Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | You Can Be A Hero! BNHA Closed
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@/enmity @/weretiger5411

Yep, there’s a posting order in the order Kam pinged us! :)
@/enmity @/weretiger5411

Yep, there’s a posting order in the order Kam pinged us! :)
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
Yuuna Sato

The young girl tried to psyche herself up, peering around the battleground. There was an entire city in this place! UA was proving its status at the best hero school around. Yuuna just hope she could get enough points to pass, she had a dream after all.

Humming as she heard the instructions, Yuuna waited until she heard her name for her hand to shoot up. "Here!" With that she focused back on the exam, peering around the "city" as she heard about the points. So the goal was to just smash as many as possible? Cinema did say there was another portion of it...

Yuuna was snapped out of her though by her name being said again, hastily looking around for the source. she hadn't been paying attention to the other students, hoping to keep her confidence up as long as possible. If wasn't Cinema who had said it then-- Ito??? At the distraction Yuuna's snakes were quick to turn and observe Ito, being on high alert as Yuuna's nervousness spread to them quickly. However, the girl's face instantly brightened as she saw a familiar face, turning to wave at her new companion. "Ito! It's been a while! Yeah, I'm here just like everyone else. Ya know, hoping to get into the hero course. What about you? I thought you were going for something else."

Ayame Hitomi
Principal Ishkawa is the current victim of Ayame's short stature.

A soft yawn escaped Ayame as she looked at the screens in front of her. As a night owl bat she had barely gotten 4 hours of sleep. Correcting the position of her goggles, she turned to peek over at Ishkawa when he spoke. In the darkness she was alright to not use her glasses, but she took no chances with the bright screens. Explosions aplenty would be following soon.

"Let's hope they do better than the last few years. You'd think that if they managed to get in here they'd be outstanding. Let's be honest, the hero pool has been... lackluster." Ayame stated, settling herself on Ishkawa's shoulder while waving a hand at the screens laid out in front of them. "With how many different quirks we've seen there should be some students with some pizazz!"

With that the woman ended her rant, making sure her wings were tucked in close. Ishkawa was a big guy, but even his shoulder had limited room. Luckily his outward appearance wasn't his true nature. Despite being a lion, the guy was a softie at heart.
Yuuna Sato

The young girl tried to psyche herself up, peering around the battleground. There was an entire city in this place! UA was proving its status at the best hero school around. Yuuna just hope she could get enough points to pass, she had a dream after all.

Humming as she heard the instructions, Yuuna waited until she heard her name for her hand to shoot up. "Here!" With that she focused back on the exam, peering around the "city" as she heard about the points. So the goal was to just smash as many as possible? Cinema did say there was another portion of it...

Yuuna was snapped out of her though by her name being said again, hastily looking around for the source. she hadn't been paying attention to the other students, hoping to keep her confidence up as long as possible. If wasn't Cinema who had said it then-- Ito??? At the distraction Yuuna's snakes were quick to turn and observe Ito, being on high alert as Yuuna's nervousness spread to them quickly. However, the girl's face instantly brightened as she saw a familiar face, turning to wave at her new companion. "Ito! It's been a while! Yeah, I'm here just like everyone else. Ya know, hoping to get into the hero course. What about you? I thought you were going for something else."

Ayame Hitomi
Principal Ishkawa is the current victim of Ayame's short stature.

A soft yawn escaped Ayame as she looked at the screens in front of her. As a night owl bat she had barely gotten 4 hours of sleep. Correcting the position of her goggles, she turned to peek over at Ishkawa when he spoke. In the darkness she was alright to not use her glasses, but she took no chances with the bright screens. Explosions aplenty would be following soon.

"Let's hope they do better than the last few years. You'd think that if they managed to get in here they'd be outstanding. Let's be honest, the hero pool has been... lackluster." Ayame stated, settling herself on Ishkawa's shoulder while waving a hand at the screens laid out in front of them. "With how many different quirks we've seen there should be some students with some pizazz!"

With that the woman ended her rant, making sure her wings were tucked in close. Ishkawa was a big guy, but even his shoulder had limited room. Luckily his outward appearance wasn't his true nature. Despite being a lion, the guy was a softie at heart.
5S2hFjn.png
Rankei stood near the back of the crowd, watching silently as the other students talked either excitedly or nervously amongst each other. He wore a thin black hoodie, sweatpants, and boots that weren’t tied, three things that he lazily tossed on this morning before training to get ready for the entrance exam. The shadow created by his hood covered his face, warning others against speaking to him. The effect was something he intended to have. From under the shadow, he looked around at the group of students, spotting another person with a red hood on and could only assume that they were trying to conceal their identity. He could see how that could be useful in battle, but he didn’t have his on for the same reason. As he waited for the teacher—if he remembered correctly, his name was Cinema—to show up, he looked calm and controlled. He definitely was on the outside, but couldn't stop his heart from racing, the sound pounding in his ears.

"Welcome everybody!” boomed a voice from above, scaring a few students. Rankei looked up to see Cinema standing there with a megaphone, speaking in an overly joyous voice (in his opinion). He knew that the teacher was trying to scare and/or excite the students with his upbeat announcement about...underwear? Rankei stopped listening when Cinema started talking, half thinking about the exam and the villain bots, half collecting words from the pro hero’s long string of sentences. Mess. Points. Hurt. Examinees. List. Shout ‘here!’

Tch, as if I’d waste my time hurting other students when getting points is the main focus, he thought as the teacher started listing off names. Though that means that I’ll have to be careful. If I use my Quirk recklessly, it’s a possibility that I could hurt someone else. I cannot afford to be reckless now. The group of students became quieter, the only ones that momentarily stood out from the crowd were the ones that shouted “here!” when their name was called. They raised their hands, too, though Rankei didn’t remember Cinema mentioning anything about raising hands.

“Rankei Nagamatsu!”
“Here,” he said loud enough for the teacher to hear but quiet enough to not be shouting. He didn’t raise his hand like the rest of the students, instead crossing his arms as he waited for roll call to end. Cinema called out name after name as the kids around him one after another shouted when they heard theirs. Rankei didn’t try to remember their names or faces, deciding that he’ll only do it if he is accepted into U.A. After all, what’s the point in trying if he might fail and never see them again anyway?

After the announcements and roll call ended, Rankei raised his hand. He had a question and knew that the answer to it will affect the number of points he could get. “Will we get point deductions if we destroy the city on purpose to defeat the bots?”
He hated that his Quirk was dependent on the environment he was in. He also hated how destructive it could be. It was like the world gave him this Quirk because of his desire to be a hero. Obviously, if he became a hero, he couldn’t destroy buildings and streets whenever he wanted to. Even if that meant he got to save someone or defeat a villain. That would make his life hard in the future.

But he wasn't going to back out now.

————

Anya stood near the middle of the group, looking up at the huge brown doors. The entrance exam was today. She was ready for it and had prepared for this day ever since she entered middle school. Before she came, she woke up a few hours after midnight to eat breakfast, train, and plan what she was going to wear. She wasn't normally energetic, but she couldn’t help but feel excitement course through her entire body. She was excited and ready and...kinda nervous but ready! She wore a plain white skirt, black leggings, and brown boots that went up to her ankles. The clothes that she wore were lightweight and didn’t restrict her movement at all, allowing her to move with agility once she started the practical exam.

Anya had listened intently to Cinema's short announcement, wondering if the people around her would actually hurt one of the other examinees on purpose. Looking at the other students over again as the pro hero read out names, she decided that maybe she was wrong. Some of them appeared dangerous and powerful, looking like they'd hurt others just because they wanted to. Just because they wanted to hurt others. Suddenly, images flashed through her mind. Images of a tall, crazed figure. Of a knife with blood on it. They came and went in a split second.

Without realizing it, she was staring at someone else, her eyes wide. Every muscle in her body was frozen as if she was using her Quirk on herself. It was when the student she was staring at waved at her with a confused look on their face was when Anya snapped out of her thoughts. Trying to go back to her normal appearance, she forced herself to relax and waved back at the other examinee, smiling.

"Anya Tsukuya!"
"H-Here!" she shouted, her hand shooting into the air. Avoiding eye contact with the other student, she bit her lip, digging her fingernails into her palms as she looked at the sky. The images that flashed through her mind reminded her of what happened in the past. She was reminded of why she wanted to become a hero. Reminded of why she wanted to enter U.A. A fire was suddenly lit inside of her. The fire was a combination of determination, excitement, and a powerful desire to succeed.

I'm not going to fail this exam.
Rankei stood near the back of the crowd, watching silently as the other students talked either excitedly or nervously amongst each other. He wore a thin black hoodie, sweatpants, and boots that weren’t tied, three things that he lazily tossed on this morning before training to get ready for the entrance exam. The shadow created by his hood covered his face, warning others against speaking to him. The effect was something he intended to have. From under the shadow, he looked around at the group of students, spotting another person with a red hood on and could only assume that they were trying to conceal their identity. He could see how that could be useful in battle, but he didn’t have his on for the same reason. As he waited for the teacher—if he remembered correctly, his name was Cinema—to show up, he looked calm and controlled. He definitely was on the outside, but couldn't stop his heart from racing, the sound pounding in his ears.

"Welcome everybody!” boomed a voice from above, scaring a few students. Rankei looked up to see Cinema standing there with a megaphone, speaking in an overly joyous voice (in his opinion). He knew that the teacher was trying to scare and/or excite the students with his upbeat announcement about...underwear? Rankei stopped listening when Cinema started talking, half thinking about the exam and the villain bots, half collecting words from the pro hero’s long string of sentences. Mess. Points. Hurt. Examinees. List. Shout ‘here!’

Tch, as if I’d waste my time hurting other students when getting points is the main focus, he thought as the teacher started listing off names. Though that means that I’ll have to be careful. If I use my Quirk recklessly, it’s a possibility that I could hurt someone else. I cannot afford to be reckless now. The group of students became quieter, the only ones that momentarily stood out from the crowd were the ones that shouted “here!” when their name was called. They raised their hands, too, though Rankei didn’t remember Cinema mentioning anything about raising hands.

“Rankei Nagamatsu!”
“Here,” he said loud enough for the teacher to hear but quiet enough to not be shouting. He didn’t raise his hand like the rest of the students, instead crossing his arms as he waited for roll call to end. Cinema called out name after name as the kids around him one after another shouted when they heard theirs. Rankei didn’t try to remember their names or faces, deciding that he’ll only do it if he is accepted into U.A. After all, what’s the point in trying if he might fail and never see them again anyway?

After the announcements and roll call ended, Rankei raised his hand. He had a question and knew that the answer to it will affect the number of points he could get. “Will we get point deductions if we destroy the city on purpose to defeat the bots?”
He hated that his Quirk was dependent on the environment he was in. He also hated how destructive it could be. It was like the world gave him this Quirk because of his desire to be a hero. Obviously, if he became a hero, he couldn’t destroy buildings and streets whenever he wanted to. Even if that meant he got to save someone or defeat a villain. That would make his life hard in the future.

But he wasn't going to back out now.

————

Anya stood near the middle of the group, looking up at the huge brown doors. The entrance exam was today. She was ready for it and had prepared for this day ever since she entered middle school. Before she came, she woke up a few hours after midnight to eat breakfast, train, and plan what she was going to wear. She wasn't normally energetic, but she couldn’t help but feel excitement course through her entire body. She was excited and ready and...kinda nervous but ready! She wore a plain white skirt, black leggings, and brown boots that went up to her ankles. The clothes that she wore were lightweight and didn’t restrict her movement at all, allowing her to move with agility once she started the practical exam.

Anya had listened intently to Cinema's short announcement, wondering if the people around her would actually hurt one of the other examinees on purpose. Looking at the other students over again as the pro hero read out names, she decided that maybe she was wrong. Some of them appeared dangerous and powerful, looking like they'd hurt others just because they wanted to. Just because they wanted to hurt others. Suddenly, images flashed through her mind. Images of a tall, crazed figure. Of a knife with blood on it. They came and went in a split second.

Without realizing it, she was staring at someone else, her eyes wide. Every muscle in her body was frozen as if she was using her Quirk on herself. It was when the student she was staring at waved at her with a confused look on their face was when Anya snapped out of her thoughts. Trying to go back to her normal appearance, she forced herself to relax and waved back at the other examinee, smiling.

"Anya Tsukuya!"
"H-Here!" she shouted, her hand shooting into the air. Avoiding eye contact with the other student, she bit her lip, digging her fingernails into her palms as she looked at the sky. The images that flashed through her mind reminded her of what happened in the past. She was reminded of why she wanted to become a hero. Reminded of why she wanted to enter U.A. A fire was suddenly lit inside of her. The fire was a combination of determination, excitement, and a powerful desire to succeed.

I'm not going to fail this exam.
I'll try to post as soon as I can today @Kamirah I'm very busy today so it will take me a bit before I can. I'll post before the end of today though.
I'll try to post as soon as I can today @Kamirah I'm very busy today so it will take me a bit before I can. I'll post before the end of today though.
HzGpUHb.png
@Kamirah
Alrighty, I'll be posting later today!
Soraha Kaenzoku

Soraha heard her name called, hesitated a second, then shouted "Here,". She stood up. Soraha looked around at all the nervous students mentally preparing themselves. Unlike everyone else here, Sora stood up confidence. She stared blankly and with zero nerves. While everyone else was busy collecting their thoughts, Soraha already knew exactly what to do. Her sister, who also used to attend U.A. had told her all about the exam. Sora knew what was coming. She felt more ready then ever. And for once in a very long time, she smiled.

When she got to the gates, she looked around, observing her competition. Soraha smirked slightly, filled with confidence. She looked down at her hands, planning which moves she would use first. She glanced at the front gates. Soraha couldn't wait to get in and show everyone what she was capable of. With excitement flowing through her veins, she took one deep breath. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6...
@Kamirah
Alrighty, I'll be posting later today!
Soraha Kaenzoku

Soraha heard her name called, hesitated a second, then shouted "Here,". She stood up. Soraha looked around at all the nervous students mentally preparing themselves. Unlike everyone else here, Sora stood up confidence. She stared blankly and with zero nerves. While everyone else was busy collecting their thoughts, Soraha already knew exactly what to do. Her sister, who also used to attend U.A. had told her all about the exam. Sora knew what was coming. She felt more ready then ever. And for once in a very long time, she smiled.

When she got to the gates, she looked around, observing her competition. Soraha smirked slightly, filled with confidence. She looked down at her hands, planning which moves she would use first. She glanced at the front gates. Soraha couldn't wait to get in and show everyone what she was capable of. With excitement flowing through her veins, she took one deep breath. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6...
CLVpsxr.gif
Lana Regimae

Lana shivered and stuck her hands into her armpits. It was chilly today but the cold affected her more than anyone else since she was reptilian to some extent. Being a dragon sounds pretty cool, that is until you have to be out in the cold. This factor made Lana nervous. She moved slower in the cold so she would be at a disadvantage compared to everyone else. Lana's tail swished back and forth, similar to a cat's tail. She would have to breath fire onto herself in order to warm up quickly.

"Lana Regimae," Cinema, the Visual Hero, called. Lana took one hand out of her armpit and called out, "here!" but it was very quiet so only the people around her heard.

Lana looked around at the competition, the sun glinting off her silver tear marks. They all looked pretty tough and ready for what was ahead. She was not ready and panicking on the inside, her twitching tail the only sign of nervousness she had. Lana looked down at her sneakers and waited for the role call to end. A slight breeze blew her hair into her face. Lana brushed it away and continued to shiver as she waited, her tail continuing to twitch.
Lana Regimae

Lana shivered and stuck her hands into her armpits. It was chilly today but the cold affected her more than anyone else since she was reptilian to some extent. Being a dragon sounds pretty cool, that is until you have to be out in the cold. This factor made Lana nervous. She moved slower in the cold so she would be at a disadvantage compared to everyone else. Lana's tail swished back and forth, similar to a cat's tail. She would have to breath fire onto herself in order to warm up quickly.

"Lana Regimae," Cinema, the Visual Hero, called. Lana took one hand out of her armpit and called out, "here!" but it was very quiet so only the people around her heard.

Lana looked around at the competition, the sun glinting off her silver tear marks. They all looked pretty tough and ready for what was ahead. She was not ready and panicking on the inside, her twitching tail the only sign of nervousness she had. Lana looked down at her sneakers and waited for the role call to end. A slight breeze blew her hair into her face. Lana brushed it away and continued to shiver as she waited, her tail continuing to twitch.
HzGpUHb.png
Daryllyn Kanghar

With a silent push of air through her nose, Daryllyn thumped her heavy tail against the ground, a loud sort of thud noise emerging once Cinema had called her name. She mentally wondered if she should've changed her name to something Japanese, but hearing the other applicants be called out, she realized not all were entirely Japanese, like her.
Truly, UA was a top school to attract students from other countries to apply.

Her long furred ears twitched at the quiet mutters of possible students around her, or sounds of their preparement for the practical exam.
She stretched her arms above herself before shaking them out, trying to relax. Her anxiety level was rising a little from all the unknown faces here; she had no mob, no group protection-
Kangaroo instincts.

She squashed down the call for socializing - would anyone even know how to sign like her? - and instead focused on getting her head in the game.
She had to. She had to pass; for her father.

Her brown gaze quickly went back to roaming over the competition; she could take down many things, but she didn't know anyones Quirk - other than the few animal mutants like her - and one mistake to her tail could end the entire exam for her. If she could work with someone, it'd be the best path to success, but it had to be someone who wouldn't injure her tail and could work around her close combat fighting style.

Viola Meredy

Viola, in her civillian form but in her uniform, merely chuckled at the words of the principal and Ayame. She lifted a gloved hand, fingers curling into a fist as she punched the air a bit excitedly.

"Hah! I have an amazing feeling about this group! I already see a few promising students!"

She lowered her hand, a wide grin spread across her face, but with an odd gleam in her eyes one couldn't place.
She watched the screens in interest after the declaration, nodding her head slightly as if she had to confirm her own words to herself.

"Look how determined a few of them already are; some are even approaching each other, or assessing the other exam-takers. We might see some partnerships, or competition. My instincts say we'll have a great show this time around. I'm sure of it."
Daryllyn Kanghar

With a silent push of air through her nose, Daryllyn thumped her heavy tail against the ground, a loud sort of thud noise emerging once Cinema had called her name. She mentally wondered if she should've changed her name to something Japanese, but hearing the other applicants be called out, she realized not all were entirely Japanese, like her.
Truly, UA was a top school to attract students from other countries to apply.

Her long furred ears twitched at the quiet mutters of possible students around her, or sounds of their preparement for the practical exam.
She stretched her arms above herself before shaking them out, trying to relax. Her anxiety level was rising a little from all the unknown faces here; she had no mob, no group protection-
Kangaroo instincts.

She squashed down the call for socializing - would anyone even know how to sign like her? - and instead focused on getting her head in the game.
She had to. She had to pass; for her father.

Her brown gaze quickly went back to roaming over the competition; she could take down many things, but she didn't know anyones Quirk - other than the few animal mutants like her - and one mistake to her tail could end the entire exam for her. If she could work with someone, it'd be the best path to success, but it had to be someone who wouldn't injure her tail and could work around her close combat fighting style.

Viola Meredy

Viola, in her civillian form but in her uniform, merely chuckled at the words of the principal and Ayame. She lifted a gloved hand, fingers curling into a fist as she punched the air a bit excitedly.

"Hah! I have an amazing feeling about this group! I already see a few promising students!"

She lowered her hand, a wide grin spread across her face, but with an odd gleam in her eyes one couldn't place.
She watched the screens in interest after the declaration, nodding her head slightly as if she had to confirm her own words to herself.

"Look how determined a few of them already are; some are even approaching each other, or assessing the other exam-takers. We might see some partnerships, or competition. My instincts say we'll have a great show this time around. I'm sure of it."
29355064p.pngBNy42UW.pnghMGipS8.pngMOfKycX.pngkPEFvxf.png37888884p.png
Vincent Hayes

It was a bit chilly, and the short raven haired teen suddenly regretted not heeding his adoptive mother’s warning about taking his jacket with him, the cool air seemed to penetrate even his thick sweater.

On second thought, maybe the cool feeling was actually the chill down his spine from his nerves as he looked amongst the other people in the room. His mother had advised him to pick someone during the exam to team up with, but they were all so scary looking- and tall.

These people were his competition, and quite frankly he was nervous.
He wasn’t sure how he was going to compare to them when the time came, but he didn’t come here to chicken out at the start, not after so much time filled with working hard, countless days learning how to live rather than merely survive, plenty of time spent on learning what it means to truly have someone to want to do good for.

He wondered about the entrance exam; was it going to be hard? He didn’t have the best academic history in past schooling. Maybe he should’ve studied harder the past five years, instead of sneaking out the window each night to go see the stray cats living in the alley way around the corner from his home.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves, only half paying attention to the Visual Hero talking to them, when he was jerked out of his stupor by the call of his name.

He hurriedly, albeit awkwardly, threw his hand up and called “Here!” before it dawned on him that no one could probably even see him holding his hand up, he quickly slid it back down hurriedly, feeling slightly flustered.

He sighed, and looked about the room again- as best he could, anyway. Who could he team up with? It’d be hard to find someone willing to work with the small fry who cancels out noise, especially considering he wasn’t used to new people and he knew he could come off as an odd choice. He didn’t know how he was supposed to do this, especially considering he didn’t know anyone’s quirk. Maybe he’s best off just sticking to himself?

Vincent Hayes

It was a bit chilly, and the short raven haired teen suddenly regretted not heeding his adoptive mother’s warning about taking his jacket with him, the cool air seemed to penetrate even his thick sweater.

On second thought, maybe the cool feeling was actually the chill down his spine from his nerves as he looked amongst the other people in the room. His mother had advised him to pick someone during the exam to team up with, but they were all so scary looking- and tall.

These people were his competition, and quite frankly he was nervous.
He wasn’t sure how he was going to compare to them when the time came, but he didn’t come here to chicken out at the start, not after so much time filled with working hard, countless days learning how to live rather than merely survive, plenty of time spent on learning what it means to truly have someone to want to do good for.

He wondered about the entrance exam; was it going to be hard? He didn’t have the best academic history in past schooling. Maybe he should’ve studied harder the past five years, instead of sneaking out the window each night to go see the stray cats living in the alley way around the corner from his home.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves, only half paying attention to the Visual Hero talking to them, when he was jerked out of his stupor by the call of his name.

He hurriedly, albeit awkwardly, threw his hand up and called “Here!” before it dawned on him that no one could probably even see him holding his hand up, he quickly slid it back down hurriedly, feeling slightly flustered.

He sighed, and looked about the room again- as best he could, anyway. Who could he team up with? It’d be hard to find someone willing to work with the small fry who cancels out noise, especially considering he wasn’t used to new people and he knew he could come off as an odd choice. He didn’t know how he was supposed to do this, especially considering he didn’t know anyone’s quirk. Maybe he’s best off just sticking to himself?

LIFE WAS GOOD ON HOTDOG S T A N D
screenshot_2018_05_15_02_48_46_1_1_1_1_1_1_by_luckypawpads-dcbipd7.png
((OOC: Any issues with my posts, feel free to message me bout it))

The cold air nipped at ember, who was use to the hot sun of California. She bared it though as cinema was reading out their names to see if they were accounted for, managing by occasionally jogging in place to keep herself warm trying to look like she wasn't bothered by the cold air or the stress. She was both glad and hated the cold weather. She couldn't properly dress for the weather and hated it for that; having Black shorts, a dark red long sleeve exercise shirt, sneakers, grey finger less gloves, and blue swimming goggles around her neck. It was clear on the gloves, sneakers, and goggles that they were worn with use regardless of how well cleaned they looked. She also had a pair of heavy duty winter gloves stuffed away in the pockets of her shorts, which she had begun to consider bearing the embarrassment so she could have warm hands. However she was glad for the cold on one reason, it gave her a perfect excuse to jog in place if she wanted and to cover up her nervousness with chills from the weather.

This was a first for her, to feel this nervous about anything in a long time. On her way reaching this point she had taken it all in stride, not once faltering in whether she could accomplish this or not. Now? Now she realized the scope of her competition. They were some who looked like those from her old school, barely holding it together for what was to come. However they were others, the looks in their eyes told of a thirst that had to be sated. The thirst to be the one who passed this test. She had to shake her doubt though, she knew that it was the reason why her previous competition failed. And knew that if she hoped to come out on top, she needed to throw out all doubt about her abilities.

Continuing to keep herself calm for the task ahead, she had begun to survey the crowd when she was caught off guard by a stare. And not the normal why are you being weird stare that she would expect since she hadn't gotten down all the do's and don'ts of Japanese society. This kind of stare was like patty in her old neighborhood, who in her younger years had a nasty encounter with something since she had a bad tendency to just freeze and stare with wide eyes into nothing for as long as she had known her. Except this wasn't a old homeless woman's stare, but rather one of the other examines, a girl about her age it looked. Ember wasn't absolutely sure if this girl was offended by her lack of courtesy or if something just happened. So after a quick curious look behind her to show nothing interesting, she slowly raised a hand with a confused but small smile in response. To her relief the girl seemed wave back with a quick smile and turned her attention away from her.

Ember sighed and regained her composure as cinema eventually called her name. "Here!" she would had shouted with a hand raised, while her japanese was nearly fluent, her accent made it sound clear that she was no native. Lowering her hand and folding her arms, she began waiting as the rest of the names were being called off for the test to begin. She had also decided that embarrassment was worth keeping warm as slipped on the winter gloves from her pockets. Sure, she could just heat up her hands, but she wanted to save all her strength for what was to come rather soon.
((OOC: Any issues with my posts, feel free to message me bout it))

The cold air nipped at ember, who was use to the hot sun of California. She bared it though as cinema was reading out their names to see if they were accounted for, managing by occasionally jogging in place to keep herself warm trying to look like she wasn't bothered by the cold air or the stress. She was both glad and hated the cold weather. She couldn't properly dress for the weather and hated it for that; having Black shorts, a dark red long sleeve exercise shirt, sneakers, grey finger less gloves, and blue swimming goggles around her neck. It was clear on the gloves, sneakers, and goggles that they were worn with use regardless of how well cleaned they looked. She also had a pair of heavy duty winter gloves stuffed away in the pockets of her shorts, which she had begun to consider bearing the embarrassment so she could have warm hands. However she was glad for the cold on one reason, it gave her a perfect excuse to jog in place if she wanted and to cover up her nervousness with chills from the weather.

This was a first for her, to feel this nervous about anything in a long time. On her way reaching this point she had taken it all in stride, not once faltering in whether she could accomplish this or not. Now? Now she realized the scope of her competition. They were some who looked like those from her old school, barely holding it together for what was to come. However they were others, the looks in their eyes told of a thirst that had to be sated. The thirst to be the one who passed this test. She had to shake her doubt though, she knew that it was the reason why her previous competition failed. And knew that if she hoped to come out on top, she needed to throw out all doubt about her abilities.

Continuing to keep herself calm for the task ahead, she had begun to survey the crowd when she was caught off guard by a stare. And not the normal why are you being weird stare that she would expect since she hadn't gotten down all the do's and don'ts of Japanese society. This kind of stare was like patty in her old neighborhood, who in her younger years had a nasty encounter with something since she had a bad tendency to just freeze and stare with wide eyes into nothing for as long as she had known her. Except this wasn't a old homeless woman's stare, but rather one of the other examines, a girl about her age it looked. Ember wasn't absolutely sure if this girl was offended by her lack of courtesy or if something just happened. So after a quick curious look behind her to show nothing interesting, she slowly raised a hand with a confused but small smile in response. To her relief the girl seemed wave back with a quick smile and turned her attention away from her.

Ember sighed and regained her composure as cinema eventually called her name. "Here!" she would had shouted with a hand raised, while her japanese was nearly fluent, her accent made it sound clear that she was no native. Lowering her hand and folding her arms, she began waiting as the rest of the names were being called off for the test to begin. She had also decided that embarrassment was worth keeping warm as slipped on the winter gloves from her pockets. Sure, she could just heat up her hands, but she wanted to save all her strength for what was to come rather soon.
Camden

The cold was not cool. It wasn't fun, it wasn't neat, it was plain and bitingly ugly and Cam really just wanted curl up near their apartment heater and watch reruns of old noir films.

But, okay. Alright. Okay. Ayt. He'll endure this. He can! He will. What's a little cold? The cardigan he wore was loose enough to not make his quirk inconvenient, and it was blessedly warm enough to not turn him into a farmer's crop at this season. It was good. It was fine. He'll be fine.

Cam sighs and shakes his head, throwing all those negative thoughts around before tossing them into the curb where they belonged. All he should think about was aceing this exam, nothing else mattered right now.

Or, okay. Nearly missing his name in the roll call was a little more important than any sort of ambition. "Ah! Here!" He called, raising his hand and regretting it instantly as the chill bit at him like the one time a pet store bird had nearly bit his finger off for getting too close. Not his best moment, but it had left a pretty neat scar.

This time, Cam tried to follow the faces to the names, sizing up each of the gathered students and trying his best to figure them out. He could probably try this alone, but as much as he willed it not to be, Cam's powers worked best as a support, particularly long ranged. Urging the seeds to burst open would leave him vulnerable, and Cam wasn't doing too good yet on the whole can-I-make-this-grow-if-it-doesn't-touch-the-ground front. Would they grow here in the cold in this new place like they did back home (slowly, weakly, took more out of him than it normally would)? Aaaaagh, did that only leave him with the vines on his body? Maybe he could shoot someone in the eye...

Oh, damn. Who was who? Cam tried to follow where the roll call had continued and tried not to pull at his own hair for getting side tracked, again.

He needed a quick plan. Who would be a good partner? Someone who didn't look like they'd just walked out of a My Chemical Romance collection (he scoffs at the students wearing their jackets hood up; yain't slick). Cam could go for the nervous looking ones, they probably were panicking over who to partner with, it'd be a piece of cake!, but Cam wondered if their jitters would get in the way of the job. There were a few who looked born ready (to trip others to get the upper hand or just a faux sense of cockiness, Cam wasn't sure), and that level of confidence would probably end up with them butting heads and arguing if his partner decided to take command.

Argh. Be nice with the bunny club or suck it up to O Cap'n's here? Cam huffed and rolled his neck. Maybe one of those animal girl infront of him would be a good idea. They looked nervous as hell, but strong nonetheless. Maybe he could weed off of them.

Kira

Not for the first time Kira was wondering how Lisa was doing up there, chilled and furless. All she had on were two measly layers, a cold metal body only bringing in more of the cooling air. Maybe she should have volunteered instead. It would've been a good warm-up too, meeting all these potential students.

The leopard tossed the thought aside and her returned her attention to her colleagues and the livestream infront of them. She let herself smile, all sharp teeth and slanted eyes as she watched the students fidget and glance around. She herself had been nothing but a vibrating ball of anticipation that it had felt like years before her group were finally let loose into the playing field. It had been such a rush, full of excitement and worry, and having to experience it on the otherside brought back those feelings without fail.

"I wanna see how they handle the hostage situation." Kira supplied, leaning forward in intrigue, [/b]"It's always interesting to see what sort of convulated plans the students come up with when faced with that. I just hope they don't destroy Hostagebot too much. Again."[/b]
Camden

The cold was not cool. It wasn't fun, it wasn't neat, it was plain and bitingly ugly and Cam really just wanted curl up near their apartment heater and watch reruns of old noir films.

But, okay. Alright. Okay. Ayt. He'll endure this. He can! He will. What's a little cold? The cardigan he wore was loose enough to not make his quirk inconvenient, and it was blessedly warm enough to not turn him into a farmer's crop at this season. It was good. It was fine. He'll be fine.

Cam sighs and shakes his head, throwing all those negative thoughts around before tossing them into the curb where they belonged. All he should think about was aceing this exam, nothing else mattered right now.

Or, okay. Nearly missing his name in the roll call was a little more important than any sort of ambition. "Ah! Here!" He called, raising his hand and regretting it instantly as the chill bit at him like the one time a pet store bird had nearly bit his finger off for getting too close. Not his best moment, but it had left a pretty neat scar.

This time, Cam tried to follow the faces to the names, sizing up each of the gathered students and trying his best to figure them out. He could probably try this alone, but as much as he willed it not to be, Cam's powers worked best as a support, particularly long ranged. Urging the seeds to burst open would leave him vulnerable, and Cam wasn't doing too good yet on the whole can-I-make-this-grow-if-it-doesn't-touch-the-ground front. Would they grow here in the cold in this new place like they did back home (slowly, weakly, took more out of him than it normally would)? Aaaaagh, did that only leave him with the vines on his body? Maybe he could shoot someone in the eye...

Oh, damn. Who was who? Cam tried to follow where the roll call had continued and tried not to pull at his own hair for getting side tracked, again.

He needed a quick plan. Who would be a good partner? Someone who didn't look like they'd just walked out of a My Chemical Romance collection (he scoffs at the students wearing their jackets hood up; yain't slick). Cam could go for the nervous looking ones, they probably were panicking over who to partner with, it'd be a piece of cake!, but Cam wondered if their jitters would get in the way of the job. There were a few who looked born ready (to trip others to get the upper hand or just a faux sense of cockiness, Cam wasn't sure), and that level of confidence would probably end up with them butting heads and arguing if his partner decided to take command.

Argh. Be nice with the bunny club or suck it up to O Cap'n's here? Cam huffed and rolled his neck. Maybe one of those animal girl infront of him would be a good idea. They looked nervous as hell, but strong nonetheless. Maybe he could weed off of them.

Kira

Not for the first time Kira was wondering how Lisa was doing up there, chilled and furless. All she had on were two measly layers, a cold metal body only bringing in more of the cooling air. Maybe she should have volunteered instead. It would've been a good warm-up too, meeting all these potential students.

The leopard tossed the thought aside and her returned her attention to her colleagues and the livestream infront of them. She let herself smile, all sharp teeth and slanted eyes as she watched the students fidget and glance around. She herself had been nothing but a vibrating ball of anticipation that it had felt like years before her group were finally let loose into the playing field. It had been such a rush, full of excitement and worry, and having to experience it on the otherside brought back those feelings without fail.

"I wanna see how they handle the hostage situation." Kira supplied, leaning forward in intrigue, [/b]"It's always interesting to see what sort of convulated plans the students come up with when faced with that. I just hope they don't destroy Hostagebot too much. Again."[/b]
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15