Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recent anime series
The past seasons for anime have been pretty great, especially Fall of 2018. During the fall I think i watched a total of 7 or 8 series, since so many good series aired. The shows that I watched were:

- Bunnygirl Senpai
- Bloom Into You
- Run Like the Wind
- Zombieland Saga
- Tsurune
- SSSS.Gridman
- Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san

It was honestly such a good season. We had amazing mecha-series, an actually well written girls love-series and two amazing comedy series. Also two amazing sports series as well!

This season I'm currently watching Mob Psycho 100 II, Dororo and Promised Neverland. I couldn't honestly be hyped enough for all of these, especially the second season MP100 which I had been waiting ever since the first season ended.

What about you? Are you watching any anime this season? What are the most recent anime series that you have watched?
The past seasons for anime have been pretty great, especially Fall of 2018. During the fall I think i watched a total of 7 or 8 series, since so many good series aired. The shows that I watched were:

- Bunnygirl Senpai
- Bloom Into You
- Run Like the Wind
- Zombieland Saga
- Tsurune
- SSSS.Gridman
- Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san

It was honestly such a good season. We had amazing mecha-series, an actually well written girls love-series and two amazing comedy series. Also two amazing sports series as well!

This season I'm currently watching Mob Psycho 100 II, Dororo and Promised Neverland. I couldn't honestly be hyped enough for all of these, especially the second season MP100 which I had been waiting ever since the first season ended.

What about you? Are you watching any anime this season? What are the most recent anime series that you have watched?
xxx 4ZbF3WE.png xxx
> she/her | Finland
> Art shop
> Finn Rising - Finnish FR Discord server
honestly, i'm more of a manga fan but god, the anime of these 2 seasons have been surprisingly great!

i watched bunny girl senpai because i heard good things about it. i decided, heck let's give it a shot. and holy crap, i didn't expect to get such a monogatari vibe from it. it's perspective of teenage adolescence was honestly wonderful and i loved every bit of it.

i read the bloom into you manga, i loved it, but was too lazy to watch the anime haha. another one i watched last season was banana fish. goshhh i loved that one, although i haven't finished it yet because i haven't prepared myself for the ending.

this season, im watching mp100 and dororo! HECK i love them both so much?? mob and hyakkimaru are both such pure cinnamon rolls... also i've read the manga of promised neverland, but i haven't had time to watch the anime. but lemme say, you're in for a RIDE.
honestly, i'm more of a manga fan but god, the anime of these 2 seasons have been surprisingly great!

i watched bunny girl senpai because i heard good things about it. i decided, heck let's give it a shot. and holy crap, i didn't expect to get such a monogatari vibe from it. it's perspective of teenage adolescence was honestly wonderful and i loved every bit of it.

i read the bloom into you manga, i loved it, but was too lazy to watch the anime haha. another one i watched last season was banana fish. goshhh i loved that one, although i haven't finished it yet because i haven't prepared myself for the ending.

this season, im watching mp100 and dororo! HECK i love them both so much?? mob and hyakkimaru are both such pure cinnamon rolls... also i've read the manga of promised neverland, but i haven't had time to watch the anime. but lemme say, you're in for a RIDE.
@raeficul

I can highly recommend the anime version of Bloom Into You, if you haven't watched it yet. It's breathtakingly beautiful!

The latest episode (5) of Mob Psycho 100 honestly left me on the floor. The series has always had amazing animation but they really outdid themselves with the last episode!

I also just Bananafish and yeah, that ending was heartwrenching. ;o;

And so I've heard of Promised Neverland! I didn't hear of it before the anime aired, and I'm enjoying it very much. It manages to create suspense better than most horror series. I was debating on should I read the manga, but I kinda want to keep myself in the dark now, you know? And be really surprised whenever something happens in the show.
@raeficul

I can highly recommend the anime version of Bloom Into You, if you haven't watched it yet. It's breathtakingly beautiful!

The latest episode (5) of Mob Psycho 100 honestly left me on the floor. The series has always had amazing animation but they really outdid themselves with the last episode!

I also just Bananafish and yeah, that ending was heartwrenching. ;o;

And so I've heard of Promised Neverland! I didn't hear of it before the anime aired, and I'm enjoying it very much. It manages to create suspense better than most horror series. I was debating on should I read the manga, but I kinda want to keep myself in the dark now, you know? And be really surprised whenever something happens in the show.
xxx 4ZbF3WE.png xxx
> she/her | Finland
> Art shop
I've been meaning to watch Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
I've been meaning to watch Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
@Homuncullus

Honda-san has a lot of good jokes, especially if you're familiar with anime/otaku culture. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out!
@Homuncullus

Honda-san has a lot of good jokes, especially if you're familiar with anime/otaku culture. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out!
xxx 4ZbF3WE.png xxx
> she/her | Finland
> Art shop
@usualuniqueness

if i have time, i'll definitely watch the bloom into you anime! i absolutely adore those two girls.

oh god mp100 is terrific. i love the animation, it manages it retain ONE's unique artstyle and make it into something so fluid and breathtakingly beautiful. and i love how real it is storywise!! i feel like a lot of people felt encouraged by the intended message of the previous episode.

i think it's perfectly fine to be an anime-only watcher for the promised neverland. i personally prefer the manga because it's faster to read HAHA

btw do you take manga recs? also it'd be nice if we could chat about anime sometimes!
@usualuniqueness

if i have time, i'll definitely watch the bloom into you anime! i absolutely adore those two girls.

oh god mp100 is terrific. i love the animation, it manages it retain ONE's unique artstyle and make it into something so fluid and breathtakingly beautiful. and i love how real it is storywise!! i feel like a lot of people felt encouraged by the intended message of the previous episode.

i think it's perfectly fine to be an anime-only watcher for the promised neverland. i personally prefer the manga because it's faster to read HAHA

btw do you take manga recs? also it'd be nice if we could chat about anime sometimes!
@raeficul

I'm always open for manga recs as well, even though I'm very bad at actually reading anything.

And of course, I'd love to chat about anime! Feel free to message me on FR, or in Tumblr/Twitter!
@raeficul

I'm always open for manga recs as well, even though I'm very bad at actually reading anything.

And of course, I'd love to chat about anime! Feel free to message me on FR, or in Tumblr/Twitter!
xxx 4ZbF3WE.png xxx
> she/her | Finland
> Art shop
@usualuniqueness

ok nice! i'll dm you some recs :)
@usualuniqueness

ok nice! i'll dm you some recs :)
New anime:
Tsurune-Finished/A+
Run with the Wind-Watching/ A++
Fukigen Monokean Tsuzuki- watching/ B+
B Project-its an ok story mostly watching it for Goshi and to pass the time

Old anime:
Your Name -Why did it take me so long idk....but its totally satisfying. I could watch it again
Wolf Children- this was a beautiful/ unsatisfying story yet totally worth watching

Considering watching The Promised Neverland but idk; i looks like an emotional roller coaster I aint ready to ride
New anime:
Tsurune-Finished/A+
Run with the Wind-Watching/ A++
Fukigen Monokean Tsuzuki- watching/ B+
B Project-its an ok story mostly watching it for Goshi and to pass the time

Old anime:
Your Name -Why did it take me so long idk....but its totally satisfying. I could watch it again
Wolf Children- this was a beautiful/ unsatisfying story yet totally worth watching

Considering watching The Promised Neverland but idk; i looks like an emotional roller coaster I aint ready to ride
vv6mCnH.png [Miir /+1 FR time / joined:7/21/15]
Shield hero, that time I got reincarnated as a slime, and the new sao season I'm really loving them all so far [emoji=new friend]
Shield hero, that time I got reincarnated as a slime, and the new sao season
I'm really loving them all so far