Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stat-altering apparel
1 2
Howdy.
Don't know if this has been suggested (I ran a search, but didn't see it), so here goes:
How about apparel that affects stats for the coliseum, like an RPG? Armor that affects DEF; braces that affect STR; shoes that affect AGI/QCK. You get the idea.
You could even have those rare ones that give you a bonus to one, while subtracting from another one (gauntlets that give you +STR/ -DEF, for example)
Conversely, the stats could be added to existing apparel.
I know not everyone participates in the Coliseum, so the people that don't would not be affected, since stats don't play much a part in anything else.
The Coliseum is my favorite part of the game. :)
Howdy.
Don't know if this has been suggested (I ran a search, but didn't see it), so here goes:
How about apparel that affects stats for the coliseum, like an RPG? Armor that affects DEF; braces that affect STR; shoes that affect AGI/QCK. You get the idea.
You could even have those rare ones that give you a bonus to one, while subtracting from another one (gauntlets that give you +STR/ -DEF, for example)
Conversely, the stats could be added to existing apparel.
I know not everyone participates in the Coliseum, so the people that don't would not be affected, since stats don't play much a part in anything else.
The Coliseum is my favorite part of the game. :)
DeviantART!
Artblog!
Tumblr!
No support. I like being able to dress my dragons based on what looks best, not what will give them an edge. I think apparel and the coli should remain separate.
No support. I like being able to dress my dragons based on what looks best, not what will give them an edge. I think apparel and the coli should remain separate.
“blaireau’s
This has been suggested before, I remember.. But no support. I want to dress up my dragons to make em pretty, (or not dress em up because they look naturally pretty) I wouldn't want to be looking at a dragon that wears apparel I don't really like just because it gives stat boosts.. Pretty much the same as Blaireau said :P
This has been suggested before, I remember.. But no support. I want to dress up my dragons to make em pretty, (or not dress em up because they look naturally pretty) I wouldn't want to be looking at a dragon that wears apparel I don't really like just because it gives stat boosts.. Pretty much the same as Blaireau said :P
No support. Coli PvP doesn't need to be pay-to-win. If you want a game that focuses on gear, there's plenty of MMOs out there.
No support. Coli PvP doesn't need to be pay-to-win. If you want a game that focuses on gear, there's plenty of MMOs out there.
No support. I think the FR staff created stat stones (which are broken, btw) to prevent apparel from being linked to coli stats.
No support. I think the FR staff created stat stones (which are broken, btw) to prevent apparel from being linked to coli stats.
Huh, I'm surprised by the lack of support here, I think it's a good idea (also why wouldn't armour boost defence? That's confusing). If you don't want PvP to be affected, I'm sure there's a coding trick that could make the stats apply in monster battles only. And if you want to dress your dragons to look pretty continue doing so??? Only your coli team would need to be dressed according to stat points, and not even then if you don't care - people are battling just fine with teams without stat bonuses, and could continue to do so if they prefer.

So, yeah, support. Why not? xD
Huh, I'm surprised by the lack of support here, I think it's a good idea (also why wouldn't armour boost defence? That's confusing). If you don't want PvP to be affected, I'm sure there's a coding trick that could make the stats apply in monster battles only. And if you want to dress your dragons to look pretty continue doing so??? Only your coli team would need to be dressed according to stat points, and not even then if you don't care - people are battling just fine with teams without stat bonuses, and could continue to do so if they prefer.

So, yeah, support. Why not? xD
What's the point? None of the current stat altering items work - including the dominance bonus. I'd rather the developers focused on fixing that than tried to introduce more ways to 'improve' a dragon's stats that don't work in the coliseum.
What's the point? None of the current stat altering items work - including the dominance bonus. I'd rather the developers focused on fixing that than tried to introduce more ways to 'improve' a dragon's stats that don't work in the coliseum.
I would definitely support this if the changes are carried out after the stones and dominance bonuses are fixed. Also if it doesn't affect the PvP part of the coli, so people could still dress them up to look pretty while giving a them a tiny edge in monster battles. c:
I would definitely support this if the changes are carried out after the stones and dominance bonuses are fixed. Also if it doesn't affect the PvP part of the coli, so people could still dress them up to look pretty while giving a them a tiny edge in monster battles. c:
HE/IT | FR+3
I'd support it, but only after they get the current bonuses working.

For users who could care less about stat enhancements, it won't effect your ability to dress your dragons up. They would be useless lines of text that could be limited to display only when you are in the coli or hover over an item in the AH/Market.

For users who want to battle, you're probably not going to be caring too much about appearance in the long run. I've played plenty of MMO's looking like a patchwork quilt.

For users who want to do both, it's not that hard to swap pieces around.
I'd support it, but only after they get the current bonuses working.

For users who could care less about stat enhancements, it won't effect your ability to dress your dragons up. They would be useless lines of text that could be limited to display only when you are in the coli or hover over an item in the AH/Market.

For users who want to battle, you're probably not going to be caring too much about appearance in the long run. I've played plenty of MMO's looking like a patchwork quilt.

For users who want to do both, it's not that hard to swap pieces around.
I once ate packing peanuts on a dare. Not near as good as the potato starch spoons...
Thanks for the replies.
@blaireau and @Gaia, I understand the desire to keep the coli and apparel separate. I remember playing Tekken 6 and collecting gear for my characters, and the best gear was always the goofiest looking ones, so my characters were all strangely-dressed. I do not have an answer for you, as I know where you're coming from.

@nokillaa, I don't think this would create a pay-to-win situation, as I don't see FR as a very competitive site. True, you have dominance, but you can win with quantity versus quality there, and I don't think any amount of paying would give you a boost. Besides, we already have the gems systems, so are the people who pay for gems already winning? Maybe if the stats from gear didn't count for PVP?
My favorite MMO is Ragnarok Online. I do not want to see this place turned into an MMO, as they are two very different concepts. If I wanted to play RO, I'd go play RO. I don't see the parallel in my suggestion.

@rimbaum, I understand. I think the extra stats from the gear would be a nice addition, too.

@jessile, I understand that things need to be fixed before anything else is added. However, if every suggestion was answered in that manner, then that would defeat the purpose of a suggestion forum, yes?

@DaftCacophony and @Avarice, thank you for the support.
Thanks for the replies.
@blaireau and @Gaia, I understand the desire to keep the coli and apparel separate. I remember playing Tekken 6 and collecting gear for my characters, and the best gear was always the goofiest looking ones, so my characters were all strangely-dressed. I do not have an answer for you, as I know where you're coming from.

@nokillaa, I don't think this would create a pay-to-win situation, as I don't see FR as a very competitive site. True, you have dominance, but you can win with quantity versus quality there, and I don't think any amount of paying would give you a boost. Besides, we already have the gems systems, so are the people who pay for gems already winning? Maybe if the stats from gear didn't count for PVP?
My favorite MMO is Ragnarok Online. I do not want to see this place turned into an MMO, as they are two very different concepts. If I wanted to play RO, I'd go play RO. I don't see the parallel in my suggestion.

@rimbaum, I understand. I think the extra stats from the gear would be a nice addition, too.

@jessile, I understand that things need to be fixed before anything else is added. However, if every suggestion was answered in that manner, then that would defeat the purpose of a suggestion forum, yes?

@DaftCacophony and @Avarice, thank you for the support.
DeviantART!
Artblog!
Tumblr!
1 2