Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Losing interest?
1 2 3
I can't blame you.

When was the last time where something was released that was engaging? Was probably Baldwin, tbh. And NOTN.
I can't blame you.

When was the last time where something was released that was engaging? Was probably Baldwin, tbh. And NOTN.
I play in bursts. a few months here and there, then I take 6 months or so off, then I'll come back. I'll wait for new cool genes to come out. I'll even do that in MMOs when there is a lot to do. I feel it's good to shake things up and play other things sometimes. I did recently feel like I was playing FR too much so I decided to stop doing certain things like clicking on the familiars. It takes up a lot of time when you have 70+ dragons. XD
I play in bursts. a few months here and there, then I take 6 months or so off, then I'll come back. I'll wait for new cool genes to come out. I'll even do that in MMOs when there is a lot to do. I feel it's good to shake things up and play other things sometimes. I did recently feel like I was playing FR too much so I decided to stop doing certain things like clicking on the familiars. It takes up a lot of time when you have 70+ dragons. XD
Things have gotten a tad boring for me as well. I still come on every day to do my daily routine and keep my well fed bonus. Until until a big, game changing update comes along like a new breed or the Hibernal Den or even the map update, I'll put the time I used to put here towards Sylestia since I just joined there a few days ago. I used to play Lioden, but as much as I like lions, I couldn't get interested in anything save for some of the events and the gorgeous art.
Things have gotten a tad boring for me as well. I still come on every day to do my daily routine and keep my well fed bonus. Until until a big, game changing update comes along like a new breed or the Hibernal Den or even the map update, I'll put the time I used to put here towards Sylestia since I just joined there a few days ago. I used to play Lioden, but as much as I like lions, I couldn't get interested in anything save for some of the events and the gorgeous art.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Yeah, I'm bored too. Normally I'd be looking forward to apparel releases, but tbh the only non-fest (2018) releases I've wanted to use are the pink Seraph, the Woodland recolours, and the Scaled sets & two of those are recolours of 2017 apparel sets.

I'm sticking around to raise funds for RoR, but after that I'll only log in to do dailies & exalt breedjects until NotN rolls around, unless something interesting happens.
Yeah, I'm bored too. Normally I'd be looking forward to apparel releases, but tbh the only non-fest (2018) releases I've wanted to use are the pink Seraph, the Woodland recolours, and the Scaled sets & two of those are recolours of 2017 apparel sets.

I'm sticking around to raise funds for RoR, but after that I'll only log in to do dailies & exalt breedjects until NotN rolls around, unless something interesting happens.
I feel your pain.

My favorite thing to do is to train a party of three fighting dragons up from scratch. With the price of Eliminate getting so ridiculously high, this is not fun anymore.
I feel your pain.

My favorite thing to do is to train a party of three fighting dragons up from scratch. With the price of Eliminate getting so ridiculously high, this is not fun anymore.
3ckfYea.pngunyXMRE.pnguyHrPB4.png
Is Flight Rising dying?
I remember joining a game that is dying...they simply made recolours instead of new art.
Is Flight Rising dying?
I remember joining a game that is dying...they simply made recolours instead of new art.
I get tired of FR all the time, it's lacking... something that keeps it having a pull. The only time I click on this site is really when I wake up to process my eggs. Then to hatch them or repair dragons. I get food every once and a while. General maintenance here and there, etc.

Every now and then I take a break for a quarter of a year or more and I come back, loving to do everything - games, coli, dress-up, whatever really. So, I agree with everyone else and think you could do with a break, OP. do it every time you think it's taking up too much time / not fun anymore, comeback and it may be fun again.

I will say, this website is lacking something huge that stops it from keeping me interested, I have no idea what it is, though. It feels like nothing new ever gets released and the interesting-factor in new releases is only for a very limited time. Which is sad to say, but.
I get tired of FR all the time, it's lacking... something that keeps it having a pull. The only time I click on this site is really when I wake up to process my eggs. Then to hatch them or repair dragons. I get food every once and a while. General maintenance here and there, etc.

Every now and then I take a break for a quarter of a year or more and I come back, loving to do everything - games, coli, dress-up, whatever really. So, I agree with everyone else and think you could do with a break, OP. do it every time you think it's taking up too much time / not fun anymore, comeback and it may be fun again.

I will say, this website is lacking something huge that stops it from keeping me interested, I have no idea what it is, though. It feels like nothing new ever gets released and the interesting-factor in new releases is only for a very limited time. Which is sad to say, but.
I collect:
  • fancy rats (1133),
  • rat tangles (1955),
  • squirrel skulls (4689)
I haven't really 'played' FR in about 2 years. I log in, do dailies and sell/buy hatchlings off the AH, mooch around the forum for 5 minutes and leave. I'm here max 15-20 minutes per day.
I have no interest in anything here other than the bestiary and not enough familiars get released that I need to be here a lot, the ones I need take too much effort that I gave up. It took 4 years of offsite trading and passive saving to get just a skycat lol
Just take a hiatus if you feel like you spend too much time here, log in and gather and let your points all build whilst not actively 'playing' if that makes any sense.
I haven't really 'played' FR in about 2 years. I log in, do dailies and sell/buy hatchlings off the AH, mooch around the forum for 5 minutes and leave. I'm here max 15-20 minutes per day.
I have no interest in anything here other than the bestiary and not enough familiars get released that I need to be here a lot, the ones I need take too much effort that I gave up. It took 4 years of offsite trading and passive saving to get just a skycat lol
Just take a hiatus if you feel like you spend too much time here, log in and gather and let your points all build whilst not actively 'playing' if that makes any sense.
this is how i felt after the eye thing. i spent so long in the coli....not too good of rewards....just 14 eye scatters my many perma devoered in two weeks. sure i can buy em at 100g a pop...but like jeez. you get uncommon so often. i forced myself to keep playing, but i dont suggest it. even now the eye event haunts me, taunting me on how so many kids didnt get multi-gaze... take a break. just enjoy the weather outside, pet your pet...or stare at other's pets. hangout with real life friends, or find ways to chat with online ones besides FR. just do anything you find fun.... and legal. sorry i just had to add it. im not suggesting you do o3o ugh ima stop digging myself into this pit i'd offer eggs...but i only haave 2 and i too enjoy eggs...only more just hoarding.
this is how i felt after the eye thing. i spent so long in the coli....not too good of rewards....just 14 eye scatters my many perma devoered in two weeks. sure i can buy em at 100g a pop...but like jeez. you get uncommon so often. i forced myself to keep playing, but i dont suggest it. even now the eye event haunts me, taunting me on how so many kids didnt get multi-gaze... take a break. just enjoy the weather outside, pet your pet...or stare at other's pets. hangout with real life friends, or find ways to chat with online ones besides FR. just do anything you find fun.... and legal. sorry i just had to add it. im not suggesting you do o3o ugh ima stop digging myself into this pit i'd offer eggs...but i only haave 2 and i too enjoy eggs...only more just hoarding.
TBD
I quit FR for a year and a half because it was taking too much of my time (hello, collectible obsession) and I'm just coming back since a week. It feels great ! I managed a lair purge and gened a few of my old projects, by selling valuables that climbed in price since last time.

But I agree that you might need to step back or find something else to interest you in FR if you want to avoid boredom. Buying pretty art for my dragons / custom skins was a nice focus last year for me, and those are two things that won't loose value over time if you stop playing for sometimes :)
I quit FR for a year and a half because it was taking too much of my time (hello, collectible obsession) and I'm just coming back since a week. It feels great ! I managed a lair purge and gened a few of my old projects, by selling valuables that climbed in price since last time.

But I agree that you might need to step back or find something else to interest you in FR if you want to avoid boredom. Buying pretty art for my dragons / custom skins was a nice focus last year for me, and those are two things that won't loose value over time if you stop playing for sometimes :)
cxbFZBI.png
APPAREL HAUL - 42 / 102
3634.png22413.png
1 2 3