Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | quality of life suggestions for hoard
Hey friends! I'm still fairly new, so my opinion might not have as much weight as some veterans here.. but as I was trying to browse through my hoard, I came across some ideas (and frustrations). Maybe there are some tools out there that can help and whatnot, but I couldn't help but think of a few ways to change the hoard for the better

1: different sorting options

Maybe I'm getting too deep into this game too quickly, but I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of items to keep/sell for the sake of Swipp/Baldwin. I love that I'm able to sort that by all sorts of options... but get frustrated when I can only sort things by material, food, etc.

I think it'd be great if we could have even further sorting options within those categories. I don't quite understand the order that the items are in within their groups, it just seems.. kind of randomly grouped. Even just to have options to sort alphabetically or by sell value would be wonderful! For now, it's hard to find specific items I'm looking for. The food tab has options to sort by type of food, so I'm sure alphabetical search could be a possibility to add. Which brings me to my next suggestion...

2: ability to search within the hoard

Self explanatory - if I can search for specific items on the auction house, I'd love to be able to search for specific items within my own inventory. Next one

3: etc/other minor fixes

These are kind of small and I'm getting rather nit-picky here, haha (as picky as I'm being, I swear I love this community, I really do!! <3)

- when I go to the vault, I'd like to stay on that same hoard type. i.e. when I'm on the "specialty" tab of my hoard, when I click my vault, I'd like to see the "specialty" tab of the vault... not bring me back to the "food" section of the vault.

- If I have my food sorted by a type, when I sell/convert a few items of said type.. I'd really like it if it didn't unsort everything. Again, getting really nit-picky! Just minor things~

Let me know what you guys think! Do some of these already exist and I'm missing the point? Are these solid ideas? Am I just a lazy fool? Let me know!

and also, for real - kudos to the staff for running a site like this. It's no small task to take care of a website with so many assets!

Thanks, my dudes
Hey friends! I'm still fairly new, so my opinion might not have as much weight as some veterans here.. but as I was trying to browse through my hoard, I came across some ideas (and frustrations). Maybe there are some tools out there that can help and whatnot, but I couldn't help but think of a few ways to change the hoard for the better

1: different sorting options

Maybe I'm getting too deep into this game too quickly, but I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of items to keep/sell for the sake of Swipp/Baldwin. I love that I'm able to sort that by all sorts of options... but get frustrated when I can only sort things by material, food, etc.

I think it'd be great if we could have even further sorting options within those categories. I don't quite understand the order that the items are in within their groups, it just seems.. kind of randomly grouped. Even just to have options to sort alphabetically or by sell value would be wonderful! For now, it's hard to find specific items I'm looking for. The food tab has options to sort by type of food, so I'm sure alphabetical search could be a possibility to add. Which brings me to my next suggestion...

2: ability to search within the hoard

Self explanatory - if I can search for specific items on the auction house, I'd love to be able to search for specific items within my own inventory. Next one

3: etc/other minor fixes

These are kind of small and I'm getting rather nit-picky here, haha (as picky as I'm being, I swear I love this community, I really do!! <3)

- when I go to the vault, I'd like to stay on that same hoard type. i.e. when I'm on the "specialty" tab of my hoard, when I click my vault, I'd like to see the "specialty" tab of the vault... not bring me back to the "food" section of the vault.

- If I have my food sorted by a type, when I sell/convert a few items of said type.. I'd really like it if it didn't unsort everything. Again, getting really nit-picky! Just minor things~

Let me know what you guys think! Do some of these already exist and I'm missing the point? Are these solid ideas? Am I just a lazy fool? Let me know!

and also, for real - kudos to the staff for running a site like this. It's no small task to take care of a website with so many assets!

Thanks, my dudes
Since I didn't get any feedback on this and it got.. kind of buried by people's dragon designs.. I'm gonna bump this ;v;
Since I didn't get any feedback on this and it got.. kind of buried by people's dragon designs.. I'm gonna bump this ;v;
I agree with all of these, especially the "minor" ones. I always have a moment of panic when I hit the vault button on my familiar's tab and it's empty, before I realize it took me back to food.
I agree with all of these, especially the "minor" ones. I always have a moment of panic when I hit the vault button on my familiar's tab and it's empty, before I realize it took me back to food.
wvz5N8O.png 12345678901234567890 TivIzlp.png
[quote name="Wyndwren" date=2017-10-05 14:18:41] I agree with all of these, especially the "minor" ones. I always have a moment of panic when I hit the vault button on my familiar's tab and it's empty, before I realize it took me back to food. [/quote] honestly that is EXACTLY why I mentioned it!! The first time I did that, I was worried I accidentally sold them all or something :"D (and thanks for reading!)
Wyndwren wrote on 2017-10-05:

honestly that is EXACTLY why I mentioned it!! The first time I did that, I was worried I accidentally sold them all or something :"D

(and thanks for reading!)
These would all be great QOL to see added to the site. Support.
These would all be great QOL to see added to the site. Support.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
The hoard is sorted by when the item was added to the site. If you look at many of the pictures, they use a number instead of name. That is the item 'ID' and tells when, in relation to other items, that particular item was added.

Personally I would love to see the hoard overhauled (and since I think in their last news post, they implied that the hoard still needed to be rewritten so there is still hope).

For one, add filters to ALL tabs. Most items already have 'subcategories' so it would be simple to add filters for those subcategories like the food area has.

Two, add check all buttons to all areas of the hoard.

Three, remove the non-hoard sellable icons and allow those items to be checked with a check all button.

Four, to counteract the potential of hoard selling valuable items, make it so that when a non-hoard sellable item is checked, the sell button is greyed out and non-clickable.

Five, in order to find those nhs items in your hoard/vault, make their checkboxes visibly different from normal items.

Six, redo the vault so it is like this as well.

Seven (a pet peeve of mine) get rid of the 'you have placed X in your vault' confirmations... (though if they get rid of the NHS item quality and allows those to be massed added/removed from the vault then this is not really needed, but needing to put 14 skins that are all non-hoard sellable into your vault? *shudders*

Adding in your suggestions about sorting and searching and I would probably be more willing to actually go through my vault/hoard and see what I have and what I can sell.. right now it is just a chore to search through the various tabs for anything specific.
The hoard is sorted by when the item was added to the site. If you look at many of the pictures, they use a number instead of name. That is the item 'ID' and tells when, in relation to other items, that particular item was added.

Personally I would love to see the hoard overhauled (and since I think in their last news post, they implied that the hoard still needed to be rewritten so there is still hope).

For one, add filters to ALL tabs. Most items already have 'subcategories' so it would be simple to add filters for those subcategories like the food area has.

Two, add check all buttons to all areas of the hoard.

Three, remove the non-hoard sellable icons and allow those items to be checked with a check all button.

Four, to counteract the potential of hoard selling valuable items, make it so that when a non-hoard sellable item is checked, the sell button is greyed out and non-clickable.

Five, in order to find those nhs items in your hoard/vault, make their checkboxes visibly different from normal items.

Six, redo the vault so it is like this as well.

Seven (a pet peeve of mine) get rid of the 'you have placed X in your vault' confirmations... (though if they get rid of the NHS item quality and allows those to be massed added/removed from the vault then this is not really needed, but needing to put 14 skins that are all non-hoard sellable into your vault? *shudders*

Adding in your suggestions about sorting and searching and I would probably be more willing to actually go through my vault/hoard and see what I have and what I can sell.. right now it is just a chore to search through the various tabs for anything specific.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png