Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i actually don't mind the changed eyes.
1 2
[quote name="Charias" date="2018-06-08 12:50:09" ] Also, I'm 99.9% sure they're gonna implement an eye revert item. Remember, this is a huge update and it only dropped today - I wouldn't be surprised if the next update we see is an eye reversion item being added. [/quote] I'd actually love an eye revert item, it'd work really well with dragons who's eyes just don't fit (for example primal shadow on a neon eye burner)
Charias wrote on 2018-06-08 12:50:09:

Also, I'm 99.9% sure they're gonna implement an eye revert item. Remember, this is a huge update and it only dropped today - I wouldn't be surprised if the next update we see is an eye reversion item being added.

I'd actually love an eye revert item, it'd work really well with dragons who's eyes just don't fit (for example primal shadow on a neon eye burner)
OjYCOIV.png
@ZARYAN0VA You basically just listed why everyone is so upset, then brushed it off because it doesn't bother you personally? We're upset because to some of us, and on some dragons, that slight change of hue really [i]is[/i] a huge deal that makes dragons look very different and ruins their appearance for us. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/5a65/f/2018/159/e/9/plaguefaeeyes_by_cryoflyte-dcdshzp.png[/img] We're upset because this change to existing dragons was stealthed in with literally no way for our now ruined dragons to go back to the way they were. We're upset because there's absolutely no reason, in an update where the whole point is to add a bunch of new eye options, that the old ones couldn't be kept in [i]some[/i] manner. We're upset because the whole point of this site is that you can acquire the perfect dragons down to the last pixel, and those pixels people went to enormous effort to acquire and dearly loved were messed with without warning or recourse. It's great that it doesn't bother you. Really, it is. Personally I [i]wish[/i] it didn't bother me. But it does, and no amount of people telling me "but it's such a slight change, it doesn't bother me so it shouldn't bother you!" is going to change my personal perception of my own dragons. (And the fact that people have been doing so all day, with varying degrees of condescension is also, shall we say, upsetting.) We should not have to worry about favorite dragons suddenly being changed without our consent just because someone else thinks it looks better or it's not a big deal.
@ZARYAN0VA

You basically just listed why everyone is so upset, then brushed it off because it doesn't bother you personally?

We're upset because to some of us, and on some dragons, that slight change of hue really is a huge deal that makes dragons look very different and ruins their appearance for us.
plaguefaeeyes_by_cryoflyte-dcdshzp.png

We're upset because this change to existing dragons was stealthed in with literally no way for our now ruined dragons to go back to the way they were.

We're upset because there's absolutely no reason, in an update where the whole point is to add a bunch of new eye options, that the old ones couldn't be kept in some manner.

We're upset because the whole point of this site is that you can acquire the perfect dragons down to the last pixel, and those pixels people went to enormous effort to acquire and dearly loved were messed with without warning or recourse.

It's great that it doesn't bother you. Really, it is. Personally I wish it didn't bother me. But it does, and no amount of people telling me "but it's such a slight change, it doesn't bother me so it shouldn't bother you!" is going to change my personal perception of my own dragons. (And the fact that people have been doing so all day, with varying degrees of condescension is also, shall we say, upsetting.) We should not have to worry about favorite dragons suddenly being changed without our consent just because someone else thinks it looks better or it's not a big deal.
I like the new eyes myself, on the whole. I can see how breeding projects can suffer from it, but from what I saw in predicting offspring today, getting a primal or multi seems pretty unlikely, so take solace in that?

I personally like the change, and there’s probably a buyer for them since they’ve got that different more unique look.
I like the new eyes myself, on the whole. I can see how breeding projects can suffer from it, but from what I saw in predicting offspring today, getting a primal or multi seems pretty unlikely, so take solace in that?

I personally like the change, and there’s probably a buyer for them since they’ve got that different more unique look.
s1cIu80.png
Apologies if I was snippy; it's been a [i]lot[/i] of being told not to be upset today. x.x But it is basically that. Depending on the dragon the change can be either incredibly minor, an improvement, or just completely dragon-breaking. Personally I'm mad about Plague Fae most of all... like in the picture I put in my other post, the brightness and 'pop' I loved so much about them is gone in a really striking manner. (I find the update really noticeable for Fae of any element, but personally I can get used to, say, my avatar dragon's ghostly white/gray ice eyes becoming bright blue, because it fits with her. But other people who went with ice eyes because they were basically neutral are upset that suddenly they've got blue eyes, and they're right to be irked, IMO.) (edited with an illustration) [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/876e/f/2018/159/2/2/icefaeeyes_by_cryoflyte-dcdtzej.png[/img] Plus on some dragons the colored sclera outright change their expression. It effectively changes the shape of the eye. Which, the subjectiveness of the changed eye shades aside, seems like a really weird design decision.
Apologies if I was snippy; it's been a lot of being told not to be upset today. x.x

But it is basically that. Depending on the dragon the change can be either incredibly minor, an improvement, or just completely dragon-breaking. Personally I'm mad about Plague Fae most of all... like in the picture I put in my other post, the brightness and 'pop' I loved so much about them is gone in a really striking manner. (I find the update really noticeable for Fae of any element, but personally I can get used to, say, my avatar dragon's ghostly white/gray ice eyes becoming bright blue, because it fits with her. But other people who went with ice eyes because they were basically neutral are upset that suddenly they've got blue eyes, and they're right to be irked, IMO.)

(edited with an illustration)
icefaeeyes_by_cryoflyte-dcdtzej.png

Plus on some dragons the colored sclera outright change their expression. It effectively changes the shape of the eye. Which, the subjectiveness of the changed eye shades aside, seems like a really weird design decision.
The only reason I'm mildly annoyed is because I made a custom skin for one of my gen ones and it featured a third eye that was the exact same eye color and style as the old eyes and less than a day later they changed the art.
The only reason I'm mildly annoyed is because I made a custom skin for one of my gen ones and it featured a third eye that was the exact same eye color and style as the old eyes and less than a day later they changed the art.
im not upset either. a bit weird on some dergs but its not really noticeable0
im not upset either. a bit weird on some dergs but its not really noticeable0
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="ZARYAN0VA" date="2018-06-08 13:10:39" ] i was simply saying that i don't find it to be that game-breaking and was wondering why others found it that way. i never said it shouldn't bother other people. i was asking why it bothered other people.[/quote] The people find it game-breaking because they see the difference and feel that this difference is important. For example, I have a Light dragon with the tert I specifically chose to match the eyes perfectly. I could get any other color, but I picked that one because it fit the best. Then I found the dragon with the exact colors I wanted, changed its breed, all its genes and made it a permababy. It looked great to me. Now the color suddenly doesn't match anymore, and I spent over half a mil on a dragon that doesn't look like I want it to. Fortunately, I still can fix it with a scroll (unlike some other people, with Plague dragons for example, who cannot get the brighter red back as it doesn't exist anymore), but now I have to use them on a dragon that was perfect to begin with just to fix it back instead of using them on some other dragon for fun or selling them for mad cash. I'm hurt financially because of that change, for [u]a few hundred gems at least[/u], and the admins not only never apologized, they never even acknowledged the fact. And that's only one dragon. There were people who spent thousands of gems on specific G1s because the colors matched. Now they aren't matching so well and instead of feeling happy they keep stumbling over this mismatch and regret the purchase. Is it really hard to understand why it can be upsetting?
ZARYAN0VA wrote on 2018-06-08 13:10:39:
i was simply saying that i don't find it to be that game-breaking and was wondering why others found it that way.
i never said it shouldn't bother other people. i was asking why it bothered other people.
The people find it game-breaking because they see the difference and feel that this difference is important.

For example, I have a Light dragon with the tert I specifically chose to match the eyes perfectly. I could get any other color, but I picked that one because it fit the best. Then I found the dragon with the exact colors I wanted, changed its breed, all its genes and made it a permababy. It looked great to me. Now the color suddenly doesn't match anymore, and I spent over half a mil on a dragon that doesn't look like I want it to. Fortunately, I still can fix it with a scroll (unlike some other people, with Plague dragons for example, who cannot get the brighter red back as it doesn't exist anymore), but now I have to use them on a dragon that was perfect to begin with just to fix it back instead of using them on some other dragon for fun or selling them for mad cash. I'm hurt financially because of that change, for a few hundred gems at least, and the admins not only never apologized, they never even acknowledged the fact. And that's only one dragon.

There were people who spent thousands of gems on specific G1s because the colors matched. Now they aren't matching so well and instead of feeling happy they keep stumbling over this mismatch and regret the purchase.

Is it really hard to understand why it can be upsetting?
I've been on FR for years now, and while I don't participate in forums especially nowaday I'm used to see people be outraged so quicly (but then again it's far from FR exclusive, have you even seen Twitter? All it takes is a poster for an upcoming movie and people lose it for days)

I'm trying not to get carried away, the point is: People are always going to react quick. I get it. I fall victim to that as well but the thing is, there's definitely criticism that's justified. For example, multigaze is just wrong. I'm sure they'll clean the white pixels though. And yeah, I understand that changes should come with some sort of warning, obviously not for the new eye types since they're meant to be a suprise but the common ones.

But I just... I can't eat it. I'm sorry. You're telling me you love your dragon so much, and you don't really seem to care about their eyes... Until suddendly they change hue just a tiny little bit and now the dragon's good as dead??
You're... sure you can't get used to it? Or even just be indifferent?

Sorry for venting. I'm just so tired. There's reasons to be upset but I use the net too much for my own good and I'm so used to see this: Short-lived outrage over stuff that dosen't matter. Like I said when I brought Twitter: Just a few days pass and suddendly, people are over it... Mostly because they're ready to jump on the next drama-wagon-whatever you wanna call it... It's so tiring and I swear I try to avoid it :/
I've been on FR for years now, and while I don't participate in forums especially nowaday I'm used to see people be outraged so quicly (but then again it's far from FR exclusive, have you even seen Twitter? All it takes is a poster for an upcoming movie and people lose it for days)

I'm trying not to get carried away, the point is: People are always going to react quick. I get it. I fall victim to that as well but the thing is, there's definitely criticism that's justified. For example, multigaze is just wrong. I'm sure they'll clean the white pixels though. And yeah, I understand that changes should come with some sort of warning, obviously not for the new eye types since they're meant to be a suprise but the common ones.

But I just... I can't eat it. I'm sorry. You're telling me you love your dragon so much, and you don't really seem to care about their eyes... Until suddendly they change hue just a tiny little bit and now the dragon's good as dead??
You're... sure you can't get used to it? Or even just be indifferent?

Sorry for venting. I'm just so tired. There's reasons to be upset but I use the net too much for my own good and I'm so used to see this: Short-lived outrage over stuff that dosen't matter. Like I said when I brought Twitter: Just a few days pass and suddendly, people are over it... Mostly because they're ready to jump on the next drama-wagon-whatever you wanna call it... It's so tiring and I swear I try to avoid it :/
Most people I've talked to are upset about the eye switch because they picked up and gened certain dragons to match their eye color, and those matches are now in some cases broken. Lightning/Nature/Fire eyes were mostly untouched, but there's a lot of change in Shadow/Light/Wind.

Me, I don't like that Tundras and Pearlcatchers have colored sclera. I'm a plague lair and all my dragons' whites have turned red. I'm... not a fan of this. They look much less friendly, and in the Tundras' cases, soft.
Most people I've talked to are upset about the eye switch because they picked up and gened certain dragons to match their eye color, and those matches are now in some cases broken. Lightning/Nature/Fire eyes were mostly untouched, but there's a lot of change in Shadow/Light/Wind.

Me, I don't like that Tundras and Pearlcatchers have colored sclera. I'm a plague lair and all my dragons' whites have turned red. I'm... not a fan of this. They look much less friendly, and in the Tundras' cases, soft.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2