Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | LF Artist for Large Project
Hi! So, I need an artist to help me make a base for a closed species I created.

For those who don't know, a base is a transparent lineart where parts can be swapped out and are interchangeable. For instance, there are a lot of dog bases you can download with different ear and tail options; you just hide or show different layers to get to what you want.

The creature I'm making is called a Likoi (might change the name) and it's a sort of magical...familiar...cat...thing. Dude, I dunno, it's a work in progress.

Basically, they're a semi-hairless cat (modeled and named after the Lykoi cat breed) which are mostly hairless on their faces and lower legs and sometimes tails. Likoi have either 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 eyes; myth says that the more eyes they have, the more powerful they are. Their "odd eye", the one in the middle, can act independently of the others, sometimes staying closed as they look around or staying open when the rest of the eyes blink. Their bodies are also extremely potent as ingredients for healing spells and potions; because if this, they were driven near to extinction in around 1500, though now they're common enough to be pets, usually owned by witches, wizards, and other magical beings. People also say that they have the ability to protect those they care about by causing them to avoid dangerous situations and giving them good luck, though that's never been proved.

Options are:

3 eyes is common, 5 is uncommon, 7 is rare. 9 is "godly", almost never happens. Same with 1. They never have an even number.

Eyes will need 5 layers.

Their fur colors cover the full range of natural colors and patterns as seen on any mammal species. Feline colors and patterns are most common, while canine patterns are uncommon and other mammal patterns, such a deer or okapi, are rare.

For the fur, a bare face is common and a furred face is uncommon. Bare ears and furred ears are both common. Extra fluff inside the ear is uncommon. A furred neck is common, a bare neck is uncommon, and an extra-fluffy neck is rare. Furred legs and legs that are bare on the bottom half are both common; fully bare legs are uncommon. A ridge of longer fur down the spine is uncommon or rare depending on how long it is. A furred tail is common, a bare tail is uncommon, and a fluffy tail is rare.

Fur options will need 17 layers (ouch. Wow. I didn't realize how much that was until I counted.)

Some likoi have small horns: single-pronged horns are uncommon, while ram or multi-pronged horns like deer antlers are rare.

Horns will be 5 layers, probably. This is flexible.

Likoi can also have a second set of ears (rare), a second tail (uncommon) or split tail (rare), and 6 legs (rare).

These options amount to 10 layers (based on different levels of fur on the ears and tails.)

Their sizes range from a typical house cat (common), to a medium sized dog (uncommon), to a "petite" or "toy" likoi (rare) which is as small as a normal 4-6 week old kitten.

No extra layers for this, I'll just note their size on their ref sheets.

For teeth, normal cat fangs are common, longer fangs are uncommon, and tusks are rare. Claws are always retractable; a longer "raptor claw" on the hind feet is rare. A normal cat tongue is common, a longer tongue is uncommon, and a split tongue is rare.

And that's another 8 layers.

So in total, it's the base drawing, plus another 45 partial layers. That seems like a lot (and, okay, it kinda is) but remember that these layers only each have a very small bit of line art on them, and you won't have to redraw poses or anything like that.

I'm willing to pay gems or a combined payment of gems and USD. I also have 3 nocturne eggs and 2 first-gen unbred nocturnes I can throw in as well.

I am going to be SUPER PICKY about art and artists for this, because I'll be using this for a long time! (I'm probably going to sell the critters super cheap, so I won't be getting much back from it, but hey, it's fun anyways!)

I can provide a LOT of sketches for this project, so don't worry that you're going to be going off descriptions. Not at all.

Please ping me with examples and how much you'd charge for a project like this!
Hi! So, I need an artist to help me make a base for a closed species I created.

For those who don't know, a base is a transparent lineart where parts can be swapped out and are interchangeable. For instance, there are a lot of dog bases you can download with different ear and tail options; you just hide or show different layers to get to what you want.

The creature I'm making is called a Likoi (might change the name) and it's a sort of magical...familiar...cat...thing. Dude, I dunno, it's a work in progress.

Basically, they're a semi-hairless cat (modeled and named after the Lykoi cat breed) which are mostly hairless on their faces and lower legs and sometimes tails. Likoi have either 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 eyes; myth says that the more eyes they have, the more powerful they are. Their "odd eye", the one in the middle, can act independently of the others, sometimes staying closed as they look around or staying open when the rest of the eyes blink. Their bodies are also extremely potent as ingredients for healing spells and potions; because if this, they were driven near to extinction in around 1500, though now they're common enough to be pets, usually owned by witches, wizards, and other magical beings. People also say that they have the ability to protect those they care about by causing them to avoid dangerous situations and giving them good luck, though that's never been proved.

Options are:

3 eyes is common, 5 is uncommon, 7 is rare. 9 is "godly", almost never happens. Same with 1. They never have an even number.

Eyes will need 5 layers.

Their fur colors cover the full range of natural colors and patterns as seen on any mammal species. Feline colors and patterns are most common, while canine patterns are uncommon and other mammal patterns, such a deer or okapi, are rare.

For the fur, a bare face is common and a furred face is uncommon. Bare ears and furred ears are both common. Extra fluff inside the ear is uncommon. A furred neck is common, a bare neck is uncommon, and an extra-fluffy neck is rare. Furred legs and legs that are bare on the bottom half are both common; fully bare legs are uncommon. A ridge of longer fur down the spine is uncommon or rare depending on how long it is. A furred tail is common, a bare tail is uncommon, and a fluffy tail is rare.

Fur options will need 17 layers (ouch. Wow. I didn't realize how much that was until I counted.)

Some likoi have small horns: single-pronged horns are uncommon, while ram or multi-pronged horns like deer antlers are rare.

Horns will be 5 layers, probably. This is flexible.

Likoi can also have a second set of ears (rare), a second tail (uncommon) or split tail (rare), and 6 legs (rare).

These options amount to 10 layers (based on different levels of fur on the ears and tails.)

Their sizes range from a typical house cat (common), to a medium sized dog (uncommon), to a "petite" or "toy" likoi (rare) which is as small as a normal 4-6 week old kitten.

No extra layers for this, I'll just note their size on their ref sheets.

For teeth, normal cat fangs are common, longer fangs are uncommon, and tusks are rare. Claws are always retractable; a longer "raptor claw" on the hind feet is rare. A normal cat tongue is common, a longer tongue is uncommon, and a split tongue is rare.

And that's another 8 layers.

So in total, it's the base drawing, plus another 45 partial layers. That seems like a lot (and, okay, it kinda is) but remember that these layers only each have a very small bit of line art on them, and you won't have to redraw poses or anything like that.

I'm willing to pay gems or a combined payment of gems and USD. I also have 3 nocturne eggs and 2 first-gen unbred nocturnes I can throw in as well.

I am going to be SUPER PICKY about art and artists for this, because I'll be using this for a long time! (I'm probably going to sell the critters super cheap, so I won't be getting much back from it, but hey, it's fun anyways!)

I can provide a LOT of sketches for this project, so don't worry that you're going to be going off descriptions. Not at all.

Please ping me with examples and how much you'd charge for a project like this!
wmel3banner.png Call me "Foggy"
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
@FoggyMornings This project seems cool and I'm interested! What are you offering as payment?
@FoggyMornings This project seems cool and I'm interested! What are you offering as payment?
art_shop_header_by_unayash-dbwc9pm.png
@Nayuhn

I currently have on hand:
  • $32
  • 1450 gems
  • 3 nocturne eggs
  • 2 hatch, unbred gen 1 nocturnes

So any combination of that would be fine with me. I'd also be open to paying in instalments if it's not enough.
@Nayuhn

I currently have on hand:
  • $32
  • 1450 gems
  • 3 nocturne eggs
  • 2 hatch, unbred gen 1 nocturnes

So any combination of that would be fine with me. I'd also be open to paying in instalments if it's not enough.
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
@FoggyMornings You are wanting just the line art for your species (with the multiple layers) right?
@FoggyMornings You are wanting just the line art for your species (with the multiple layers) right?
art_shop_header_by_unayash-dbwc9pm.png
@nayuhn Yeah, transparent line art with layers for all the different options so I can mix and match and turn them into cheap little adoptables. Mind you, the lineart has to be pretty high quality, hence why I'm willing to pay so much.
@nayuhn Yeah, transparent line art with layers for all the different options so I can mix and match and turn them into cheap little adoptables. Mind you, the lineart has to be pretty high quality, hence why I'm willing to pay so much.
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
@FoggyMornings I'm not an artist, but would you ping me when you start selling these? They sound like a really cool species :3

Also, bump!
@FoggyMornings I'm not an artist, but would you ping me when you start selling these? They sound like a really cool species :3

Also, bump!
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
@DragonWarrior333 Yeah, definitely! Thank you!
@DragonWarrior333 Yeah, definitely! Thank you!
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop