Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | with or without you [1x1]
[center]this is a private rp! you may stalk it if you'd like to, though~ @LemonDewDrops -------------------- [size=4][i][b]REZS[/b][/i][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46727465] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467275/46727465_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]From his bio, [/b]Rezs is loud and obnoxious, full of himself and inconsiderate. If he's not showing off, then he's fighting for his own selfish desires - despite this, he has a soft heart and after being shown even the tiniest bit of tenderness, he melts. This is also to a fault however, as he can be easily persuaded. Currently without his familiar.[/center] ---------------------------- [indent]Although Rezs wasn't necessarily a dragon of sports, he was in favor of one particular sport. When it came down to it, claws and teeth and blood was his favorite thing to indulge in, but he hardly got a chance to charge into battle. Despite being a warrior, he was a newer recruit, younger than all the rest, and although he was a brute, he lacked the corresponding competence and coordination to be a flawless asset. He was top heavy and clumsy, and perhaps a little too cocky where there wasn't enough to be cocky about. So to stretch his wings and unsheathe his claws meaningfully, he had to travel out of Sunbeam Ruins. Rezs wasn't blind. A fool, but not completely incompetent. He knew through experience of a place that was common ground for dragons with the same itch as he. He'd have to ask for the Lightweaver to guide him safely, then he could take off. The darkness above was glowing with a soft blueish hue, but otherwise the skies were clear and black. Stars freckle the expanse before him, reminding him that Lightweaver was indeed watching over him through a thousand, glittering eyes. He readies himself on the edge of Sunbeam's territory, overlooking the waterfall, just outside of the Promenade. Under the cover of the night, he's practically invisible save for the moonlight that bounces off his white accents. He stalls, but doesn't hesitate, as he gives one last sweeping glance over his shoulder. He'd been lucky not to have been caught before, and he didn't want to test that luck.
this is a private rp! you may stalk it if you'd like to, though~

@LemonDewDrops
REZS

46727465_350.png

From his bio, Rezs is loud and obnoxious, full of himself and inconsiderate. If he's not showing off, then he's fighting for his own selfish desires - despite this, he has a soft heart and after being shown even the tiniest bit of tenderness, he melts. This is also to a fault however, as he can be easily persuaded.

Currently without his familiar.

Although Rezs wasn't necessarily a dragon of sports, he was in favor of one particular sport. When it came down to it, claws and teeth and blood was his favorite thing to indulge in, but he hardly got a chance to charge into battle. Despite being a warrior, he was a newer recruit, younger than all the rest, and although he was a brute, he lacked the corresponding competence and coordination to be a flawless asset. He was top heavy and clumsy, and perhaps a little too cocky where there wasn't enough to be cocky about. So to stretch his wings and unsheathe his claws meaningfully, he had to travel out of Sunbeam Ruins.

Rezs wasn't blind. A fool, but not completely incompetent. He knew through experience of a place that was common ground for dragons with the same itch as he. He'd have to ask for the Lightweaver to guide him safely, then he could take off. The darkness above was glowing with a soft blueish hue, but otherwise the skies were clear and black. Stars freckle the expanse before him, reminding him that Lightweaver was indeed watching over him through a thousand, glittering eyes.

He readies himself on the edge of Sunbeam's territory, overlooking the waterfall, just outside of the Promenade. Under the cover of the night, he's practically invisible save for the moonlight that bounces off his white accents. He stalls, but doesn't hesitate, as he gives one last sweeping glance over his shoulder. He'd been lucky not to have been caught before, and he didn't want to test that luck.
LUZk8tY.png
[center](( @puuker ))[/center] ----------------------------------------------- [center][size=5][u]Halli[/u][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26834130] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/268342/26834130_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]Halli is quiet and hardly ever talks to other dragons except for mere nods, eye rolls, and other gestures. Though she is not incapable of using words, it seems she only uses them with her familiar and softly with those she finds worthy of her time. Underneath her mean-looking exterior, she is rather soft and kind, but she is not good at expressing it, in her opinion at least.[/quote] [u]Her familiar will not be attending her for this RP![/u][/center] -------------------------------------- It was a long night, or at least felt like one to the tiger-striped Skydancer making her nightly rounds. Sometimes she patrolled the Citadel where her clan resided itself, other times she swept the outskirts around it, checking for any possible enemies, sometimes scavenging food along the way. There was never anything though and though she knew she shouldn't slack off, it was always such a drag. The land here was too peaceful...or, well it was nice, yes, but where she came from you had to be on guard at any waking moment. Sometimes she missed that. As Halli came round a bend, she spotted something shimmering in the darkness. Fireflies? No. She looked closer, noticed it was another's scales after a moment and the feathers that decorated her body stood up in one smooth motion. This was what she was waiting for. She felt a click at the back of her throat, but the only sound that escaped her was a small noise, like the single strum of a guitar, but with a more pebbly sound. "[i]Halt.[/i]" She says quite anti-climatically. Her voice sounded more like it could be used to lull hatchlings to sleep, although she just made most of them cry, so she was out of that line of work. Halli sniffed the air, checking the scent in case it was someone she might know, but all she could tell right now was that it smelled overwhelmingly of male and...maybe a Guardian, or even a Ridgeback? "[i]Show yourself...[/i]" she follows up, perhaps a little bit too calm about the situation, but really it was just her not knowing how to express the emotions she feels.
(( @puuker ))

Halli

26834130_350.png
Quote:
Halli is quiet and hardly ever talks to other dragons except for mere nods, eye rolls, and other gestures. Though she is not incapable of using words, it seems she only uses them with her familiar and softly with those she finds worthy of her time. Underneath her mean-looking exterior, she is rather soft and kind, but she is not good at expressing it, in her opinion at least.

Her familiar will not be attending her for this RP!

It was a long night, or at least felt like one to the tiger-striped Skydancer making her nightly rounds. Sometimes she patrolled the Citadel where her clan resided itself, other times she swept the outskirts around it, checking for any possible enemies, sometimes scavenging food along the way. There was never anything though and though she knew she shouldn't slack off, it was always such a drag. The land here was too peaceful...or, well it was nice, yes, but where she came from you had to be on guard at any waking moment. Sometimes she missed that.

As Halli came round a bend, she spotted something shimmering in the darkness. Fireflies? No. She looked closer, noticed it was another's scales after a moment and the feathers that decorated her body stood up in one smooth motion. This was what she was waiting for. She felt a click at the back of her throat, but the only sound that escaped her was a small noise, like the single strum of a guitar, but with a more pebbly sound.

"Halt." She says quite anti-climatically. Her voice sounded more like it could be used to lull hatchlings to sleep, although she just made most of them cry, so she was out of that line of work. Halli sniffed the air, checking the scent in case it was someone she might know, but all she could tell right now was that it smelled overwhelmingly of male and...maybe a Guardian, or even a Ridgeback?

"Show yourself..." she follows up, perhaps a little bit too calm about the situation, but really it was just her not knowing how to express the emotions she feels.
free_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gifnebulalasmoller_by_lemondewdrops-dcrkidt.pngfree_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gif

Oh no, oh me oh my, he's been caught, whatever will he do... A brazen grin tugs his maw apart as he swings his whole body around. He splays his wings open and raises his torso just enough to turn up his palms, showing that he was of no threat, for the most part. His vibrant pink eyes catch the moonlight as he gets a good look at this soft spoken authority, immediately recognizing her as a skydancer of the Citadel. He knew little of Citrine, aside from the fact they were allies.

"Halli," Resz says coolly, his voice rough and rumbly. He folds his wings back down against his body loosely, settling down upon his forefeet again so that he may saunter over to her. He moves deliberately slow. "The skydancer," he adds on with a suggestive inflection, raising his brows. He had a particular fondness for the litheness of a skydancer's form.

Once he's come within a tail's breadth from her, he bows his head ever so gently. "M'lady," he says, extending one wing as though it were the drape of a cape over an arm. He straightens back up and replaces his wing, cocking his head and grinning toothily. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" His accent was mock, the hitch at the end of his sentence suggesting he was moments away from breaking into light hearted laughter.

Oh no, oh me oh my, he's been caught, whatever will he do... A brazen grin tugs his maw apart as he swings his whole body around. He splays his wings open and raises his torso just enough to turn up his palms, showing that he was of no threat, for the most part. His vibrant pink eyes catch the moonlight as he gets a good look at this soft spoken authority, immediately recognizing her as a skydancer of the Citadel. He knew little of Citrine, aside from the fact they were allies.

"Halli," Resz says coolly, his voice rough and rumbly. He folds his wings back down against his body loosely, settling down upon his forefeet again so that he may saunter over to her. He moves deliberately slow. "The skydancer," he adds on with a suggestive inflection, raising his brows. He had a particular fondness for the litheness of a skydancer's form.

Once he's come within a tail's breadth from her, he bows his head ever so gently. "M'lady," he says, extending one wing as though it were the drape of a cape over an arm. He straightens back up and replaces his wing, cocking his head and grinning toothily. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" His accent was mock, the hitch at the end of his sentence suggesting he was moments away from breaking into light hearted laughter.
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ))

Ridgeback. She knew it. Halli could feel her fur bristle a little, the metal of her armor clicking as she tightens her stance momentarily, not showing signs of aggression, but she was holding her ground for sure - that was until...she heard her name? Had they met before? She couldn't seem to remember, that was the side effect of being lost in your own world. Perhaps that was rather bad for business when it came to the Citadel.

Halli swallowed down her fumbling thoughts as the Ridgeback began walking closer, but he seemed very relaxed, they had obviously met before. She began to examine him with her deadpan eyes, but there was a flicker of confusion in them momentarily as she dug deep into her memory. Halli's eyes caught Rezs's and she was unafraid to stare into them apparently, looking deeply before turning her head to the side, releasing a small puff of air through her nose. At the very least, the gathering of Citrine Citadel's allies suddenly came pooling back into her mind. She was there, yes, she'd met a few dragons, perhaps. She remembered having some kind of short-lived conversation with a monochrome Ridgeback with intense pink eyes.

"You are...from the Citadel's ally clan... correct?" She asks a bit hesitantly. She was good at her job, not conversation. "Your name...?" Halli asks a bit quieter, her feathers resting flatly against her neck. She did indeed feel bad that she forgot most names, but she wasn't sure how to say that she felt bad without appearing weak, in her own mind at least, not that she found others' apologies weak at all. It was rather strange even to herself. "Headed somewhere...?" She adds slowly, she didn't like talking this much, but it was a part of her duty and she remembers liking this male anyway. Even now, the way he bowed, even though he looked like he might burst into laughter afterward. She wished she knew how to play around as others did, but that wasn't something she ever learned how to do. Beneath her cold, stern looking exterior, she was actually rather fond of goofballs though.
(( @puuker AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ))

Ridgeback. She knew it. Halli could feel her fur bristle a little, the metal of her armor clicking as she tightens her stance momentarily, not showing signs of aggression, but she was holding her ground for sure - that was until...she heard her name? Had they met before? She couldn't seem to remember, that was the side effect of being lost in your own world. Perhaps that was rather bad for business when it came to the Citadel.

Halli swallowed down her fumbling thoughts as the Ridgeback began walking closer, but he seemed very relaxed, they had obviously met before. She began to examine him with her deadpan eyes, but there was a flicker of confusion in them momentarily as she dug deep into her memory. Halli's eyes caught Rezs's and she was unafraid to stare into them apparently, looking deeply before turning her head to the side, releasing a small puff of air through her nose. At the very least, the gathering of Citrine Citadel's allies suddenly came pooling back into her mind. She was there, yes, she'd met a few dragons, perhaps. She remembered having some kind of short-lived conversation with a monochrome Ridgeback with intense pink eyes.

"You are...from the Citadel's ally clan... correct?" She asks a bit hesitantly. She was good at her job, not conversation. "Your name...?" Halli asks a bit quieter, her feathers resting flatly against her neck. She did indeed feel bad that she forgot most names, but she wasn't sure how to say that she felt bad without appearing weak, in her own mind at least, not that she found others' apologies weak at all. It was rather strange even to herself. "Headed somewhere...?" She adds slowly, she didn't like talking this much, but it was a part of her duty and she remembers liking this male anyway. Even now, the way he bowed, even though he looked like he might burst into laughter afterward. She wished she knew how to play around as others did, but that wasn't something she ever learned how to do. Beneath her cold, stern looking exterior, she was actually rather fond of goofballs though.
free_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gifnebulalasmoller_by_lemondewdrops-dcrkidt.pngfree_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gif
Oh, what a shot to the heart. "Ouch," Resz booms, his crooked grin pulling back further. He narrows his blazing pink eyes, pointedly looking her from topfeather to toe. "Resz. Such a shame a pretty dame such as yourself would forget it," he drawls, closing the last few inches between the two of them with long strides. He cranes his long neck down and around her, looking up into the holes of her skull from under hooded lids. "You're correct, though. Allies indeed. Hopefully more, me and you." Resz straightens up and finally lets out that laugh he's been holding in, making a one-eighty away from her.

His eyes set forward, taking to the clear skies above him, and suddenly he takes on a sort of serious aura for the first time during their encounter. "But, yes. I am headed somewhere. Just for the night though, don't have to worry about any rogues around here," her pivots only his neck, his sharp gaze taking Halli back in. "I'd tear out their throats." Despite skulking away almost every night of the week since he was small, Resz cared deeply for his home and his clan. Treachery was his one and only pet peeve.

"I'm headed towards the Wasteland. One of those nights that anyone can fight..." He brings himself to the very edge of the cliff, his claws hanging over the rocky steep. He looks down, over the lands beyond him and her. There's a pause, his thoughts absorbing him. Now that Halli was at his tail, he didn't want her to leave it. But if she was just going to slow him down, he'd have to make a quick escape. "You... Wanna come?" He looks over his wing, folding it down to get a clearer view of her. After a moment, his heart thumps too loudly and he has to snicker goofily, insincerely. His emotions got the best of him, and so did the obnoxious humor. "If I had a pretty lass on my wing, maybe they'd go easier on me."
// @LemonDewDrops
Oh, what a shot to the heart. "Ouch," Resz booms, his crooked grin pulling back further. He narrows his blazing pink eyes, pointedly looking her from topfeather to toe. "Resz. Such a shame a pretty dame such as yourself would forget it," he drawls, closing the last few inches between the two of them with long strides. He cranes his long neck down and around her, looking up into the holes of her skull from under hooded lids. "You're correct, though. Allies indeed. Hopefully more, me and you." Resz straightens up and finally lets out that laugh he's been holding in, making a one-eighty away from her.

His eyes set forward, taking to the clear skies above him, and suddenly he takes on a sort of serious aura for the first time during their encounter. "But, yes. I am headed somewhere. Just for the night though, don't have to worry about any rogues around here," her pivots only his neck, his sharp gaze taking Halli back in. "I'd tear out their throats." Despite skulking away almost every night of the week since he was small, Resz cared deeply for his home and his clan. Treachery was his one and only pet peeve.

"I'm headed towards the Wasteland. One of those nights that anyone can fight..." He brings himself to the very edge of the cliff, his claws hanging over the rocky steep. He looks down, over the lands beyond him and her. There's a pause, his thoughts absorbing him. Now that Halli was at his tail, he didn't want her to leave it. But if she was just going to slow him down, he'd have to make a quick escape. "You... Wanna come?" He looks over his wing, folding it down to get a clearer view of her. After a moment, his heart thumps too loudly and he has to snicker goofily, insincerely. His emotions got the best of him, and so did the obnoxious humor. "If I had a pretty lass on my wing, maybe they'd go easier on me."
// @LemonDewDrops
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker ))

Halli's head feathers twitched at his verbalized pain, she wanted to say she was sorry, but her lips didn't even give a hesitant quiver. Instead, she decided to forget her previous guilt, focusing on his name rather so that she might remember it this time. "Rezs." She repeats a bit pointedly as she watches him come even closer, making no attempts to move away from him, but she can feel the skin beneath her fine fur heating up for currently unknown reasons as he gets a look at her from up close. She wondered to herself quietly what he might have meant by them being more than allies...surely he hadn't meant as mates. Nobody had ever wanted to be hers before, so that couldn't be right, could it?

She shook her thoughts as the larger male turned away again, listening to his sentiments, though stiffening herself in case he left without warning. She wouldn't chase him down, no, but she might feel a little down. "Your loyalty is comforting..." she responds quietly although sincere between the momentary pause in his voice. Mention of the Wasteland, however, causes the Skydancer to noticeably perk up, her antennas raising almost like when a human's peach fuzz hair rises in reaction to something. She knew exactly what he was talking about, she needed no more than a vague description such as he gave. She'd been there before, she'd seen the fights, most of them were often to the death. You wouldn't get out of the pit without at LEAST a messed up leg or wing. Halli stared at Rezs for a good, long, quiet minute. Her eyes narrowed beneath the skull mask that adorned her face before nodding at his question. It wasn't necessarily that she'd like to visit the fighting pits, but the Plague territory was her original home and even if this Ridgeback had gone several times before, she couldn't put aside a weird feeling in her gut that was telling her she should tag along. Maybe it was just the lighthearted compliments doing this to her though.

The fiery hued Skydancer walked towards this...seemingly new companion? Placing herself beside him nonchalantly, like that space belonged to her as she turned her slender head up towards him, giving him speech through her eyes and not much more. Whether she felt like she should go or not, it was literally her job to protect her allies, but perhaps in some ways this was also an excuse to get off guard duty a little early. After all, it wasn't just her on patrol and the Citadel was well protected anyway. Halli gave one last glance at her post before turning forward and opening her wings which were larger than her body by about one meter. "Fine...just once..." she mumbles in the direction of the scenery that decorated every edge of her vision. She knew how to fight, especially against dragons and creatures alike from the Scarred Wasteland, but she was more worried about Rezs. She would protect him though, if she had to anyway.
(( @puuker ))

Halli's head feathers twitched at his verbalized pain, she wanted to say she was sorry, but her lips didn't even give a hesitant quiver. Instead, she decided to forget her previous guilt, focusing on his name rather so that she might remember it this time. "Rezs." She repeats a bit pointedly as she watches him come even closer, making no attempts to move away from him, but she can feel the skin beneath her fine fur heating up for currently unknown reasons as he gets a look at her from up close. She wondered to herself quietly what he might have meant by them being more than allies...surely he hadn't meant as mates. Nobody had ever wanted to be hers before, so that couldn't be right, could it?

She shook her thoughts as the larger male turned away again, listening to his sentiments, though stiffening herself in case he left without warning. She wouldn't chase him down, no, but she might feel a little down. "Your loyalty is comforting..." she responds quietly although sincere between the momentary pause in his voice. Mention of the Wasteland, however, causes the Skydancer to noticeably perk up, her antennas raising almost like when a human's peach fuzz hair rises in reaction to something. She knew exactly what he was talking about, she needed no more than a vague description such as he gave. She'd been there before, she'd seen the fights, most of them were often to the death. You wouldn't get out of the pit without at LEAST a messed up leg or wing. Halli stared at Rezs for a good, long, quiet minute. Her eyes narrowed beneath the skull mask that adorned her face before nodding at his question. It wasn't necessarily that she'd like to visit the fighting pits, but the Plague territory was her original home and even if this Ridgeback had gone several times before, she couldn't put aside a weird feeling in her gut that was telling her she should tag along. Maybe it was just the lighthearted compliments doing this to her though.

The fiery hued Skydancer walked towards this...seemingly new companion? Placing herself beside him nonchalantly, like that space belonged to her as she turned her slender head up towards him, giving him speech through her eyes and not much more. Whether she felt like she should go or not, it was literally her job to protect her allies, but perhaps in some ways this was also an excuse to get off guard duty a little early. After all, it wasn't just her on patrol and the Citadel was well protected anyway. Halli gave one last glance at her post before turning forward and opening her wings which were larger than her body by about one meter. "Fine...just once..." she mumbles in the direction of the scenery that decorated every edge of her vision. She knew how to fight, especially against dragons and creatures alike from the Scarred Wasteland, but she was more worried about Rezs. She would protect him though, if she had to anyway.