Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | random urge to learn another language
1 2
does anyone else get random urges to learn new languages? like this morning I really wanted to learn korean, but now I wanna learn Icelandic ,,,,, like pls brain I need to be fluent in Spanish first
does anyone else get random urges to learn new languages? like this morning I really wanted to learn korean, but now I wanna learn Icelandic ,,,,, like pls brain I need to be fluent in Spanish first
:D
@P4810

I'm the same way, I'll listen to a song in some language and immediately it's like "gotta learn it!!". My Duolingo is super full but I've only started like 2 courses :,)
@P4810

I'm the same way, I'll listen to a song in some language and immediately it's like "gotta learn it!!". My Duolingo is super full but I've only started like 2 courses :,)
Haha, yeah. I get that way all the time. I took Spanish 1, and was so pumped. After failing the class, I was like that's too hard! French time! Did a little French while trying to study the super basics of German, Chinese, and Japanese. And now I am trying to just FOCUS on Japanese. lol! With the things I've learned, I now mix up all the languages and remember like, nothing valuable from any of them.

Hello!
Ni Hao!
Guten Tag!
Bonjour!
Konnichiwa!
Hola!
Aloha! (lol! The only Hawaiian I know)
Haha, yeah. I get that way all the time. I took Spanish 1, and was so pumped. After failing the class, I was like that's too hard! French time! Did a little French while trying to study the super basics of German, Chinese, and Japanese. And now I am trying to just FOCUS on Japanese. lol! With the things I've learned, I now mix up all the languages and remember like, nothing valuable from any of them.

Hello!
Ni Hao!
Guten Tag!
Bonjour!
Konnichiwa!
Hola!
Aloha! (lol! The only Hawaiian I know)
I get that a lot and when I actually try - I lose motivation and never finish.
I get that a lot and when I actually try - I lose motivation and never finish.
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
I cant learn spanish to save my life so im learning Japanese instead and its surprisingly easier considering im mexican-american
I cant learn spanish to save my life so im learning Japanese instead and its surprisingly easier considering im mexican-american
VSN.png tidbits:
Tumblr.bisexual_by_con_tag_ious-dbik7q5.png
♦ if you know who this is i love u :)
I've never taken any language classes but recently I've wanted to learn either sign language or spanish(mostly sign language) not just for the sake but for usefulness.

Regardless if very useful or just for fun I commend anybody who has ever learned any language since it seems so daunting to me!
I've never taken any language classes but recently I've wanted to learn either sign language or spanish(mostly sign language) not just for the sake but for usefulness.

Regardless if very useful or just for fun I commend anybody who has ever learned any language since it seems so daunting to me!
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
i would learn every language i can if i had the time and resources for sure, lol... well, learning in general is fun~
i'm currently trying to learn japanese, but i'm hoping to learn some korean someday and feel a bit more attuned to my roots
i would learn every language i can if i had the time and resources for sure, lol... well, learning in general is fun~
i'm currently trying to learn japanese, but i'm hoping to learn some korean someday and feel a bit more attuned to my roots
HDlVg7g.png
Not really random but I've been wanting to learn Russian and Korean or Japanese for quiet some time. If only I had the time for it <. <
Not really random but I've been wanting to learn Russian and Korean or Japanese for quiet some time. If only I had the time for it <. <
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
Hopping on the bandwagon and saying that I kind of really want to learn Japanese! But I also wanna learn Portuguese (Because one of my friends is in a D&D podcast that's only in Portuguese) and French. :,3c

I tried to learn Spanish, wasn't really into it. I can understand some things from the Spanish language....but I failed Spanish 2 (after passing Spanish 1 with a B) in junior year... and just didn't bother with languages in my Senior year. Ahaha.
Hopping on the bandwagon and saying that I kind of really want to learn Japanese! But I also wanna learn Portuguese (Because one of my friends is in a D&D podcast that's only in Portuguese) and French. :,3c

I tried to learn Spanish, wasn't really into it. I can understand some things from the Spanish language....but I failed Spanish 2 (after passing Spanish 1 with a B) in junior year... and just didn't bother with languages in my Senior year. Ahaha.
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
I totally feel this though.

I remember watching videos of polyglots in high school like, "I want to be like them!!!"
But sadly, I'm extremely lazy and lack discipline to study.

I tried learning Norwegian and Swedish, but failed.
Spanish I can understand OK, but can't speak it well.
My Taiwanese friend cut off my Chinese lessons because I was developing a "mainlander" accent and she wanted to strangle me.

So right now, all I've got is English and Japanese. (^^;
I totally feel this though.

I remember watching videos of polyglots in high school like, "I want to be like them!!!"
But sadly, I'm extremely lazy and lack discipline to study.

I tried learning Norwegian and Swedish, but failed.
Spanish I can understand OK, but can't speak it well.
My Taiwanese friend cut off my Chinese lessons because I was developing a "mainlander" accent and she wanted to strangle me.

So right now, all I've got is English and Japanese. (^^;
Vy9KW6B.png
1 2