Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Blocking?
Is there anywhere on the site that actually says what blocking another user does? I feel ridiculous cuz I can't seem to find anything about it. Like, I know how to block someone, but what exactly does that do for me? Just wondering if there's anything that actually says what blocking a user does if if so, where it says :)
Is there anywhere on the site that actually says what blocking another user does? I feel ridiculous cuz I can't seem to find anything about it. Like, I know how to block someone, but what exactly does that do for me? Just wondering if there's anything that actually says what blocking a user does if if so, where it says :)
@Lottie, it's at the top of the post, next to the "Quote" option.
@Lottie, it's at the top of the post, next to the "Quote" option.
"You have blocked this user; their post is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings."

In place of their posts, apparently. xD
But I can still see your topics, and your profile, and I can at least get to the page to send you a message?
"You have blocked this user; their post is being hidden. To remove this block, visit your Account Settings."

In place of their posts, apparently. xD
But I can still see your topics, and your profile, and I can at least get to the page to send you a message?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
@Aequorin that's not my question lol... I know how and where to block people. My question is where on this site does it actually say what blocking does :p It's been surprisingly hard to find any official comment of what blocking is/does. Like, are they blocked from viewing my lair, my forum posts, my AH listings or the like? Or can the passive-aggressively buy my lots and exalt my dragons and glare at me silently from a distance lol.

@clockworkMoose interesting :o I haven't blocked anyone for any reason yet, and haven't been blocked myself (that I'm aware of) so I'm just curious I guess xD
@Aequorin that's not my question lol... I know how and where to block people. My question is where on this site does it actually say what blocking does :p It's been surprisingly hard to find any official comment of what blocking is/does. Like, are they blocked from viewing my lair, my forum posts, my AH listings or the like? Or can the passive-aggressively buy my lots and exalt my dragons and glare at me silently from a distance lol.

@clockworkMoose interesting :o I haven't blocked anyone for any reason yet, and haven't been blocked myself (that I'm aware of) so I'm just curious I guess xD
I was just testing by blocking you, but it didn't seem to do much outside the forums. Either way because it's so easy to undo blocking someone, I don't think it'd be that hard to play around with, maybe get a friend to block you, and then attempt to interact normally?

I've never actually read anywhere on the site what exactly blocking does.
I was just testing by blocking you, but it didn't seem to do much outside the forums. Either way because it's so easy to undo blocking someone, I don't think it'd be that hard to play around with, maybe get a friend to block you, and then attempt to interact normally?

I've never actually read anywhere on the site what exactly blocking does.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
@clockworkMoose oh well that sounds rather useless xD but I guess it says something for the community's general behavior if blocking hasn't had to become a serious thing yet ^^ and that's a good suggestion, I'll see if my roommate will help me out with that since we can talk in person :)
@clockworkMoose oh well that sounds rather useless xD but I guess it says something for the community's general behavior if blocking hasn't had to become a serious thing yet ^^ and that's a good suggestion, I'll see if my roommate will help me out with that since we can talk in person :)
@Lottie You can't read their posts, and they cannot send you PMs or comment on your profile. Pings don't work either, either towards the person you've blocked or blocked users towards you.
@Lottie You can't read their posts, and they cannot send you PMs or comment on your profile. Pings don't work either, either towards the person you've blocked or blocked users towards you.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Rhea that's helpful to know, ty ^^
@Rhea that's helpful to know, ty ^^