Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Monster Hunters here?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I really need to get hold of at least one version of the latest Monster Hunter game, and I have Monster Hunter Tri...although the Gobul has me stuck on it because I'm terrible at underwater combat....
I really need to get hold of at least one version of the latest Monster Hunter game, and I have Monster Hunter Tri...although the Gobul has me stuck on it because I'm terrible at underwater combat....
tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png
FR/Art Tumblrtumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6l2uvrw1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png • Rook • He/They • FR+8
@FallenFromChaos Underwater combat is the bane of my existence. I'm happy they removed it from MH4
@FallenFromChaos Underwater combat is the bane of my existence. I'm happy they removed it from MH4
Been a fan for years, but I've been behind since I don't have a Wii U, and the MH games servers on the Wii have been shut down. I've played Unite, but I recently lost interest with playing on an actual copy and have been playing it with some of my online friends through a PSP emulator since it's more convenient for us.

I first played MH when I saw it on a shelf when I was about 14, It seemed really cool and the concept interested me to no End. It was Simply "Monster Hunter" on the Ps2 and my lord, it's still my favourite one since it's difficulty curve is impressive, since Armour pieces only gave at Offline, Rank 5 A MEASLY 8 DEFENSE EACH.

It took me almost an entire missions length to kill the Rathlos, which was the monster you needed to kill to get to rank 5. I remember it being super tense as it popped down with "60 seconds left..." as I managed to catch it just going to sleep in it's nest in the Hills after I got it limping. Boy, haha I should whip that out again.
Been a fan for years, but I've been behind since I don't have a Wii U, and the MH games servers on the Wii have been shut down. I've played Unite, but I recently lost interest with playing on an actual copy and have been playing it with some of my online friends through a PSP emulator since it's more convenient for us.

I first played MH when I saw it on a shelf when I was about 14, It seemed really cool and the concept interested me to no End. It was Simply "Monster Hunter" on the Ps2 and my lord, it's still my favourite one since it's difficulty curve is impressive, since Armour pieces only gave at Offline, Rank 5 A MEASLY 8 DEFENSE EACH.

It took me almost an entire missions length to kill the Rathlos, which was the monster you needed to kill to get to rank 5. I remember it being super tense as it popped down with "60 seconds left..." as I managed to catch it just going to sleep in it's nest in the Hills after I got it limping. Boy, haha I should whip that out again.
Also I played Monster Hunter Frontier until they released Frontier 2, and I haven't gotten through the effort to get back into the Japanese servers since it's a whole mess of using VPN's and hoping you don't get caught haha.
Also I played Monster Hunter Frontier until they released Frontier 2, and I haven't gotten through the effort to get back into the Japanese servers since it's a whole mess of using VPN's and hoping you don't get caught haha.
@VestaHound
Really? Is it worthy getting ultimate for 3DS then or should I just wait for the fourth to come out?
@FallenFromChaos
Oh god I remember the Gobul, don't even try and face off with it only in the water. Use the frog things and just assault the poor thing's tail and face on land.
@VestaHound
Really? Is it worthy getting ultimate for 3DS then or should I just wait for the fourth to come out?
@FallenFromChaos
Oh god I remember the Gobul, don't even try and face off with it only in the water. Use the frog things and just assault the poor thing's tail and face on land.
I'm a Hunter on rest.
I've played MH on the PS2 back in the days and then transferred to PSP With MH2 Freedom and ** Freedom unite. Though I love Narga, he is a real pain in the *** if he starts.
I did play MH3 on the Wii for soe time, but in the end, I hated the gameplay there and just got rid of it. Lagia was nice and all, but underwater combat was not really that fun and could not make good the fact that you could just go out and explore the world without starting a quest.
To bad my PSP had died on me, or else I would still be playing, if only to have something to kill, in order to relief stress from school.
I'm a Hunter on rest.
I've played MH on the PS2 back in the days and then transferred to PSP With MH2 Freedom and ** Freedom unite. Though I love Narga, he is a real pain in the *** if he starts.
I did play MH3 on the Wii for soe time, but in the end, I hated the gameplay there and just got rid of it. Lagia was nice and all, but underwater combat was not really that fun and could not make good the fact that you could just go out and explore the world without starting a quest.
To bad my PSP had died on me, or else I would still be playing, if only to have something to kill, in order to relief stress from school.
If my friend @NireFang hasn't posted here yet, let me do the ping thing.
If my friend @NireFang hasn't posted here yet, let me do the ping thing.
im340p.gif
RAWR!! I've been summoned!!! Mmmmm.... Monster hunter~ @Death you should play..

GS Forever!! :))
RAWR!! I've been summoned!!! Mmmmm.... Monster hunter~ @Death you should play..

GS Forever!! :))
tumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.gif tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.gif
Yes, Monster Hunter thread!

I first started with Freedom Unite thanks to an old roommate owning a PSP, and have played up to 3 Ultimate. I still have the latter for my 3DS, and recently snagged a Vita mainly just so I could play Freedom Unite once more (new file though X.x). Really wish either of the games had online support though, not buying a WiiU for a long time.
Yes, Monster Hunter thread!

I first started with Freedom Unite thanks to an old roommate owning a PSP, and have played up to 3 Ultimate. I still have the latter for my 3DS, and recently snagged a Vita mainly just so I could play Freedom Unite once more (new file though X.x). Really wish either of the games had online support though, not buying a WiiU for a long time.
Note for forum games: Most of my completed dragons are in the Aria tab or Hibernal Den. Rest are WIP or mated pairs!
NiMHBVV.png
I actually have MH3U for both systems ;w; A friend of mine gifted me a WiiU copy to play online!

I'm definitely going to be getting MH4 too! I also have MHP3rd, MHFU, and MHTri, but that's it. I'd play more, but I've been just so busy with school lately x_X
I actually have MH3U for both systems ;w; A friend of mine gifted me a WiiU copy to play online!

I'm definitely going to be getting MH4 too! I also have MHP3rd, MHFU, and MHTri, but that's it. I'd play more, but I've been just so busy with school lately x_X
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15