Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need help, anyone speak Japanese?
I have no clue what forum this fits in :/
So I’m trying to come up with a Japanese name for one of my dragons. Except I kinda want it to translate into English, kinda like Sakura translates to Cherry Blossoms? And online translation isn’t working for me. If possible, how would you say Wolf or Spirit in Japanese?
I have no clue what forum this fits in :/
So I’m trying to come up with a Japanese name for one of my dragons. Except I kinda want it to translate into English, kinda like Sakura translates to Cherry Blossoms? And online translation isn’t working for me. If possible, how would you say Wolf or Spirit in Japanese?
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
I'm only a Japanese I student, but I can tell you that "Wolf" translates into "?kami" (since FR doesn't allow special characters you could put "Ookami"). As for "spirit", I think there are lots of different ways to say it so you should probably find someone more advanced, but my best guess would be to say "Seishin".
I'm only a Japanese I student, but I can tell you that "Wolf" translates into "?kami" (since FR doesn't allow special characters you could put "Ookami"). As for "spirit", I think there are lots of different ways to say it so you should probably find someone more advanced, but my best guess would be to say "Seishin".
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
@ObsidianMage I believe Wolf is Ookami (long o, not sure the sign would be accepted as a name since 'é' didn't work)
What do you mean by "Spirit" tho? The mind? A ghost? ()
@ObsidianMage I believe Wolf is Ookami (long o, not sure the sign would be accepted as a name since 'é' didn't work)
What do you mean by "Spirit" tho? The mind? A ghost? ()
FR+10
He/They/It
Potato Wannabe
Art shop!
-
Raffle!
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
AjJvOSR.png
kAoy8DA.png
@Arupocalypse That actually helps a lot! Thank you. :)
@Arupocalypse That actually helps a lot! Thank you. :)
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage
yeah as others said wolf is ookami
spirit...
ghost = yuurei
soul = tamashii
(holy) spirit = seirei

seishin is more like... if something has a lot of "heart" it's not rly the spirit you're looking for I don't think
@ObsidianMage
yeah as others said wolf is ookami
spirit...
ghost = yuurei
soul = tamashii
(holy) spirit = seirei

seishin is more like... if something has a lot of "heart" it's not rly the spirit you're looking for I don't think
@SpectralKitten yeah, I’m realizing that there are probably a lot of translations for “spirit”. I’m thinking more along “ghost” lines, rather than referring to the mind.
@SpectralKitten yeah, I’m realizing that there are probably a lot of translations for “spirit”. I’m thinking more along “ghost” lines, rather than referring to the mind.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
@ObsidianMage I think the word I had in mind was yuurei (that Surei gave)
@ObsidianMage I think the word I had in mind was yuurei (that Surei gave)
FR+10
He/They/It
Potato Wannabe
Art shop!
-
Raffle!
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
AjJvOSR.png
kAoy8DA.png
@Surei @SpectralKitten
Arigato gozaimasita!