Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | The Lore Store [Open - 1 Slot]
1 2 3
@Lup -- my dear, your story is done (as I told you baha) and your new request is added to the list!

There were many doctors who had lost sight of their hopefulness and positivity. When it was your job to save lives, you were often surrounded by misery and death. It was impossible to save every patient, after all. Yet, somehow, Akemi had maintained her bright outlook on life. She had lost patients before, certainly, but she had never let herself fall victim to the despair that she felt so keenly at such a loss. She mourned them, learned from her mistakes, and used her enthusiasm and cheer to inspire those around her.

When she had time away from her duties, Akemi would collect the rare flowers that grew in the fertile land around the volcano. They were beautiful, with orange and red petals that seemed to glow like magma. They were delicate little things found in clusters of five or six and thrived in the heat and sunless wastes of the Blacksand Annex. The petals were paper-thin, long stamens reaching gracefully up and out. The stalks were tall and slim and made for easy pickings, but she had to watch her claws around the delicate glowing petals. When she picked them, she blew on them gently, sending ash swirling into the air.

She always collected four flowers on these expeditions, and would then head to the clan’s graveyard. Kelud was waiting for her when she arrived every time. She always wondered if it was just that he spent too much of his time there, or if he somehow knew she needed him there.

“Kelud!” she greeted cheerily, the four radiant flowers held gently in her paw. He wordlessly nodded in greeting, as was his way, and she butted his forehead with her own affectionately. “Isn’t it a lovely day?” she asked.

Kelud looked around, eyes going from the smoky sky to the lava trickling from the volcano. He looked back at Akemi skeptically.

“I love the way the light looks on days like these,” Akemi continued. The pair began to walk into the graveyard proper as she spoke. “When the sun is really and truly hidden, and everything is lit by the lava. I couldn’t ever see myself living anywhere else, you know?”

They stopped at a grave, and Akemi laid one of the flowers atop it. She smiled sadly at the headstone and closed her eyes. Silent words moved her mouth. She opened her eyes again, and she and Kelud moved on to the next grave.

“This really is the most wonderful place in Sornieth. There aren’t flowers like this anywhere else, not even in the Everbloom Gardens, I’m sure. Have you ever seen anything so lovely?”

She held out the second flower to Kelud so he could inspect it.

“It’s beautiful.”

Akemi nodded and placed the flower on another headstone. Again, her eyes fell closed and she breathed a few inaudible words. They visited two more headstones, Akemi keeping up a steady stream of chatter the whole time. After she had placed the last flower on the last headstone, she looked to Kelud. Her usual chipper smile and twinkling eyes held a look of sadness. Akemi still smiled and looked upon Kelud fondly, but there was a wavering quality to them that was unusual for her.

“Thank you for always doing this with me,” she said.

Kelud shrugged. Her eyes turned from him to sweep over the graveyard, and she took a deep, shuddering breath. When she looked back at Kelud, the sadness had cleared from her eyes, and she could feel herself beginning to return to the bright, happy dragon she was. But sometimes, it was good to sit with the loss and remember.
@Lup -- my dear, your story is done (as I told you baha) and your new request is added to the list!

There were many doctors who had lost sight of their hopefulness and positivity. When it was your job to save lives, you were often surrounded by misery and death. It was impossible to save every patient, after all. Yet, somehow, Akemi had maintained her bright outlook on life. She had lost patients before, certainly, but she had never let herself fall victim to the despair that she felt so keenly at such a loss. She mourned them, learned from her mistakes, and used her enthusiasm and cheer to inspire those around her.

When she had time away from her duties, Akemi would collect the rare flowers that grew in the fertile land around the volcano. They were beautiful, with orange and red petals that seemed to glow like magma. They were delicate little things found in clusters of five or six and thrived in the heat and sunless wastes of the Blacksand Annex. The petals were paper-thin, long stamens reaching gracefully up and out. The stalks were tall and slim and made for easy pickings, but she had to watch her claws around the delicate glowing petals. When she picked them, she blew on them gently, sending ash swirling into the air.

She always collected four flowers on these expeditions, and would then head to the clan’s graveyard. Kelud was waiting for her when she arrived every time. She always wondered if it was just that he spent too much of his time there, or if he somehow knew she needed him there.

“Kelud!” she greeted cheerily, the four radiant flowers held gently in her paw. He wordlessly nodded in greeting, as was his way, and she butted his forehead with her own affectionately. “Isn’t it a lovely day?” she asked.

Kelud looked around, eyes going from the smoky sky to the lava trickling from the volcano. He looked back at Akemi skeptically.

“I love the way the light looks on days like these,” Akemi continued. The pair began to walk into the graveyard proper as she spoke. “When the sun is really and truly hidden, and everything is lit by the lava. I couldn’t ever see myself living anywhere else, you know?”

They stopped at a grave, and Akemi laid one of the flowers atop it. She smiled sadly at the headstone and closed her eyes. Silent words moved her mouth. She opened her eyes again, and she and Kelud moved on to the next grave.

“This really is the most wonderful place in Sornieth. There aren’t flowers like this anywhere else, not even in the Everbloom Gardens, I’m sure. Have you ever seen anything so lovely?”

She held out the second flower to Kelud so he could inspect it.

“It’s beautiful.”

Akemi nodded and placed the flower on another headstone. Again, her eyes fell closed and she breathed a few inaudible words. They visited two more headstones, Akemi keeping up a steady stream of chatter the whole time. After she had placed the last flower on the last headstone, she looked to Kelud. Her usual chipper smile and twinkling eyes held a look of sadness. Akemi still smiled and looked upon Kelud fondly, but there was a wavering quality to them that was unusual for her.

“Thank you for always doing this with me,” she said.

Kelud shrugged. Her eyes turned from him to sweep over the graveyard, and she took a deep, shuddering breath. When she looked back at Kelud, the sadness had cleared from her eyes, and she could feel herself beginning to return to the bright, happy dragon she was. But sometimes, it was good to sit with the loss and remember.
MKKKxbo.png
@jennaflare
What would I do without your writing? <3 thanks bud.
@jennaflare
What would I do without your writing? <3 thanks bud.
P5MyLHe.png -She/Her
+3 FR time
-ENTJ-A
-Art Shop
Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.
WxjbFq8.png
@GhostBeach -- Tobi's bio is done! Word count is 500, so send a CR for 25kt and I'll post it & then accept the CR!
@GhostBeach -- Tobi's bio is done! Word count is 500, so send a CR for 25kt and I'll post it & then accept the CR!
MKKKxbo.png
@jennaflare [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17928126] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179282/17928126_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Username:[/b] Ririterasu [b]Dragon:[/b] Mink (The Black Fang) [b]Personality:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=106498&tab=dragon&did=17928126]Dragon Bio[/url] [b]Background:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=106498&tab=dragon&did=17928126]Dragon Bio[/url] [b]Type:[/b] Short Story [b]Prompt:[/b] Seastorm Aftermath [b]Word Count:[/b] 1500 words or less (75kt budget) [b]Other:[/b] I'd possibly like a short story about my pirate crew after having gone through a seastorm. The whole Page 5 of my lair makes up the crew, and the first half of dragons have their personality written out in all their bios for viewing. Dragon focuses would be Mink, Vane and Yvette since they're the more important ones in the crew, and if you can squeeze in anyone else that'd be awesome. If you need anymore info, I'd be happy to provide!
@jennaflare

17928126_350.png

Username: Ririterasu
Dragon: Mink (The Black Fang)
Personality: Dragon Bio
Background: Dragon Bio
Type: Short Story
Prompt: Seastorm Aftermath
Word Count: 1500 words or less (75kt budget)
Other: I'd possibly like a short story about my pirate crew after having gone through a seastorm. The whole Page 5 of my lair makes up the crew, and the first half of dragons have their personality written out in all their bios for viewing. Dragon focuses would be Mink, Vane and Yvette since they're the more important ones in the crew, and if you can squeeze in anyone else that'd be awesome. If you need anymore info, I'd be happy to provide!
G3lWjXU.pngIZtEKVk.png
@Ghostbeach -- Here you go! If there's anything you don't like or isn't accurate, give me a holler and I'll change it!

Tobi was originally from the Shadow flight, but he was recruited to Arcane by Dynasty. He was naturally suited to medical work; he had a big heart and always wanted others to be healthy and happy. Becoming a medic was a natural progression for his personality. Tobi found the work extremely fulfilling. Bringing dragons back from the brink of death with the sound of fighting ringing in his ears was both rewarding and exhilarating. He was a deeply kind and caring dragon, and saving lives had always been his favorite part of medicine. He was the kind of dragon that knew everyone’s names, and when passing them on a walk would always stop and ask how their injuries were healing.

Tobi began his medical alchemy training as soon as he was old enough to read. He read extensively on the different properties of plants and other substances used in the field until his mentor found him knowledgeable enough to enter the lab itself. Tobi’s passion and curiosity fueled his training; his mentor was amazed by what such a young dragon was capable of accomplishing. By his young adulthood, Tobi knew more about medical alchemy than just about anybody, but he had no outlet for his skills. He knew that he could make a difference in the world, if only the right cause to throw his weight behind came along. When Dynasty offered him a place in the elite guard, Tobi knew it was his chance to put his skills to use.

The elite guard team Tobi was recruited into was made up of impressive fighters, and Tobi got along well with all of them. Of his new colleagues, though, Tobi was closest to RyuJeHong and Dynasty. Dynasty was a good leader, which Tobi had much respect for. He and Tobi shared a deep compassionate streak, and their mutual love and empathy for the world united them strongly. RyuJeHong’s love of writing resonated deeply with Tobi’s love of quiet, personal introspection, and they made for fast friends.

Tobi knew many things. He loved to read and learn due to a naturally curious nature, and he could have intelligent conversation with anyone on almost any subject. He was always happy to help others learn, too, and he was fond of giving lectures while flitting about, head fans wiggling to and fro excitedly. Usually, people grew bored of the monotone monologue and would change the subject after a few minutes.

Tobi knew many things, including things that were not found in books. His curiosity extended to the world around him. He knew much about local wildlife, the flora found in the area, and his friends. Were Tobi any less kind, he would have been the king of the gossip mill. He never would be in this world, though, because he only ever learned about his friends to help them, never to hurt them. He knew the darkest parts of each of them, and they told him because they knew he would never tell.
@Ghostbeach -- Here you go! If there's anything you don't like or isn't accurate, give me a holler and I'll change it!

Tobi was originally from the Shadow flight, but he was recruited to Arcane by Dynasty. He was naturally suited to medical work; he had a big heart and always wanted others to be healthy and happy. Becoming a medic was a natural progression for his personality. Tobi found the work extremely fulfilling. Bringing dragons back from the brink of death with the sound of fighting ringing in his ears was both rewarding and exhilarating. He was a deeply kind and caring dragon, and saving lives had always been his favorite part of medicine. He was the kind of dragon that knew everyone’s names, and when passing them on a walk would always stop and ask how their injuries were healing.

Tobi began his medical alchemy training as soon as he was old enough to read. He read extensively on the different properties of plants and other substances used in the field until his mentor found him knowledgeable enough to enter the lab itself. Tobi’s passion and curiosity fueled his training; his mentor was amazed by what such a young dragon was capable of accomplishing. By his young adulthood, Tobi knew more about medical alchemy than just about anybody, but he had no outlet for his skills. He knew that he could make a difference in the world, if only the right cause to throw his weight behind came along. When Dynasty offered him a place in the elite guard, Tobi knew it was his chance to put his skills to use.

The elite guard team Tobi was recruited into was made up of impressive fighters, and Tobi got along well with all of them. Of his new colleagues, though, Tobi was closest to RyuJeHong and Dynasty. Dynasty was a good leader, which Tobi had much respect for. He and Tobi shared a deep compassionate streak, and their mutual love and empathy for the world united them strongly. RyuJeHong’s love of writing resonated deeply with Tobi’s love of quiet, personal introspection, and they made for fast friends.

Tobi knew many things. He loved to read and learn due to a naturally curious nature, and he could have intelligent conversation with anyone on almost any subject. He was always happy to help others learn, too, and he was fond of giving lectures while flitting about, head fans wiggling to and fro excitedly. Usually, people grew bored of the monotone monologue and would change the subject after a few minutes.

Tobi knew many things, including things that were not found in books. His curiosity extended to the world around him. He knew much about local wildlife, the flora found in the area, and his friends. Were Tobi any less kind, he would have been the king of the gossip mill. He never would be in this world, though, because he only ever learned about his friends to help them, never to hurt them. He knew the darkest parts of each of them, and they told him because they knew he would never tell.
MKKKxbo.png
@Ririterasu -- Thanks so much for your interest, I'll add you to the list!
@Ririterasu -- Thanks so much for your interest, I'll add you to the list!
MKKKxbo.png
@jennaflare I've never purchased lore before but,,, I'm hoping reading other's lore of my own dragons will inspire me! And your writing looks very pleasant so heck yes! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38535086] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385351/38535086_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Username:[/b]GladeLockwood [b]Dragon:[/b] Auxilium (Means 'Help' in latin) [b]Personality:[/b] I don't entirely have something set out, so this is flexible!! but here's some words to help: Gloomy(Pessimist), Distrustful, Compassionate/Empathetic, Anxious, Shy/Reserved, Meek [b]Background:[/b] Her father was arrogant and highly self-concerned, she didn't much-needed attention as a child. Therefore, she easily swooned over [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=315351&tab=dragon&did=38207906]Ece[/url], the first dragon to really make her feel wanted, to make her feel special, her first lover. They had a really good thing going on, mutually in love with one another, just.. puppy love, except maybe it would have lasted forever. She used to be a bit more confident and outspoken back then-- but she witnessed Ece murder another dragon. No one aside from herself, knows Ece did this. She is still with Ece, but is afraid of him, though she does her best to not show it.. She is selectively mute, and is fairly withdrawn from the clan, mostly only seen with Ece-- even though she rarely speaks a word to him nowadays. I'm not going to go too into detail but this is the basic info! If you need more information, I'd be happy to provide! [b]Type:[/b] Something similar to Kelud's style, in your examples. Descriptive, mostly thoughts of the past, third person. [b]Prompt:[/b] I would like for her to be.. thinking of the past. Thinking of back before ""it"" happened (she refers to the murder as""it""), back when they were in love. Whispers of sweet nothings, happier days, just some angsty reflecting from her pov. Wondering how things could've been, maybe longing for those days, wondering how it would have been if she hadn't seen.. that one thing.. insert a sad dragon sigh here [b]Word Count:[/b] Is something around 700 words plausible? That'd be 35kt I believe? Aaaa correct me if I'm wrong !! [b]Other:[/b] Again, she's thinkin' of the past, lost in her own thoughts (she almost always is). Sad, regretful tone, angst. Some small splashes of happier things, like remembering those sweet times they'd had, but ultimately nothing can be changed, this is her life now and [i]things will never be the same..[/i] ..On a different note, I hope this request is okay! I would like to clarify that I don't need anything on the whole murder bit 'n whatnot! Just sad angsty 'what it could have been' junk! Maybe mentions of how she used to love him so dearly and now, man, she can barely stand to look at him.. But yeah! Feel free to hmu if you have any questions orz
@jennaflare
I've never purchased lore before but,,, I'm hoping reading other's lore of my own dragons will inspire me! And your writing looks very pleasant so heck yes!

38535086_350.png

Username:GladeLockwood

Dragon: Auxilium (Means 'Help' in latin)

Personality: I don't entirely have something set out, so this is flexible!! but here's some words to help: Gloomy(Pessimist), Distrustful, Compassionate/Empathetic, Anxious, Shy/Reserved, Meek

Background: Her father was arrogant and highly self-concerned, she didn't much-needed attention as a child. Therefore, she easily swooned over Ece, the first dragon to really make her feel wanted, to make her feel special, her first lover. They had a really good thing going on, mutually in love with one another, just.. puppy love, except maybe it would have lasted forever. She used to be a bit more confident and outspoken back then-- but she witnessed Ece murder another dragon. No one aside from herself, knows Ece did this. She is still with Ece, but is afraid of him, though she does her best to not show it.. She is selectively mute, and is fairly withdrawn from the clan, mostly only seen with Ece-- even though she rarely speaks a word to him nowadays. I'm not going to go too into detail but this is the basic info! If you need more information, I'd be happy to provide!

Type: Something similar to Kelud's style, in your examples. Descriptive, mostly thoughts of the past, third person.

Prompt: I would like for her to be.. thinking of the past. Thinking of back before ""it"" happened (she refers to the murder as""it""), back when they were in love. Whispers of sweet nothings, happier days, just some angsty reflecting from her pov. Wondering how things could've been, maybe longing for those days, wondering how it would have been if she hadn't seen.. that one thing.. insert a sad dragon sigh here

Word Count: Is something around 700 words plausible? That'd be 35kt I believe? Aaaa correct me if I'm wrong !!

Other: Again, she's thinkin' of the past, lost in her own thoughts (she almost always is). Sad, regretful tone, angst. Some small splashes of happier things, like remembering those sweet times they'd had, but ultimately nothing can be changed, this is her life now and things will never be the same.. ..On a different note, I hope this request is okay! I would like to clarify that I don't need anything on the whole murder bit 'n whatnot! Just sad angsty 'what it could have been' junk! Maybe mentions of how she used to love him so dearly and now, man, she can barely stand to look at him.. But yeah! Feel free to hmu if you have any questions orz
Hi!! I'll put something more interesting here... someday...
Hey @GladeLockwood I'm adding you to the list! :D
Hey @GladeLockwood I'm adding you to the list! :D
MKKKxbo.png
@jennaflare [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30341049] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303411/30341049_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Username:[/b]GhostBeach [b]Dragon:[/b] Gambler! [b]Personality:[/b] Very friendly, nerdy, he's still young, so he's still got a little childishness to him [b]Background:[/b] He was recruited in by Tobi, who took him under his wing to be his apprentice in the medical field! [b]Type:[/b] You wront for Tobi before and I loved it, so perhaps something along that line? [b]Word Count:[/b] 300 - 400? [b]Other:[/b]He was an only child, very spoiled, he's got that sort of book / game /comic book nerd kind of aura to him. He's bestfriends with gido, the DPS / scout of the clan
@jennaflare

30341049_350.png

Username:GhostBeach
Dragon: Gambler!
Personality: Very friendly, nerdy, he's still young, so he's still got a little childishness to him
Background: He was recruited in by Tobi, who took him under his wing to be his apprentice in the medical field!
Type: You wront for Tobi before and I loved it, so perhaps something along that line?
Word Count: 300 - 400?
Other:He was an only child, very spoiled, he's got that sort of book / game /comic book nerd kind of aura to him. He's bestfriends with gido, the DPS / scout of the clan
Need an Arcane nest to rent? 1000t/10g
tumblr_p7tmq14ASh1wvdtbzo1_540.gif
1 2 3