Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Magical Mayhem Signup [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Frysa Hope this is all good! I wrote all of this recently, so I'm excited to start exploring his new character ^^ [b]Name:[/b] Inivi Itasefius - Responds to Itavius [b]Age:[/b] 21 [b]Gender + pronouns:[/b] Male + he/him [b]Appearance:[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/506238309933252668/515720827988344872/Rookie_Comm_smol.png[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Sleepless nights aren’t unheard of for Itavius. The beings he’s named “the shadows” don’t have a schedule, therefore their “talking” typically happens at the most inopportune times (much to Itavius’s chagrin). This exhaustion (and all that it entails), plus the whisperings of shadows, leaves very little room in his mind - the rest of which is filled with his desire to explore the world. Coming from a poor background, Itavius’s goal is to not only explore the world, but to start a business. He plans to open a shop and turn his part time charm collecting into a flourishing moneymaker. After three years on the road, he’s learned to be very calculating with money spending, however is quick to donate to those in need. He’s willing to manipulate well-off beings to serve his own purpose. He isn’t the best at crafting charms and hopes to master it for his business by the time he leaves the Academy. [b]Rank:[/b] Augur [b]Type of magic:[/b] Aether (Elemental) [b]Subtype specialty:[/b] Charmcrafting [b]Spelltype specialty(s):[/b] Charm, Divining [b]Magical object(s) owned:[/b] An old ring, which finds what the wearer desires and creates light to shine in that direction. Good for collecting charms. Best used at night. [b]Lucky number:[/b] 6 [b]Patron god (optional):[/b] N/A [b]History(optional):[/b] Born to parents of seven, Itavius was youngest until a ninth came along. This lack of attention prevented the family from realizing he was magical. One week, a friend of the family was visiting. She found Itavius at two years old babbling to a chair’s shadow. Remembering she had heard his parents complain about the lack of powers, she told them. However, due to lack of funds, they were unable to support his magical growth. The woman then offered to take him in instead, and Itavius was whisked away to another country. Under the working woman’s strict yet kind hand, Itavius’s elemental powers flourished. When she left to her job, Itavius would explore the forest on the edge of her property. It was there he’d find many abandoned magical items to give to his new guardian for her to sell. He received an allowance in exchange. When he had enough money, one day he decided to pay for train fare and sell one of the items himself. The shopkeeper, adoring this child attempting to sell something, sold it to him for a good price. Holding all that money at once sparked a desire in Itavius. He quickly thanked the shopkeeper and left. Once home, he spent the entire night digging and searching for more charms to sell, later leaving his guardian to find a worrisome sight of him passed out on a log. But there’s only so many items one forest can hold, and eventually Itavius had explored every inch of it. He brought this up to his guardian and she told him that once he was eighteen, he had her permission to leave to search for more. Now twenty-one, Itavius has spent three years on the road. After no luck searching, he has spent nights feeling as if his stomach was digesting itself, and after a particularly successful find he has spent days drinking with fervor. He’s explored and experienced much more than he would’ve had he stayed with his guardian, yet it’s still not enough. He hopes that his time at the Academy will give him a boost with his work, so that he can begin sending payments to his guardian and his old family. [b]Extras:[/b] N/A
@Frysa Hope this is all good! I wrote all of this recently, so I'm excited to start exploring his new character ^^

Name: Inivi Itasefius - Responds to Itavius

Gender + pronouns: Male + he/him

Appearance: Rookie_Comm_smol.png

Personality: Sleepless nights aren’t unheard of for Itavius. The beings he’s named “the shadows” don’t have a schedule, therefore their “talking” typically happens at the most inopportune times (much to Itavius’s chagrin). This exhaustion (and all that it entails), plus the whisperings of shadows, leaves very little room in his mind - the rest of which is filled with his desire to explore the world.

Coming from a poor background, Itavius’s goal is to not only explore the world, but to start a business. He plans to open a shop and turn his part time charm collecting into a flourishing moneymaker. After three years on the road, he’s learned to be very calculating with money spending, however is quick to donate to those in need. He’s willing to manipulate well-off beings to serve his own purpose. He isn’t the best at crafting charms and hopes to master it for his business by the time he leaves the Academy.

Type of magic: Aether (Elemental)

Subtype specialty: Charmcrafting

Spelltype specialty(s): Charm, Divining

Magical object(s) owned: An old ring, which finds what the wearer desires and creates light to shine in that direction. Good for collecting charms. Best used at night.

Lucky number: 6

Patron god (optional): N/A

History(optional): Born to parents of seven, Itavius was youngest until a ninth came along. This lack of attention prevented the family from realizing he was magical. One week, a friend of the family was visiting. She found Itavius at two years old babbling to a chair’s shadow. Remembering she had heard his parents complain about the lack of powers, she told them. However, due to lack of funds, they were unable to support his magical growth. The woman then offered to take him in instead, and Itavius was whisked away to another country.

Under the working woman’s strict yet kind hand, Itavius’s elemental powers flourished. When she left to her job, Itavius would explore the forest on the edge of her property. It was there he’d find many abandoned magical items to give to his new guardian for her to sell. He received an allowance in exchange. When he had enough money, one day he decided to pay for train fare and sell one of the items himself. The shopkeeper, adoring this child attempting to sell something, sold it to him for a good price. Holding all that money at once sparked a desire in Itavius. He quickly thanked the shopkeeper and left. Once home, he spent the entire night digging and searching for more charms to sell, later leaving his guardian to find a worrisome sight of him passed out on a log. But there’s only so many items one forest can hold, and eventually Itavius had explored every inch of it. He brought this up to his guardian and she told him that once he was eighteen, he had her permission to leave to search for more.

Now twenty-one, Itavius has spent three years on the road. After no luck searching, he has spent nights feeling as if his stomach was digesting itself, and after a particularly successful find he has spent days drinking with fervor. He’s explored and experienced much more than he would’ve had he stayed with his guardian, yet it’s still not enough. He hopes that his time at the Academy will give him a boost with his work, so that he can begin sending payments to his guardian and his old family.

Extras: N/A
seems interesting!! i'm getting to work on my character straight away
seems interesting!! i'm getting to work on my character straight away
OX02P5N.png
@eclectic
i have no problem with that
@eclectic
i have no problem with that
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
@rookie
He looks great! i’ll add him and the rest of the characters when i get back to the computer
@rookie
He looks great! i’ll add him and the rest of the characters when i get back to the computer
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
@Frysa

Name: Eliezer Ephemeral

Appearance: Eliezer has tannish skin from sunlight, with black, shiny short hair, with a few wavy strands falling in front of his face, and dark brown, almost black, eyes. He has a few freckles dotting his face and arms, however there isn’t many. Eliezer is slender, without much muscle to him at all.
Eliezer is most prominently seen wearing a white cloak. Underneath, he typically wears sky/light blue, coral red, or light yellow clothing. Eliezer can also be seen wearing a skinny leather belt in which he has a sheath for his Caduceus.

Personality: Eliezer is often dependent on others, not being good at leadership at all. He’s very cautious and likes to think things out before doing them. However, he’s willing to help others and sacrifice himself if necessary.
He’s an easily swayed individual, as well as being open-minded to new ideas. Eliezer prefers to keep to himself or a small group of friends most of the time, where he’ll be much more talkative.

Type of magic: Warlockism

Subtype specialty: Spellcraft

Spelltype specialty(s): Elemental (specializes water, to be more specific), Summoning

Magical object(s) owned: Eliezer owns a short necklace with a silvery thread. Attached to it is a sealed glass vial, shaped like a teardrop filled with a strange metallic blue substance. If Eliezer uses way too much of his magic that the dragon granted him, then the metallic blue substance will disappear. It is essentially a reminder to not abuse his magic.

Lucky number: 11

Patron god (optional): Ancient Dragon(?)

History (optional): Eliezer was born to a family living deep in the northern forests, where it often gets cold. A few miles from their house, lived an Ancient Dragon in a cave. The cave seemed to be like a water oasis. Almost immediately after venturing a mile into the cave, adventurers would be met with slightly glowing, pure, clear water. As they ventured further, they’d soon come across a large lake, which inhabited many exotic, strange creatures—some even glowing slightly.
At the very bottom of the deep lake, barely visible, the dragon would either swim or sleep. Never did it eat the creatures swimming around the lake, only eating the offerings that Eliezer’s family would give it. Rather than having wings, the dragon had two pairs of massive, transparent white fins, and iridescent white scales.
His family would seemingly “worship” the dragon, bringing it objects and large portions of meat and fish that were hunted specifically for the dragon on the full moon of each month. Although they did worship this dragon, his family was not related to the dragon in any way. They believed that if the offerings and worships stopped, that the dragon would try to kill their entire family out of spite and anger.
In a test of bravery, once Eliezer turned thirteen, his family sent him to swim in the lake. Once Eliezer arrived, however, the dragon seemed to be beckoning him down there. Though unsure as to if he could make it down there all by himself, he swam down to the dragon, his lungs burning.
A voice echoed in his head, coming from the dragon. “Your family has served me well through the hundreds of years I’ve lived, Eliezer,” the dragon said. “It is time that I repay one of you—with my power. You, Eliezer, have lots of time left to learn how to harness my powers and use them. So long as you do not abuse this, I will continue to provide you with power.” With that, Eliezer’s magical item formed around his neck, and the dragon helped him to the surface.
Once his family discovered his newfound power, they were confused—why hadn’t they gotten powers, too? His family then often relied on Eliezer to be like a head of the family, something he was absolutely terrible at.
Eliezer had known about the Infinitus Academy for Mages for a while at that point, and decided to go, even though his family tried to stop him for their own sake. He simply advised them to continue giving offerings to the dragon every full moon, so that they felt “complete” without them.

Extras: sorry for going so in depth with this it just felt necessary and i'm one of those people
@Frysa

Name: Eliezer Ephemeral

Appearance: Eliezer has tannish skin from sunlight, with black, shiny short hair, with a few wavy strands falling in front of his face, and dark brown, almost black, eyes. He has a few freckles dotting his face and arms, however there isn’t many. Eliezer is slender, without much muscle to him at all.
Eliezer is most prominently seen wearing a white cloak. Underneath, he typically wears sky/light blue, coral red, or light yellow clothing. Eliezer can also be seen wearing a skinny leather belt in which he has a sheath for his Caduceus.

Personality: Eliezer is often dependent on others, not being good at leadership at all. He’s very cautious and likes to think things out before doing them. However, he’s willing to help others and sacrifice himself if necessary.
He’s an easily swayed individual, as well as being open-minded to new ideas. Eliezer prefers to keep to himself or a small group of friends most of the time, where he’ll be much more talkative.

Type of magic: Warlockism

Subtype specialty: Spellcraft

Spelltype specialty(s): Elemental (specializes water, to be more specific), Summoning

Magical object(s) owned: Eliezer owns a short necklace with a silvery thread. Attached to it is a sealed glass vial, shaped like a teardrop filled with a strange metallic blue substance. If Eliezer uses way too much of his magic that the dragon granted him, then the metallic blue substance will disappear. It is essentially a reminder to not abuse his magic.

Lucky number: 11

Patron god (optional): Ancient Dragon(?)

History (optional): Eliezer was born to a family living deep in the northern forests, where it often gets cold. A few miles from their house, lived an Ancient Dragon in a cave. The cave seemed to be like a water oasis. Almost immediately after venturing a mile into the cave, adventurers would be met with slightly glowing, pure, clear water. As they ventured further, they’d soon come across a large lake, which inhabited many exotic, strange creatures—some even glowing slightly.
At the very bottom of the deep lake, barely visible, the dragon would either swim or sleep. Never did it eat the creatures swimming around the lake, only eating the offerings that Eliezer’s family would give it. Rather than having wings, the dragon had two pairs of massive, transparent white fins, and iridescent white scales.
His family would seemingly “worship” the dragon, bringing it objects and large portions of meat and fish that were hunted specifically for the dragon on the full moon of each month. Although they did worship this dragon, his family was not related to the dragon in any way. They believed that if the offerings and worships stopped, that the dragon would try to kill their entire family out of spite and anger.
In a test of bravery, once Eliezer turned thirteen, his family sent him to swim in the lake. Once Eliezer arrived, however, the dragon seemed to be beckoning him down there. Though unsure as to if he could make it down there all by himself, he swam down to the dragon, his lungs burning.
A voice echoed in his head, coming from the dragon. “Your family has served me well through the hundreds of years I’ve lived, Eliezer,” the dragon said. “It is time that I repay one of you—with my power. You, Eliezer, have lots of time left to learn how to harness my powers and use them. So long as you do not abuse this, I will continue to provide you with power.” With that, Eliezer’s magical item formed around his neck, and the dragon helped him to the surface.
Once his family discovered his newfound power, they were confused—why hadn’t they gotten powers, too? His family then often relied on Eliezer to be like a head of the family, something he was absolutely terrible at.
Eliezer had known about the Infinitus Academy for Mages for a while at that point, and decided to go, even though his family tried to stop him for their own sake. He simply advised them to continue giving offerings to the dragon every full moon, so that they felt “complete” without them.

Extras: sorry for going so in depth with this it just felt necessary and i'm one of those people
OX02P5N.png
@frysa
Argh sorry for all the Questions xx I would assume this is a high fantasy world (what kind of technology do they have?) second, is the school new or old?
@frysa
Argh sorry for all the Questions xx I would assume this is a high fantasy world (what kind of technology do they have?) second, is the school new or old?
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
@eclectic
it’s all good! i love questions.
It’s a medieval fantasy world, they don’t have guns, cars, or phones or anything like that. their technological advancement is probably something close to the middle ages
the school is at this point a decent amount of decades old, but the adventuring/questing thing is relatively new
@roaringking
i guess the ancient dragon would be his patron god, but it’s also his source of warlock power. he looks good otherwise!
@eclectic
it’s all good! i love questions.
It’s a medieval fantasy world, they don’t have guns, cars, or phones or anything like that. their technological advancement is probably something close to the middle ages
the school is at this point a decent amount of decades old, but the adventuring/questing thing is relatively new
@roaringking
i guess the ancient dragon would be his patron god, but it’s also his source of warlock power. he looks good otherwise!
@frysa
Ok, thank you for answering all my Qs uwu'
@frysa
Ok, thank you for answering all my Qs uwu'
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
@Frysa

Name: Carona Elius

Gender + pronouns: Female - She/Her

Appearance: A tall woman, With Dark Navy hair Pulled into a fishtail braid with pins and flowers within it. Tan skin, with occasional freckles on her face. Wears a dark blue and g old robe/coat with a black pencil skirt underneath and a white-grey button up shirt. Has multiple gold bracelets and necklaces with planet charms. ((CURRENTLY WORKING ON A REFERENCE PICTURE))

Personality: Carona is a hard working girl, and always has her eyes on the prize. She has deep respect for those who have mastered magics and aspires to be a great astromancer. Though, she is slightly blinded by her studies as she hardly ever socializes without knowing that she has achieved something that day, or never leaves her own space. She is very strict with who she makes friends with and always comes off as stern and cold. The only time she would warm up to someone is if they were close family or a special interest. Despite being very anti-social she also finds it to be a terrible act to use others for personal gain and finds the best way to the top is fighting for yourself. She took interest in astromancy due to her interest in the stars and fate as a child, and always wished to learn more about "whats up there"

Type of magic: Metamancy

Subtype specialty: Astromancy

Spelltype specialty(s): Divining and Energy

Magical object(s) owned: Sceptre

Lucky number: 3
@Frysa

Name: Carona Elius

Gender + pronouns: Female - She/Her

Appearance: A tall woman, With Dark Navy hair Pulled into a fishtail braid with pins and flowers within it. Tan skin, with occasional freckles on her face. Wears a dark blue and g old robe/coat with a black pencil skirt underneath and a white-grey button up shirt. Has multiple gold bracelets and necklaces with planet charms. ((CURRENTLY WORKING ON A REFERENCE PICTURE))

Personality: Carona is a hard working girl, and always has her eyes on the prize. She has deep respect for those who have mastered magics and aspires to be a great astromancer. Though, she is slightly blinded by her studies as she hardly ever socializes without knowing that she has achieved something that day, or never leaves her own space. She is very strict with who she makes friends with and always comes off as stern and cold. The only time she would warm up to someone is if they were close family or a special interest. Despite being very anti-social she also finds it to be a terrible act to use others for personal gain and finds the best way to the top is fighting for yourself. She took interest in astromancy due to her interest in the stars and fate as a child, and always wished to learn more about "whats up there"

Type of magic: Metamancy

Subtype specialty: Astromancy

Spelltype specialty(s): Divining and Energy

Magical object(s) owned: Sceptre

Lucky number: 3
~Reminder to believe in yourself and have a lovely day! May the stars align for you~

divider_by_polarshockka-d8ceg2q.png
@Frysa
Sorry it took so long to respond!

I see what you are trying to say with that, I feel like the effects of the Metamorphisam kind of like the rule you said, I feel like certain prats like fur would be comprised of fire , Also Similar to that, I believe there would also have kind of warm glow from the inside if that makes sense? like if you were to look down the throat it would kind of look like the animal would have a flicking fire inside of if, I can edit the his form with this information if you would like.

Also in the rules you said we could have multiple characters, but they can't be in the same party, is that still okay for me to make another character even with all the people joining?
@Frysa
Sorry it took so long to respond!

I see what you are trying to say with that, I feel like the effects of the Metamorphisam kind of like the rule you said, I feel like certain prats like fur would be comprised of fire , Also Similar to that, I believe there would also have kind of warm glow from the inside if that makes sense? like if you were to look down the throat it would kind of look like the animal would have a flicking fire inside of if, I can edit the his form with this information if you would like.

Also in the rules you said we could have multiple characters, but they can't be in the same party, is that still okay for me to make another character even with all the people joining?
d9363fea6160b5e250bf1b82dab28fc9.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8