Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New breed] Bladefin, shark-inspired
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
This would be awesome to see!
This would be awesome to see!
These look amazing! Support from me, I'd love to see shark-like dragons around.
These look amazing! Support from me, I'd love to see shark-like dragons around.
I am 100% into this dragon design.
I am 100% into this dragon design.
Shark dragons. YES.
You have all of my support. ^^
Shark dragons. YES.
You have all of my support. ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxgaNR54h.gif
Ein2UNi.pngCw6CDrs.png8uPUezH.png
sZPmYsE.gif
I, too, see a bit of a resemblance to Skydancers. But that isn't necessarily bad. Since swimming and flying follow similar principles, it makes sense that their bodies would look somewhat alike.

A few suggestions:

1. I am assuming, since they have gills, that these dragons spend most, if not all, of their time in the water. Perhaps try redrawing the head without external ears? That would streamline them a bit more, and also remove a bit of the SD resemblance.

2. Again, with the assumption that these are aquatic dragons: Maybe make the legs shorter, and make the toes slightly thicker and longer. More like fins. You have given them webbed feet already, which is excellent.

3. More aquatic changes to consider: The big tail and shark similarity suggests that these are hunters, which would move fast to catch their prey. The big tail is perfect, but they are lacking some of the stabilizing and controlling fins. My second suggestion might fix this, as the bigger feet would be able to move more water and help them steer.

4. A suggestion for if the dragons are to be more land-based: Perhaps minimize the gills, or remove them entirely. Gills are extremely delicate, and basically big holes that lead directly to the dragon's lungs. In the water, the liquid serves at a bit of protection, and the constant flow of water helps keep them clean. Out of the water it would be a pain trying to keep them clean.

Just a few suggestions. You don't need to pay them any attention if you don't want to. Overall, I like the idea. So, support from me!
By the way, I love your artwork! It's amazing. :3
I, too, see a bit of a resemblance to Skydancers. But that isn't necessarily bad. Since swimming and flying follow similar principles, it makes sense that their bodies would look somewhat alike.

A few suggestions:

1. I am assuming, since they have gills, that these dragons spend most, if not all, of their time in the water. Perhaps try redrawing the head without external ears? That would streamline them a bit more, and also remove a bit of the SD resemblance.

2. Again, with the assumption that these are aquatic dragons: Maybe make the legs shorter, and make the toes slightly thicker and longer. More like fins. You have given them webbed feet already, which is excellent.

3. More aquatic changes to consider: The big tail and shark similarity suggests that these are hunters, which would move fast to catch their prey. The big tail is perfect, but they are lacking some of the stabilizing and controlling fins. My second suggestion might fix this, as the bigger feet would be able to move more water and help them steer.

4. A suggestion for if the dragons are to be more land-based: Perhaps minimize the gills, or remove them entirely. Gills are extremely delicate, and basically big holes that lead directly to the dragon's lungs. In the water, the liquid serves at a bit of protection, and the constant flow of water helps keep them clean. Out of the water it would be a pain trying to keep them clean.

Just a few suggestions. You don't need to pay them any attention if you don't want to. Overall, I like the idea. So, support from me!
By the way, I love your artwork! It's amazing. :3
My special doll giveaway --> http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=1245892&page=1
Idol_sopping_tidelord_sackdoll.png
FULL SUPPORT!

Shark-inspired dragons would make a lot of sense. Not only do we need an nice aquatic dragon species, but the upcoming Bar (primary) and Daub (secondary) genes are actually based off of leopard shark markings. It would be a very cool mix.
FULL SUPPORT!

Shark-inspired dragons would make a lot of sense. Not only do we need an nice aquatic dragon species, but the upcoming Bar (primary) and Daub (secondary) genes are actually based off of leopard shark markings. It would be a very cool mix.
They do look very cool. Support from me. I'd love to see how they'd look with iri/shim and tiger/stripe genes.
They do look very cool. Support from me. I'd love to see how they'd look with iri/shim and tiger/stripe genes.
Yesss, support!
Yesss, support!
Support!

Not only this design is very neat, but the artwork presented is really, really lovely!
Support!

Not only this design is very neat, but the artwork presented is really, really lovely!
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
I really like it! I can totally see something like this among the existing dragons :)
I really like it! I can totally see something like this among the existing dragons :)
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42