Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Horribly Offensive Advertisements
1 2 3
Haha, I was not getting this ad at first but now I am. I wonder if I visited this topic so it picked up the words. But honestly, this doesn't bother me so much as the increasing load of popup ones. First it was just "Your browser is out of date" ones but there's a whole host of them today, and one I didn't auto close was asking to download a file.

They definitely got a bad bunch in there - I swear there used to be a topic for ad reporting. Either it's gone or I've gone blind.
Haha, I was not getting this ad at first but now I am. I wonder if I visited this topic so it picked up the words. But honestly, this doesn't bother me so much as the increasing load of popup ones. First it was just "Your browser is out of date" ones but there's a whole host of them today, and one I didn't auto close was asking to download a file.

They definitely got a bad bunch in there - I swear there used to be a topic for ad reporting. Either it's gone or I've gone blind.
Unfortunately, the reason why League of Angels, Wartune, etc. ads show up here is that technically this site is considered a sort of online game. League of Angels is also considered an "online game" by the software the generates the ads.

So for the same reason you'd get ads for cars after searching for tools, you get ads for online games because you play another online game.

They just happen to be extremely awful ads, because a large part of the people that play online games are 18+ males, and so the companies that make the advertisements try to make those ads appealing to that group as possible.

*shudders*

I just wish there was a way to remove them from popping up entirely, but those advertising companies usually have them redirect through many different places, so even if the admins remove a particular incarnation of and ad by blocking what it leads to, the ad companies just make an ad that uses the same image but a different "middle man" redirecting site.

If you look through the advertising report thread, you'll know what I mean by that.
Unfortunately, the reason why League of Angels, Wartune, etc. ads show up here is that technically this site is considered a sort of online game. League of Angels is also considered an "online game" by the software the generates the ads.

So for the same reason you'd get ads for cars after searching for tools, you get ads for online games because you play another online game.

They just happen to be extremely awful ads, because a large part of the people that play online games are 18+ males, and so the companies that make the advertisements try to make those ads appealing to that group as possible.

*shudders*

I just wish there was a way to remove them from popping up entirely, but those advertising companies usually have them redirect through many different places, so even if the admins remove a particular incarnation of and ad by blocking what it leads to, the ad companies just make an ad that uses the same image but a different "middle man" redirecting site.

If you look through the advertising report thread, you'll know what I mean by that.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
We're looking into these reports as they come in, please post your reports in the tracked thread. Thank you!
We're looking into these reports as they come in, please post your reports in the tracked thread. Thank you!
1 2 3