Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star Wars!
I recently started watching a bit of the older star wars movies (like the ones from the 70s), and i had a question.

Now, i know that Luke knew Darth Vader/Anakin was his father (obviously), but did Obi Wan know as well? I think Yoda knew, but he exiled himself to dagobah, so he wasn't gonna tell anyone (again, obviously). Also, a poll, who was your favorite character from the older movies? (so, before Disney bought the rights to it).
I recently started watching a bit of the older star wars movies (like the ones from the 70s), and i had a question.

Now, i know that Luke knew Darth Vader/Anakin was his father (obviously), but did Obi Wan know as well? I think Yoda knew, but he exiled himself to dagobah, so he wasn't gonna tell anyone (again, obviously). Also, a poll, who was your favorite character from the older movies? (so, before Disney bought the rights to it).
Of course he did. He stated that Anakin, Luke's father, was killed by Obi-wan's former padawan, Darth Vader.

It's mentioned in A New Hope when Obi-wan/Luke are in Obi-wan's hut and he's telling Luke about his father.
Of course he did. He stated that Anakin, Luke's father, was killed by Obi-wan's former padawan, Darth Vader.

It's mentioned in A New Hope when Obi-wan/Luke are in Obi-wan's hut and he's telling Luke about his father.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
@Demonically So...Obi wan told luke that anakin was killed by darth vader? (it would be easier to go to youtube, oops)
@Demonically So...Obi wan told luke that anakin was killed by darth vader? (it would be easier to go to youtube, oops)
[quote name="Joshua95" date="2018-03-05 08:33:18" ] who was your favorite character from the older movies? [/quote] Torn between Han Solo and Boba Fett. Most people who know me assume Fett is my top favorite because I'm building a Mandalorian armor costume, but I think Han just edges him out. Ignoring the changes in the Special Edition onward, I liked how Han was originally just this scummy smuggler (because he shot first, not in defense) with pretty much no loyalties except to Chewie, but he grew and became part of something larger and played a rather significant role in the Rebel's victories.
Joshua95 wrote on 2018-03-05 08:33:18:
who was your favorite character from the older movies?

Torn between Han Solo and Boba Fett. Most people who know me assume Fett is my top favorite because I'm building a Mandalorian armor costume, but I think Han just edges him out. Ignoring the changes in the Special Edition onward, I liked how Han was originally just this scummy smuggler (because he shot first, not in defense) with pretty much no loyalties except to Chewie, but he grew and became part of something larger and played a rather significant role in the Rebel's victories.
Formerly known as Brenning.
@Joshua95

Skip to 1:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpJnMVKO6Vo

So, yeah. Obi-wan knew.
@Joshua95

Skip to 1:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpJnMVKO6Vo

So, yeah. Obi-wan knew.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss