Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Development Update: Coliseum
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43 44
Getting a lot of questions about arranging already-locked stones, saving parties, and sorting/filtering options for the dragon list.

I can't provide definitive answers on these, at least with regards to the initial launch. We understand the desire for them, though, and they're part of our notes from this thread. There is a high chance that we will firstly be tackling a nearly direct conversion for the final launch (barring improvements that are somewhat simple to make), and once it's out there in the wild, evaluating additional features from that point forward.

The goal of this particular update was to show you what development is currently taking place. :)
Getting a lot of questions about arranging already-locked stones, saving parties, and sorting/filtering options for the dragon list.

I can't provide definitive answers on these, at least with regards to the initial launch. We understand the desire for them, though, and they're part of our notes from this thread. There is a high chance that we will firstly be tackling a nearly direct conversion for the final launch (barring improvements that are somewhat simple to make), and once it's out there in the wild, evaluating additional features from that point forward.

The goal of this particular update was to show you what development is currently taking place. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
One other thing about being able to set sort parameters, just in case it hasn't been brought up...please, for the love of dom, let us LOCK our sort parameters as well--if I'm sorting by level, or able to leave out ineligible dragons, the last thing I would want is to have to do that sort all over again every 5 levels. :3

But one thing that would be a godsend is the ability to save and load teams. I've got a farming team, a Workshop team, dragons for the Ruins and the Mire...being able to load them into my preferred slots for them with one click would be magic.
One other thing about being able to set sort parameters, just in case it hasn't been brought up...please, for the love of dom, let us LOCK our sort parameters as well--if I'm sorting by level, or able to leave out ineligible dragons, the last thing I would want is to have to do that sort all over again every 5 levels. :3

But one thing that would be a godsend is the ability to save and load teams. I've got a farming team, a Workshop team, dragons for the Ruins and the Mire...being able to load them into my preferred slots for them with one click would be magic.
9o5YF7O.png
[quote name="Doggo" date=2017-10-05 13:47:52] How long will beta last? [/quote] @Doggo We're not entirely sure how long the beta will run right now, but we'll make sure we communicate well in advance when it starts and when it will end. There is also a chance that during the beta process, we'll run scheduled "stress tests" on specific systems and ask everyone to perform a specific function or functions at the same time, depending on if we need statistics or not.
Doggo wrote on 2017-10-05:
How long will beta last?

@Doggo

We're not entirely sure how long the beta will run right now, but we'll make sure we communicate well in advance when it starts and when it will end. There is also a chance that during the beta process, we'll run scheduled "stress tests" on specific systems and ask everyone to perform a specific function or functions at the same time, depending on if we need statistics or not.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
One of the few games that ACTUALLY updates their community.....well done!
oV0kaW6_zpsyvg4qg6u.png
The excitement and worry continues to build at an uneven rate!

I'm so glad we're being informed, though I kind of hope glass cannons will no longer be the only viable and fast option to grind. I don't want them and eliminates to end up being useless there's been a lot of money put into it, but it'd be cool if Mages and Tanks could actually be used, but I'd rather keep the glass cannons untouched.

And yes, I know the team will try to not edit eliminate, but agility's gonna through some things off for sure.

We're gonna have to adapt and move away from classical glass cannon builds.
The excitement and worry continues to build at an uneven rate!

I'm so glad we're being informed, though I kind of hope glass cannons will no longer be the only viable and fast option to grind. I don't want them and eliminates to end up being useless there's been a lot of money put into it, but it'd be cool if Mages and Tanks could actually be used, but I'd rather keep the glass cannons untouched.

And yes, I know the team will try to not edit eliminate, but agility's gonna through some things off for sure.

We're gonna have to adapt and move away from classical glass cannon builds.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
[quote name="Hanuman" date=2017-10-05 14:28:08] One of the few games that ACTUALLY updates their community.....well done! [/quote] ^^^ This! Thank you for actually giving us updates on a huge revamp (unlike some other sites I know...)! The new coli looks like it’s going to be great :D
Hanuman wrote on 2017-10-05:

^^^ This! Thank you for actually giving us updates on a huge revamp (unlike some other sites I know...)! The new coli looks like it’s going to be great :D
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
This is great! @Xhaztol Thank you for the update and for answering questions.
This is great! @Xhaztol Thank you for the update and for answering questions.
@Xhaztol

Will it be possible to implement an option to hide certain dragons from your lair, or some sort of sorting feature? On the one hand, it is true that all dragons showing on the list whether they're able to fight or not clears up some confusion. On the other, having all dragons visible might make things rather problematic for people with large lairs...

The update looks great so far! I'm looking forward to it, but by all means take all the time you guys need. Fantastic job!
@Xhaztol

Will it be possible to implement an option to hide certain dragons from your lair, or some sort of sorting feature? On the one hand, it is true that all dragons showing on the list whether they're able to fight or not clears up some confusion. On the other, having all dragons visible might make things rather problematic for people with large lairs...

The update looks great so far! I'm looking forward to it, but by all means take all the time you guys need. Fantastic job!
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
Finally some info! Thanks!
Finally some info! Thanks!
PQznZys.png
what a lovely update to provide! Thank you for the information. I wish every game would be this forthcoming.
what a lovely update to provide! Thank you for the information. I wish every game would be this forthcoming.
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43 44