't really want as much. Although I do think the gender change should be able to apply to all ages, but only changeable once.
20230628_204347.png
| Wishlist
| Hatchery
| Latte drawn by myself @/DarkDisasters
Still supporting a posechange over this since the posechange allows for more options with less problems.
Still supporting a posechange over this since the posechange allows for more options with less problems.
Support for an item to change the gender of an unbred dragon! That way, it won’t mess with the lineage/breeding coding.

This would probably be best as a Gem MP item- 1kG-2kG, maybe? It wouldn’t really be “pay to win” since you have a 50/50 chance for getting the gender you want from breeding. It’d just speed up the process in a way, similar to the Boon of Fertility or Swiftbrood Boon.

A higher price tag means that it’s unlikely to cause a flood of new offspring like a low price tag would. It wouldn’t be terribly practical for users who just want it to make an ordinary breeding pair, either, as most dragons would take many, many months of breeding for their offspring to add up to the cost of a gender scroll.

It’d be most useful for people who have dream dragon projects, especially with the introduction of eye types and their absolutely awful, horrible RNG. You have a 0.5% chance of hatching Primal. Can you imagine breeding for literal years for a specific Primal Imperial, only to hatch the wrong gender? That would be awful. :( A gender scroll would help patch that up.

Failing this, the pose-change scroll suggestion is also a wonderful idea!
Support for an item to change the gender of an unbred dragon! That way, it won’t mess with the lineage/breeding coding.

This would probably be best as a Gem MP item- 1kG-2kG, maybe? It wouldn’t really be “pay to win” since you have a 50/50 chance for getting the gender you want from breeding. It’d just speed up the process in a way, similar to the Boon of Fertility or Swiftbrood Boon.

A higher price tag means that it’s unlikely to cause a flood of new offspring like a low price tag would. It wouldn’t be terribly practical for users who just want it to make an ordinary breeding pair, either, as most dragons would take many, many months of breeding for their offspring to add up to the cost of a gender scroll.

It’d be most useful for people who have dream dragon projects, especially with the introduction of eye types and their absolutely awful, horrible RNG. You have a 0.5% chance of hatching Primal. Can you imagine breeding for literal years for a specific Primal Imperial, only to hatch the wrong gender? That would be awful. :( A gender scroll would help patch that up.

Failing this, the pose-change scroll suggestion is also a wonderful idea!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I'm starting to change my thoughts on this because of the eyes. Before, having a 50/50 randomness as the sole uncontrollable obstacle to a breeding project seemed like a very fair challenge. But now that we have RNG eyes on top of it all, I say let us change between male and female. If we can ways to control eyes and add eyes to existing dragons, then I'll probably revert to my previous thoughts. But if the staff isn't going to do anything about the horrendous eye odds, then get us Scroll of Venus/Scroll of Mars for our unbred dragons (and has to be unbred).
I'm starting to change my thoughts on this because of the eyes. Before, having a 50/50 randomness as the sole uncontrollable obstacle to a breeding project seemed like a very fair challenge. But now that we have RNG eyes on top of it all, I say let us change between male and female. If we can ways to control eyes and add eyes to existing dragons, then I'll probably revert to my previous thoughts. But if the staff isn't going to do anything about the horrendous eye odds, then get us Scroll of Venus/Scroll of Mars for our unbred dragons (and has to be unbred).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't support this tbh (edit for reasons: Difficulty will be shot, will screw with certain coding, and generally just. Doesn't sound like a good idea when applied.)
I'd prefer a pose change Scroll tbh, since I do like certain poses more

Edit: Although, maybe if it can only be used on hatchling I'd get somrt of behind it.
I don't support this tbh (edit for reasons: Difficulty will be shot, will screw with certain coding, and generally just. Doesn't sound like a good idea when applied.)
I'd prefer a pose change Scroll tbh, since I do like certain poses more

Edit: Although, maybe if it can only be used on hatchling I'd get somrt of behind it.
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
That would be very nice I usually hatch males and id love to be able to keep them as well.
That would be very nice I usually hatch males and id love to be able to keep them as well.
Read through the whole thread, and I definitely understand the opposition, but I am firmly in the camp of "A Gender Scroll Would Be Nice" myself. I don't think I'm saying anything different here, but I want to throw my two cents in anyway.

I've been breeding for a specific pair of dragons to trade to a friend so that she can breed me a specific female coloring with Nature eyes for more than a year. I'm been scanning the marketplace almost daily in case a dragon that would make that easier pops up with no luck, because any I found even remotely close to the colors I needed were super expensive. And this length of time doesn't even account for the RNG of eye genes on top of that since I don't really care for the dragon I'm going for..

And then the Banescale came out and I got two dragons with complimentary colors that I was excited to test out, only they were both female and aren't compatible with Gaoler. So now I have to decide which to sell to conserve my lair space so I can hopefully buy a complimentary male for the remaining one. Which kind of sucks.

I'm very in favor of only being able to use a gender scroll on an unbred dragon to avoid coding issues with lineage, and for the scroll to be fairly expensive so the choice isn't made lightly. But I would also then suggest that a scroll to undo the swap also can't be used once the dragon has been bred for the same reason. That way the dragon's only limit is in place to also prevent someone who buys the dragon from switching its gender because if it has kids then you got what you paid for with no confusion.

Done like that, I don't really see how it would break the game in any way, because you either pay in time or money to get a single scroll for one dragon at a price you have to seriously consider, and can only change if the dragon isn't a parent. And selling dragons that have been genderswapped isn't really that profitable if it's costly to do so because it might not sell. So it seems like it would be more for personal reasons that most players would do it. But I also wouldn't object to an aesthetic scroll, because I do have dragons that I don't care about the gender but would love the other art. I'd want that to be fairly cheap though since it would be cosmetic only.
Read through the whole thread, and I definitely understand the opposition, but I am firmly in the camp of "A Gender Scroll Would Be Nice" myself. I don't think I'm saying anything different here, but I want to throw my two cents in anyway.

I've been breeding for a specific pair of dragons to trade to a friend so that she can breed me a specific female coloring with Nature eyes for more than a year. I'm been scanning the marketplace almost daily in case a dragon that would make that easier pops up with no luck, because any I found even remotely close to the colors I needed were super expensive. And this length of time doesn't even account for the RNG of eye genes on top of that since I don't really care for the dragon I'm going for..

And then the Banescale came out and I got two dragons with complimentary colors that I was excited to test out, only they were both female and aren't compatible with Gaoler. So now I have to decide which to sell to conserve my lair space so I can hopefully buy a complimentary male for the remaining one. Which kind of sucks.

I'm very in favor of only being able to use a gender scroll on an unbred dragon to avoid coding issues with lineage, and for the scroll to be fairly expensive so the choice isn't made lightly. But I would also then suggest that a scroll to undo the swap also can't be used once the dragon has been bred for the same reason. That way the dragon's only limit is in place to also prevent someone who buys the dragon from switching its gender because if it has kids then you got what you paid for with no confusion.

Done like that, I don't really see how it would break the game in any way, because you either pay in time or money to get a single scroll for one dragon at a price you have to seriously consider, and can only change if the dragon isn't a parent. And selling dragons that have been genderswapped isn't really that profitable if it's costly to do so because it might not sell. So it seems like it would be more for personal reasons that most players would do it. But I also wouldn't object to an aesthetic scroll, because I do have dragons that I don't care about the gender but would love the other art. I'd want that to be fairly cheap though since it would be cosmetic only.
No support, I feel like every time this gets brought up there’s a lot of repetition
I agree with Jemadar’s points on the subject + the fact that it just makes getting certain dragons too easy.
As someone who enjoys seeking rare colored dragons to breed, I know for a fact some specific color combos would be flooded as soon as more of one gender was available.

I don’t want this to be a thing, if you have too many females (or males) in your lair, balance it out yourself- don’t request a brand new site wide item that could wreck a lot of people’s projects, or the economy.
There’s only so much rarity a dragon can have (disregarding some outliers), and being able to swap the genders is just one more thing to make getting a dragon you want even Easier than it is now.
No support, I feel like every time this gets brought up there’s a lot of repetition
I agree with Jemadar’s points on the subject + the fact that it just makes getting certain dragons too easy.
As someone who enjoys seeking rare colored dragons to breed, I know for a fact some specific color combos would be flooded as soon as more of one gender was available.

I don’t want this to be a thing, if you have too many females (or males) in your lair, balance it out yourself- don’t request a brand new site wide item that could wreck a lot of people’s projects, or the economy.
There’s only so much rarity a dragon can have (disregarding some outliers), and being able to swap the genders is just one more thing to make getting a dragon you want even Easier than it is now.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30