Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you name your dergs??
1 2 3 4 5 6
It's either:
Whatever comes to mind when I first see them (can sometimes add to lore).
Or
A bit of looking into and thinking, with online research, to find their name.
No in between.
It's either:
Whatever comes to mind when I first see them (can sometimes add to lore).
Or
A bit of looking into and thinking, with online research, to find their name.
No in between.
C5V5o0z.png
@PixelSpiral I actually just exalted my CloudCuckoolander to be replaced with a currently unnamed dragon I bought recently.

@PiecesOSky I recognize your username. And thank you. :D
@PixelSpiral I actually just exalted my CloudCuckoolander to be replaced with a currently unnamed dragon I bought recently.

@PiecesOSky I recognize your username. And thank you. :D
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
@Hauntology is it that WC in the bottom left corner?
@Hauntology is it that WC in the bottom left corner?
2zthk0p.png #240634
Matthew 7:15 || FR Time +2 (CST)

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Harry S Truman
200zs43.png
@pureblood Yep. He's the one. :D
@pureblood Yep. He's the one. :D
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
i always name by dragons nouns (colors, plants, concepts) for example, my first five dragons in my lair are as follows:

nocturne, kiwi, tyrian, facinate, emerald.
i always name by dragons nouns (colors, plants, concepts) for example, my first five dragons in my lair are as follows:

nocturne, kiwi, tyrian, facinate, emerald.
looking for art of my oc!
ART SHOP
ACCENT AND SKIN SHOP (STUDIO MOONGAZE)
TUMBLR
names that i didn't get from the random name generator are either referenced from obscure fandom/side character, pinyin for random words that the dragon reminded me of, or a weird fusion of words translated into other languages then mixed with more words/letters to make Cool Meanings (or just to look cool)

(basically my lair has 0 consistency)
names that i didn't get from the random name generator are either referenced from obscure fandom/side character, pinyin for random words that the dragon reminded me of, or a weird fusion of words translated into other languages then mixed with more words/letters to make Cool Meanings (or just to look cool)

(basically my lair has 0 consistency)
globules.png
so im trying to get all my dergs to have human victorian/edwardian names.

i have to rename 14 or 15 of them\

84 or 90kt\
so im trying to get all my dergs to have human victorian/edwardian names.

i have to rename 14 or 15 of them\

84 or 90kt\
2zthk0p.png #240634
Matthew 7:15 || FR Time +2 (CST)

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Harry S Truman
200zs43.png
A name that's the same color as the dragon!
Synesthesia is helpful sometimes.
A name that's the same color as the dragon!
Synesthesia is helpful sometimes.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
I decided to be clever and challenge myself by creating names from tolkien's elvish when I started out, and now it takes me weeks to name dragons because I have to choose a dialect and then find the right words that match the dragon's personality and then combine them in a semi-accurate way, with the right gendered endings... Sometimes I just want to give up and name all of them Fish.
I decided to be clever and challenge myself by creating names from tolkien's elvish when I started out, and now it takes me weeks to name dragons because I have to choose a dialect and then find the right words that match the dragon's personality and then combine them in a semi-accurate way, with the right gendered endings... Sometimes I just want to give up and name all of them Fish.
Well if it's not a fandragon, and I didn't buy it with the intention of giving it a certain name... I ususally go off of their looks. For example: I had bought a green range dragon, she was perfect for a nature rep. But I had no idea what to name her! So I searched up words that came to mind when I looked at the dragon, "Forest" being one of those. I eventually found the name "Moriko" meaning "Forest child" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23480684] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234807/23480684_350.png[/img] [/url] It suits her quite well I think. https://www.behindthename.com/ is an excellent source that I use often to come up with names.
Well if it's not a fandragon, and I didn't buy it with the intention of giving it a certain name...
I ususally go off of their looks.
For example:
I had bought a green range dragon, she was perfect for a nature rep. But I had no idea what to name her!
So I searched up words that came to mind when I looked at the dragon, "Forest" being one of those.
I eventually found the name "Moriko" meaning "Forest child"

23480684_350.png

It suits her quite well I think.
https://www.behindthename.com/ is an excellent source that I use often to come up with names.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
1 2 3 4 5 6