Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | 50,000 Words of Lore
It's really late notice, but I decided to share my personal challenge for anyone else who's interested...

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins tomorrow! I know many of us on FR enjoy roleplaying and perhaps even writing lore and short stories.

For those who are intimidated by the usual NaNo rules, I propose an alternative challenge. Write 50,000 Words of Lore this month! If you know 50k words is unattainable for you, feel free to set your own, achievable, goal.

Any lore or stories written for/about your dragons can count. You're also welcome to count any RP posts into it as well. The primary goal is to focus on making time for writing this month, no matter what kind of writing it is.

If you want to participate, feel free to create a post to list your goal and update with progress. You can also post links to any finished writing, excerpts/snippets as you see fit, or even encouragement as November wears on.

If there's enough interest, I'll consider creating a Discord community for this. :)
It's really late notice, but I decided to share my personal challenge for anyone else who's interested...

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins tomorrow! I know many of us on FR enjoy roleplaying and perhaps even writing lore and short stories.

For those who are intimidated by the usual NaNo rules, I propose an alternative challenge. Write 50,000 Words of Lore this month! If you know 50k words is unattainable for you, feel free to set your own, achievable, goal.

Any lore or stories written for/about your dragons can count. You're also welcome to count any RP posts into it as well. The primary goal is to focus on making time for writing this month, no matter what kind of writing it is.

If you want to participate, feel free to create a post to list your goal and update with progress. You can also post links to any finished writing, excerpts/snippets as you see fit, or even encouragement as November wears on.

If there's enough interest, I'll consider creating a Discord community for this. :)
I plan to do this - it’s about time I give my dragons and my clan the lore they deserve!
I plan to do this - it’s about time I give my dragons and my clan the lore they deserve!
clanname.png
BannerSmall.png
Oooh, I'm doing NaNo as well! Planning on doing a full length fanfiction story, but adding my dragon's lore to things sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck to you this month c:
Oooh, I'm doing NaNo as well! Planning on doing a full length fanfiction story, but adding my dragon's lore to things sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck to you this month c:
JOMDIQa.png
@Annalynn

Best of luck to you as well! :)
@Annalynn

Best of luck to you as well! :)
Sounds fun!
Sounds fun!
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
Woo! Managed to get my clan founding story rewritten today as well as my progen's bio. Just shy of 3,500 words. I'm sure I'll lose steam as the month wears on, but it feels good to finally be getting some writing done.
Woo! Managed to get my clan founding story rewritten today as well as my progen's bio. Just shy of 3,500 words. I'm sure I'll lose steam as the month wears on, but it feels good to finally be getting some writing done.
Yaaaaaaaas this is exactly my plan/thought, as well!!! I don't want to write a novel, but writing lore for all my perma's,? heck yeah! Good luck, and pinglist please!

Good work today, 3500w is awesome!
Yaaaaaaaas this is exactly my plan/thought, as well!!! I don't want to write a novel, but writing lore for all my perma's,? heck yeah! Good luck, and pinglist please!

Good work today, 3500w is awesome!
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant