Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | LF Art of Modern Urban Witch Boy
[center][size=6][b]The Character[b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HJo7saL.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ad6bS8p.png[/img][/center] Linden Elliot Harper is a 24 year old witch living in the fictional city of Midvale, Arizona. Though surrounded in dry, red dessert, the city itself is vibrant and alive, with magic and technology combining in wondrous ways. Linden is the third and youngest child in his family; his father was a wizard, while his mother was non-magical. His older siblings, both his brother and his sister, are wizards; a bit of a black sheep, Linden chose to become a witch instead, which his father begrudgingly accepted after a few years of dissention. The difference between wizards and witches, you see, isn't a gender thing, but more a matter of methodology and focus. Wizards control their magic, harnessing it with the help of wands and complicated chants, while witches prefer more natural magic, using things like stones and plants and their own bodies to harness their innate power. For this reason, some people refer to witches as "hippie wizards". Linden went to a co-ed school with magic and non-magic students alike. After graduation, he did two years of advanced schooling at a local magics college, but dropped out after realizing he didn't really know what he wanted to focus on. Now, Linden works in a local odds and ends magic shop and lives in an apartment with Flint, his black likoi, which is a type of cat with 5 eyes and whose parts are used in healing spells and potions; Flint is a rescue and is missing his tail, which was presumably cut off to be used for just such a thing. ----- ----- [b]Appearance[/b] Linden has brown eyes and wavy black-brown hair. His skin is pretty average, not really tan but not fair, and he's about 5'10". His clothing is pretty out there a lot of the time, and often consists of a lot of interesting patterns, pins, floral print, ripped jeans, shirt with musical symbols or sayings about magic, and things like that. He has multiple piercings in his ears and black tattoo sleeves on both arms; the tattoos are a mish-mash of different spells, some runic, others symbols, Latin, Japanese, Arabic, or geometric. The only non-spell thing he has in a five-eyed likoi skull at the top of his arm, for Flint. ----- ----- [center][size=4]Flint the Likoi Cat[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/99IKA9w.jpg[/img][/center] Likoi are a closed species of my own! They're a semi-hairless cat (modeled and named after the Lykoi cat breed) which are mostly hairless on their faces and lower legs and sometimes tails. Likoi have either 3, 5, or 7 eyes; myth says that the more eyes they have, the more powerful they are. Their "odd eye", the one in the middle, can act independently of the others, sometimes staying closed as they look around or staying open when the rest of the eyes blink. 3 eyes is common, 5 is uncommon, 7 is rare. 9 is "godly", almost never happens. Same with 1. They never have an even number. Their fur colors cover the full range of natural colors and patterns as seen on any mammal species. Feline colors and patterns are most common, while canine patterns are uncommon and other mammal patterns, such a deer or okapi, are rare. For the fur, a bare face is common and a furred face is uncommon. Bare ears and furred ears are both common. Extra fluff inside the ear is uncommon. A furred neck is common, a bare neck is uncommon, and an extra-fluffy neck is rare. Furred legs and legs that are bare on the bottom half are both common; fully bare legs are uncommon. A ridge of longer fur down the spine is uncommon or rare depending on how long it is. A furred tail is common, a bare tail is uncommon, and a fluffy tail is rare. Some likoi have small horns: single-pronged horns are uncommon, while ram or multi-pronged horns like deer antlers are rare. Likoi can also have a second set of ears (rare), a second tail (uncommon) or split tail (rare), and 6 legs (rare). Their sizes range from a typical house cat (common), to a medium sized dog (uncommon), to a "petite" or "toy" likoi (rare) which is as small as a normal 4-6 week old kitten. For teeth, normal cat fangs are common, longer fangs are uncommon, and tusks are rare. Claws are always retractable; a longer "raptor claw" on the hind feet is rare. A normal cat tongue is common, a longer tongue is uncommon, and a split tongue is rare. Feel free to ask me about getting a likoi of your own!
The Character

HJo7saL.png

ad6bS8p.png

Linden Elliot Harper is a 24 year old witch living in the fictional city of Midvale, Arizona. Though surrounded in dry, red dessert, the city itself is vibrant and alive, with magic and technology combining in wondrous ways.

Linden is the third and youngest child in his family; his father was a wizard, while his mother was non-magical. His older siblings, both his brother and his sister, are wizards; a bit of a black sheep, Linden chose to become a witch instead, which his father begrudgingly accepted after a few years of dissention.

The difference between wizards and witches, you see, isn't a gender thing, but more a matter of methodology and focus. Wizards control their magic, harnessing it with the help of wands and complicated chants, while witches prefer more natural magic, using things like stones and plants and their own bodies to harness their innate power. For this reason, some people refer to witches as "hippie wizards".

Linden went to a co-ed school with magic and non-magic students alike. After graduation, he did two years of advanced schooling at a local magics college, but dropped out after realizing he didn't really know what he wanted to focus on.

Now, Linden works in a local odds and ends magic shop and lives in an apartment with Flint, his black likoi, which is a type of cat with 5 eyes and whose parts are used in healing spells and potions; Flint is a rescue and is missing his tail, which was presumably cut off to be used for just such a thing.

Appearance

Linden has brown eyes and wavy black-brown hair. His skin is pretty average, not really tan but not fair, and he's about 5'10". His clothing is pretty out there a lot of the time, and often consists of a lot of interesting patterns, pins, floral print, ripped jeans, shirt with musical symbols or sayings about magic, and things like that. He has multiple piercings in his ears and black tattoo sleeves on both arms; the tattoos are a mish-mash of different spells, some runic, others symbols, Latin, Japanese, Arabic, or geometric. The only non-spell thing he has in a five-eyed likoi skull at the top of his arm, for Flint.

Flint the Likoi Cat

99IKA9w.jpg

Likoi are a closed species of my own! They're a semi-hairless cat (modeled and named after the Lykoi cat breed) which are mostly hairless on their faces and lower legs and sometimes tails. Likoi have either 3, 5, or 7 eyes; myth says that the more eyes they have, the more powerful they are. Their "odd eye", the one in the middle, can act independently of the others, sometimes staying closed as they look around or staying open when the rest of the eyes blink.

3 eyes is common, 5 is uncommon, 7 is rare. 9 is "godly", almost never happens. Same with 1. They never have an even number.

Their fur colors cover the full range of natural colors and patterns as seen on any mammal species. Feline colors and patterns are most common, while canine patterns are uncommon and other mammal patterns, such a deer or okapi, are rare.

For the fur, a bare face is common and a furred face is uncommon. Bare ears and furred ears are both common. Extra fluff inside the ear is uncommon. A furred neck is common, a bare neck is uncommon, and an extra-fluffy neck is rare. Furred legs and legs that are bare on the bottom half are both common; fully bare legs are uncommon. A ridge of longer fur down the spine is uncommon or rare depending on how long it is. A furred tail is common, a bare tail is uncommon, and a fluffy tail is rare.

Some likoi have small horns: single-pronged horns are uncommon, while ram or multi-pronged horns like deer antlers are rare.

Likoi can also have a second set of ears (rare), a second tail (uncommon) or split tail (rare), and 6 legs (rare).

Their sizes range from a typical house cat (common), to a medium sized dog (uncommon), to a "petite" or "toy" likoi (rare) which is as small as a normal 4-6 week old kitten.

For teeth, normal cat fangs are common, longer fangs are uncommon, and tusks are rare. Claws are always retractable; a longer "raptor claw" on the hind feet is rare. A normal cat tongue is common, a longer tongue is uncommon, and a split tongue is rare.

Feel free to ask me about getting a likoi of your own!
wmel3banner.png Call me "Foggy"
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
What I'm Looking For
  • I prefer digital over traditional but am open to either.
  • I like busts, waist-ups, full bodies, chibis, whatever.
  • Might go for a moodboard or two.
  • Would love to find artists who are willing to draw him with his cat and/or do backgrounds/settings.
  • I'm looking to pay in gems or maybe cash though my max USD budget is like $5 because I'm poor. I'm more likely to do part-USD part-FR currency than I am to do full USD.
  • I also have some nocturne eggs I can give you, as well as apparel and familiars.
  • Also up for art trades if you wanna.
What I'm Looking For
  • I prefer digital over traditional but am open to either.
  • I like busts, waist-ups, full bodies, chibis, whatever.
  • Might go for a moodboard or two.
  • Would love to find artists who are willing to draw him with his cat and/or do backgrounds/settings.
  • I'm looking to pay in gems or maybe cash though my max USD budget is like $5 because I'm poor. I'm more likely to do part-USD part-FR currency than I am to do full USD.
  • I also have some nocturne eggs I can give you, as well as apparel and familiars.
  • Also up for art trades if you wanna.
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
[center][size=6]Concept Art & Inspiration[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1QYsyK4.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bYDQTRw.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PoAskDs.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/wYHrLtd.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WEz4d5j.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/fwIwBYF.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/fD01t4p.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/P9WhCWD.gif[/img][/center]
Concept Art & Inspiration

1QYsyK4.gif

bYDQTRw.jpg

PoAskDs.jpg

wYHrLtd.gif

WEz4d5j.gif

fwIwBYF.gif

fD01t4p.gif

P9WhCWD.gif
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
[center][size=6]Art I've Recieved[/size] [img]https://image.ibb.co/cGcijw/linden.png[/img] [img]https://image.ibb.co/j6BLew/Linden_bu_fidget.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4AFPJqu.png[/img]By Eluneis - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2343827/1]Art Thread[/url][/center]
Art I've Recieved

linden.png

Linden_bu_fidget.jpg

4AFPJqu.pngBy Eluneis - Art Thread
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
Example Scene with Linden

Linden vowed that, next time, he was getting a ground-floor apartment. Hauling books and groceries up three flights of stairs was never fun, and somehow the enchantment on the lift kept failing; there was an Out of Order sign on it at least once a week.

"Flint, quit that!" Linden nudged away the cat who had started to try and weave between his feet the second he was in the door. The black cat leapt onto the coffee table, narrowing his five gold eyes in reply before lifting a leg to clean himself. How cats managed to lick their own butt and look prim about it, Linden wasn't sure, but Flint managed.

"Thanks for that visual," the witch groused, stepping through into the kitchen and setting his bags down. It took him almost half an hour to unpack everything, shuffling things around in the fridge, tossing out old leftovers and opening new packages to pour them out into the empty jars and green-lidded tupperware that filled one cabinet.

By the time he was done, Flint had decided it was time to be fed and was mewling from his seat by his bowls; luckily, all it took was a flick of the wrist and a muttered Latin phrase to have a can of soft food open and dumping itself into the bowl. Another gesture had it sailing towards the trash can, and Linden swore lightly as it hit the rim and fell to the tile.

Flint looked up at the clatter, licking his lips. Linden could swear he looked smug. "Hey, I was close, okay," Linden protested, picking up the can and tossing it, by hand this time, into the bin.

Linden headed to his bedroom then, summoning a book from the shelf in the living room as he went. Flopping into his desk chair, the witch boy spent a few minutes checking the myriad of potted plants he kept around, delaying what he was sure was another inevitable failure. Not for the first time he cursed his friend Elle for convincing him to join the Spellbinder Club, which met at the coffee shop down the block and practiced and learned spells together. It was admittedly interesting, not to mention useful, and a good way to meet people as well as to learn how those in different cultures did the same things -- Linden still preferred the storm spell Hrishita had taught him over the one he had learned in school, since it was easier to keep small and to control, making it an effective way of watering his plants without soaking his carpet -- but it was also endlessly frustrating. Marceau had taught them a spell to summon objects when they were out of sight this week, and Linden just couldn't seem to get his tongue to work with the French pronunciations.

Of course, if he didn't get this to work, he'd never hear the end of it. Elle still teased him about the fact that the only kind of flowers he could summon were bright pink and yellow roses. He didn't mind -- he liked pink and yellow -- but he did have to admit it was rather sad when compared to the complex bouquets everyone else had managed to create.

With that in mind, Linden flipped open the book and took out his wand. He no longer needed it for most spells, but he figured he could work up to casting this one without it after he was able to do it with it.

Spinning his chair to face the middle of his room, Linden closed his eyes, picturing exactly where Elle's stuffed lion was in her room, since that was the thing he had decided to practice on. Elle had already summoned away two of his hats and his favorite floating geosphere from his room over the last week; they would return each other's things at the next meeting.

Linden took a breath, aimed his wand at the open space in the middle of his room, and said "Apporter ami.*"

Wind picked up almost instantly and Linden cursed. Maybe the wand had been too much; a spell designed to bring you your wallet when you forget it at home shouldn't be powerful enough to kick up a mini-tornado. Spinning his chair back around, Linden ducked behind the leather back, waiting until the room fell silent once again.

The place was a disaster. That was Linden's first thought when he peaked over the chair. He wasn't a neat freak by any means, but normally kept his stuff organized. Now, there were papers and books all around, a few of his potted plants had spilled their contents, and there was a human guy in the middle of his room, wearing clothing that Linden had never seen outside of a rendition of Shakespeare down at the playhouse.

"Crap." Linden scrubbed one hand over his face, slowly standing and coming around his desk chair to kneel next to the stranger. "Crap," he swore again, louder. Luckily the guy had a steady pulse, and a quick diagnostic spell came up clean, so there was no major damage caused by the accidental summoning; Linden found himself wishing he had practiced his medical spells more, since he couldn't pick up small injuries yet. Then again, cuts and bruises weren't really something he was worried about.

Well, Linden thought, there's nothing I can do until he wakes up. Hopefully he was just an actor who had been rehearsing downtown, and Linden could apologize and send him on his way as soon as he woke. If not, well, he'd burn that bridge when he came to it.

With that lack of a plan settled, Linden got to work lifting the unconscious man onto his bed and putting his room back to rights.

*the phrase Linden uses here means "bring friend", where he should have said "bring to me". Ami is friend; a moi is to me. An easy mistake with disastrous consequences.

Also, please note that Linden does not originally say "crap" when he sees the stranger on his floor, but I hate the little line of asterisks the swear filter replaces words with so I switched it out. He's a typical 24 year old and he swears like one, so him saying "crap" and other such baby-swears doesn't actually mean he's uptight or prim in any way.

If you like my writing, I'm happy to trade lore/writing for art, and I'm also available for USD commissions at $0.01 per word!
Example Scene with Linden

Linden vowed that, next time, he was getting a ground-floor apartment. Hauling books and groceries up three flights of stairs was never fun, and somehow the enchantment on the lift kept failing; there was an Out of Order sign on it at least once a week.

"Flint, quit that!" Linden nudged away the cat who had started to try and weave between his feet the second he was in the door. The black cat leapt onto the coffee table, narrowing his five gold eyes in reply before lifting a leg to clean himself. How cats managed to lick their own butt and look prim about it, Linden wasn't sure, but Flint managed.

"Thanks for that visual," the witch groused, stepping through into the kitchen and setting his bags down. It took him almost half an hour to unpack everything, shuffling things around in the fridge, tossing out old leftovers and opening new packages to pour them out into the empty jars and green-lidded tupperware that filled one cabinet.

By the time he was done, Flint had decided it was time to be fed and was mewling from his seat by his bowls; luckily, all it took was a flick of the wrist and a muttered Latin phrase to have a can of soft food open and dumping itself into the bowl. Another gesture had it sailing towards the trash can, and Linden swore lightly as it hit the rim and fell to the tile.

Flint looked up at the clatter, licking his lips. Linden could swear he looked smug. "Hey, I was close, okay," Linden protested, picking up the can and tossing it, by hand this time, into the bin.

Linden headed to his bedroom then, summoning a book from the shelf in the living room as he went. Flopping into his desk chair, the witch boy spent a few minutes checking the myriad of potted plants he kept around, delaying what he was sure was another inevitable failure. Not for the first time he cursed his friend Elle for convincing him to join the Spellbinder Club, which met at the coffee shop down the block and practiced and learned spells together. It was admittedly interesting, not to mention useful, and a good way to meet people as well as to learn how those in different cultures did the same things -- Linden still preferred the storm spell Hrishita had taught him over the one he had learned in school, since it was easier to keep small and to control, making it an effective way of watering his plants without soaking his carpet -- but it was also endlessly frustrating. Marceau had taught them a spell to summon objects when they were out of sight this week, and Linden just couldn't seem to get his tongue to work with the French pronunciations.

Of course, if he didn't get this to work, he'd never hear the end of it. Elle still teased him about the fact that the only kind of flowers he could summon were bright pink and yellow roses. He didn't mind -- he liked pink and yellow -- but he did have to admit it was rather sad when compared to the complex bouquets everyone else had managed to create.

With that in mind, Linden flipped open the book and took out his wand. He no longer needed it for most spells, but he figured he could work up to casting this one without it after he was able to do it with it.

Spinning his chair to face the middle of his room, Linden closed his eyes, picturing exactly where Elle's stuffed lion was in her room, since that was the thing he had decided to practice on. Elle had already summoned away two of his hats and his favorite floating geosphere from his room over the last week; they would return each other's things at the next meeting.

Linden took a breath, aimed his wand at the open space in the middle of his room, and said "Apporter ami.*"

Wind picked up almost instantly and Linden cursed. Maybe the wand had been too much; a spell designed to bring you your wallet when you forget it at home shouldn't be powerful enough to kick up a mini-tornado. Spinning his chair back around, Linden ducked behind the leather back, waiting until the room fell silent once again.

The place was a disaster. That was Linden's first thought when he peaked over the chair. He wasn't a neat freak by any means, but normally kept his stuff organized. Now, there were papers and books all around, a few of his potted plants had spilled their contents, and there was a human guy in the middle of his room, wearing clothing that Linden had never seen outside of a rendition of Shakespeare down at the playhouse.

"Crap." Linden scrubbed one hand over his face, slowly standing and coming around his desk chair to kneel next to the stranger. "Crap," he swore again, louder. Luckily the guy had a steady pulse, and a quick diagnostic spell came up clean, so there was no major damage caused by the accidental summoning; Linden found himself wishing he had practiced his medical spells more, since he couldn't pick up small injuries yet. Then again, cuts and bruises weren't really something he was worried about.

Well, Linden thought, there's nothing I can do until he wakes up. Hopefully he was just an actor who had been rehearsing downtown, and Linden could apologize and send him on his way as soon as he woke. If not, well, he'd burn that bridge when he came to it.

With that lack of a plan settled, Linden got to work lifting the unconscious man onto his bed and putting his room back to rights.

*the phrase Linden uses here means "bring friend", where he should have said "bring to me". Ami is friend; a moi is to me. An easy mistake with disastrous consequences.

Also, please note that Linden does not originally say "crap" when he sees the stranger on his floor, but I hate the little line of asterisks the swear filter replaces words with so I switched it out. He's a typical 24 year old and he swears like one, so him saying "crap" and other such baby-swears doesn't actually mean he's uptight or prim in any way.

If you like my writing, I'm happy to trade lore/writing for art, and I'm also available for USD commissions at $0.01 per word!
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
More concept art added!
More concept art added!
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
Likoi info added
Likoi info added
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
@FoggyMornings Feel free to check out my art shop by clicking the signature below ~
@FoggyMornings Feel free to check out my art shop by clicking the signature below ~
art_shop_header_by_unayash-dbwc9pm.png
Bump
Bump
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop