Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "Adult" seems like a very hard game
1 2 3
I'm accelerating towards 30 in a few years, and I'm still pretty sure I'm doing this wrong. School didn't teach us home ec. :') I'm still figuring out TurboTax.

On the other hand, the perks are as Demonically said, you can get all the stuff your parents used to balk at. A whole box of Count Chocula and dinosaur chicken nuggets? GO FOR IT
I'm accelerating towards 30 in a few years, and I'm still pretty sure I'm doing this wrong. School didn't teach us home ec. :') I'm still figuring out TurboTax.

On the other hand, the perks are as Demonically said, you can get all the stuff your parents used to balk at. A whole box of Count Chocula and dinosaur chicken nuggets? GO FOR IT
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
Google is very helpful. Ask it everything you need.
Google is very helpful. Ask it everything you need.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
when the clock strikes midnight on my 18th birthday i'll just collapse on the spot from the sudden weight of like, paying taxes
when the clock strikes midnight on my 18th birthday i'll just collapse on the spot from the sudden weight of like, paying taxes
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
[quote name="EchoGhost" date="2019-06-19 10:05:01" ] I've been playing the adult game for 3 years now... still stuck in the starting area... [/quote] This is a WHOLE mood.
EchoGhost wrote on 2019-06-19 10:05:01:
I've been playing the adult game for 3 years now... still stuck in the starting area...

This is a WHOLE mood.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I've been playing this game for like, fifteen years and I'm still crap at it and I definitely don't have all the Achievements.

Fortunately for me, taxes are calculated prior to me being paid because the system's sensible here, so I don't have to worry about that!
I've been playing this game for like, fifteen years and I'm still crap at it and I definitely don't have all the Achievements.

Fortunately for me, taxes are calculated prior to me being paid because the system's sensible here, so I don't have to worry about that!
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
adulting is crazy spooky
i’ve only been at it for about half a year now, but holy heck!!! it’s been busy
had to get my id, start looking for a place, get my dog set up as an esa so i can actually bring him to the place i decided on (i cannot sleep if he’s even just not laying with me, so that was important)

but once you get done with the bulk of entering your adult life, i feel like it calms down a lot? for me everything’s been pretty slow going the past 3 months. i’m just waiting on the next available apartment where i decided on, & should be there in july!!

but yeah! don’t stress too much. taxes aren’t as scary as they seem, either. have someone do it for you the first year, tho, so you know the basic idea of how it works
adulting is crazy spooky
i’ve only been at it for about half a year now, but holy heck!!! it’s been busy
had to get my id, start looking for a place, get my dog set up as an esa so i can actually bring him to the place i decided on (i cannot sleep if he’s even just not laying with me, so that was important)

but once you get done with the bulk of entering your adult life, i feel like it calms down a lot? for me everything’s been pretty slow going the past 3 months. i’m just waiting on the next available apartment where i decided on, & should be there in july!!

but yeah! don’t stress too much. taxes aren’t as scary as they seem, either. have someone do it for you the first year, tho, so you know the basic idea of how it works
sZShZzW.png bYt72YT.png
em6G0U2.png WKtl2lb.png
It's only hard if your parents didn't teach you the way lol.
It's only hard if your parents didn't teach you the way lol.
I am 23- almost 24, I have a full time job, my own place, and am expecting my first child in two weeks. Speaking from my own experience, it is scary and intimidating at first, but you slowly begin to get the hang of things after awhile. It would be a stretch to say that things are easy, and at 18 you will not have everything all figured out. While you are technically an "adult" I find that at 18 it is just that, a technicality. Which as you get older you will begin to realize and agree with yourself.

I found what helped me the most was focusing on one step at a time. The first thing every adult needs is a source of income, so securing a job is key. After that you can decide your next step - but as a suggestion I'd say license, and then saving up for a car. After that you can save up for an affordable place and keep moving on up from there. One step at a time, one day at a time, and try not to overwhelm yourself by looking at everything you need to/want to accomplish. Just one attainable goal at a time. :)

Good luck adulting! I assure you, it isn't SO bad. :P
I am 23- almost 24, I have a full time job, my own place, and am expecting my first child in two weeks. Speaking from my own experience, it is scary and intimidating at first, but you slowly begin to get the hang of things after awhile. It would be a stretch to say that things are easy, and at 18 you will not have everything all figured out. While you are technically an "adult" I find that at 18 it is just that, a technicality. Which as you get older you will begin to realize and agree with yourself.

I found what helped me the most was focusing on one step at a time. The first thing every adult needs is a source of income, so securing a job is key. After that you can decide your next step - but as a suggestion I'd say license, and then saving up for a car. After that you can save up for an affordable place and keep moving on up from there. One step at a time, one day at a time, and try not to overwhelm yourself by looking at everything you need to/want to accomplish. Just one attainable goal at a time. :)

Good luck adulting! I assure you, it isn't SO bad. :P
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
I attempted adulting, couldn't get past the tutorial. I joined a year and a half ago.
I attempted adulting, couldn't get past the tutorial. I joined a year and a half ago.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
[quote name="Demonically" date="2019-06-18 18:16:07" ] I mean, being an adult means I can spend $20 on amazon to get myself a giant box of foreign candy and no one can tell me "No". [/quote]
Demonically wrote on 2019-06-18 18:16:07:
I mean, being an adult means I can spend $20 on amazon to get myself a giant box of foreign candy and no one can tell me "No".
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
1 2 3