Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Fairground not working on Mac
I've noticed that when I use a Mac at my school, at one point every game in the fairgrounds except Artifracture stop working properly. Like I can't click anything or the mouse is wildly off target, or it wont move at all.
I've played on my home computer, which uses windows, and everything works fine so I guess its just the Mac? I don't know what iOS it is bc it's a school computer, but I use Safari, no other browser will work on this computer
I've noticed that when I use a Mac at my school, at one point every game in the fairgrounds except Artifracture stop working properly. Like I can't click anything or the mouse is wildly off target, or it wont move at all.
I've played on my home computer, which uses windows, and everything works fine so I guess its just the Mac? I don't know what iOS it is bc it's a school computer, but I use Safari, no other browser will work on this computer
@Grayfluff

Usually its safari that is the problem.

On another note: I know people use stuff in ways that they are not supposed to and I realize that different countries have different rules and laws. Are you guys allowed to use a school computer for private stuff and even playing? If not you might want to refrain from doing so. I know the draw to the site is great but it should not be something to get you in trouble with your teachers/school.
@Grayfluff

Usually its safari that is the problem.

On another note: I know people use stuff in ways that they are not supposed to and I realize that different countries have different rules and laws. Are you guys allowed to use a school computer for private stuff and even playing? If not you might want to refrain from doing so. I know the draw to the site is great but it should not be something to get you in trouble with your teachers/school.
@Grayfluff Ditto for me on my Mac. When I first joined the site over a year ago, every thing worked fine. Went down the toilet maybe about 6-8 months ago. My fairgrounds does exactly what you described and my coliseum will play out too by freezing. It is very frustrating and I wish they would fix it because it wasn't always a problem.

@Ismaiel I can't speak for GrayFluff, but sometimes schools will give kids free time where they are allowed to play on the computer. Our local school does that, but they also have lots of blockers on the school computers so FlightRising is blocked anyway.
@Grayfluff Ditto for me on my Mac. When I first joined the site over a year ago, every thing worked fine. Went down the toilet maybe about 6-8 months ago. My fairgrounds does exactly what you described and my coliseum will play out too by freezing. It is very frustrating and I wish they would fix it because it wasn't always a problem.

@Ismaiel I can't speak for GrayFluff, but sometimes schools will give kids free time where they are allowed to play on the computer. Our local school does that, but they also have lots of blockers on the school computers so FlightRising is blocked anyway.
@Ismaiel I dont get on unless im doing nothing in that class, its photography so when we're not actively doing a lesson or im not actively editing i dont have a lot to do so its ok, my teacher doesnt mind as long as we're not busy as a class/have photos to edit. But yeah, @Weyrsong , it does the coliseum does it too, but mostly the not clicking in the right area thing is what happens then.
@Ismaiel I dont get on unless im doing nothing in that class, its photography so when we're not actively doing a lesson or im not actively editing i dont have a lot to do so its ok, my teacher doesnt mind as long as we're not busy as a class/have photos to edit. But yeah, @Weyrsong , it does the coliseum does it too, but mostly the not clicking in the right area thing is what happens then.
@Grayfluff OK, so this probably doesn't help you at school, but I logged on through FireFox and have had zero problems! Seems like it is a Safari issue like others have mentioned.
@Grayfluff OK, so this probably doesn't help you at school, but I logged on through FireFox and have had zero problems! Seems like it is a Safari issue like others have mentioned.