Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Monster Hunters here?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Iroh

It's a pretty rare find and I was lucky to get my hands on it myself. You'll only be able to play the offline mode though since they closed down the server for it ages ago. Still worth a play though if you're curious. Just beware the Plesioth hipchecks of destiny because in that game the hitbox for it was even more messed up .__.
@Iroh

It's a pretty rare find and I was lucky to get my hands on it myself. You'll only be able to play the offline mode though since they closed down the server for it ages ago. Still worth a play though if you're curious. Just beware the Plesioth hipchecks of destiny because in that game the hitbox for it was even more messed up .__.
I'm surprised there are this many fans, at least on this site. That's good though, I thought I was the only one for a while.

I have MHTri and MH3U for the Wii U, I also dabbled in MHFU, but I cannot solo new monsters. Just a bad habit of fighting bosses on my own.
I'm surprised there are this many fans, at least on this site. That's good though, I thought I was the only one for a while.

I have MHTri and MH3U for the Wii U, I also dabbled in MHFU, but I cannot solo new monsters. Just a bad habit of fighting bosses on my own.
Drawing drawing drawing....
Click below to see my art thread
!
8kBw74y.gif

@Feralxan
Don't I know it ;o; And oh god, the Plesioth is annoying so far in ANY game. Definitely not looking forward to that one. Even the design is all wonky on that monster. As for the hitbox.. yikes. 8U
@Feralxan
Don't I know it ;o; And oh god, the Plesioth is annoying so far in ANY game. Definitely not looking forward to that one. Even the design is all wonky on that monster. As for the hitbox.. yikes. 8U
@Iroh

At least in 3U they fixed Plessy and made that hipcheck less obnoxious to deal with. And you can chase him underwater now rather than being forced to fish/bomb/wait him out.

@DoomsdayBear

I feel like that everywhere I go lol There's so few MH fans around, and I have feel the need to try and connect with the ones I do find. At my college I found one, but he graduated last year, and this year I found another but I'LL be graduating in a semester :I
@Iroh

At least in 3U they fixed Plessy and made that hipcheck less obnoxious to deal with. And you can chase him underwater now rather than being forced to fish/bomb/wait him out.

@DoomsdayBear

I feel like that everywhere I go lol There's so few MH fans around, and I have feel the need to try and connect with the ones I do find. At my college I found one, but he graduated last year, and this year I found another but I'LL be graduating in a semester :I
@Feralxan

Even so, that's pretty lucky! I think I knew maybe one guy in highschool and he graduated a year before me. We never got to play together since we never did anything outside of school. I feel nervous even mentioning it, because people look at me like I'm speaking an entirely different language!

I don't mind Plesioth...so long as I'm bowing it and far away. In fact, most monsters are easy bowing and being far away.

Except ALATREON. I don't know who buffed him in MH3U, but High Rank whooped my butt hard.
@Feralxan

Even so, that's pretty lucky! I think I knew maybe one guy in highschool and he graduated a year before me. We never got to play together since we never did anything outside of school. I feel nervous even mentioning it, because people look at me like I'm speaking an entirely different language!

I don't mind Plesioth...so long as I'm bowing it and far away. In fact, most monsters are easy bowing and being far away.

Except ALATREON. I don't know who buffed him in MH3U, but High Rank whooped my butt hard.
Drawing drawing drawing....
Click below to see my art thread
!
8kBw74y.gif

@DoomsdayBear

Well what they did was... they gave him G-rank health. That's what they did to the monsters in the Mark of the Hero quest. I Dual Sworded him well enough... actually I went through most of the game with Dual Swords. I built a Kelbi Bow for Alatreon and then realized I preferred my swords better lol
@DoomsdayBear

Well what they did was... they gave him G-rank health. That's what they did to the monsters in the Mark of the Hero quest. I Dual Sworded him well enough... actually I went through most of the game with Dual Swords. I built a Kelbi Bow for Alatreon and then realized I preferred my swords better lol
@Feralxan

Heh. I didn't know it was rare. I just happened to pick it up at a Gamestop for the sake of collecting.

For some reason, I get the feeling I'm one of the very few people who didn't have any trouble with MH3U, and all the others like me came here.
@Feralxan

Heh. I didn't know it was rare. I just happened to pick it up at a Gamestop for the sake of collecting.

For some reason, I get the feeling I'm one of the very few people who didn't have any trouble with MH3U, and all the others like me came here.
@Dragonwarrior125

I will say I've had an easier time with 3U in comparison with other games. I used to get carted all the time/abuse potions regularly and often ran out, but I haven't encountered that issue except on a few quests (Mark of a Hero at first when I didn't realize you had to make the Rathalos and Brachydios hit eachother to death and the first time I fought a Lucent Nargacuga). Actually no, I still struggle with Lucent Narga lol but everything else has been more or less doable. It COULD be the case that I just have that much experience from the other games that I don't really notice lol but I will say that the implementation of the targeting system made some things easier.
@Dragonwarrior125

I will say I've had an easier time with 3U in comparison with other games. I used to get carted all the time/abuse potions regularly and often ran out, but I haven't encountered that issue except on a few quests (Mark of a Hero at first when I didn't realize you had to make the Rathalos and Brachydios hit eachother to death and the first time I fought a Lucent Nargacuga). Actually no, I still struggle with Lucent Narga lol but everything else has been more or less doable. It COULD be the case that I just have that much experience from the other games that I don't really notice lol but I will say that the implementation of the targeting system made some things easier.
@Feralxan

Yes, the targeting system helps infinitely.

Surprisingly, I had the same problems, but thanks to about 20 quests, the Lucent Nargacuga isn't a problem for me. Narga armor with poison negate, and the final form of the barioth Dual Blades. A stash of Dash juices makes for an easier fight.
@Feralxan

Yes, the targeting system helps infinitely.

Surprisingly, I had the same problems, but thanks to about 20 quests, the Lucent Nargacuga isn't a problem for me. Narga armor with poison negate, and the final form of the barioth Dual Blades. A stash of Dash juices makes for an easier fight.
@NorthernOdds
Yeah, I was sad about that, had lots of good hunting buddies on the Tri servers. ^^;

@VestaHound
I think they're quite different actually, the main difference being that Tri had like, what, 18 large monster max? MH3U has just two less than FU did, and FU had the highest number of monsters in any MH game so far. The variety in MH3U is fantastic compared to Tri, it's got all sorts of new monsters AND old ones, as well as subspecies. Definitely recommend over Tri.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize those posts were on the first page. Oops.

Anyway, out of curiosity; What's everyone's favourite monsters to fight (whether in solo or team), and why? ovo
@NorthernOdds
Yeah, I was sad about that, had lots of good hunting buddies on the Tri servers. ^^;

@VestaHound
I think they're quite different actually, the main difference being that Tri had like, what, 18 large monster max? MH3U has just two less than FU did, and FU had the highest number of monsters in any MH game so far. The variety in MH3U is fantastic compared to Tri, it's got all sorts of new monsters AND old ones, as well as subspecies. Definitely recommend over Tri.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize those posts were on the first page. Oops.

Anyway, out of curiosity; What's everyone's favourite monsters to fight (whether in solo or team), and why? ovo
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15