Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | help or nah.
so, i broke my headphones today. and now i can't listen to music and i use music to calm my anxiety down.

but i can't use my sister's earbuds either ((cause she'll get pretty mad)). and i don't want to play music on my tv cause then i'll wake my mom and she gets in a pretty bad mood if she's woken from a nap..

are there some alternatives to listening to music or to just calm myself? what should i do?
so, i broke my headphones today. and now i can't listen to music and i use music to calm my anxiety down.

but i can't use my sister's earbuds either ((cause she'll get pretty mad)). and i don't want to play music on my tv cause then i'll wake my mom and she gets in a pretty bad mood if she's woken from a nap..

are there some alternatives to listening to music or to just calm myself? what should i do?
GLADEKEEPER_sig.png
i dunno, see if you can quietly listen to music in whatever device youre using. just not too loud to wake anyone up. sorry if that doesnt work thogh!
i dunno, see if you can quietly listen to music in whatever device youre using. just not too loud to wake anyone up. sorry if that doesnt work thogh!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@PixelSpiral thanks!
@PixelSpiral thanks!
GLADEKEEPER_sig.png
Maybe you could color a picture? Physically or online, either or.

If you have a smartphone, there are some free apps for helping anxiety, usually with breathing exercises.

Stroking something soft could help, like a pet or fleecy blanket or silk scarf.

A game where you have to concentrate but that isn't stressful might be good, like a crossword, wordsearch, or matching game.

Showers or baths are helpful for a lot of people.

If you don't have any problems with fire, you can light a candle and watch the flame for a while. Or if you have incense, light some of that and watch the smoke.

You could think of the lyrics of your favorite songs and hum them quietly, or sing to yourself.
Maybe you could color a picture? Physically or online, either or.

If you have a smartphone, there are some free apps for helping anxiety, usually with breathing exercises.

Stroking something soft could help, like a pet or fleecy blanket or silk scarf.

A game where you have to concentrate but that isn't stressful might be good, like a crossword, wordsearch, or matching game.

Showers or baths are helpful for a lot of people.

If you don't have any problems with fire, you can light a candle and watch the flame for a while. Or if you have incense, light some of that and watch the smoke.

You could think of the lyrics of your favorite songs and hum them quietly, or sing to yourself.
Try pulling up a video of a stream or gentle rain. They're calming, and natural enough that they might not bother your mom as much if it's a little loud.
Try pulling up a video of a stream or gentle rain. They're calming, and natural enough that they might not bother your mom as much if it's a little loud.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
If I forget my headphones while I'm out, I distract myself in other ways if I can't tune out my environment.

Read a book if I'm on the bus.
I used to bring coloring pages to color discreetly in class. Doodle. Draw repetitive shapes like mandalas, or something relating to that.
Stare outside the window.

Cheers.
If I forget my headphones while I'm out, I distract myself in other ways if I can't tune out my environment.

Read a book if I'm on the bus.
I used to bring coloring pages to color discreetly in class. Doodle. Draw repetitive shapes like mandalas, or something relating to that.
Stare outside the window.

Cheers.