Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Day After Christmas Mafia [N4]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46
Also, is there a separate lynch thread or do we do it in this one?
[quote name="@Oralee" date="2018-12-26 20:14:58" ] @/havarti2 In normal mafia, I agree. In this game, where we're unsure of distribution of roles...probably. A normal ratio is about four town per mafia. In a game where you have the typical 21 players and five mafia...random lynching first day I think is a good idea unless you have a police-like role (investigate and kill/jail if you find a mafia member) in the game. So...I'm a bit more on the fence this game because I have no clue what the roles do and which ones are town, or if Magykal stuck to the typical ratio. From what I've gathered...Edgar the elf is probably town, a spy specifically. Other than that, it's unclear. Sage the elf could be mafia, but Magykal is also the type to toss in the word "murderously" just to throw people off. [/quote] Remember not to edit posts. :)
@Oralee wrote on 2018-12-26 20:14:58:
@/havarti2 In normal mafia, I agree. In this game, where we're unsure of distribution of roles...probably. A normal ratio is about four town per mafia. In a game where you have the typical 21 players and five mafia...random lynching first day I think is a good idea unless you have a police-like role (investigate and kill/jail if you find a mafia member) in the game. So...I'm a bit more on the fence this game because I have no clue what the roles do and which ones are town, or if Magykal stuck to the typical ratio. From what I've gathered...Edgar the elf is probably town, a spy specifically. Other than that, it's unclear. Sage the elf could be mafia, but Magykal is also the type to toss in the word "murderously" just to throw people off.

Remember not to edit posts. :)
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="@NotarySojac" date="2018-12-26 23:47:20" ] Also, is there a separate lynch thread or do we do it in this one? [/quote] Oof. Completely forgot about that... xD I'll go make one and post the link on the first page. Also, Night 1 starts when I get back from swim team, which should be around eleven or so EST. :)
@NotarySojac wrote on 2018-12-26 23:47:20:

Oof. Completely forgot about that... xD I'll go make one and post the link on the first page.

Also, Night 1 starts when I get back from swim team, which should be around eleven or so EST. :)
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="MagykalWagykal" date="2018-12-27 04:50:57" ] [quote name="@Oralee" date="2018-12-26 20:14:58" ] @/havarti2 In normal mafia, I agree. In this game, where we're unsure of distribution of roles...probably. A normal ratio is about four town per mafia. In a game where you have the typical 21 players and five mafia...random lynching first day I think is a good idea unless you have a police-like role (investigate and kill/jail if you find a mafia member) in the game. So...I'm a bit more on the fence this game because I have no clue what the roles do and which ones are town, or if Magykal stuck to the typical ratio. From what I've gathered...Edgar the elf is probably town, a spy specifically. Other than that, it's unclear. Sage the elf could be mafia, but Magykal is also the type to toss in the word "murderously" just to throw people off. [/quote] Remember not to edit posts. :) [/quote] Whoopsy. I'd forgotten to ping. Won't do it again.
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2018-12-27 04:50:57:
@Oralee wrote on 2018-12-26 20:14:58:
@/havarti2 In normal mafia, I agree. In this game, where we're unsure of distribution of roles...probably. A normal ratio is about four town per mafia. In a game where you have the typical 21 players and five mafia...random lynching first day I think is a good idea unless you have a police-like role (investigate and kill/jail if you find a mafia member) in the game. So...I'm a bit more on the fence this game because I have no clue what the roles do and which ones are town, or if Magykal stuck to the typical ratio. From what I've gathered...Edgar the elf is probably town, a spy specifically. Other than that, it's unclear. Sage the elf could be mafia, but Magykal is also the type to toss in the word "murderously" just to throw people off.

Remember not to edit posts. :)
Whoopsy. I'd forgotten to ping. Won't do it again.
FRT +3 | She/her/hers | ISTP
Hm...OK, here goes nothing. I'm getting odd vibes from @sunethesona, for reasons I can't totally explain. In order, here's the list of logical reasons why.
1) Sounds like Sune has played a decent amount, but objects to D1 lynching in small groups. Yes, you only have a 25% chance of hitting mafia, which can set off the risk-averse people. And in this game, you're bound to hit someone with a role. However. If Magykal decided to make it interesting, as I think she's wont to do, she probably threw in a slightly higher than normal mafia ratio, so I'm guessing we have four mafia per our fifteen players.

2) The comments on sheeping/lurking concerned me. I'm not familiar with the jester role in ToS, but as a general rule staying quiet concerns me, as it can be a way for Mafia to fly under the radar, while there are no benefits for town.

3) "It's too risky" (to random lynch). Well, there's a 75% chance (probably a bit lower if I'm right, about 67% if the high end of @clw23's guess is right) we'll hit town. However, it tells us if we hit Mafia or not, and for me that can be useful in view of seeing how people played as innocent vs not.
Hm...OK, here goes nothing. I'm getting odd vibes from @sunethesona, for reasons I can't totally explain. In order, here's the list of logical reasons why.
1) Sounds like Sune has played a decent amount, but objects to D1 lynching in small groups. Yes, you only have a 25% chance of hitting mafia, which can set off the risk-averse people. And in this game, you're bound to hit someone with a role. However. If Magykal decided to make it interesting, as I think she's wont to do, she probably threw in a slightly higher than normal mafia ratio, so I'm guessing we have four mafia per our fifteen players.

2) The comments on sheeping/lurking concerned me. I'm not familiar with the jester role in ToS, but as a general rule staying quiet concerns me, as it can be a way for Mafia to fly under the radar, while there are no benefits for town.

3) "It's too risky" (to random lynch). Well, there's a 75% chance (probably a bit lower if I'm right, about 67% if the high end of @clw23's guess is right) we'll hit town. However, it tells us if we hit Mafia or not, and for me that can be useful in view of seeing how people played as innocent vs not.
Wouldnt be the first time someones gotten odd vibes rom me. i have a very specific playstyle which will either completly screw me over or give me the win no matter what team im on

:P

i know how to pull my weight around and i will either lead you to victory or drag you down into the mud.

anywayyyy

its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now
Wouldnt be the first time someones gotten odd vibes rom me. i have a very specific playstyle which will either completly screw me over or give me the win no matter what team im on

i know how to pull my weight around and i will either lead you to victory or drag you down into the mud.

anywayyyy

its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
[quote name="sunethesona" date="2018-12-27 07:29:43" ] Wouldnt be the first time someones gotten odd vibes rom me. i have a very specific playstyle which will either completly screw me over or give me the win no matter what team im on :P i know how to pull my weight around and i will either lead you to victory or drag you down into the mud. anywayyyy its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now [/quote] I think the question is whether you'd be dragging my team to victory. ;P
sunethesona wrote on 2018-12-27 07:29:43:

anywayyyy

I think the question is whether you'd be dragging my team to victory. ;P
@sunethesona

"its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now"
*coughs* This sounds like a weak argument... Also, just blindly trusting someone almost never works out.
You're it.
@sunethesona

"its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now"
*coughs* This sounds like a weak argument... Also, just blindly trusting someone almost never works out.
You're it.
[quote name="Oralee" date="2018-12-27 07:34:40" ] [quote name="sunethesona" date="2018-12-27 07:29:43" ] Wouldnt be the first time someones gotten odd vibes rom me. i have a very specific playstyle which will either completly screw me over or give me the win no matter what team im on :P i know how to pull my weight around and i will either lead you to victory or drag you down into the mud. anywayyyy its fine for now im only giving my advice your just gonna have to trust me for now [/quote] I think the question is whether you'd be dragging my team to victory. ;P [/quote] Leading to victory...oops, got my words mixed up. XD
Oralee wrote on 2018-12-27 07:34:40:
sunethesona wrote on 2018-12-27 07:29:43:

anywayyyy

I think the question is whether you'd be dragging my team to victory. ;P
Leading to victory...oops, got my words mixed up. XD
you guys have no evidence against anyone so throwing your suspisions on me is a bad idea in general. and something your going to regret later

but eh whatever things will become more clear once we hit day two
you guys have no evidence against anyone so throwing your suspisions on me is a bad idea in general. and something your going to regret later

but eh whatever things will become more clear once we hit day two
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46