Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1: Super School
@foxflaim Alright here's the thread! :) I'll get my character posted once I'm done with homework. Oh, and I'm also subscribed
@foxflaim Alright here's the thread! :) I'll get my character posted once I'm done with homework. Oh, and I'm also subscribed
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
I'll get my guy up.
Sorta agingn my character down a tad for the purpose of this rp, though

Name: Owen Smith
Description: Taller, long, dark brown hair and pail. Two small horns covered by his bangs. A long, fresh scar on his throat..
Powers: transformation, wall climbing and minor shadow control. Less strong the more light there is
I'll get my guy up.
Sorta agingn my character down a tad for the purpose of this rp, though

Name: Owen Smith
Description: Taller, long, dark brown hair and pail. Two small horns covered by his bangs. A long, fresh scar on his throat..
Powers: transformation, wall climbing and minor shadow control. Less strong the more light there is
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
[columns][img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/06/2c/7a/062c7ac5dfa3f2ea58edde69653c90e0.jpg[/img][nextcol] [b]Name:[/b] Kelaya Pendragon [b]Alias:[/b] Inferno [b]Age:[/b] 17 [b]Powers:[/b] Pyrokinesis (Eyes normally a crystal clear blue, look like burning embers when using power. Small uses require no concentration, bigger fires require more concentration and strength); telepathy (must be touching person to make the connection unless the let her in); minor telekinesis (object cannot be bigger than something she could lift with her hands. Once object moves out her sight she loses the control) [b]History:[/b] Her parents both have powers as well, though her mom was stronger and more skilled so she took up the mantle of a superhero. Kelaya's dad used his powers of animal telepathy in more subtle ways, becoming a vet. Her mom had the power to fly and breathe anything, so her work usually took her to the depths of the ocean or space. After a few years, she signed a contract with the government to work for them. Kelaya is an only child and hates living under the shadow of her mother and is grateful she didn't inherit any of her powers. [b]Personality:[/b] Hates attention, prefers to stick to the shadows, has few friends, focuses on course work, hates when people condescend her or underestimate her, easily angered when compared to her mom[/columns] ----- ----- [columns][b]Name:[/b] Alistair Wright [b]Alias:[/b] Sentinel [b]Age:[/b] 18 [b]Powers:[/b] Most obvious feature is his white wings (give him capability of flight); mimicry of powers (must initiate physical contact, if multiple powers, only receive one, last for up to one hour. Weaker powers last longer) [b]History:[/b] His mom isn't a superhero and raised him and his older brother by herself after their dad turned to villainy when they were kids. His powers were those of mind manipulation and morphology. He was never caught and remains at large, and he sends them birthday and Christmas presents every year. Alistair is quite popular at school since he's the school's track star and gets along well with everyone. He appears to have a lot of friends but none of them are very close. Strives to be the kind of hero his older brother is. [b]Personality:[/b] He tries not to get on anyone's bad sides so he doesn't really take any sides, likes to make and keep everyone happy, a bit of a teacher's pet, tries hard to do the right thing and distance himself from his father's actions. A bit of a nerd, loves to read and excels in all of his subjects, friendly to everyone he meets until they deserve otherwise [nextcol][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/7d33ca3e-ce21-4be3-8dbd-9deb6dac956d/d9u7imm-9a3fe296-426d-416c-9270-ea36739ff1f5.jpg[/img][/columns]
062c7ac5dfa3f2ea58edde69653c90e0.jpg Name: Kelaya Pendragon
Alias: Inferno
Powers: Pyrokinesis (Eyes normally a crystal clear blue, look like burning embers when using power. Small uses require no concentration, bigger fires require more concentration and strength); telepathy (must be touching person to make the connection unless the let her in); minor telekinesis (object cannot be bigger than something she could lift with her hands. Once object moves out her sight she loses the control)
History: Her parents both have powers as well, though her mom was stronger and more skilled so she took up the mantle of a superhero. Kelaya's dad used his powers of animal telepathy in more subtle ways, becoming a vet. Her mom had the power to fly and breathe anything, so her work usually took her to the depths of the ocean or space. After a few years, she signed a contract with the government to work for them. Kelaya is an only child and hates living under the shadow of her mother and is grateful she didn't inherit any of her powers.
Personality: Hates attention, prefers to stick to the shadows, has few friends, focuses on course work, hates when people condescend her or underestimate her, easily angered when compared to her mom

Name: Alistair Wright
Alias: Sentinel
Powers: Most obvious feature is his white wings (give him capability of flight); mimicry of powers (must initiate physical contact, if multiple powers, only receive one, last for up to one hour. Weaker powers last longer)
History: His mom isn't a superhero and raised him and his older brother by herself after their dad turned to villainy when they were kids. His powers were those of mind manipulation and morphology. He was never caught and remains at large, and he sends them birthday and Christmas presents every year. Alistair is quite popular at school since he's the school's track star and gets along well with everyone. He appears to have a lot of friends but none of them are very close. Strives to be the kind of hero his older brother is.
Personality: He tries not to get on anyone's bad sides so he doesn't really take any sides, likes to make and keep everyone happy, a bit of a teacher's pet, tries hard to do the right thing and distance himself from his father's actions. A bit of a nerd, loves to read and excels in all of his subjects, friendly to everyone he meets until they deserve otherwise
d9u7imm-9a3fe296-426d-416c-9270-ea36739ff1f5.jpg
lore_shop_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59e.pngsmol_shadow_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn6i4.pngwish_list_by_wynterfalcyn-dckn59j.png
We can start if you like. Where your you like to start at? First day?))
We can start if you like. Where your you like to start at? First day?))
((Yeah, first day sounds good. That way a suddenly new face won't raise any immediate questions Do you wanna start? Since you've got the villain and all))

Edit: I also added my second character
((Yeah, first day sounds good. That way a suddenly new face won't raise any immediate questions Do you wanna start? Since you've got the villain and all))

Edit: I also added my second character
Owen stared up at the school as he approached it. This was a stupid idea, he figured. He was taking huge risk by coming here, but then again, he didn't have anywhere else to go. He wanted revenge, but he couldn't just go all vigilante. God knows those people were as big of targets as any for hero organizations.
He sighed as he walked. The scar on his throat still throbbed a little in reminder some past event.
He looked at the sheet of paper in his hand.
Room 102b was where he'd be going first. Homeroom swell.
On the bright side, it was the first day of classes, meaning no one here would notice him.
Really, only a small handful of hero's even knew what he looked like out of costume and the chances of meeting them here were miniscule.

He was nearly in class, before he walked right into someone, just to stumble back, rubbing his head.
"Hey. Watch it!" He hissed, before stopping himself. Right. New him. No need to be agresive.
He glanced up at the person he'd plowed into.
"I mean... Ug, sorry..."

((Sorry, I generally do better starters. It's been a long week.
Owen stared up at the school as he approached it. This was a stupid idea, he figured. He was taking huge risk by coming here, but then again, he didn't have anywhere else to go. He wanted revenge, but he couldn't just go all vigilante. God knows those people were as big of targets as any for hero organizations.
He sighed as he walked. The scar on his throat still throbbed a little in reminder some past event.
He looked at the sheet of paper in his hand.
Room 102b was where he'd be going first. Homeroom swell.
On the bright side, it was the first day of classes, meaning no one here would notice him.
Really, only a small handful of hero's even knew what he looked like out of costume and the chances of meeting them here were miniscule.

He was nearly in class, before he walked right into someone, just to stumble back, rubbing his head.
"Hey. Watch it!" He hissed, before stopping himself. Right. New him. No need to be agresive.
He glanced up at the person he'd plowed into.
"I mean... Ug, sorry..."

((Sorry, I generally do better starters. It's been a long week.
((Honestly same. It was so long and so slow and I had so much stuff to get done. Less than five hours of sleep every night... woo hoo... ))

Every year... every freaking year this happened to her. Ever since her powers had surfaced and she'd been enrolled in the academy for superheroes like her, Kelaya had managed to be late on every single first day of school. Only the first. After that, she was always early. No matter how many alarms she seemed to set, no matter how much she wanted to wake up on time, she never did. If she didn't know any better, she'd say that it was another power, thought a little less super than the others. So the girl had stumbled around, still hazy from sleep, gathering her things as quickly as she could. Her dad had taken her to school since her mom was off on yet another mission.

Sprinting into the building, Kelaya was relieved to find that she wasn't the only one arriving later than was technically allowed. The teachers were always laxer on the attendance policy the first day. Some supers had to come from further away, some even from different dimensions and alternate universes. It was all very weird. The hallway was crowded and as much as she wished she could just push her way through, Kelaya knew that would only draw attention to herself. Setting her jaw, the brunette squeezed her way through the crowd, muttering apologies whenever she bumped into someone. Her telepathy always seemed to act up when she was nervous or anxious, and as a result, she would catch snippets of people's thoughts as she brushed past them, leaving her slightly confused and feeling a little turned around. She wasn't much surprised when she bumped into someone.

Well, less bumped into and more knocked head with someone. Hissing in pain, her hand flew up to her head, relieved to find that the sting was already beginning to fade. Still rubbing her forehead, she flinched as he snapped at her. "Um, sorry about that. Wasn't really looking where I was going. Sorry." Barely glancing at the other student, Kalaya rushed into the room and sat in the back corner, claiming her seat. There weren't many other students in the room yet, even though the bell had probably rung already. Too busy socializing, she guessed. Her eyes caught onto the other student she'd bumped into, watching where he saw, though quickly averting her eyes. Staring wasn't going to help her remain invisible this year. Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last Kelaya wished she could actually turn invisible. Life would be so much easier if she could do that.

Wings made everything so much easier, Alistair decided. It certainly helped him to avoid traffic and even the other students. Seeing as how there were quite a few students with the power of flight, the hallways had been built a couple feet taller than other schools might have been, allowing those students to bypass the crowds. Spotting his homeroom, the young man tucked his wings in and landed just in front of the door, glad that students had moved out of his way. He greeted many of them, striking up quick conversations that held no real meaning. The bell rang shortly after and the crowds began to disperse those around him waving as they strode away.

Not surprisingly, nearly all of the desk in the front row had been left open. Very, very few people wanted to sit front and center. The toruble makers tended to gravitate towards the back, everyone else in the middle. Trying to blend in as well as the could, hoping that whatever happened today, they wouldn't be called on. Grinning at a few friends in the class, the blond slid into the middle desk of the front row, pulling out a notebook to jot down any notes that might be necessary. Once he was ready, Alistair took a momen to look at the students behind him, wondering if there were any new faces. Seeing as how it was a new year, likely involving new transfers, he wasn't surprised to find that there were several new faces.
((Honestly same. It was so long and so slow and I had so much stuff to get done. Less than five hours of sleep every night... woo hoo... ))

Every year... every freaking year this happened to her. Ever since her powers had surfaced and she'd been enrolled in the academy for superheroes like her, Kelaya had managed to be late on every single first day of school. Only the first. After that, she was always early. No matter how many alarms she seemed to set, no matter how much she wanted to wake up on time, she never did. If she didn't know any better, she'd say that it was another power, thought a little less super than the others. So the girl had stumbled around, still hazy from sleep, gathering her things as quickly as she could. Her dad had taken her to school since her mom was off on yet another mission.

Sprinting into the building, Kelaya was relieved to find that she wasn't the only one arriving later than was technically allowed. The teachers were always laxer on the attendance policy the first day. Some supers had to come from further away, some even from different dimensions and alternate universes. It was all very weird. The hallway was crowded and as much as she wished she could just push her way through, Kelaya knew that would only draw attention to herself. Setting her jaw, the brunette squeezed her way through the crowd, muttering apologies whenever she bumped into someone. Her telepathy always seemed to act up when she was nervous or anxious, and as a result, she would catch snippets of people's thoughts as she brushed past them, leaving her slightly confused and feeling a little turned around. She wasn't much surprised when she bumped into someone.

Well, less bumped into and more knocked head with someone. Hissing in pain, her hand flew up to her head, relieved to find that the sting was already beginning to fade. Still rubbing her forehead, she flinched as he snapped at her. "Um, sorry about that. Wasn't really looking where I was going. Sorry." Barely glancing at the other student, Kalaya rushed into the room and sat in the back corner, claiming her seat. There weren't many other students in the room yet, even though the bell had probably rung already. Too busy socializing, she guessed. Her eyes caught onto the other student she'd bumped into, watching where he saw, though quickly averting her eyes. Staring wasn't going to help her remain invisible this year. Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last Kelaya wished she could actually turn invisible. Life would be so much easier if she could do that.

Wings made everything so much easier, Alistair decided. It certainly helped him to avoid traffic and even the other students. Seeing as how there were quite a few students with the power of flight, the hallways had been built a couple feet taller than other schools might have been, allowing those students to bypass the crowds. Spotting his homeroom, the young man tucked his wings in and landed just in front of the door, glad that students had moved out of his way. He greeted many of them, striking up quick conversations that held no real meaning. The bell rang shortly after and the crowds began to disperse those around him waving as they strode away.

Not surprisingly, nearly all of the desk in the front row had been left open. Very, very few people wanted to sit front and center. The toruble makers tended to gravitate towards the back, everyone else in the middle. Trying to blend in as well as the could, hoping that whatever happened today, they wouldn't be called on. Grinning at a few friends in the class, the blond slid into the middle desk of the front row, pulling out a notebook to jot down any notes that might be necessary. Once he was ready, Alistair took a momen to look at the students behind him, wondering if there were any new faces. Seeing as how it was a new year, likely involving new transfers, he wasn't surprised to find that there were several new faces.
Owen turned a little red as the chick he'd ran into seemed to just walk off without even looking at him. Rude much? He had to take a breath and head I to class.
He took one on the middle seats, dropping his bag on the growned and slumping his head into his hand. Swell, the teacher wasn't even here yet.
He took a breath. He needed to relax... Relax.... No, not going to happen. If anyone just happened to recognize him, he was dead meat.
He ran a finger over the scar along his neck. Right, he was here for a change.

Another breath, and some looser with wings had decided to take a seat next to the seat in front of him.

He stared at the wings. Part of him was tempted to reach out and touch them. He didn't, though. He wasn't that weird, yet...

Finally, the man who appeared to be there teacher came in. Well, sort of. Owen never actually saw him enter. He seemed to just appear.
And not to long after, the man took attendance and began a rundown of what there courses would be like.
Owen turned a little red as the chick he'd ran into seemed to just walk off without even looking at him. Rude much? He had to take a breath and head I to class.
He took one on the middle seats, dropping his bag on the growned and slumping his head into his hand. Swell, the teacher wasn't even here yet.
He took a breath. He needed to relax... Relax.... No, not going to happen. If anyone just happened to recognize him, he was dead meat.
He ran a finger over the scar along his neck. Right, he was here for a change.

Another breath, and some looser with wings had decided to take a seat next to the seat in front of him.

He stared at the wings. Part of him was tempted to reach out and touch them. He didn't, though. He wasn't that weird, yet...

Finally, the man who appeared to be there teacher came in. Well, sort of. Owen never actually saw him enter. He seemed to just appear.
And not to long after, the man took attendance and began a rundown of what there courses would be like.
Of course. Just her luck. The school's all-star and all-around good boy was in her homeroom. Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but most students were grouped in the same homeroom if they had several of the same classes together. Pulling the crumpled paper from her backpack, Kelaya her list of classes. Nearly all of them were honors or higher level courses and she stifled a groan. Really, it shouldn't have been surprising that he was in some of her classes. The star-student wasn't going to be in the regular classes, he'd be in the same ones with her. And since she hadn't bothered to make any friends, caring more about staying out of sight than socializing, it meant that she wouldn't have any friends in those classes either. Wonderful.

As their teacher materialized in the room, the brunette smirked. Even the teachers seemed to have a flair for the dramatic. One of her teachers last year had insisted on coming to class through her interdimensional portals and constantly pulling random books to reference from those same portals. The first few weeks had been pretty entertaining but it got a little boring after awhile. A couple of students had gotten detention because they'd started a contest of how many paper airplanes they could get into the portals before they closed. Kelaya knew without a doubt that she would have won if she'd participated. Instead, she'd focused on her studies, as usual.

All of the notes on the board taken down on her paper, Kelaya laid her pencil down and slumped in her seat. The teacher was droning on now about what the school had to offer in terms of sports and clubs and whatnot, somehow forgetting that most of the students had already been here for years. Glancing around, her gaze was drawn to the kid she'd bumped into earlier. While she hadn't gotten a good look at him, she knew that he was new. The minimal contact they'd had, had given her a sense of confusion and worry and nerves. Few returning students had that vibe about them. Along with that, the way he was looking around nervously, fidgeting and shuffling about, Kelaya was surprised someone hadn't asked him to stop. A glance at those around him told her why. They were too busy taking notes, sleeping, texting, or screwing around with their powers. Like most of the students in the school.

Yes, it was boring. Yes, it was repetitive. Yes, he would rather be anywhere else than listen to Mr. Anders drone on about the clubs and sports the school had, all tailored to students with specific, rare, or unique powers. It was the same speel that every student got in homeroom on the first day, though not usually at such great lengths. Alistair began bouncing his leg, eager for the bell to ring and head to his next class. The only unfortunate thing about sitting in the front was that if he started to do something else, like texting his friends, he would be seen immediately. His powers weren't subtle enough to do anything with those either. And so the boy sighed and slouched in his chair, wings tucked close to his back to ensure they wouldn't block anyone's view behind him and proceeded to doodle in his notebook.
Of course. Just her luck. The school's all-star and all-around good boy was in her homeroom. Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but most students were grouped in the same homeroom if they had several of the same classes together. Pulling the crumpled paper from her backpack, Kelaya her list of classes. Nearly all of them were honors or higher level courses and she stifled a groan. Really, it shouldn't have been surprising that he was in some of her classes. The star-student wasn't going to be in the regular classes, he'd be in the same ones with her. And since she hadn't bothered to make any friends, caring more about staying out of sight than socializing, it meant that she wouldn't have any friends in those classes either. Wonderful.

As their teacher materialized in the room, the brunette smirked. Even the teachers seemed to have a flair for the dramatic. One of her teachers last year had insisted on coming to class through her interdimensional portals and constantly pulling random books to reference from those same portals. The first few weeks had been pretty entertaining but it got a little boring after awhile. A couple of students had gotten detention because they'd started a contest of how many paper airplanes they could get into the portals before they closed. Kelaya knew without a doubt that she would have won if she'd participated. Instead, she'd focused on her studies, as usual.

All of the notes on the board taken down on her paper, Kelaya laid her pencil down and slumped in her seat. The teacher was droning on now about what the school had to offer in terms of sports and clubs and whatnot, somehow forgetting that most of the students had already been here for years. Glancing around, her gaze was drawn to the kid she'd bumped into earlier. While she hadn't gotten a good look at him, she knew that he was new. The minimal contact they'd had, had given her a sense of confusion and worry and nerves. Few returning students had that vibe about them. Along with that, the way he was looking around nervously, fidgeting and shuffling about, Kelaya was surprised someone hadn't asked him to stop. A glance at those around him told her why. They were too busy taking notes, sleeping, texting, or screwing around with their powers. Like most of the students in the school.

Yes, it was boring. Yes, it was repetitive. Yes, he would rather be anywhere else than listen to Mr. Anders drone on about the clubs and sports the school had, all tailored to students with specific, rare, or unique powers. It was the same speel that every student got in homeroom on the first day, though not usually at such great lengths. Alistair began bouncing his leg, eager for the bell to ring and head to his next class. The only unfortunate thing about sitting in the front was that if he started to do something else, like texting his friends, he would be seen immediately. His powers weren't subtle enough to do anything with those either. And so the boy sighed and slouched in his chair, wings tucked close to his back to ensure they wouldn't block anyone's view behind him and proceeded to doodle in his notebook.
Owen wrote as quickly as he could of what ever he deemed important and what ever was written on the board. He very quickly came to the conclusion that, maybe, perhaps he was in the wrong class? This seemed to be a class meant for older year students. And... Well as far as he could tell, he wasn't one of them.

Later on, he would ask the person in charge of that sort of thing, and would only get a half motivated answer that he was listed as a transfer. Owen relieved the vibe that maybe this secretary hated there job, or was maybe half awake, but he didn't push the subject.

For now, however, he was occupied with glancing around d the room. The boy with feathers seemed to be the popular one, going on how much people pegged for his attention. A quick, curious glance behind him showed a few, equally underwelming. After all, when you've fought major hero's before, then a couple of kids playing around look like nothing.
He caught sight of that girl he'd run into before, and for a moment, he just stared at her, before turning around.

He sighed and stared at the clock. The time was just inching by, it seemed like. Boring. Was this how most of the classes would be?

Owen closed his eyes for a moment and thought. He was committed now. Going back to villainy would be a final option. The end game plan. He had to change get now. He wanted to.
Owen wrote as quickly as he could of what ever he deemed important and what ever was written on the board. He very quickly came to the conclusion that, maybe, perhaps he was in the wrong class? This seemed to be a class meant for older year students. And... Well as far as he could tell, he wasn't one of them.

Later on, he would ask the person in charge of that sort of thing, and would only get a half motivated answer that he was listed as a transfer. Owen relieved the vibe that maybe this secretary hated there job, or was maybe half awake, but he didn't push the subject.

For now, however, he was occupied with glancing around d the room. The boy with feathers seemed to be the popular one, going on how much people pegged for his attention. A quick, curious glance behind him showed a few, equally underwelming. After all, when you've fought major hero's before, then a couple of kids playing around look like nothing.
He caught sight of that girl he'd run into before, and for a moment, he just stared at her, before turning around.

He sighed and stared at the clock. The time was just inching by, it seemed like. Boring. Was this how most of the classes would be?

Owen closed his eyes for a moment and thought. He was committed now. Going back to villainy would be a final option. The end game plan. He had to change get now. He wanted to.