Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age Fans Unite!
1 2 3 4 5 6
I was introduced to the game with DA:I. I loved it, but certain quests do get tedious when you do them again and again for different characters.

Then I tried to play Origins. The story is good and all, I romanced Alistair, I missed Leliana COMPLETELY for some reason, but at some point I just stopped loading up the game. The mechanics are old and it shows. I didn't enjoy walking around or combat.

I too don't want a direct sequel. I do want to know what happens next, but don't want to play with my Inquisitor again. She's in a happy place actually since she romanced Cullen and had a happy ending with him. :D
I was introduced to the game with DA:I. I loved it, but certain quests do get tedious when you do them again and again for different characters.

Then I tried to play Origins. The story is good and all, I romanced Alistair, I missed Leliana COMPLETELY for some reason, but at some point I just stopped loading up the game. The mechanics are old and it shows. I didn't enjoy walking around or combat.

I too don't want a direct sequel. I do want to know what happens next, but don't want to play with my Inquisitor again. She's in a happy place actually since she romanced Cullen and had a happy ending with him. :D
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@mysidianpaladin I know what you mean about the hinterlands, that's the one thing I dislike about inquisition. But, something you can do is make saves after you've done the grinding and before you do stuff you don't want to skip and load those up instead of starting a new playthrough. Just make one for every class you want to play.

@ReignsWrath I didn't really forget I just haven't played enough of it to notice anything specific like I have with da2.

@EarlyGrey I agree with you on all of that. Not everyone here has done trespasser so I'm putting this in a spoiler but I have a feeling that at least with my inquisitor's choices, he might be coming back as a villain and working with Solas in da4. I know that was originally going to be an option and they changed it, so I keep thinking that might be for the shock factor and they're still planning to make that a thing. I hope so anyway.

@Charoula I could barely get started for the same reason. Everything felt so old and clunky. I also disliked that it wasn't voice acted, it took so much realism out of the game for me compared to inquisition.

@mysidianpaladin I know what you mean about the hinterlands, that's the one thing I dislike about inquisition. But, something you can do is make saves after you've done the grinding and before you do stuff you don't want to skip and load those up instead of starting a new playthrough. Just make one for every class you want to play.

@ReignsWrath I didn't really forget I just haven't played enough of it to notice anything specific like I have with da2.

@EarlyGrey I agree with you on all of that. Not everyone here has done trespasser so I'm putting this in a spoiler but I have a feeling that at least with my inquisitor's choices, he might be coming back as a villain and working with Solas in da4. I know that was originally going to be an option and they changed it, so I keep thinking that might be for the shock factor and they're still planning to make that a thing. I hope so anyway.

@Charoula I could barely get started for the same reason. Everything felt so old and clunky. I also disliked that it wasn't voice acted, it took so much realism out of the game for me compared to inquisition.

@tstske
I really love the customizability of the warden in origins too. I felt like there wasn’t as much in Inquisition, and that probably has a lot to do with the voice acting limiting choices. But I would’ve loved to have a few more choices even if they were text based only. I love the voice acting, I just wish I could’ve fleshed out my inquisitor as much as my warden. Also Alistair is bae <3

@earlygrey
The dark atmosphere of origins was one of my favorite parts about that game and I do hope that they kind of bring that feeling back in DA4! I’m really excited for more Tevinter, and it would be a great opportunity for them to bring back that feeling. Especially when it comes to the possibility of blood magic being around. There’s so much that still needs to be explored too and I really want to see some of their concepts of Tevinter fashion and society in action.

@meqathi
I never thought of doing that, but I’m definitely going to try it. It would help so much in bringing some of the fun back into the game. Thank you for the suggestion! c:
@tstske
I really love the customizability of the warden in origins too. I felt like there wasn’t as much in Inquisition, and that probably has a lot to do with the voice acting limiting choices. But I would’ve loved to have a few more choices even if they were text based only. I love the voice acting, I just wish I could’ve fleshed out my inquisitor as much as my warden. Also Alistair is bae <3

@earlygrey
The dark atmosphere of origins was one of my favorite parts about that game and I do hope that they kind of bring that feeling back in DA4! I’m really excited for more Tevinter, and it would be a great opportunity for them to bring back that feeling. Especially when it comes to the possibility of blood magic being around. There’s so much that still needs to be explored too and I really want to see some of their concepts of Tevinter fashion and society in action.

@meqathi
I never thought of doing that, but I’m definitely going to try it. It would help so much in bringing some of the fun back into the game. Thank you for the suggestion! c:
yYb51tI.png8a54JGH.pngysrU6LE.pngj3q3pQ5.png
@Meqathi
I think the way the choices were put for my Lavellan, she could either promise to stop him (which will end all greek tragedy like), or promise to not give up on him (which suggests she'll not stop until he sees the error of his ways). It would have been really darn awesome if you could join him! I wonder what the effects will be in DA4 after our choices. :D

It does really bother me that in my opinion, the real, true ending to Inquisition is a DLC so you have to pay more (typical EA's mark on Bioware there). The ending of the main campaign is so 'meh' in comparison. :/ I hope they don't continue down that path for 4. DLC in addition to a great game is one thing, but hiding a large chunk of the story behind a paywall is pretty scummy.

I do worry with Bioware's co-fonders gone now that EA is steering the studios in a direction that follows what is popular (Destiny I mean Anthem is a great example). Instead of forging what becomes popular like they've done in the past. Here's hoping my worries are for nought.

@mysidianpaladin
I'd love to see that darkness & gore in today's graphics! :O Omg those broodmothers would be HORRIFYING. All 3 games have been PEGI 18 rated so there's no reason why they couldn't do that.

Oh yes! As long as they don't do a DA2 and create a character for us to play as - I loved being able to make my own character with their own personality/ stance on different topics.
Also we'd hopefully get to see/ hear from more of Dorian. ♥
@Meqathi
I think the way the choices were put for my Lavellan, she could either promise to stop him (which will end all greek tragedy like), or promise to not give up on him (which suggests she'll not stop until he sees the error of his ways). It would have been really darn awesome if you could join him! I wonder what the effects will be in DA4 after our choices. :D

It does really bother me that in my opinion, the real, true ending to Inquisition is a DLC so you have to pay more (typical EA's mark on Bioware there). The ending of the main campaign is so 'meh' in comparison. :/ I hope they don't continue down that path for 4. DLC in addition to a great game is one thing, but hiding a large chunk of the story behind a paywall is pretty scummy.

I do worry with Bioware's co-fonders gone now that EA is steering the studios in a direction that follows what is popular (Destiny I mean Anthem is a great example). Instead of forging what becomes popular like they've done in the past. Here's hoping my worries are for nought.

@mysidianpaladin
I'd love to see that darkness & gore in today's graphics! :O Omg those broodmothers would be HORRIFYING. All 3 games have been PEGI 18 rated so there's no reason why they couldn't do that.

Oh yes! As long as they don't do a DA2 and create a character for us to play as - I loved being able to make my own character with their own personality/ stance on different topics.
Also we'd hopefully get to see/ hear from more of Dorian. ♥
tDAcVLz.png
@Meqathi [b]DID SOMEONE SAY DRAGON AGE???????[/b] yes hello hi I'm a huge nerd. Granted, I haven't played in a while. I have too many fandoms and not enough time, but I've been planning a new DAI game for a while, setting it up with mods and such, and I've also slowly been at work revamping/updating my two Dragon Age tumblr blogs - takes a lot of time because of all the art I still have to do. I'm probably gonna be a minority here but DAO is my least favorite of the bunch. It's good though! A very good game, I've beaten it more than once and I will never not love Alistair, but I just don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare about the Warden character (and I'm actually glad they never made an ingame come-back). DA2 took me a while to get into at first but it doesn't deserve all of the crap it gets. Not saying it doesn't have flaws because it definitely does, but in terms of story I love it so much. I love how it's a smaller story and how it's not about you being a chosen one and saving the world. You're just a regular person who gets caught up in things because Hawke attracts trouble like a moth to flames. It's a great story and it has some of the best characters - if I had a best friend like Varric is to Hawke I'd be the luckiest person in the world. I'm one of those people who always plays the same character over and over again, and for DA2 it a male Hawke named Oliver, specializing in Force Magic (that spec was FUN!!) aaaaaand he always romances Anders. [s](yes I'm on the Anders Defense Squad).[/s] Also, purple/sarcastic Hawke forever. As for DAI... [b]I LOVE IT.[/b] I have two characters - my Quizzy is Taerel, male Lavellan, Knight Enchanter/Storm Mage, Bullrider. I've had him since my first playthrough and have done multiple with him. He romanced Bull three times, Dorian once and Solas once. His blog is one I'm currectly revamping, he's gone through a looooot of development and a bunch of redesigns over the years, but he's finally... well, finalized now. Screenshot time! I had to crop a lot because of FR's tendency to make everything small. The art is what I actually envision him to look like but it's pretty close to his in-game appearance. I still have so many outfits refs to draw, omg. But yeah the pic is part of a gigantic reference sheet. [img]https://i.imgur.com/uxDRRKG.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DNULn7f.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/FC6o9HB.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/orpDPSU.png[/img] Lastly I also have a Companion type character. He's written in such a way he could be a part of anyone's story - I usually have him run around with the Quizzies of my friends. He has his own motives for wanting to join the Inquisition, and yeah he's romanceable lol. He's not limited to DAI settings either. Meet Jarvaazim, my qunari pirate! [img]https://i.imgur.com/bBiVHuG.jpg[/img] No screenshots for obvious reasons, I could never get him to look anywhere close to this, but he's a lot of fun to draw so that's okay. I look forward to DA4 but at the same time, I also dread it. I worry for the future of the franchise and I know I'm not the only one but yeah... we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
@Meqathi DID SOMEONE SAY DRAGON AGE??????? yes hello hi I'm a huge nerd.

Granted, I haven't played in a while. I have too many fandoms and not enough time, but I've been planning a new DAI game for a while, setting it up with mods and such, and I've also slowly been at work revamping/updating my two Dragon Age tumblr blogs - takes a lot of time because of all the art I still have to do.

I'm probably gonna be a minority here but DAO is my least favorite of the bunch. It's good though! A very good game, I've beaten it more than once and I will never not love Alistair, but I just don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare about the Warden character (and I'm actually glad they never made an ingame come-back).

DA2 took me a while to get into at first but it doesn't deserve all of the crap it gets. Not saying it doesn't have flaws because it definitely does, but in terms of story I love it so much. I love how it's a smaller story and how it's not about you being a chosen one and saving the world. You're just a regular person who gets caught up in things because Hawke attracts trouble like a moth to flames. It's a great story and it has some of the best characters - if I had a best friend like Varric is to Hawke I'd be the luckiest person in the world.

I'm one of those people who always plays the same character over and over again, and for DA2 it a male Hawke named Oliver, specializing in Force Magic (that spec was FUN!!) aaaaaand he always romances Anders. (yes I'm on the Anders Defense Squad). Also, purple/sarcastic Hawke forever.

As for DAI... I LOVE IT. I have two characters - my Quizzy is Taerel, male Lavellan, Knight Enchanter/Storm Mage, Bullrider. I've had him since my first playthrough and have done multiple with him. He romanced Bull three times, Dorian once and Solas once. His blog is one I'm currectly revamping, he's gone through a looooot of development and a bunch of redesigns over the years, but he's finally... well, finalized now.

Screenshot time! I had to crop a lot because of FR's tendency to make everything small.

The art is what I actually envision him to look like but it's pretty close to his in-game appearance. I still have so many outfits refs to draw, omg. But yeah the pic is part of a gigantic reference sheet.
uxDRRKG.jpg
DNULn7f.png
FC6o9HB.jpg
orpDPSU.png

Lastly I also have a Companion type character. He's written in such a way he could be a part of anyone's story - I usually have him run around with the Quizzies of my friends. He has his own motives for wanting to join the Inquisition, and yeah he's romanceable lol. He's not limited to DAI settings either.

Meet Jarvaazim, my qunari pirate!
bBiVHuG.jpg
No screenshots for obvious reasons, I could never get him to look anywhere close to this, but he's a lot of fun to draw so that's okay.

I look forward to DA4 but at the same time, I also dread it. I worry for the future of the franchise and I know I'm not the only one but yeah... we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
I really like dragon age series but have kinda been dropped out of it for awhile now.Here we go though.

Origins is my favorite because of the plot and the overall feeling of the game,also that your actions felt like they have consenquences.
I really enjoyed that the dialogue had more than 3 options tbh. Archdemon/Logain felt like a threat and I enjoyed that after a day you can go to the camp area and talk with the companions.
It felt like you really are on a journey around Ferelden.

DA2 was okay,not as good as origins but still playable and actually enjoyed it mostly because of the vast variety of characters. Again actions have consenquences.
The dlc's are fun and so are the missions,since the stories of the side quests are kinda deep mostly. There are some things that I didnt so enjoy,like that in the end your dialogue is very limited,dungeons are copy paste and god...could go on an on but won't since the game was still enjoyable because of the characters.

DAI oh god,might get so much hate for this but it was such a disappointment for me.
yeah the game is pretty but that's about it.
The world is empty,your decisions don't in the end matter since the characters don't seem to react to anything(or react a bit and the game forgots about it).
All of the side quests are similar and don't have any plot in them,don't really get anything for getting all the collectibles really ,companions are so empty and kinda seem undone compared to the big backstories that previos companions have.
The plot also has many holes and the villain in pathetic and doesn't feel like a threat.
Even after playing it several times doing all the missions and playing the dlc's I didn't enjoy it.
I tried to like it but overal felt disappointed.
Witcher 3 had alot of things I was waiting DAI to have but just didnt.
Damn such a long post,no hate for the people who like the game,more power to you if you do but it just wasn't for me.
I really like dragon age series but have kinda been dropped out of it for awhile now.Here we go though.

Origins is my favorite because of the plot and the overall feeling of the game,also that your actions felt like they have consenquences.
I really enjoyed that the dialogue had more than 3 options tbh. Archdemon/Logain felt like a threat and I enjoyed that after a day you can go to the camp area and talk with the companions.
It felt like you really are on a journey around Ferelden.

DA2 was okay,not as good as origins but still playable and actually enjoyed it mostly because of the vast variety of characters. Again actions have consenquences.
The dlc's are fun and so are the missions,since the stories of the side quests are kinda deep mostly. There are some things that I didnt so enjoy,like that in the end your dialogue is very limited,dungeons are copy paste and god...could go on an on but won't since the game was still enjoyable because of the characters.

DAI oh god,might get so much hate for this but it was such a disappointment for me.
yeah the game is pretty but that's about it.
The world is empty,your decisions don't in the end matter since the characters don't seem to react to anything(or react a bit and the game forgots about it).
All of the side quests are similar and don't have any plot in them,don't really get anything for getting all the collectibles really ,companions are so empty and kinda seem undone compared to the big backstories that previos companions have.
The plot also has many holes and the villain in pathetic and doesn't feel like a threat.
Even after playing it several times doing all the missions and playing the dlc's I didn't enjoy it.
I tried to like it but overal felt disappointed.
Witcher 3 had alot of things I was waiting DAI to have but just didnt.
Damn such a long post,no hate for the people who like the game,more power to you if you do but it just wasn't for me.
XQ9sqVB.gif
@EarlyGrey [spoiler]Yeah, those are the romance options. My inquisitor had stop him, and something like 'I'll prove there's another way' and I always choose the latter because my inquisitor at least in part (and a big part of him too) agrees with what Solas intends to achieve by it all. But the way the conversation went down sounds like Solas already knows there's no alternative option, which makes sense because he never wanted to create the veil in the first place for plenty of reasons and he'd obviously have looked for one and has 8,000+ years of life experience and knowledge over the inquisitor. So I think that option might be a possible lead-in to the inquisitor working with Solas in da4[/spoiler] @Endee I love your character holy.. I'm one of those people who plays the same character too. Right now I'm playing on xb1 (currently broke and saving up slowly to finally get a pc) so my inquisitor isn't the most impressive right now, BUT here he is: [img]https://i.redd.it/miau9l13zik11.png[/img] I envision him as looking pretty much exactly like this, just with a much longer ponytail. I named him Aerys after the mad king from game of thrones because it's the name I liked best out of all the targaryens and he looks like Daenerys' long lost twin brother in a lot of the cutscenes. Mine is an archer assassin. He's like Dagna though, and always wished he was born a mage and is constantly studying magic. [spoiler]which is one reason I kind of want Solas to succeed. It could mean that Aerys would become a mage, since we know that all elves were mages before the veil.[/spoiler] @lunaticmischief I know what you mean about Corypheus not feeling like a threat, but to be fair, that's not at all the case if you read all the notes and letters and such lying around throughout the game. There's so much information about him in them but without that you'd never know. I agree that it wasn't the best idea to put crucial information like that there because most people aren't going to read it, but realistically it makes the most sense that way. I'm torn about that. Also, I've never played any of the Witcher games but I really want to play 3 because I've heard a lot of praise about it. Only reason I haven't yet is because I'm not sure if I need to play the previous ones first to understand it. Does that matter or not?
@EarlyGrey Yeah, those are the romance options. My inquisitor had stop him, and something like 'I'll prove there's another way' and I always choose the latter because my inquisitor at least in part (and a big part of him too) agrees with what Solas intends to achieve by it all. But the way the conversation went down sounds like Solas already knows there's no alternative option, which makes sense because he never wanted to create the veil in the first place for plenty of reasons and he'd obviously have looked for one and has 8,000+ years of life experience and knowledge over the inquisitor. So I think that option might be a possible lead-in to the inquisitor working with Solas in da4

@Endee I love your character holy.. I'm one of those people who plays the same character too. Right now I'm playing on xb1 (currently broke and saving up slowly to finally get a pc) so my inquisitor isn't the most impressive right now, BUT here he is:

miau9l13zik11.png

I envision him as looking pretty much exactly like this, just with a much longer ponytail. I named him Aerys after the mad king from game of thrones because it's the name I liked best out of all the targaryens and he looks like Daenerys' long lost twin brother in a lot of the cutscenes. Mine is an archer assassin. He's like Dagna though, and always wished he was born a mage and is constantly studying magic. which is one reason I kind of want Solas to succeed. It could mean that Aerys would become a mage, since we know that all elves were mages before the veil.

@lunaticmischief I know what you mean about Corypheus not feeling like a threat, but to be fair, that's not at all the case if you read all the notes and letters and such lying around throughout the game. There's so much information about him in them but without that you'd never know. I agree that it wasn't the best idea to put crucial information like that there because most people aren't going to read it, but realistically it makes the most sense that way. I'm torn about that.

Also, I've never played any of the Witcher games but I really want to play 3 because I've heard a lot of praise about it. Only reason I haven't yet is because I'm not sure if I need to play the previous ones first to understand it. Does that matter or not?
@Meqathi Aaaahhh Aerys is cute though!!! A good boy <3 He looks a little sad, give him a hug from me.

I also like the name. I've never watched GoT so I've never heard it before, but it's pretty, it fits him. I also like that he's not a mage but wishes he could use magic. I've seen a loooooot of different Inquisitors on my tumblr dash over the years but this is the first time I've seen one who's not a mage but wants to be one. I like it a lot!

The name Taerel came from a random name generator. When I first made him on release day Tae was to be nothing more but a test character, but then I got hopelessly attached to his face and here I am four years later, still crying because I love him so.

Did Aerys romance anyone?
@Meqathi Aaaahhh Aerys is cute though!!! A good boy <3 He looks a little sad, give him a hug from me.

I also like the name. I've never watched GoT so I've never heard it before, but it's pretty, it fits him. I also like that he's not a mage but wishes he could use magic. I've seen a loooooot of different Inquisitors on my tumblr dash over the years but this is the first time I've seen one who's not a mage but wants to be one. I like it a lot!

The name Taerel came from a random name generator. When I first made him on release day Tae was to be nothing more but a test character, but then I got hopelessly attached to his face and here I am four years later, still crying because I love him so.

Did Aerys romance anyone?
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
I saw Dragon Age and here I am! I opened up Inquisition again just the other day. Heccn love that game! I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's the first DA game I've played and I have a lot of good memories of it. I didn't get too far in Origins, however... I started it, but the controls on the PC are so wonky that I couldn't continue. I might end just watching all of the cut scenes on youtube since I hear it's amazing, and really changes how you look at the Grey Wardens later in Inquisition... One of these days! Hmm what else. I've played through DA:I twice now with the same character, since I am incapable of accepting anyone else as my Inquisitor. (I tried!) It's super likely that I'll restart again, since I'm not satisfied with all of the choices I made this time around. My absolute favorite part is the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts mission at the Winter Palace; love the fanciness and the dancing and the secrets! AND THE MUSIC! And while it's bad IRL, the casual racism against elves is pretty interesting to witness there, if you ask me. I just so happened to have drawn my boi a few weeks ago. As you can see, he's an elf mage named Riven. :') [img]https://i.paigeeworld.com/user-media/1537833600000/5ba407f65fed7df00f3fcb4d_5baabfd53826170510c8b04b_rz.jpg[/img] Can't wait for DA4!
I saw Dragon Age and here I am!
I opened up Inquisition again just the other day. Heccn love that game! I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's the first DA game I've played and I have a lot of good memories of it. I didn't get too far in Origins, however... I started it, but the controls on the PC are so wonky that I couldn't continue. I might end just watching all of the cut scenes on youtube since I hear it's amazing, and really changes how you look at the Grey Wardens later in Inquisition... One of these days!

Hmm what else. I've played through DA:I twice now with the same character, since I am incapable of accepting anyone else as my Inquisitor. (I tried!) It's super likely that I'll restart again, since I'm not satisfied with all of the choices I made this time around.
My absolute favorite part is the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts mission at the Winter Palace; love the fanciness and the dancing and the secrets! AND THE MUSIC! And while it's bad IRL, the casual racism against elves is pretty interesting to witness there, if you ask me.

I just so happened to have drawn my boi a few weeks ago. As you can see, he's an elf mage named Riven. :')
5ba407f65fed7df00f3fcb4d_5baabfd53826170510c8b04b_rz.jpg
Can't wait for DA4!
tumblr_mi6r7uNWQ01r99sp0o1_500.gif
Hi. I just wanna interact with people on this heccn website.
@Endee Thank you so much! Will do. :) He looks a bit sad because that screen is from the cutscene where you have that really serious conversation with cassandra in haven right before it gets invaded. I didn't realize "mage wannabe" was an original idea, feeling kind of proud of it now haha. Though I wouldn't have thought Taerel was from a generator, it's too nice a name. When I use generators most of the results are barely pronounceable.

And yep, Aerys romances Dorian. He *would* romance Solas instead if that was possible. I might try some of the mods for that, but I'm not sure. I don't really like mods that change characters' sexualities because I think it's kind of messed up, but Solas never really seemed like he'd be straight to me, given his character. It actually seems somewhat contradictory. I mean we're talking about a guy who, at least if the banter is anything to take seriously, has been in relationships with spirits (who don't seem to have genders, and don't even have bodies) because he doesn't care about appearances, he cares about the person themselves, only their 'spirit.' He seems like an obvious pansexual to me.

@Sheer That's my favorite quest too. And I figured I was the only one who gets a sort of twisted sense of enjoyment watching people be racist against my character. Though I think part of my interest in it is that to me, elves are the ideal. In most fantasy universes they're the pinnacle of beauty, they have beautiful singing voices, they have unfathomable skill due to their long lifespans, etc. It just seems to backwards to think they're inferior instead of superior, but at the same time hating anything different for no reason is practically a hobby for a lot of people so I can see it happening.

Also I like your character, his name is especially cool too. It suits him.
@Endee Thank you so much! Will do. :) He looks a bit sad because that screen is from the cutscene where you have that really serious conversation with cassandra in haven right before it gets invaded. I didn't realize "mage wannabe" was an original idea, feeling kind of proud of it now haha. Though I wouldn't have thought Taerel was from a generator, it's too nice a name. When I use generators most of the results are barely pronounceable.

And yep, Aerys romances Dorian. He *would* romance Solas instead if that was possible. I might try some of the mods for that, but I'm not sure. I don't really like mods that change characters' sexualities because I think it's kind of messed up, but Solas never really seemed like he'd be straight to me, given his character. It actually seems somewhat contradictory. I mean we're talking about a guy who, at least if the banter is anything to take seriously, has been in relationships with spirits (who don't seem to have genders, and don't even have bodies) because he doesn't care about appearances, he cares about the person themselves, only their 'spirit.' He seems like an obvious pansexual to me.

@Sheer That's my favorite quest too. And I figured I was the only one who gets a sort of twisted sense of enjoyment watching people be racist against my character. Though I think part of my interest in it is that to me, elves are the ideal. In most fantasy universes they're the pinnacle of beauty, they have beautiful singing voices, they have unfathomable skill due to their long lifespans, etc. It just seems to backwards to think they're inferior instead of superior, but at the same time hating anything different for no reason is practically a hobby for a lot of people so I can see it happening.

Also I like your character, his name is especially cool too. It suits him.
1 2 3 4 5 6