Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP w/ powerofwaffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Clarissa didn't care for Mason's reply, or, more accurately, his lack of such. Her speed slowed as they approached the house, simply so Maggie could open the door. However, before the twin's mother got the chance, Adam opened the door with a forced smile home. Normally, he was very happy to welcome his family back into the house, but his wife's phone call had put him a little on edge. He moved out of the way so that they could enter, and Clarissa slipped inside with a scowl at the smell of the food. Her bag was dumped on the hallway floor (despite this being one of Adam's many pet peeves), and she went up the stairs immediately to linger in her room until dinner was ready. "Did you have a good day?" Adam asked as calmly as possible, not aiming the question at anyone in particular.
Clarissa didn't care for Mason's reply, or, more accurately, his lack of such. Her speed slowed as they approached the house, simply so Maggie could open the door. However, before the twin's mother got the chance, Adam opened the door with a forced smile home. Normally, he was very happy to welcome his family back into the house, but his wife's phone call had put him a little on edge. He moved out of the way so that they could enter, and Clarissa slipped inside with a scowl at the smell of the food. Her bag was dumped on the hallway floor (despite this being one of Adam's many pet peeves), and she went up the stairs immediately to linger in her room until dinner was ready. "Did you have a good day?" Adam asked as calmly as possible, not aiming the question at anyone in particular.
"Had quite a few meetings, but I'd still call it a good day. What were you up to?" Maggie asked, smiling over at Adam as she shrugged off her coat. Mason mumbled a soft "yeah" and disappeared into the living room, probably to scroll on his phone until he was called for dinner. Maggie watched her children flee with what was almost exasperation, wondering if the twins would ever allow themselves to get close as a family. Maggie only grew to appreciate her parents when it was too late and she hoped that wouldn't be the case for the twins. She straightened her coat on the coat rack, slipped off her shoes and put her keys back in her bag.
"Had quite a few meetings, but I'd still call it a good day. What were you up to?" Maggie asked, smiling over at Adam as she shrugged off her coat. Mason mumbled a soft "yeah" and disappeared into the living room, probably to scroll on his phone until he was called for dinner. Maggie watched her children flee with what was almost exasperation, wondering if the twins would ever allow themselves to get close as a family. Maggie only grew to appreciate her parents when it was too late and she hoped that wouldn't be the case for the twins. She straightened her coat on the coat rack, slipped off her shoes and put her keys back in her bag.
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
"Errr..." Adam pondered on answering the question with 'I tried and failed to work' but decided to drop it altogether. "Making dinner?" He had honestly been so anxious about talking to the twins that any chance of work went out of the window. "Well, I mean, I started that article... but nothing worth mentioning." He smiled somewhat goofily. His face wrinkled slightly as the twins rushed to be away from their parents; Adam hated how avoidant everybody seemed to be. "Let's go into the kitchen, shall we?" he suggested, his hands gesturing to the room. I hope she agrees with this... he thought to himself before walking into the kitchen himself.
"Errr..." Adam pondered on answering the question with 'I tried and failed to work' but decided to drop it altogether. "Making dinner?" He had honestly been so anxious about talking to the twins that any chance of work went out of the window. "Well, I mean, I started that article... but nothing worth mentioning." He smiled somewhat goofily. His face wrinkled slightly as the twins rushed to be away from their parents; Adam hated how avoidant everybody seemed to be. "Let's go into the kitchen, shall we?" he suggested, his hands gesturing to the room. I hope she agrees with this... he thought to himself before walking into the kitchen himself.
"Alright," Maggie said, almost sing-song. She didn't give it a second thought as she followed him and flitted her eyes to the living room when she passed it, just to double-check Mason. "What's up?" She asked, knowing that she was the last person anyone would ever ask to help with cooking. Maggie began to wonder if Adam was regretting his decision (he probably was, now that she thought about it) and suppressed the doubt in her own mind. She had made a promise, after all.
"Alright," Maggie said, almost sing-song. She didn't give it a second thought as she followed him and flitted her eyes to the living room when she passed it, just to double-check Mason. "What's up?" She asked, knowing that she was the last person anyone would ever ask to help with cooking. Maggie began to wonder if Adam was regretting his decision (he probably was, now that she thought about it) and suppressed the doubt in her own mind. She had made a promise, after all.
Adam smiled, closing the kitchen door, hoping it would block the twins from hearing. "They aren't ready for this talk," he hissed at Maggie quietly. "Come on, they're still kids." He knew that earlier he had agreed, but after having the rest of the day to mull on it, the idea just appeared worse and worse. Who knew what they might let slip out of they were told everything? Adam genuinely believed his family was in a good place right now, a safe place, and he wasn't willing to give that up to settle the twin's curiosity.
Adam smiled, closing the kitchen door, hoping it would block the twins from hearing. "They aren't ready for this talk," he hissed at Maggie quietly. "Come on, they're still kids." He knew that earlier he had agreed, but after having the rest of the day to mull on it, the idea just appeared worse and worse. Who knew what they might let slip out of they were told everything? Adam genuinely believed his family was in a good place right now, a safe place, and he wasn't willing to give that up to settle the twin's curiosity.
Maggie leaned against the countertop as he spoke. She took a moment before speaking to just stare at him, her tongue pressing against the roof of her mouth. He was right—they were just kids, but it didn’t make much of a difference to her. When she finally spoke, it was in a more calm fashion. “Don’t you think they’d be a bit more careful if they understood? They’re not serious enough about this because we’ve left them in the dark for so many years. Their curiosity is enough to put us in danger, even if it is just budding.”
Maggie crossed her arms, although it was in a lax manner. “The least we could do is tell them something and tell them to clean up their act.”
Maggie leaned against the countertop as he spoke. She took a moment before speaking to just stare at him, her tongue pressing against the roof of her mouth. He was right—they were just kids, but it didn’t make much of a difference to her. When she finally spoke, it was in a more calm fashion. “Don’t you think they’d be a bit more careful if they understood? They’re not serious enough about this because we’ve left them in the dark for so many years. Their curiosity is enough to put us in danger, even if it is just budding.”
Maggie crossed her arms, although it was in a lax manner. “The least we could do is tell them something and tell them to clean up their act.”
((Sorry this is so late, I started coursework last week.))

Adam fidgeted uncomfortably at his wife's gaze. Sometimes she didn't have to say a word, just a mere look would do, and he'd realise he was not going to win the argument. "No. You can't tell them such things and expect them to keep anything quiet," he protested nonetheless, "They'll let something slip, something that will put them in danger. Why tell them anything? They'll never learn, Maggie, never." He sighed to himself in an attempt to stay calm, before smiling gently. "They're too young to understand. They're just kids." He paused for a few moments before laughing quietly. "Clarissa's at the door. So I suppose you're going to win this regardless, aren't you?"
((Sorry this is so late, I started coursework last week.))

Adam fidgeted uncomfortably at his wife's gaze. Sometimes she didn't have to say a word, just a mere look would do, and he'd realise he was not going to win the argument. "No. You can't tell them such things and expect them to keep anything quiet," he protested nonetheless, "They'll let something slip, something that will put them in danger. Why tell them anything? They'll never learn, Maggie, never." He sighed to himself in an attempt to stay calm, before smiling gently. "They're too young to understand. They're just kids." He paused for a few moments before laughing quietly. "Clarissa's at the door. So I suppose you're going to win this regardless, aren't you?"
(No worries~)

Maggie gave him a lopsided smile, albeit a somewhat exhausted one. Adam was always so much better when it came to predicting the twins. She glanced towards the door and struggled to not be amused by her daughter's antics.
"I guess so," she said, although the way she saw it, neither of them had a choice. Her attention flitted back to the stove and she told him that she'd be in the living room until dinner was ready to signal the end of their conversation, opening the kitchen door again.
(No worries~)

Maggie gave him a lopsided smile, albeit a somewhat exhausted one. Adam was always so much better when it came to predicting the twins. She glanced towards the door and struggled to not be amused by her daughter's antics.
"I guess so," she said, although the way she saw it, neither of them had a choice. Her attention flitted back to the stove and she told him that she'd be in the living room until dinner was ready to signal the end of their conversation, opening the kitchen door again.
Adam smiled back at her, but his was just as tired. Clarissa ran up the stairs as her mother reached for the door, even though she had heard every word and knew that Maggie knew she would be there. The girl had known her parents (or, more accurately, her father) would've tried to avoid this conversation, and she didn't want that at all. Adam had turned back to the stove, carefully making sure that the meal was perfect even though he knew he could no longer use it as a bribe. Honestly, Adam hated the dish he was preparing, but he knew that it was Mason's favourite and he also knew that his son was a lot easier to assure than his daughter, who frankly never seemed to listen to a word Adam was saying. At least, that's how he felt.
Adam smiled back at her, but his was just as tired. Clarissa ran up the stairs as her mother reached for the door, even though she had heard every word and knew that Maggie knew she would be there. The girl had known her parents (or, more accurately, her father) would've tried to avoid this conversation, and she didn't want that at all. Adam had turned back to the stove, carefully making sure that the meal was perfect even though he knew he could no longer use it as a bribe. Honestly, Adam hated the dish he was preparing, but he knew that it was Mason's favourite and he also knew that his son was a lot easier to assure than his daughter, who frankly never seemed to listen to a word Adam was saying. At least, that's how he felt.
Mason's gaze flitted away from his laptop upon hearing Clarissa's scurrying. He hadn't noticed she was there--props to her--but he could only assume that she had been eavesdropping. Maggie emerged from the kitchen, sighing in the direction of the staircase with her hands on her hips. For a moment Mason was afraid that Clarissa had blown it for both of them, but was reassured when Maggie turned to the living room instead. Mason looked at his screen as she sat down on the loveseat, making no remark.
Mason's gaze flitted away from his laptop upon hearing Clarissa's scurrying. He hadn't noticed she was there--props to her--but he could only assume that she had been eavesdropping. Maggie emerged from the kitchen, sighing in the direction of the staircase with her hands on her hips. For a moment Mason was afraid that Clarissa had blown it for both of them, but was reassured when Maggie turned to the living room instead. Mason looked at his screen as she sat down on the loveseat, making no remark.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10