Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | What's the dragon's maw?
is it what admins call the programmers?
is it what admins call the programmers?
Love,
kittimeow
Dragons maw = horse's mouth. Just a dragonified version of an expression for getting info straight from the source.
Dragons maw = horse's mouth. Just a dragonified version of an expression for getting info straight from the source.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
Oh. There's so much i don't know! *sniffle*
Oh. There's so much i don't know! *sniffle*
Love,
kittimeow
It's okay! Everyone has to start out somewhere. If you have any more questions, you can come to me :)
It's okay! Everyone has to start out somewhere. If you have any more questions, you can come to me :)
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
I've never understood the phrase "strait from the horse's mouth". Now, "strait from the llama's mouth".....
I've never understood the phrase "strait from the horse's mouth". Now, "strait from the llama's mouth".....
@Feddlefew
Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth
I myself work with horses and actually figured out what this meant years ago.

It means "from the highest authority" -- years ago when betting on races people wanted to know what the sure-thing was to bet on to get the biggest payout. The most trusted opinions often came from the horse&#039;s trainers because "it was the closest thing to asking the horse itself" and most people considered the trainer, exercise rider, and jockey to be so close to the horse that whatever they say might as well be straight from the horse&#039;s mouth <3

Bonus random fact:
Don&#039;t look a Gift Horse in the Mouth means: If you get a gift, don&#039;t scrutinize it or look for flaws with it or be otherwise ungrateful. Looking a gift horse in the mouth means you&#039;re checking the horse&#039;s age and possibly wishing you wanted something more. It&#039;s a gift so it shouldn&#039;t be picked at!

I am a fountain of useless (and useful) horse knowledge!
@Feddlefew
Re: Straight from the Horse&#039;s Mouth
I myself work with horses and actually figured out what this meant years ago.

It means "from the highest authority" -- years ago when betting on races people wanted to know what the sure-thing was to bet on to get the biggest payout. The most trusted opinions often came from the horse&#039;s trainers because "it was the closest thing to asking the horse itself" and most people considered the trainer, exercise rider, and jockey to be so close to the horse that whatever they say might as well be straight from the horse&#039;s mouth <3

Bonus random fact:
Don&#039;t look a Gift Horse in the Mouth means: If you get a gift, don&#039;t scrutinize it or look for flaws with it or be otherwise ungrateful. Looking a gift horse in the mouth means you&#039;re checking the horse&#039;s age and possibly wishing you wanted something more. It&#039;s a gift so it shouldn&#039;t be picked at!

I am a fountain of useless (and useful) horse knowledge!
1kz7OWt.png
@Dragoness- Factlets for the win! 8^D

(I was making a joke about the spitting habits of llamas, but I did not know the etymology behind either phrase. I love learning new things!)
@Dragoness- Factlets for the win! 8^D

(I was making a joke about the spitting habits of llamas, but I did not know the etymology behind either phrase. I love learning new things!)
@Dragoness

Because of you I&#039;ve just had some sort of mental breakthrough. I hope you know that you&#039;ve made my day!
@Dragoness

Because of you I&#039;ve just had some sort of mental breakthrough. I hope you know that you&#039;ve made my day!
7htyyvH.pngtoePjgi.png
LOL! Awesome Divinity! Glad to have made your day xD! <3
LOL! Awesome Divinity! Glad to have made your day xD! <3
1kz7OWt.png