Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skyfall RP Thread (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mosaic opened her eyes, her oxygen spent. She felt the presence of a dragon above her, looming over her. Mosaic had no choice - whatever happened, happened. She burst out of the pool in a flurry of wings and water, holding her pearl close to her chest and stumbling back onto the sand, standing on her back legs, her wings outstretched. Her eyes were wide with fear. "S-Stay back! I'm not part of the war, I promise!" She said desperately, falling back onto all fours, her wings wrapped around her defensively.
Mosaic opened her eyes, her oxygen spent. She felt the presence of a dragon above her, looming over her. Mosaic had no choice - whatever happened, happened. She burst out of the pool in a flurry of wings and water, holding her pearl close to her chest and stumbling back onto the sand, standing on her back legs, her wings outstretched. Her eyes were wide with fear. "S-Stay back! I'm not part of the war, I promise!" She said desperately, falling back onto all fours, her wings wrapped around her defensively.
Essence heard water splashing below her. She leaned over the edge of the ledge and saw a green Pearlcatcher stumble back onto the sand, their wings protectively shielding their precious pearl. Spreading her own wings, Essence launched herself off the ledge and flew until she hovered near the stranger. "We're not here to hurt you," she said soothingly.
Essence heard water splashing below her. She leaned over the edge of the ledge and saw a green Pearlcatcher stumble back onto the sand, their wings protectively shielding their precious pearl. Spreading her own wings, Essence launched herself off the ledge and flew until she hovered near the stranger. "We're not here to hurt you," she said soothingly.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
What happened next she did not by any means expect. One moment she was squinting her eyes at the seaweed, ready to jump in to get them, and the other she was stumbling back, her limbs failing to cooperate with the rest of her body as she fell into the pool behind her.

She screeched at the coldness of it, bringing her arms closer to her body. At times like these, she cursed herself for having fur and feathers instead of scales. She was absolutely soaked when she came out of the water, long and black mane in her eyes. She looked at the new dragon with wide eyes - not that she was able to see her with so much hair on her face - frozen in place.
What happened next she did not by any means expect. One moment she was squinting her eyes at the seaweed, ready to jump in to get them, and the other she was stumbling back, her limbs failing to cooperate with the rest of her body as she fell into the pool behind her.

She screeched at the coldness of it, bringing her arms closer to her body. At times like these, she cursed herself for having fur and feathers instead of scales. She was absolutely soaked when she came out of the water, long and black mane in her eyes. She looked at the new dragon with wide eyes - not that she was able to see her with so much hair on her face - frozen in place.
Art Shop
Africa's Brewing Service!
Perma Challenge
Hello there, fellow rain enthusiasts. I bless rains, for free! That's quite a deal, if you ask me- I can fill up your local water reserve and sprinkle your garden, all at the same time!
Mosiac's gaze flashed between another Pearlcatcher that had flown down and the Skydancer she had just splashed with water. Her brow knit as she heard the words of the other Pearlcatcher. She looked between them, at their eyes specifically, and looked shaken. "Then, you mean... But you two are of the Ice Flight, aren't you?" she said, confused. "You don't wish to fight me? Or, take me hostage? Something of that sort?" she glanced at the Skydancer, feeling sorry for splashing her so violently, even if it was only in self-defense.
Mosiac's gaze flashed between another Pearlcatcher that had flown down and the Skydancer she had just splashed with water. Her brow knit as she heard the words of the other Pearlcatcher. She looked between them, at their eyes specifically, and looked shaken. "Then, you mean... But you two are of the Ice Flight, aren't you?" she said, confused. "You don't wish to fight me? Or, take me hostage? Something of that sort?" she glanced at the Skydancer, feeling sorry for splashing her so violently, even if it was only in self-defense.
"O-of course not!" Essence exclaimed. "Why would we?" Turning her head towards Alaska, she gasped. "Are you alright?" the Pearlcatcher asked her friend, a concerned look on her face.
"O-of course not!" Essence exclaimed. "Why would we?" Turning her head towards Alaska, she gasped. "Are you alright?" the Pearlcatcher asked her friend, a concerned look on her face.
he/theyautistic

"Well, there is a sort of war going on at the moment." said Mosaic curiously. "I just expected you'd be like most dragons - intent on ripping any other flights' dragons apart for the sky shards." She sighed. "Hard to believe something so divine caused a war so bloody. If you're not part of the battles, then who do you serve?" She looked at the Skydancer and dipped her head. "So sorry for splashing you, I didn't know you weren't going to try and rip my head off. I'm glad, though, that's not your intent."
"Well, there is a sort of war going on at the moment." said Mosaic curiously. "I just expected you'd be like most dragons - intent on ripping any other flights' dragons apart for the sky shards." She sighed. "Hard to believe something so divine caused a war so bloody. If you're not part of the battles, then who do you serve?" She looked at the Skydancer and dipped her head. "So sorry for splashing you, I didn't know you weren't going to try and rip my head off. I'm glad, though, that's not your intent."
As the other Pearlcatcher mentioned the war, Essence froze. The war brewing in her clan over a few silly fragments from the sky... dragons returning with injuries inflicted by the other clans... her clan preparing to declare war... She let out a quiet whimper and clutched her pearl tightly.
As the other Pearlcatcher mentioned the war, Essence froze. The war brewing in her clan over a few silly fragments from the sky... dragons returning with injuries inflicted by the other clans... her clan preparing to declare war... She let out a quiet whimper and clutched her pearl tightly.
he/theyautistic

Alaska stood frozen in place for a little while longer as water dripped from her fur and feathers. Once she heard Essence's question of concern, she looked up at her and smiled, shaking her whole body violently from side to side to get rid of the large amount of water still on her.

"I am fine yeah- although I won't be able to fly until my feathers are dry again." she said, chuckling.

She then looked at the other Pearlcatcher; no wonder she had mistaken her for seaweed. In her book, she had great camouflage in the water. She bowed her head as well, and smiled warmly back at her.

"No worries, it's partly my fault." she said tilting her head to the side, her mane sticking out everywhere, "-according to everyone I've ever met, I am terrifying when approaching others."
Alaska stood frozen in place for a little while longer as water dripped from her fur and feathers. Once she heard Essence's question of concern, she looked up at her and smiled, shaking her whole body violently from side to side to get rid of the large amount of water still on her.

"I am fine yeah- although I won't be able to fly until my feathers are dry again." she said, chuckling.

She then looked at the other Pearlcatcher; no wonder she had mistaken her for seaweed. In her book, she had great camouflage in the water. She bowed her head as well, and smiled warmly back at her.

"No worries, it's partly my fault." she said tilting her head to the side, her mane sticking out everywhere, "-according to everyone I've ever met, I am terrifying when approaching others."
Art Shop
Perma Challenge
Hello there, fellow rain enthusiasts. I bless rains, for free! That's quite a deal, if you ask me- I can fill up your local water reserve and sprinkle your garden, all at the same time!
She smiled at the Skydancer's humor. "I'm glad there's no permanent harm done. Oh, I haven't even told you my name - I'm Mosaic, it's a pleasure to meet you." She dipped her head once more, glancing between the two dragons. If these dragons got along with her, maybe there were others that might as well? "Do you guys live here?" she glanced down at the tide pool with a hint of disdain. "A bit wet for my tastes."
She smiled at the Skydancer's humor. "I'm glad there's no permanent harm done. Oh, I haven't even told you my name - I'm Mosaic, it's a pleasure to meet you." She dipped her head once more, glancing between the two dragons. If these dragons got along with her, maybe there were others that might as well? "Do you guys live here?" she glanced down at the tide pool with a hint of disdain. "A bit wet for my tastes."
She chuckled a bit more at Mosaic's remark.

"Yeah, a bit too wet for me as well- I'm Alaska, it's nice to meet you, Mosaic, a great name might I add." She complimented, bowing once more. She opened her wings a bit so they would dry faster.

"I was born in Ice territory, lost and found by a Wind clan on their journey. They are my family now." she said and smiled, all the memories resurfacing.
She chuckled a bit more at Mosaic's remark.

"Yeah, a bit too wet for me as well- I'm Alaska, it's nice to meet you, Mosaic, a great name might I add." She complimented, bowing once more. She opened her wings a bit so they would dry faster.

"I was born in Ice territory, lost and found by a Wind clan on their journey. They are my family now." she said and smiled, all the memories resurfacing.
Art Shop
Perma Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7