Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awakened Familiar Functionality
1 2
Since joining this website three years ago, I've bonded with familiars daily and made a big effort to acquire every familiar possible. At the beginning, the chests this provided were a major source of income for me. Now I have every familiar except for a handful from the gem marketplace, a couple of bosses, and the retired familiars. I'm down to my last twenty or so which aren't awakened.

The site regularly introduces new familiars which is great, but I don't think it's really possible to introduce them quickly enough for long-time users to be able to get new ones for all their dragons. The result is, after years of hard work, there's a bunch of "completed" familiars who no longer pay out (the gold you receive each day from bonding is negligible). I feel like awakened familiars should give you an ongoing reward instead of becoming useless.

The problems with awakened familiars:
(1) No one except for the owner can see that they're awakened, so it doesn't have a cool display factor or show the time I've put in.
(2) No longer provide income in the form of chests, thereby making them less lucrative and redundant in terms of gameplay.

The solutions:
(1) Display the level of affection of a dragon's familiar in the corner to all users so it carries some prestige (maybe a pretty icon)
(2) Introduce a feature where you can use your awakened familiars (I'm thinking maybe you can send familiars out on missions to collect items and the higher the affection level the better the rewards)
(3) Introduce an item which, for a reasonable price (preferably in treasure), can reset the affection progress of a familiar. That way it doesn't feel over when a familiar is awakened.
(4) Make awakened familiars have a small chance of also giving a rusted treasure chest or maybe some gems. It's really sad to know that the familiar will never give out a chest ever again.

tl;dr: Awakened familiars need something to do, to be able to be reset, or to at least be visibly awakened, otherwise the maximum level makes them sadly redundant in gameplay.
Since joining this website three years ago, I've bonded with familiars daily and made a big effort to acquire every familiar possible. At the beginning, the chests this provided were a major source of income for me. Now I have every familiar except for a handful from the gem marketplace, a couple of bosses, and the retired familiars. I'm down to my last twenty or so which aren't awakened.

The site regularly introduces new familiars which is great, but I don't think it's really possible to introduce them quickly enough for long-time users to be able to get new ones for all their dragons. The result is, after years of hard work, there's a bunch of "completed" familiars who no longer pay out (the gold you receive each day from bonding is negligible). I feel like awakened familiars should give you an ongoing reward instead of becoming useless.

The problems with awakened familiars:
(1) No one except for the owner can see that they're awakened, so it doesn't have a cool display factor or show the time I've put in.
(2) No longer provide income in the form of chests, thereby making them less lucrative and redundant in terms of gameplay.

The solutions:
(1) Display the level of affection of a dragon's familiar in the corner to all users so it carries some prestige (maybe a pretty icon)
(2) Introduce a feature where you can use your awakened familiars (I'm thinking maybe you can send familiars out on missions to collect items and the higher the affection level the better the rewards)
(3) Introduce an item which, for a reasonable price (preferably in treasure), can reset the affection progress of a familiar. That way it doesn't feel over when a familiar is awakened.
(4) Make awakened familiars have a small chance of also giving a rusted treasure chest or maybe some gems. It's really sad to know that the familiar will never give out a chest ever again.

tl;dr: Awakened familiars need something to do, to be able to be reset, or to at least be visibly awakened, otherwise the maximum level makes them sadly redundant in gameplay.
Support for solutions 1, 2, and 4. Those all seem reasonable, but solution 3 would require wiping the familiar's memories, or doing something traumatic to them so they no longer trust your dragon. I'm not comfortable with that.
Support for solutions 1, 2, and 4. Those all seem reasonable, but solution 3 would require wiping the familiar's memories, or doing something traumatic to them so they no longer trust your dragon. I'm not comfortable with that.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I support solutions 1 and 4, it'd be very nice to show off an icon beside the title 'familiar' in the box they sit in that declared they had the utmost trust in the clan.. And having a chance to get something else from them would be much more interesting.
I support solutions 1 and 4, it'd be very nice to show off an icon beside the title 'familiar' in the box they sit in that declared they had the utmost trust in the clan.. And having a chance to get something else from them would be much more interesting.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
Support for 1, 2, and 4. For the same reasons as the second poster. Lore is very important to me and it would raise questions for a lot of the fanbase.
Support for 1, 2, and 4. For the same reasons as the second poster. Lore is very important to me and it would raise questions for a lot of the fanbase.
I support all of these.

There can be lore reasons why your familiars memory is spotty, and each time you level them up enough to get a chest, you could say their memory was coming back. Maybe someone cast a spell on them, maybe they were injured in battle, maybe they have Alzheimers. Either way, it can make sense lore wise, and doesn't have to involve anything traumatic.
I support all of these.

There can be lore reasons why your familiars memory is spotty, and each time you level them up enough to get a chest, you could say their memory was coming back. Maybe someone cast a spell on them, maybe they were injured in battle, maybe they have Alzheimers. Either way, it can make sense lore wise, and doesn't have to involve anything traumatic.
For number 3, are you suggesting totally resetting their bond back to 0? Because if that happened with enough familiars it would put a lot of treasure back into the system, unless the cost of resetting was high enough to offset the treasure you can gain through each daily interaction/milestone chest with each familiar.
For number 3, are you suggesting totally resetting their bond back to 0? Because if that happened with enough familiars it would put a lot of treasure back into the system, unless the cost of resetting was high enough to offset the treasure you can gain through each daily interaction/milestone chest with each familiar.
[quote name="Farah" date="2019-05-03 08:14:46" ] For number 3, are you suggesting totally resetting their bond back to 0? Because if that happened with enough familiars it would put a lot of treasure back into the system, unless the cost of resetting was high enough to offset the treasure you can gain through each daily interaction/milestone chest with each familiar. [/quote] Yes. Honestly, I think this game could use more treasure in the system. Awakening a familiar takes 158 days, so it'd be pretty spaced out, and most people have unawakened familiars they use for that purpose anyway, so it'd only be a real change for the people who have awakened all their familiars.
Farah wrote on 2019-05-03 08:14:46:

Yes. Honestly, I think this game could use more treasure in the system. Awakening a familiar takes 158 days, so it'd be pretty spaced out, and most people have unawakened familiars they use for that purpose anyway, so it'd only be a real change for the people who have awakened all their familiars.
Uh, I honestly think you might be in the minority for feeling that there isn't already enough treasure in the system when it's possible (and not too difficult) to earn 75K in treasure per day in the fairgrounds, and you can exalt and make a minimum of 3K per dragon if you buy them for 5K and train them a bit. It takes me less than ten minutes to train a dragon up to level 6, and I tend to collect hatchlings, train them up and bulk-exalt which is a pretty fast process.
There's also the ability to fight in the coliseum and sell the loot you find, plus all the other ways it's possible to make money.

And considering how many players there are, and how many of them will have dozens if not hundreds of awakened familiars, particularly for veteran players who've had the time to amass that number, that is a lot of money going back into the system.

Bottom line, regardless of anyone's feelings about the amount of treasure in the system, paying money to earn money from familiars just seems pointless when you could easily and fairly quickly earn treasure by doing any of the things listed above.
Uh, I honestly think you might be in the minority for feeling that there isn't already enough treasure in the system when it's possible (and not too difficult) to earn 75K in treasure per day in the fairgrounds, and you can exalt and make a minimum of 3K per dragon if you buy them for 5K and train them a bit. It takes me less than ten minutes to train a dragon up to level 6, and I tend to collect hatchlings, train them up and bulk-exalt which is a pretty fast process.
There's also the ability to fight in the coliseum and sell the loot you find, plus all the other ways it's possible to make money.

And considering how many players there are, and how many of them will have dozens if not hundreds of awakened familiars, particularly for veteran players who've had the time to amass that number, that is a lot of money going back into the system.

Bottom line, regardless of anyone's feelings about the amount of treasure in the system, paying money to earn money from familiars just seems pointless when you could easily and fairly quickly earn treasure by doing any of the things listed above.
I agree that the familiars bonding isn't realy interesting enough as it is now. Even if you are not a veteran player and don't have all the familiars already awaken, it could be quite frustrating to have an awaken familiar on a dragon that you don't want to remove for X reasons but the familiar is almost "dead" feature and doesn't bring any more gameplay exept than giving 50t a day. [i]I have this problem for some familiars that I wont ever separate from their dragons for lore raison. [s](aka someone give them to me with the dragon, and I don't want THIS copy of the familiar to be mix up in my hoard with its copies of the same familiar... I know I have TRUE problem XD)[/s][/i] Reply to The solutions: [b](1) Display the level of affection of a dragon's familiar in the corner to all users so it carries some prestige (maybe a pretty icon)[/b] => That could be a nice feature that wont be to difficult to implant in the game (I hope?). At least that won't hurt anyone to have that in the game. [b](2) Introduce a feature where you can use your awakened familiars [/b](I'm thinking maybe you can send familiars out on missions to collect items and the higher the affection level the better the rewards) =>sounds like the best for me, because FlighRising lake of gameplay in my point of view and that would really give to everyone a goal to awaken(and collect) a lot of familliars (other that money). If they could find sort of exclusive items, that would be a good point too. (material to use in brew or swip?) [b](3) Introduce an item which, for a reasonable price (preferably in treasure), can reset the affection progress of a familiar.[/b] That way it doesn't feel over when a familiar is awakened. =>I am not sure about this one. Lore wise I think it would be strange to "un-awaken" a familiar your dragon(s) had spend so much time to bond with. Gameplay wise, it sounds pointless to spend money to ... earn money again with a familiar. o-o [b](4) Make awakened familiars have a small chance of also giving a rusted treasure chest or maybe some gems. [/b]It's really sad to know that the familiar will never give out a chest ever again. => I agree with that. Alternaly, they could have a small chance to give a special chest from which the players could find new apparels in. Here are my own suggestions: [b]-The number of familiar awaken could count in the dominance bord.[/b] (aka, if a player is "see as active by the game" the more awaken familiar they have, the more point they give to their flight. I don't how that could affect the way dominance is calculated now, but because the math is kept secret by FR team, I think it's not too insane to ask that more factor could be take in concideration DOM wise. (and that would be a good alternative for the flight that don't exalt dragon a lot) [b]-Awaken familiar in battle. [/b](lol) Could be as well a new feature in the coli: If your dragon has an awaken familiar, they have a bonus of stat or a special ability... imagine the possibilities.... *w* Could be a new battle systhem, separated from the actual coli. Andthat could be paired with sugestion (2) [b]-Breed your awaken familiar for hybrid new ones.[/b] Like, you know... your familiars lived for so long time in your lair that they would fall in love and breed... XD That would be a nice new way to introduce new familiars in the game. [u]Of course evrery fam won't be abble to breed with every others, that would be insane!!!! But maybe one or two other...[/u] It could have 3 levels of hybrids: -1st, the simple : a recoloration of the art to have a new alternative of the familiar: ex : [item=emerald webwing] [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [item=sakura owl] = Sakura Webwing -2st, the medium : A alteration of the line of familiar #1 with features from familiar #2: ex : [item=bamboo phytocat] [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [item=warcat protector] = Armored Phytocat -3st, the difficult : a total mix of the parents that would require a full new art: ex : [item=nightsky fuiran] [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [item=black wolf] = Wolf Head Shadowbat XD
I agree that the familiars bonding isn't realy interesting enough as it is now.
Even if you are not a veteran player and don't have all the familiars already awaken, it could be quite frustrating to have an awaken familiar on a dragon that you don't want to remove for X reasons but the familiar is almost "dead" feature and doesn't bring any more gameplay exept than giving 50t a day.

I have this problem for some familiars that I wont ever separate from their dragons for lore raison. (aka someone give them to me with the dragon, and I don't want THIS copy of the familiar to be mix up in my hoard with its copies of the same familiar... I know I have TRUE problem XD)

Reply to The solutions:
=> That could be a nice feature that wont be to difficult to implant in the game (I hope?). At least that won't hurt anyone to have that in the game.

=>sounds like the best for me, because FlighRising lake of gameplay in my point of view and that would really give to everyone a goal to awaken(and collect) a lot of familliars (other that money). If they could find sort of exclusive items, that would be a good point too. (material to use in brew or swip?)

=>I am not sure about this one. Lore wise I think it would be strange to "un-awaken" a familiar your dragon(s) had spend so much time to bond with.
Gameplay wise, it sounds pointless to spend money to ... earn money again with a familiar. o-o

=> I agree with that. Alternaly, they could have a small chance to give a special chest from which the players could find new apparels in.

Here are my own suggestions:

-The number of familiar awaken could count in the dominance bord.
(aka, if a player is "see as active by the game" the more awaken familiar they have, the more point they give to their flight. I don't how that could affect the way dominance is calculated now, but because the math is kept secret by FR team, I think it's not too insane to ask that more factor could be take in concideration DOM wise. (and that would be a good alternative for the flight that don't exalt dragon a lot)

-Awaken familiar in battle. (lol)
Could be as well a new feature in the coli:
If your dragon has an awaken familiar, they have a bonus of stat or a special ability... imagine the possibilities.... *w*
Could be a new battle systhem, separated from the actual coli.
Andthat could be paired with sugestion (2)

-Breed your awaken familiar for hybrid new ones.
Like, you know... your familiars lived for so long time in your lair that they would fall in love and breed... XD
That would be a nice new way to introduce new familiars in the game.
Of course evrery fam won't be abble to breed with every others, that would be insane!!!! But maybe one or two other...

It could have 3 levels of hybrids:
-1st, the simple : a recoloration of the art to have a new alternative of the familiar:

ex : Emerald Webwing Sakura Owl = Sakura Webwing

-2st, the medium : A alteration of the line of familiar #1 with features from familiar #2:

ex : Bamboo Phytocat Warcat Protector = Armored Phytocat

-3st, the difficult : a total mix of the parents that would require a full new art:

ex : Nightsky Fuiran Black Wolf = Wolf Head Shadowbat XD
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
1 2