Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Podcast Recommendations?
1 2
I'm caught up on all my podcasts so I need a new one to listen to! I want something fictional, maybe sci-fi but no space and no pure fantasy, and very little romance. I already listen to WTNV and Dreamboy, and I'm not interested in any other Nightvale Presents podcast.

Suggestions please?
I'm caught up on all my podcasts so I need a new one to listen to! I want something fictional, maybe sci-fi but no space and no pure fantasy, and very little romance. I already listen to WTNV and Dreamboy, and I'm not interested in any other Nightvale Presents podcast.

Suggestions please?
I saw this and I was gonna suggest wtnw but then you said you steady listne to it

So be my friend please
I saw this and I was gonna suggest wtnw but then you said you steady listne to it

So be my friend please
11LDv.gifl7lvO.gifgRsRk.gifJSerD.gif
@Quillflight
WTNV is actually what got me started on podcasts! Who's your favorite character? Mine's Kevin c:
@Quillflight
WTNV is actually what got me started on podcasts! Who's your favorite character? Mine's Kevin c:
OH MY GOD SOMEKNE ELSE WHO LOVES KEVIN??????
YAY!!!!!! I thought I was alone

Sorry for the typos, I’m on my phone and sometimes autocorrect doesn’t save me
OH MY GOD SOMEKNE ELSE WHO LOVES KEVIN??????
YAY!!!!!! I thought I was alone

Sorry for the typos, I’m on my phone and sometimes autocorrect doesn’t save me
@AttackTheMap

Greater Boston is a podcast that I would probably best describe as magical realism? It's sort of got a similar mood to Night Vale, but it's different. There's a lot going on, but some of the things it's about include: a subway seceding from the city, a psychic publishing company, a grieving family, guinea pigs, a ghost's Google calendar, Atlantis, and how to pluralize the word "hippopotamus". It's amazing and I highly recommend it, I would die for a good 90% of the cast.

The Bridge is about an alternate universe where a bridge was built across the Atlantic Ocean and slowly abandoned. The main cast are the crew of Watchtower 10, keeping an eye on the Bridge even though there's no one on it and telling spooky stories. I absolutely love this one and am dying to know more about what exactly is happening.

Kalila Stormfire's Economical Magick Services is about a witch who sets up an independent business who has to deal with people trying to sabotage said business. Season two is supposed to be starting pretty soon and I'm excited to listen to it.

ars Paradoxica is absolutely amazing. It's about a physicist who accidentally invents time travel and gets stuck in the Cold War. This is probably some of the best time travel I've ever listened to and while it's serious it's also really funny. There's a lot going on, but it's so worth it.

The Magnus Archives is great as long as you're good with horror, because they absolutely will find something that will creep you out completely. It's about an organization collecting people's stories about the supernatural, paranormal, and eldritch. I personally have not gotten up the nerve to listen because I am not a horror person, but I have heard some very good things about it.

Please let me know if you want further elaboration on any of these, or if any of them catch your eye, or really if you have any podcast questions because I listen to too many. Also Steve Carlsberg is amazing, and I have a lot of emotions about Kevin.
@AttackTheMap

Greater Boston is a podcast that I would probably best describe as magical realism? It's sort of got a similar mood to Night Vale, but it's different. There's a lot going on, but some of the things it's about include: a subway seceding from the city, a psychic publishing company, a grieving family, guinea pigs, a ghost's Google calendar, Atlantis, and how to pluralize the word "hippopotamus". It's amazing and I highly recommend it, I would die for a good 90% of the cast.

The Bridge is about an alternate universe where a bridge was built across the Atlantic Ocean and slowly abandoned. The main cast are the crew of Watchtower 10, keeping an eye on the Bridge even though there's no one on it and telling spooky stories. I absolutely love this one and am dying to know more about what exactly is happening.

Kalila Stormfire's Economical Magick Services is about a witch who sets up an independent business who has to deal with people trying to sabotage said business. Season two is supposed to be starting pretty soon and I'm excited to listen to it.

ars Paradoxica is absolutely amazing. It's about a physicist who accidentally invents time travel and gets stuck in the Cold War. This is probably some of the best time travel I've ever listened to and while it's serious it's also really funny. There's a lot going on, but it's so worth it.

The Magnus Archives is great as long as you're good with horror, because they absolutely will find something that will creep you out completely. It's about an organization collecting people's stories about the supernatural, paranormal, and eldritch. I personally have not gotten up the nerve to listen because I am not a horror person, but I have heard some very good things about it.

Please let me know if you want further elaboration on any of these, or if any of them catch your eye, or really if you have any podcast questions because I listen to too many. Also Steve Carlsberg is amazing, and I have a lot of emotions about Kevin.
NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
The Adventure Zone is a D&D podcast that has a decent mix of sci-fi and fantasy :)
The Adventure Zone is a D&D podcast that has a decent mix of sci-fi and fantasy :)
@Quillflight
Yay problematic favs! *high five* I loved the first episode of Desert Bluffs with him and Lauren, and I like that their relationship has stayed the same even in later episodes. Oh, and there was one Nightvale episode that ended, had a long pause, then a voicemail from Kevin started up. "Hiii, friend!" Best surprise ever.

@browncoatparadox
Greater Boston sounds interesting! I'll also check out The Bridge and Kalila. I'm not entirely sold on the last two but I might give them a chance when I'm doing some art on my days off this week.
Man, Steve Carlsberg is such a great guy. I like that Cecil has warmed up to him too. As much as I like Kevin, he deserved to be pushed through the portal by Steve in the live show.

@akutha
I've seen people talk about that one quite a bit. I'm not really into D&D though but thanks for posting!
@Quillflight
Yay problematic favs! *high five* I loved the first episode of Desert Bluffs with him and Lauren, and I like that their relationship has stayed the same even in later episodes. Oh, and there was one Nightvale episode that ended, had a long pause, then a voicemail from Kevin started up. "Hiii, friend!" Best surprise ever.

@browncoatparadox
Greater Boston sounds interesting! I'll also check out The Bridge and Kalila. I'm not entirely sold on the last two but I might give them a chance when I'm doing some art on my days off this week.
Man, Steve Carlsberg is such a great guy. I like that Cecil has warmed up to him too. As much as I like Kevin, he deserved to be pushed through the portal by Steve in the live show.

@akutha
I've seen people talk about that one quite a bit. I'm not really into D&D though but thanks for posting!
Tides follows an biologist stranded on an alien planet that's really interesting so far, they go into how life evolves the way it does in various creatures and how the environment works. I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I think it's a solid 8.5/10
Tides follows an biologist stranded on an alien planet that's really interesting so far, they go into how life evolves the way it does in various creatures and how the environment works. I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I think it's a solid 8.5/10
@attackthemap

what episode did he say "hIIII FRIEND--" at I need to see this
@attackthemap

what episode did he say "hIIII FRIEND--" at I need to see this
TAZ is really good even if youre not super into d&d, its just a chill podcast full of good story and funny goofs

and by the same guys who made taz is MBMBAM which is like an 'advice show' (i use that term loosely) its really good to have on in the background and is really funny!
TAZ is really good even if youre not super into d&d, its just a chill podcast full of good story and funny goofs

and by the same guys who made taz is MBMBAM which is like an 'advice show' (i use that term loosely) its really good to have on in the background and is really funny!
HglzBbg.png
1 2