Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How did you get into your fandom(s)
1 2 3 4
danganronpa - i watched a 101 facts video about it, and it reminded me that i'd seen it before and it looked kind of interesting, but i'd avoided it just because i wasn't a fan of anime/that kind of style. when i realized it was a game i looked more of it up, and now i'm basically the ultimate uni level danganronpa fan at this point. my favorite characters are gonta and toko, although kaito is high up there, my favorite game is V3, i'm full of useless trivia, and i'm in the process of making my own fan characters and comic/maybe a fake let's play.
danganronpa - i watched a 101 facts video about it, and it reminded me that i'd seen it before and it looked kind of interesting, but i'd avoided it just because i wasn't a fan of anime/that kind of style. when i realized it was a game i looked more of it up, and now i'm basically the ultimate uni level danganronpa fan at this point. my favorite characters are gonta and toko, although kaito is high up there, my favorite game is V3, i'm full of useless trivia, and i'm in the process of making my own fan characters and comic/maybe a fake let's play.
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->7vwJS1.pngFpeXV1.pngoDgxM1.pngunknown.png
I got into Megaman by maining him in smash bros. Anything is possible.
I got into Megaman by maining him in smash bros. Anything is possible.
pew pew pew
Critical Role because somewhere I saw this *amazing* piece of art and that it was inspired by a DnD show and I was like "What? Cool!"
And I got sucked in.
Critical Role because somewhere I saw this *amazing* piece of art and that it was inspired by a DnD show and I was like "What? Cool!"
And I got sucked in.
Marvel, because a friend invited me to come see Thor Ragnarok with her. I had a few months until it came out, so I decided to watch the first Thor movie to get an idea of what I was getting myself into and yeah... I watched almost all of the movies by the time Ragnarok hit theaters.
Marvel, because a friend invited me to come see Thor Ragnarok with her. I had a few months until it came out, so I decided to watch the first Thor movie to get an idea of what I was getting myself into and yeah... I watched almost all of the movies by the time Ragnarok hit theaters.
tumblr_ph9qsupfNG1sbxtq7o4_250.pngvincente_kittenfangs_100_by_dragonnmr-damnupa.gifkHExOMX.png
admittedly, i got into devil may cry with the reboot in 2014. i knew of the main series for years before but DmC was the first one i played myself. i was mostly into DmC for a long while until i decided to play the main series and i grew to like them equally. my interest in the series as a whole tapered out for a while, until last year when the classic dante costume was added to monster hunter world and i was like "oh hey i used to love this series!" and then like two months later dmc5 was announced :,) i still have a soft spot for DmC but the main dmc series is definitely my main focus now!
admittedly, i got into devil may cry with the reboot in 2014. i knew of the main series for years before but DmC was the first one i played myself. i was mostly into DmC for a long while until i decided to play the main series and i grew to like them equally. my interest in the series as a whole tapered out for a while, until last year when the classic dante costume was added to monster hunter world and i was like "oh hey i used to love this series!" and then like two months later dmc5 was announced :,) i still have a soft spot for DmC but the main dmc series is definitely my main focus now!
52da68abb6078cb2256c94cf527c1a80a03742e1.gif
Oh god, hmmm...

I got into the Final Fantasy fandom when I was around seven. My friends mom was playing it, and let us have a try with Final Fantasy VII. We fell in love with the characters, and stayed up ALLLL night playing. And day. And the following night. We beat it in about three days of almost continuous play. And we were just hooked.

K Project? I honestly don't know how I got into it. I think I asked the guy selling anime at a convention if he had any recommendations for me. (Since I've seen him at cons since I was 14, he kinda knows me, and my taste XD) He suggested K and a few others, and I FELL IN LOVE with it almost immediately. My heart died a little when I didn't know if there was going to be a second season.

Legend of Zelda...I think I was like, 8, and I was trying to get into all the cool video games. I came across the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time for the Game Cube, and asked my mom for it. She oddly enough got me it, and I played for DAYS. I was horrible at it, but it was a lot of fun. I got hooked by the songs I think. They were so pretty to me, and still are.
Oh god, hmmm...

I got into the Final Fantasy fandom when I was around seven. My friends mom was playing it, and let us have a try with Final Fantasy VII. We fell in love with the characters, and stayed up ALLLL night playing. And day. And the following night. We beat it in about three days of almost continuous play. And we were just hooked.

K Project? I honestly don't know how I got into it. I think I asked the guy selling anime at a convention if he had any recommendations for me. (Since I've seen him at cons since I was 14, he kinda knows me, and my taste XD) He suggested K and a few others, and I FELL IN LOVE with it almost immediately. My heart died a little when I didn't know if there was going to be a second season.

Legend of Zelda...I think I was like, 8, and I was trying to get into all the cool video games. I came across the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time for the Game Cube, and asked my mom for it. She oddly enough got me it, and I played for DAYS. I was horrible at it, but it was a lot of fun. I got hooked by the songs I think. They were so pretty to me, and still are.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
sally face really suddenly started showing up all over my feed in january, so i went and watched jacksepticeye's playthrough out of curiosity

instant attachment
sally face really suddenly started showing up all over my feed in january, so i went and watched jacksepticeye's playthrough out of curiosity

instant attachment
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
Oof, well I've only really been in a small handful so-

Sonic the Hedgehog: This was my home since I was a kid. With inspirations coming in from Dead Space, Aliens, and sprinkle in some Black Lagoon, I had FC's tailored to those sort of things. Slowly they took on their own story, and then I bailed ship because I felt my art was stunted here, and I was tired of being confined in a rather tight style. I wanted to improve.

Magic the Gathering: When I bailed, this was where I went. At the time my BF had gotten me into it casually, then I started dabbling in lore, and sure enough there were things somewhat to the concept of Aliens sprinkled in and I fell in head first, specifically the Phyrexians. I met amazing people, still do art, and the game overall is fun at a casual level. Though I am not entirely certain on the current story, I still enjoy the older lore and have been collecting books slowly. I'm mad I didn't know about this game sooner, it's as old as I am.

Other fandoms I am slowly dappling in are here and Monster Hunter.

But sadly I haven't been super active, cause, y'know? LIFE
Oof, well I've only really been in a small handful so-

Sonic the Hedgehog: This was my home since I was a kid. With inspirations coming in from Dead Space, Aliens, and sprinkle in some Black Lagoon, I had FC's tailored to those sort of things. Slowly they took on their own story, and then I bailed ship because I felt my art was stunted here, and I was tired of being confined in a rather tight style. I wanted to improve.

Magic the Gathering: When I bailed, this was where I went. At the time my BF had gotten me into it casually, then I started dabbling in lore, and sure enough there were things somewhat to the concept of Aliens sprinkled in and I fell in head first, specifically the Phyrexians. I met amazing people, still do art, and the game overall is fun at a casual level. Though I am not entirely certain on the current story, I still enjoy the older lore and have been collecting books slowly. I'm mad I didn't know about this game sooner, it's as old as I am.

Other fandoms I am slowly dappling in are here and Monster Hunter.

But sadly I haven't been super active, cause, y'know? LIFE
5dfbaa2985c2722f63848a60330b6b60f55212af.png
I'm in my mid-twenties and I've been in online fandom since I was 9 so... I can't remember how I got into EVERY fandom I've had lol. My current ones though...

Transformers: I've wanted to get into TF for a while, because I like robots and a lot of the characters appealed to me, but I couldn't figure out where to start with it (and I didn't really have much exposure to it as a kid either). I got advised to read More Than Meets The Eye and fell deeply in love, oh my god that comic is so good. And from there I just started consuming all the Transformers media I could.

Steven Universe: I watched The Return/Jailbreak the day after they aired because there was a lot of hype on Twitter and Tumblr and I was curious. I was confused as hell but thought "I bet this would be awesome if I had actually seen any other episodes of this show", so I watched it from the beginning after that, and uh oh there goes four years of my life

McElroys: I needed something to watch while I was working on my senior project in college, and decided to give Monster Factory a shot, because I had heard good things about it. I was immediately hooked, like, the sense of humor was so close to my own I felt like "where has this been all my life". Then I listened to MBMBAM... And then TAZ... And now I'm just all in.

OK KO: All my favorite shows were on hiatus and I thought it looked cute, plus I like some of the artists working on it from previous things. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, though. I'm one of the biggest OK KO fans in the world probably, I'm totally obsessed and it's kinda lonely because the fandom is so small. also ian jq retweeted my fanart today and I had to sneak in a mention of that bc I'm still so unbelievably stoked
I'm in my mid-twenties and I've been in online fandom since I was 9 so... I can't remember how I got into EVERY fandom I've had lol. My current ones though...

Transformers: I've wanted to get into TF for a while, because I like robots and a lot of the characters appealed to me, but I couldn't figure out where to start with it (and I didn't really have much exposure to it as a kid either). I got advised to read More Than Meets The Eye and fell deeply in love, oh my god that comic is so good. And from there I just started consuming all the Transformers media I could.

Steven Universe: I watched The Return/Jailbreak the day after they aired because there was a lot of hype on Twitter and Tumblr and I was curious. I was confused as hell but thought "I bet this would be awesome if I had actually seen any other episodes of this show", so I watched it from the beginning after that, and uh oh there goes four years of my life

McElroys: I needed something to watch while I was working on my senior project in college, and decided to give Monster Factory a shot, because I had heard good things about it. I was immediately hooked, like, the sense of humor was so close to my own I felt like "where has this been all my life". Then I listened to MBMBAM... And then TAZ... And now I'm just all in.

OK KO: All my favorite shows were on hiatus and I thought it looked cute, plus I like some of the artists working on it from previous things. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, though. I'm one of the biggest OK KO fans in the world probably, I'm totally obsessed and it's kinda lonely because the fandom is so small. also ian jq retweeted my fanart today and I had to sneak in a mention of that bc I'm still so unbelievably stoked

sup, i'm alex
qjWV0vY.png
06xk8gV.png
FlMK7kZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
vWMuYyj.png
Hellboy: watched it at my Ex's house and was instantly hooked, went out to buy the comics the next day. Hellboy is hands down my favourite superheros and is just the nicest guy. I get frustrated with ''chosen one'' narratives where someone is destined for greatness, because real life is nothing like that. So Hellboy having a dark prophecy and that he absolutely refuses to be part of is great, because he actively has to choose to be a good person.

A tale of two rulers: This took my several attempts as I was initially put off because it's a Zelda x Ganondorf comic and I really didn't ship them initially, but they really work in this web comic and it's super wholesome. also I'm a huge sucker for romance.

Steven Universe: I saw the pilot when it came out and loved it, I'm so pleased with how the show has gone, I still never see the plot twists coming. Also I have been collecting gem stones since I was a kid so it's already in line with my interests

D&D: I was already a fan of anything fantasy, so when my flatmates old friend came over to ours to run a campaign with us, I was instantly hooked. It's crazy how much you can do in a campaign. Even though D&D has lead to fallouts in our group (which we get over) being in a campaign has involved the most creativity I've experienced in years.

Pokemon: I got into it when I was 4, so I really don't remember lol
Hellboy: watched it at my Ex's house and was instantly hooked, went out to buy the comics the next day. Hellboy is hands down my favourite superheros and is just the nicest guy. I get frustrated with ''chosen one'' narratives where someone is destined for greatness, because real life is nothing like that. So Hellboy having a dark prophecy and that he absolutely refuses to be part of is great, because he actively has to choose to be a good person.

A tale of two rulers: This took my several attempts as I was initially put off because it's a Zelda x Ganondorf comic and I really didn't ship them initially, but they really work in this web comic and it's super wholesome. also I'm a huge sucker for romance.

Steven Universe: I saw the pilot when it came out and loved it, I'm so pleased with how the show has gone, I still never see the plot twists coming. Also I have been collecting gem stones since I was a kid so it's already in line with my interests

D&D: I was already a fan of anything fantasy, so when my flatmates old friend came over to ours to run a campaign with us, I was instantly hooked. It's crazy how much you can do in a campaign. Even though D&D has lead to fallouts in our group (which we get over) being in a campaign has involved the most creativity I've experienced in years.

Pokemon: I got into it when I was 4, so I really don't remember lol
1 2 3 4