Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Wicca/witchcraft
Hi there.

So today I stumbled across Wicca for the so-manieth time in my life, and this time I decided to 'listen' and look into it.
And, being my impulsive self, I immediately bought an ebook about it (WITCH by Lisa Lister) and started to read. Now, I have to say: it felt like stepping into a warm bath. I've only read the introduction to the book, and it's like this person that I used to be, which is still somewhere deep inside of me, woke up. I can't believe I ever stopped nurturing her and kinda quit believing in her.
I've always been fascinated by nature, especially the true wild places - I love the mountains - and the places where you least expect to find it. How amazing is it when you see grass growing through cracks of concrete?!

Anyway, drifting away from my original point here.

I've decided to dive into the wondrous world of witchcraft, and possibly wicca. From what I found out so far, that seems to be the branch/religion I feel most comfortable with. Like it suits me best.

Are there any witches out here? Do you have any pointers or info for the starting witch? Maybe useful books or websites?

I'm from Holland so if you know anything about the witch community over here, please let me know!

Thank you so much!
Marley
Hi there.

So today I stumbled across Wicca for the so-manieth time in my life, and this time I decided to 'listen' and look into it.
And, being my impulsive self, I immediately bought an ebook about it (WITCH by Lisa Lister) and started to read. Now, I have to say: it felt like stepping into a warm bath. I've only read the introduction to the book, and it's like this person that I used to be, which is still somewhere deep inside of me, woke up. I can't believe I ever stopped nurturing her and kinda quit believing in her.
I've always been fascinated by nature, especially the true wild places - I love the mountains - and the places where you least expect to find it. How amazing is it when you see grass growing through cracks of concrete?!

Anyway, drifting away from my original point here.

I've decided to dive into the wondrous world of witchcraft, and possibly wicca. From what I found out so far, that seems to be the branch/religion I feel most comfortable with. Like it suits me best.

Are there any witches out here? Do you have any pointers or info for the starting witch? Maybe useful books or websites?

I'm from Holland so if you know anything about the witch community over here, please let me know!

Thank you so much!
Marley
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo3_250.pngxkssoy.jpg
I'm an eclectic witch, not a Wiccan (I dabbled a bit in that, though...I know a little bit). Some advice: Stay away from anything by Silver Ravenwolf. Her work is full of misinformation.

As for sites, I tend to stay away from most of them but the witchcraft tag on Tumblr has some surprisingly good information for being tumblr-sourced. Just ignore the aesthetic pictures and such.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know, feel free to message me...or just ask me here :)
I'm an eclectic witch, not a Wiccan (I dabbled a bit in that, though...I know a little bit). Some advice: Stay away from anything by Silver Ravenwolf. Her work is full of misinformation.

As for sites, I tend to stay away from most of them but the witchcraft tag on Tumblr has some surprisingly good information for being tumblr-sourced. Just ignore the aesthetic pictures and such.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know, feel free to message me...or just ask me here :)
tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kxok3t1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.png

rgnS7xV.gif
@Marley93

We actually have a Wicca/Witchcraft Hub right on here!

I primarily do Rune magic, using them for divination, talisman, spell casting, that sort of thing.

I like to see most witches get into the Craft with their love for nature. I myself have always had a strong connection to it, and even if that wasn't the specific reason I got into I still use a lot of it for my craft.

I suggest if you are interested in Wicca you start doing a lot of research into that religion, look for official online communities. It is, all things considering, a decently structured religion, so good online resources aren't too hard to find.
@Marley93

We actually have a Wicca/Witchcraft Hub right on here!

I primarily do Rune magic, using them for divination, talisman, spell casting, that sort of thing.

I like to see most witches get into the Craft with their love for nature. I myself have always had a strong connection to it, and even if that wasn't the specific reason I got into I still use a lot of it for my craft.

I suggest if you are interested in Wicca you start doing a lot of research into that religion, look for official online communities. It is, all things considering, a decently structured religion, so good online resources aren't too hard to find.
@lizardking Oh awesome! Im gonna reed through the hub tonight.

I’ve decided on doing more online research tomorrow, and hit the library the day after that. It’s just so much when you look at it broadly. Maybe I’ll just kinda chart it all out. :)

@animusferox I still have an old tumblr account, I think. Though I should be able to use the search function without being logged in, right?
@lizardking Oh awesome! Im gonna reed through the hub tonight.

I’ve decided on doing more online research tomorrow, and hit the library the day after that. It’s just so much when you look at it broadly. Maybe I’ll just kinda chart it all out. :)

@animusferox I still have an old tumblr account, I think. Though I should be able to use the search function without being logged in, right?
@Marley93

I get the intimidation of just soo much information to sort though, sadly although I have a lot of good sources up my sleeves for a lot of things, Wicca isn't one of them.

Going to the library sounds like a lot of fun, I love going to my library's "Occult" section, even though it does tend to have some very misinformed books lol

It can take a long time to take it all in, but I say the longer you spend on research the better you come out for your craft. I love taking notes, and think charting it all out in a notebook can be an awesome way to start.
@Marley93

I get the intimidation of just soo much information to sort though, sadly although I have a lot of good sources up my sleeves for a lot of things, Wicca isn't one of them.

Going to the library sounds like a lot of fun, I love going to my library's "Occult" section, even though it does tend to have some very misinformed books lol

It can take a long time to take it all in, but I say the longer you spend on research the better you come out for your craft. I love taking notes, and think charting it all out in a notebook can be an awesome way to start.
@Marley93

You can search without an account, yes.
@Marley93

You can search without an account, yes.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kxok3t1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.png

rgnS7xV.gif
Alright, great excuse for a new notebook then! :D
Soak up allllll the information!! (The Ravenclaw inside me is so happy rn)
Alright, great excuse for a new notebook then! :D
Soak up allllll the information!! (The Ravenclaw inside me is so happy rn)