Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | When you leave FR open with Adblock on
1 2
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/443910894880030734/608795385145589830/unknown.png[/img]
unknown.png
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
Ublock Origin's only dinging two ads on this page, which are probably the two that are supposed to be there.
Ublock Origin's only dinging two ads on this page, which are probably the two that are supposed to be there.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Funny thing is, I have Adblock enabled, yet about a week or so ago, the ads started showing up anyway every few pages.
Funny thing is, I have Adblock enabled, yet about a week or so ago, the ads started showing up anyway every few pages.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
[quote name="MistLeaf" date="2019-08-07 16:42:03" ] Funny thing is, I have Adblock enabled, yet about a week or so ago, the ads started showing up anyway every few pages. [/quote] Same here! I also keep getting a really intrusive 'ads help run this site' pop up on every page if I don't click the 'continue using site' or whatever it is button and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
MistLeaf wrote on 2019-08-07 16:42:03:
Same here! I also keep getting a really intrusive 'ads help run this site' pop up on every page if I don't click the 'continue using site' or whatever it is button and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="Xela" date="2019-08-09 09:30:54" ] [quote name="MistLeaf" date="2019-08-07 16:42:03" ] Funny thing is, I have Adblock enabled, yet about a week or so ago, the ads started showing up anyway every few pages. [/quote] Same here! I also keep getting a really intrusive 'ads help run this site' pop up on every page if I don't click the 'continue using site' or whatever it is button and it's driving me absolutely nuts. [/quote] I don't see the ads, nor pop-ups about how the site 'needs' me to view the ads. I suppose my Ad Blocker/browser are still functioning as intended. I'd be more inclined to turn off my ad blocker if they presented evidence that the majority of their financial support really comes from the ads. It won't happen... because, reasons. [center][b][i]Turning off my Ad Blocker and browsing a few pages in Flight Rising:[/i][/b][/center] Right now I count two spots on each page that present different ads. [i](It is possible that a few common ad URLs are disabled independently from the over-all ad blocker.)[/i] A lot of sites similar to Flight Rising end up filling ads into every nook and cranny... Eventually adding a 'subscription'[b]*[/b] to remove ads... so you are left with two choices. Pay to remove the bloat or use an ad blocker. Right now the ads in Flight Rising [i](for me)[/i] are not too intrusive. One on the side bar and another on the bottom. Annoying that there are two at once, especially when one of them is animated in any way... If I could choose the type of ads I see I would also be far more inclined to actually let them through. [i](Example; instead of seeing bull crap about 'dating opportunities in my area' I'd be more receptive to video game or comic ads.)[/i] But a huge portion of the ads end up being bogus attempts to elicit money from idiots. [i][b]*[/b]I have no problem with a website requiring subscriptions to access. I have a problem with bloat ads and being told, "Pay us and we'll take them away for you."[/i]
Xela wrote on 2019-08-09 09:30:54:
MistLeaf wrote on 2019-08-07 16:42:03:
Same here! I also keep getting a really intrusive 'ads help run this site' pop up on every page if I don't click the 'continue using site' or whatever it is button and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
I don't see the ads, nor pop-ups about how the site 'needs' me to view the ads. I suppose my Ad Blocker/browser are still functioning as intended. I'd be more inclined to turn off my ad blocker if they presented evidence that the majority of their financial support really comes from the ads. It won't happen... because, reasons.

Turning off my Ad Blocker and browsing a few pages in Flight Rising:

Right now I count two spots on each page that present different ads. (It is possible that a few common ad URLs are disabled independently from the over-all ad blocker.) A lot of sites similar to Flight Rising end up filling ads into every nook and cranny... Eventually adding a 'subscription'* to remove ads... so you are left with two choices. Pay to remove the bloat or use an ad blocker.

Right now the ads in Flight Rising (for me) are not too intrusive. One on the side bar and another on the bottom. Annoying that there are two at once, especially when one of them is animated in any way...

If I could choose the type of ads I see I would also be far more inclined to actually let them through. (Example; instead of seeing bull crap about 'dating opportunities in my area' I'd be more receptive to video game or comic ads.) But a huge portion of the ads end up being bogus attempts to elicit money from idiots.

*I have no problem with a website requiring subscriptions to access. I have a problem with bloat ads and being told, "Pay us and we'll take them away for you."
g1_arcanist_wip_by_kidlet83-dbi7ye8.gifg1_mather_wip_by_kidlet83-dbrtr70.gif
@Martith the funny thing is, the ads are meant to be comic related! idk if it's changed, but they have/had a partnership with hiveworks to only show ads related to their content (which is webcomics)

but I've seen it petering off now into other things. I just run adblock now
@Martith the funny thing is, the ads are meant to be comic related! idk if it's changed, but they have/had a partnership with hiveworks to only show ads related to their content (which is webcomics)

but I've seen it petering off now into other things. I just run adblock now
3n8t2NZ.png tANH62X.png "Hey guys, check out this little tree we found!
Wait... Not all at once!!"

Banner Art Shop, x
Formerly BeingOfNature
---
LIGHTNING BUG MASTERLIST
BUG MASTERDRAGON [Joints Incl.]
Yeah, a friend and I noticed this too... leave it open a while and ad count gets craaaazy.
Yeah, a friend and I noticed this too... leave it open a while and ad count gets craaaazy.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I'm told sometimes that I need to turn off add block by the side, even though I don't use one.

The adds on here usually don't bother me. Except that one add that jumps all over my screen. Don't know if I am allowed to say what add it is, so I won't. Just in case.
I'm told sometimes that I need to turn off add block by the side, even though I don't use one.

The adds on here usually don't bother me. Except that one add that jumps all over my screen. Don't know if I am allowed to say what add it is, so I won't. Just in case.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
Well, sometimes.. I had really slow connection and fr can't connect the ads so fr thought I had adblock on even tho I didn't have any adblock :/
Well, sometimes.. I had really slow connection and fr can't connect the ads so fr thought I had adblock on even tho I didn't have any adblock :/
[quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2019-08-07 16:39:48" ] Ublock Origin's only dinging two ads on this page, which are probably the two that are supposed to be there. [/quote] [color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4]Also running uBlock and I've got the same two dings for the two ads. Seeing the amount OP has is unsettling.
LordJeanliness wrote on 2019-08-07 16:39:48:

Also running uBlock and I've got the same two dings for the two ads.

Seeing the amount OP has is unsettling.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
1 2