Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upvote Dragons/Forum Posts
1 2
@Jemadar

Hm, I think I do see your point! I don't think I considered many of the negative outcomes. So over the course of the day, I thought maybe instead of a like function for dragon bios, a comment section? One under each dragon perhaps? I do agree that having even a limited upvote system, at least on this site, could spiral into chaos now that you mention it. But truely, I really would like a way to show my appreciation for other dragons without laboriously flipping back and forth between tabs just to comment on their lair's page.

So I think a comments section under each dragon would be a perfect hybrid that would encourage discussion and avoid becoming a currency/status symbol.
@Jemadar

Hm, I think I do see your point! I don't think I considered many of the negative outcomes. So over the course of the day, I thought maybe instead of a like function for dragon bios, a comment section? One under each dragon perhaps? I do agree that having even a limited upvote system, at least on this site, could spiral into chaos now that you mention it. But truely, I really would like a way to show my appreciation for other dragons without laboriously flipping back and forth between tabs just to comment on their lair's page.

So I think a comments section under each dragon would be a perfect hybrid that would encourage discussion and avoid becoming a currency/status symbol.
tumblr_orm7md5x0C1so7rxko1_500.png
@moustachegator

I am actually for a like system for dragons, but with restrictions.

However, a comment section would be even worse in my opinion. For one thing, not everyone wants comments on their dragons, so the ability to turn it off would still need to be there.

This also has the problem of the potential for sellers to come onto the dragon's bio and make comments (such as I am so glad you bought my dragon! when the dragon is fodder. I understand some already do on the profile comments, so this would be simply another place to have to search and keep clean)

Also, it would be another place to be potentially moderated (okay at most 200 places for each lair unless they raise the cap) to make sure that people aren't putting stuff they shouldn't.

It would also be yet another place to have information stored.

I did think of a compromise to this, where each dragon would get a 'comment' symbol that would take the user to a different page (or popup window that would post to a different page) where all the comments for all the dragons would be seen.

Perhaps have two tabs on this: one for comments recieved, and one for comments given, so that the user could easily find dragons they commented upon.

I imagine it being fairly basic, where there would be the user avatar on the left, the comment in between, with a small image of the dragon on the right of the comment (a clickable link).

Naturally these comments would have 'reply' which would take the user to the page of the commentor, delete etc.. for the user to keep the page 'tidy'
@moustachegator

I am actually for a like system for dragons, but with restrictions.

However, a comment section would be even worse in my opinion. For one thing, not everyone wants comments on their dragons, so the ability to turn it off would still need to be there.

This also has the problem of the potential for sellers to come onto the dragon's bio and make comments (such as I am so glad you bought my dragon! when the dragon is fodder. I understand some already do on the profile comments, so this would be simply another place to have to search and keep clean)

Also, it would be another place to be potentially moderated (okay at most 200 places for each lair unless they raise the cap) to make sure that people aren't putting stuff they shouldn't.

It would also be yet another place to have information stored.

I did think of a compromise to this, where each dragon would get a 'comment' symbol that would take the user to a different page (or popup window that would post to a different page) where all the comments for all the dragons would be seen.

Perhaps have two tabs on this: one for comments recieved, and one for comments given, so that the user could easily find dragons they commented upon.

I imagine it being fairly basic, where there would be the user avatar on the left, the comment in between, with a small image of the dragon on the right of the comment (a clickable link).

Naturally these comments would have 'reply' which would take the user to the page of the commentor, delete etc.. for the user to keep the page 'tidy'

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Oh, that's a good idea too! Sorry I'm being so basic and generic with my suggestions, but I guess if it inspires more conversation like this, it's all worth it right?

I think the FR team will definitely come up with some sort of well-thought solution to this problem either way tbh. Still waiting on those keyboard controls for the coli though lmaoo
@Jemadar

Oh, that's a good idea too! Sorry I'm being so basic and generic with my suggestions, but I guess if it inspires more conversation like this, it's all worth it right?

I think the FR team will definitely come up with some sort of well-thought solution to this problem either way tbh. Still waiting on those keyboard controls for the coli though lmaoo
@moustachegator

no worries, as long as you get your ideas across, that is really all that matters :)

Yeah, the FR team does seem real good, at least in my opinion, of taking ideas on the forums and making them work (look at the AH revamp <3 still love that one) and they seem willing to listen as well. (not on everything but...)

Yeah, I can't wait to see the new coliseum. Hopefully it is coming soon. I also can't wait for the genes coming in the coliseum (or the genes previewed in that one thread... pinstripe and whatever the companion is)
@moustachegator

no worries, as long as you get your ideas across, that is really all that matters :)

Yeah, the FR team does seem real good, at least in my opinion, of taking ideas on the forums and making them work (look at the AH revamp <3 still love that one) and they seem willing to listen as well. (not on everything but...)

Yeah, I can't wait to see the new coliseum. Hopefully it is coming soon. I also can't wait for the genes coming in the coliseum (or the genes previewed in that one thread... pinstripe and whatever the companion is)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@jemadar

FORREAL The AH revamp was one of the best updates on the site to date tbh.So useful, so efficient. I don't think the new coli will disappoint if the AH is anything to go off of!
@jemadar

FORREAL The AH revamp was one of the best updates on the site to date tbh.So useful, so efficient. I don't think the new coli will disappoint if the AH is anything to go off of!
I like this idea in suggestion forums since we can't just say
"no support" or "support"
I like this idea in suggestion forums since we can't just say
"no support" or "support"
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
[quote name="BezimiennyRaptor" date=2018-01-23 05:06:36] I'd be too anxious to post anything if there'd be an upvode / downvote option [/quote] [center][color=brown]eeueeh yeah, same here. i HATE like features on almost any site and i def don't want it here. i would just stop talking as much as i do. only thing i can support if it was just used on the suggestion forums, but even that is neutral.
BezimiennyRaptor wrote on 2018-01-23:
I'd be too anxious to post anything if there'd be an upvode / downvote option
eeueeh yeah, same here. i HATE like features on almost any site and i def don't want it here. i would just stop talking as much as i do.

only thing i can support if it was just used on the suggestion forums, but even that is neutral.
1 2