Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Hey, I'm new and I've got questions
1 2 3 4
Okay so I've been on FR for about a week now and there are some things that I'm still confused about/can't find info on in the Encyclopaedia (or didn't see it lol)
I'd appreciate the help in answering these questions.

1. All of the dragons I've ever gotten that have genes other than basic colours, I've only been able to purchase on the AH, how does one naturally breed these? I mean you only start out with two basic dragons.

2. What is a hatchery?

3.What do people mean when they use the phrase "to-be-gened". Can I change the way my starter dragons look? I don't want to exalt them but they're kind of boring lol
Okay so I've been on FR for about a week now and there are some things that I'm still confused about/can't find info on in the Encyclopaedia (or didn't see it lol)
I'd appreciate the help in answering these questions.

1. All of the dragons I've ever gotten that have genes other than basic colours, I've only been able to purchase on the AH, how does one naturally breed these? I mean you only start out with two basic dragons.

2. What is a hatchery?

3.What do people mean when they use the phrase "to-be-gened". Can I change the way my starter dragons look? I don't want to exalt them but they're kind of boring lol
@Lufrina

1. You can't "naturally breed" genes. They get passed down from parents to children. However! You can buy gene scrolls (which are super expensive) and apply it to your dragon, which changes their gene to whatever that scroll was. It will then have a chance of passing that gene down onto its hatchlings.

2. Uhhhh I can't really help you with that one... I'm still pretty new around here too. I think it's a thread where people have pairs of dragons they breed and sell the hatchlings? Though I could be wrong.

3. Like I said in #1, you can buy genes (so, to-be-gened means buying gene scrolls and using it on said dragon)

Hope I helped :P
@Lufrina

1. You can't "naturally breed" genes. They get passed down from parents to children. However! You can buy gene scrolls (which are super expensive) and apply it to your dragon, which changes their gene to whatever that scroll was. It will then have a chance of passing that gene down onto its hatchlings.

2. Uhhhh I can't really help you with that one... I'm still pretty new around here too. I think it's a thread where people have pairs of dragons they breed and sell the hatchlings? Though I could be wrong.

3. Like I said in #1, you can buy genes (so, to-be-gened means buying gene scrolls and using it on said dragon)

Hope I helped :P
@GreenTeaPython

1. Yes that's what I meant by naturally breed, as in mating two dragons and passing down a gene, what confused me is that you only get two starter dragons that only have basic genes so apart from buying a dragon that has genes other than basic ones you can't breed a dragon with let's say "jaguar" or "ghost" gene from the basic ones. So I guess what you're telling me is that the only way to get those rarer genes other than them being bred from a parent who already has said gene (one that's been bought from AH or gifted from another user) is through buying gene scrolls?
I hope I explained myself alright I feel like I might've been able to say that in a less confusing way *sigh

2.Oh okay thanks anyway, that's what I guessed too.

3. Thanks

Thanks, you were helpful, appreciate it.
New question lol Where does one buy gene scrolls?
@GreenTeaPython

1. Yes that's what I meant by naturally breed, as in mating two dragons and passing down a gene, what confused me is that you only get two starter dragons that only have basic genes so apart from buying a dragon that has genes other than basic ones you can't breed a dragon with let's say "jaguar" or "ghost" gene from the basic ones. So I guess what you're telling me is that the only way to get those rarer genes other than them being bred from a parent who already has said gene (one that's been bought from AH or gifted from another user) is through buying gene scrolls?
I hope I explained myself alright I feel like I might've been able to say that in a less confusing way *sigh

2.Oh okay thanks anyway, that's what I guessed too.

3. Thanks

Thanks, you were helpful, appreciate it.
New question lol Where does one buy gene scrolls?
@Lufrina

Actually, there's a few places to get them:

Some of them stock in the treasure marketplace, and others can be found in the gem marketplace. Some people sell them in the Auction House as well.

There are 2 genes that can be found rarely in the coliseum (python and morph), but when I say rarely, I mean RARELY, so... Yeah.

There are also some genes you can get through Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but you need to be pretty high level there to do it... I wouldn't know, I'm still like, level 3 or something XD

Overall, they're either really rare or really expensive, so it's quite a challenge to gene dragons.

If you want to know what to work towards, you can copy your dragon's id (you can find it under their name when you click on them, it's a bunch of numbers) and paste that into the scrying workshop under "predict morphology," then press "load dragon."

You can then preview whatever genes you want on that dragon :D
@Lufrina

Actually, there's a few places to get them:

Some of them stock in the treasure marketplace, and others can be found in the gem marketplace. Some people sell them in the Auction House as well.

There are 2 genes that can be found rarely in the coliseum (python and morph), but when I say rarely, I mean RARELY, so... Yeah.

There are also some genes you can get through Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but you need to be pretty high level there to do it... I wouldn't know, I'm still like, level 3 or something XD

Overall, they're either really rare or really expensive, so it's quite a challenge to gene dragons.

If you want to know what to work towards, you can copy your dragon's id (you can find it under their name when you click on them, it's a bunch of numbers) and paste that into the scrying workshop under "predict morphology," then press "load dragon."

You can then preview whatever genes you want on that dragon :D
@Lufrina

You can buy them in the Gem Marketplace, Treasure Marketplace or on the AH. You can also make a few (I think) at Baldwin's.

And yes, a Hatchery is where people sell their hatchlings! Usually with a theme in mind, just make it more appealing, but it can be any hatchlings.
@Lufrina

You can buy them in the Gem Marketplace, Treasure Marketplace or on the AH. You can also make a few (I think) at Baldwin's.

And yes, a Hatchery is where people sell their hatchlings! Usually with a theme in mind, just make it more appealing, but it can be any hatchlings.
gA3NbMx.gif
@GreenTeaPython

Thanks a lot :)
@GreenTeaPython

Thanks a lot :)
@Lufrina

No problem! Happy to help :)
@Lufrina

No problem! Happy to help :)
@ThePipeFox

Thank you!
@ThePipeFox

Thank you!
@BlackwatchGenji

Thank you!!
@BlackwatchGenji

Thank you!!
@Lufrina - Welcome to Flight Rising! :3 I hope you're enjoying your time here so far! To answer your questions:

Genes and breeds are passed down from the parents to the hatchlings- dragons won't hatch with genes that the parents don't have. So if you breed two Fae dragons with a Basic Primary gene together, all of their offspring will be Fae dragons with Basic Primary as well.
If you breed (for example) a Fae with Cherub/Seraph/Underbelly genes and a Pearlcatcher with Basic/Peregrine/Okapi genes, offspring will either be Fae or Pearlcatchers, and they'll have some combination of the parents' genes.

Like GreenTeaPython said, you can buy gene scrolls, though! They restock in both the Treasure Marketplace and Gem Marketplace under "Specialty", among other places, and you can buy them from other players in the "Specialty" tab of the Auction House. You can also buy "Remove Gene" scrolls for Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary to give your dragon a Basic gene.

Some of them are very expensive, but there are lots of good guides for earning Treasure and Gems around the forums. :0 I'd recommend having a look around the Guides if you're interested in more ways to make money!

Treasure MP genes:
- Primary genes: Tiger, Cherub, Clown, Bar, Ripple, Tapir, Jaguar, Falcon, Speckle, Giraffe, Jupiter, Piebald, Vipera, Savannah

- Secondary genes: Daub, Eye Spots, Freckle, Stripes, Seraph, Peregrine, Rosette, Striation, Current, Hex, Saturn, Paint, Hypnotic, Safari

-Tertiary genes: Okapi, Underbelly, Gembond, Smoke, Contour, Ghost, Thylacine, Crackle, Lace, Runes, Spines

- Breed Change: Guardian, Fae, Tundra, Mirror, Skydancer, Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Ridgeback

Gem MP genes:
- Primary genes: Iridescent, Metallic, Wasp, Crystal, Petals
- Secondary genes: Shimmer, Alloy, Bee, Facet, Butterfly
- Tertiary genes: Glimmer, Opal, Circuit, Stained, Filigree

- Breed Change: Coatl; every now and then Breed Change: Wildclaw scrolls cycle in (there's usually an announcement on the front page when they're in stock)

Aside from Wildclaw scrolls, Gem MP genes never go out of stock! Some people try to charge inflated prices for Gem genes on the Auction House, but they're trying to rip people off. :'0

Swipp's Swap Stand (Trading Post) genes:
- Tertiary gene: Firefly

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew (Trading Post) genes:
- Primary genes: Skink, Poison, Pinstripe
- Secondary genes: Spinner, Toxin, Trail
- Tertiary gene: Capsule, Scales
- Breed Change: Bogsneak

Coliseum genes (rare chance to drop from battles in the Coliseum):
- Primary gene: Python
- Secondary gene: Morph

Night of the Nocturne (annual December event) genes:
- Tertiary gene: Smirch
- Breed Change: Nocturne

Kickstarter backer-exclusive genes:
- Breed Change: Imperial (virtually impossible to get one of these scrolls now)

You can definitely change your starter dragons, if you want! It'll take some saving, but you can totally buy gene/breed scrolls for them. :)

"To-be-gened" means that the user is planning on getting breed/gene scrolls for their dragon, and a "Hatchery" is just a thread where someone sells their hatchlings! Some people have specific breeding pairs that make hatchlings they really like, so they start Hatchery threads to advertise their pairs and sell the babies.
@Lufrina - Welcome to Flight Rising! :3 I hope you're enjoying your time here so far! To answer your questions:

Genes and breeds are passed down from the parents to the hatchlings- dragons won't hatch with genes that the parents don't have. So if you breed two Fae dragons with a Basic Primary gene together, all of their offspring will be Fae dragons with Basic Primary as well.
If you breed (for example) a Fae with Cherub/Seraph/Underbelly genes and a Pearlcatcher with Basic/Peregrine/Okapi genes, offspring will either be Fae or Pearlcatchers, and they'll have some combination of the parents' genes.

Like GreenTeaPython said, you can buy gene scrolls, though! They restock in both the Treasure Marketplace and Gem Marketplace under "Specialty", among other places, and you can buy them from other players in the "Specialty" tab of the Auction House. You can also buy "Remove Gene" scrolls for Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary to give your dragon a Basic gene.

Some of them are very expensive, but there are lots of good guides for earning Treasure and Gems around the forums. :0 I'd recommend having a look around the Guides if you're interested in more ways to make money!

Treasure MP genes:
- Primary genes: Tiger, Cherub, Clown, Bar, Ripple, Tapir, Jaguar, Falcon, Speckle, Giraffe, Jupiter, Piebald, Vipera, Savannah

- Secondary genes: Daub, Eye Spots, Freckle, Stripes, Seraph, Peregrine, Rosette, Striation, Current, Hex, Saturn, Paint, Hypnotic, Safari

-Tertiary genes: Okapi, Underbelly, Gembond, Smoke, Contour, Ghost, Thylacine, Crackle, Lace, Runes, Spines

- Breed Change: Guardian, Fae, Tundra, Mirror, Skydancer, Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Ridgeback

Gem MP genes:
- Primary genes: Iridescent, Metallic, Wasp, Crystal, Petals
- Secondary genes: Shimmer, Alloy, Bee, Facet, Butterfly
- Tertiary genes: Glimmer, Opal, Circuit, Stained, Filigree

- Breed Change: Coatl; every now and then Breed Change: Wildclaw scrolls cycle in (there's usually an announcement on the front page when they're in stock)

Aside from Wildclaw scrolls, Gem MP genes never go out of stock! Some people try to charge inflated prices for Gem genes on the Auction House, but they're trying to rip people off. :'0

Swipp's Swap Stand (Trading Post) genes:
- Tertiary gene: Firefly

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew (Trading Post) genes:
- Primary genes: Skink, Poison, Pinstripe
- Secondary genes: Spinner, Toxin, Trail
- Tertiary gene: Capsule, Scales
- Breed Change: Bogsneak

Coliseum genes (rare chance to drop from battles in the Coliseum):
- Primary gene: Python
- Secondary gene: Morph

Night of the Nocturne (annual December event) genes:
- Tertiary gene: Smirch
- Breed Change: Nocturne

Kickstarter backer-exclusive genes:
- Breed Change: Imperial (virtually impossible to get one of these scrolls now)

You can definitely change your starter dragons, if you want! It'll take some saving, but you can totally buy gene/breed scrolls for them. :)

"To-be-gened" means that the user is planning on getting breed/gene scrolls for their dragon, and a "Hatchery" is just a thread where someone sells their hatchlings! Some people have specific breeding pairs that make hatchlings they really like, so they start Hatchery threads to advertise their pairs and sell the babies.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 3 4