Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So...Black Desert Online
Since it's coming to xbox and a bunch of my buddies are talking about it, is it really worth getting? I know there were open betas but I really want to make sure I like the game before buying.

How is the dungeon system and overall PvE?

How is the PvP? I'm reeeaaally into PvP in mmos so it matters a lot to me.

Anything would help. :)
Since it's coming to xbox and a bunch of my buddies are talking about it, is it really worth getting? I know there were open betas but I really want to make sure I like the game before buying.

How is the dungeon system and overall PvE?

How is the PvP? I'm reeeaaally into PvP in mmos so it matters a lot to me.

Anything would help. :)
tumblr_oidh0m676N1tv56zio10_250.png
ReignsWrath
She/Her
HS Student
Meme Dealer
In Eternal Fanderg Hell
Wishlist | Free Cauldron | For Sale(G1s and more!)
yx6on7Q.gif
^
^
ReignsWrath
She/Her
HS Student
Meme Dealer
In Eternal Fanderg Hell
yx6on7Q.gif
Hihi,

I can't really comment on the xbox and what that'll be like, but I've played the pc version for two years, so I'll just go from that - I don't even know if the same publisher is doing the xbox version, to be honest!

PvE: grindy - like your hand will fall off grindy. XP gain gets really slow once you hit 56. I've got a 59 sorc who's been grinding with full xp buffs and she got less than 3% in an hour. xD It is PAIN.

Dungeons... erm, well, I'm not nearly geared enough, but I think the only two dungeons in the game are Aakman and Hystria. Both are considered end-game I think, and are super contested. You will get flagged on if you go there.

PvP: is everywhere on the pc version. Once you hit level 50, you're open to it whether you want to PvP or not. People can flag on you and attack for no reason at all other than "because" so there's that (but there is a karma system, and negative karma players get attacked in safe zones by NPC guards). There are arenas you can fight in for PvP, also Red Battlefield, node/conquest/guild wars, a dedicated free-for-all PvP channel if that's your kind of thing (with no penalties) and the new battle royale thing, Shadow Arena.

It's a gorgeous game to play and I love the range of classes (super biased to sorceress and ranger myself, but fair warning, the classes on BDO are nothing like the ones you'd expect in traditional MMOs - ranger is not a stealthy DPS class, for example, and there are no clerics/dedicated healers). If you like a bit of lifeskilling on the side, it's awesome for that too. I love horse taming and breeding!

Downside is (at least on the pc version) that you're severely disadvantaged if you don't spend real money on the cash shop. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, but it got a little pay to win in the past six months... hence why I still don't have anywhere near softcap gear. xD Also the enhancement system is death. You will spend a lot of time crying when you try to enhance your boss gear. Especially past DUO. T_T

Perhaps you could try out the pc version if you have a system capable, to see if you like it? You get seven days for free, I think. :)

Edit: oops forgot to tag you in case you aren't subbed. @ReignsWrath
Hihi,

I can't really comment on the xbox and what that'll be like, but I've played the pc version for two years, so I'll just go from that - I don't even know if the same publisher is doing the xbox version, to be honest!

PvE: grindy - like your hand will fall off grindy. XP gain gets really slow once you hit 56. I've got a 59 sorc who's been grinding with full xp buffs and she got less than 3% in an hour. xD It is PAIN.

Dungeons... erm, well, I'm not nearly geared enough, but I think the only two dungeons in the game are Aakman and Hystria. Both are considered end-game I think, and are super contested. You will get flagged on if you go there.

PvP: is everywhere on the pc version. Once you hit level 50, you're open to it whether you want to PvP or not. People can flag on you and attack for no reason at all other than "because" so there's that (but there is a karma system, and negative karma players get attacked in safe zones by NPC guards). There are arenas you can fight in for PvP, also Red Battlefield, node/conquest/guild wars, a dedicated free-for-all PvP channel if that's your kind of thing (with no penalties) and the new battle royale thing, Shadow Arena.

It's a gorgeous game to play and I love the range of classes (super biased to sorceress and ranger myself, but fair warning, the classes on BDO are nothing like the ones you'd expect in traditional MMOs - ranger is not a stealthy DPS class, for example, and there are no clerics/dedicated healers). If you like a bit of lifeskilling on the side, it's awesome for that too. I love horse taming and breeding!

Downside is (at least on the pc version) that you're severely disadvantaged if you don't spend real money on the cash shop. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, but it got a little pay to win in the past six months... hence why I still don't have anywhere near softcap gear. xD Also the enhancement system is death. You will spend a lot of time crying when you try to enhance your boss gear. Especially past DUO. T_T

Perhaps you could try out the pc version if you have a system capable, to see if you like it? You get seven days for free, I think. :)

Edit: oops forgot to tag you in case you aren't subbed. @ReignsWrath
dxGFMNt.png
@Razii

Oof okay it seems I really need to do my homework on it lol. The only other mmo I’ve played is Elder Scrolls Online, bdo sounds ridiculously different. I’m used to grinding like hell though haha. The arena pvp sounds super fun though. Thanks for your reply!
@Razii

Oof okay it seems I really need to do my homework on it lol. The only other mmo I’ve played is Elder Scrolls Online, bdo sounds ridiculously different. I’m used to grinding like hell though haha. The arena pvp sounds super fun though. Thanks for your reply!
ReignsWrath
She/Her
HS Student
Meme Dealer
In Eternal Fanderg Hell
yx6on7Q.gif