Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of Instant Familiar Bond (Ended)
1 2 3
[quote name="Zanjairo" date="2018-08-09 12:35:01" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-08-09 12:10:28" ] [/quote] Since FR is a multiplayer game, what one person does can and often does impact other players. Something like this, a bond all button/scroll, would bring in a lot of treasure and gems into the economy not only in the form of pure treasure but also the chests generated. This would lead to inflation and devaluing things found in various chests (which many are already devalued, so why make it even worse?). [/quote] It would be the same amount of loot as normally bonding. To bond with a familiar that is not on a dragon this is what I do. I choose a dragon then switch it's familiar out with one that isn't on a dragon then do that with all my familiars. It takes a while though. To bond with a familar [/quote] The thing is, most people don't bond though. However, if it were as easy as buying a 100 treasure scroll (or whatever price) then I would guarantee that at least 90% of players would start bonding every day. I know I would, especially if it made a profit and I could get those nice chests. As for the second part, that is on you. Flight Rising, in my opinion, did not anticipate players wanting to bond with all their familiars every day. They expected players to match familiars with dragons and bond with only those familiars. Those players who DO go beyond the familiars attached to their dragons, are doing it on their own initiative. From the way things are set up, it wasn't meant to be that way. So, I really don't see why FR should unbalance the rest of the game to accommodate players who have found different ways to play the game. (it is a valid playstyle, I am not saying it isn't, and I support streamlining the process of switching familiars out, I also support bonding through the lair page itself, but I don't support bonding unattached familiars, nor a bond all button).
Zanjairo wrote on 2018-08-09 12:35:01:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-08-09 12:10:28:
Since FR is a multiplayer game, what one person does can and often does impact other players. Something like this, a bond all button/scroll, would bring in a lot of treasure and gems into the economy not only in the form of pure treasure but also the chests generated. This would lead to inflation and devaluing things found in various chests (which many are already devalued, so why make it even worse?).

It would be the same amount of loot as normally bonding.

To bond with a familiar that is not on a dragon this is what I do. I choose a dragon then switch it's familiar out with one that isn't on a dragon then do that with all my
familiars. It takes a while though.

To bond with a familar
[/quote]
The thing is, most people don't bond though. However, if it were as easy as buying a 100 treasure scroll (or whatever price) then I would guarantee that at least 90% of players would start bonding every day. I know I would, especially if it made a profit and I could get those nice chests.

As for the second part, that is on you. Flight Rising, in my opinion, did not anticipate players wanting to bond with all their familiars every day. They expected players to match familiars with dragons and bond with only those familiars. Those players who DO go beyond the familiars attached to their dragons, are doing it on their own initiative. From the way things are set up, it wasn't meant to be that way.

So, I really don't see why FR should unbalance the rest of the game to accommodate players who have found different ways to play the game. (it is a valid playstyle, I am not saying it isn't, and I support streamlining the process of switching familiars out, I also support bonding through the lair page itself, but I don't support bonding unattached familiars, nor a bond all button).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Zanjairo (sorry was typing my other response when you replied)

It isn't a true compromise, but I do want to be able to bond through the lair page itself. This would save loading the dragon pages and make it go a bit faster, while still keeping most of the ad revenue.

I would also support a way to tell whether or not a familiar has been bonded already that day, both from the lair page itself and from the attach familiar screen.

In addition, a way to tell awakened familiars in that screen as well would be great.

A way to streamline the process of switching familiars out would be good as well.

All these could make bonding easier and not so tedious, but still isn't a bond all button. Players would still need to go through each individual familiar and bond them, but it would be a bit easier to switch familiars and know which ones you have already bonded and which ones are already awakened.
@Zanjairo (sorry was typing my other response when you replied)

It isn't a true compromise, but I do want to be able to bond through the lair page itself. This would save loading the dragon pages and make it go a bit faster, while still keeping most of the ad revenue.

I would also support a way to tell whether or not a familiar has been bonded already that day, both from the lair page itself and from the attach familiar screen.

In addition, a way to tell awakened familiars in that screen as well would be great.

A way to streamline the process of switching familiars out would be good as well.

All these could make bonding easier and not so tedious, but still isn't a bond all button. Players would still need to go through each individual familiar and bond them, but it would be a bit easier to switch familiars and know which ones you have already bonded and which ones are already awakened.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar
I agree about showing familiars that still need to be bonded. But would it only show one that are on dragons?
@Jemadar
I agree about showing familiars that still need to be bonded. But would it only show one that are on dragons?
200w.gif
I believe that if you want the rewards, you need to put the time and effort in. Every bonding action counts, so even with the stipulation of only 1 point a day not up to awakened. I would only support a scroll being added if it was the way [user=Valemora] suggested: [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-07-15 18:01:28" ] Sure - provided that this scroll just instantly updates the bonding level to Awakened without giving any chests or treasure :3 [/quote]
I believe that if you want the rewards, you need to put the time and effort in. Every bonding action counts, so even with the stipulation of only 1 point a day not up to awakened.

I would only support a scroll being added if it was the way suggested:
Valemora wrote on 2018-07-15 18:01:28:
Sure - provided that this scroll just instantly updates the bonding level to Awakened without giving any chests or treasure :3

ZQGfAQY.png
@Zanjairo

That would be the easiest place to show it, but I would love for there to be a way to show it on the attach familiar screen at least.

I would also love it if we could see awakened and bonded familiars in the hoard/vault as well.
@Zanjairo

That would be the easiest place to show it, but I would love for there to be a way to show it on the attach familiar screen at least.

I would also love it if we could see awakened and bonded familiars in the hoard/vault as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jessyta
But what is the point on having a familiar if no treasure or chest are given.
@Jessyta
But what is the point on having a familiar if no treasure or chest are given.
200w.gif
@Zanjairo Some people want to awaken every familiar they own.
My main point is that if you want the treasure and chests, you need to put the time and effort in. If you do not have the time, you should not get the rewards.

@Zanjairo Some people want to awaken every familiar they own.
My main point is that if you want the treasure and chests, you need to put the time and effort in. If you do not have the time, you should not get the rewards.

ZQGfAQY.png
@Jessyta
Good point. I agree (sorry I didn't before.)
@Jessyta
Good point. I agree (sorry I didn't before.)
200w.gif
Uh, nah. This is a terrible idea. Unless it just bonds without the rewards.

I could support a bond-all button being added to your lair page (for equipped familiars ONLY) if it was only added after a gem payment of 1500g per month.

Like a subscription. Paying gems allows you to bypass the tedium, makes up for the lack of ad views that manually doing it gets the site and offsets the treasure, gem and item gain by acting as a sink.

Otherwise... nah.

You want your treasure and chests, you do the clicks. If it's too boring to click through them all, obviously the reward's not worth it.
Uh, nah. This is a terrible idea. Unless it just bonds without the rewards.

I could support a bond-all button being added to your lair page (for equipped familiars ONLY) if it was only added after a gem payment of 1500g per month.

Like a subscription. Paying gems allows you to bypass the tedium, makes up for the lack of ad views that manually doing it gets the site and offsets the treasure, gem and item gain by acting as a sink.

Otherwise... nah.

You want your treasure and chests, you do the clicks. If it's too boring to click through them all, obviously the reward's not worth it.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
ooook then well I think we are done....
ooook then well I think we are done....
200w.gif
1 2 3