Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How should I hunt correctly?
I find myself often having lots of meat for my dragons but depleted food stores of the rest. I tend to sell everything I gather or hunt unless I happen to be running out of meat. This causes my vegetarian dragons to starve. Poor things.

Any tips for hunting / gathering so that the amount is more equal?
I find myself often having lots of meat for my dragons but depleted food stores of the rest. I tend to sell everything I gather or hunt unless I happen to be running out of meat. This causes my vegetarian dragons to starve. Poor things.

Any tips for hunting / gathering so that the amount is more equal?
@Boup
I feel like 50 dragons is around the point where gathering alone doesn't always cut it when it comes to feeding (someone correct me if I'm wrong though). I'd advise making use of the hibernal den to cut out some of the food costs, possibly trading some of your spare meat for plants or farming in coli on occasion so that it's easier to keep up
@Boup
I feel like 50 dragons is around the point where gathering alone doesn't always cut it when it comes to feeding (someone correct me if I'm wrong though). I'd advise making use of the hibernal den to cut out some of the food costs, possibly trading some of your spare meat for plants or farming in coli on occasion so that it's easier to keep up
unknown.png
[quote name="Mediumdee" date="2019-03-09 06:56:51" ] I'd advise making use of the hibernal den to cut out some of the food costs, possibly trading some of your spare meat for plants or farming in coli on occasion so that it's easier to keep up [/quote] Thank you! I didn't even think about coli.
Mediumdee wrote on 2019-03-09 06:56:51:
I'd advise making use of the hibernal den to cut out some of the food costs, possibly trading some of your spare meat for plants or farming in coli on occasion so that it's easier to keep up
Thank you! I didn't even think about coli.
Aside from just hunting, I would also do fishing (seafood), insect catching (insects), and foraging (plants). Those give you different food items aside from just meat.
Aside from just hunting, I would also do fishing (seafood), insect catching (insects), and foraging (plants). Those give you different food items aside from just meat.
@/Mediumdee
I didn't ping you because I'm not correcting per say, but I have a lot more dragons that fifty and only coli for food a couple times a month, but I also only ever gather for food I haven't used digging or scavenging in FOREVER.
@Boup
As said above, when I do coli for food it's like during notn when I'll grind for hours and get a couple thousand worth of food points and the rest is gathering, or buying food if I've had terrible gathering luck or feel worried (very rarely feel the need too)

My gathering turns look like this when I'm not trying to get a certain gathering item

5 meat
4 fish
3 insect
3 plant

I can't really say my food stores are even because there is over a thousand points of difference between them but once you have that much food, food stores being depleted isn't too much a worry.

I don't know if this helps or not but hopefully it gives you insight into something about keeping up with food ^^
@/Mediumdee
I didn't ping you because I'm not correcting per say, but I have a lot more dragons that fifty and only coli for food a couple times a month, but I also only ever gather for food I haven't used digging or scavenging in FOREVER.
@Boup
As said above, when I do coli for food it's like during notn when I'll grind for hours and get a couple thousand worth of food points and the rest is gathering, or buying food if I've had terrible gathering luck or feel worried (very rarely feel the need too)

My gathering turns look like this when I'm not trying to get a certain gathering item

5 meat
4 fish
3 insect
3 plant

I can't really say my food stores are even because there is over a thousand points of difference between them but once you have that much food, food stores being depleted isn't too much a worry.

I don't know if this helps or not but hopefully it gives you insight into something about keeping up with food ^^