Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | NATURE RAFFLE - CLOSED!
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 81
@Finnley I would prefer a more standard-rules giveaway. If you'd like me to help with the administrative wrangling (reading people's top ten lists and figuring out what they actually get according to that) I can volunteer to do that; I've done it for other raffles before.

I also vote for @Verscilith's idea of letting people keep their prizes if they're happy with them or throw them back for re-draw. (I'll throw mine back, I would have had to exalt. u_u)
@Finnley I would prefer a more standard-rules giveaway. If you'd like me to help with the administrative wrangling (reading people's top ten lists and figuring out what they actually get according to that) I can volunteer to do that; I've done it for other raffles before.

I also vote for @Verscilith's idea of letting people keep their prizes if they're happy with them or throw them back for re-draw. (I'll throw mine back, I would have had to exalt. u_u)
@Finnley
I agree that people who like their prize should be able to keep it. I probably won't win anything in the next drawing, but hey, it doesn't really matter, I just don't want a prize someone has donated to be exalted :
@Finnley
I agree that people who like their prize should be able to keep it. I probably won't win anything in the next drawing, but hey, it doesn't really matter, I just don't want a prize someone has donated to be exalted :
2qx2fdw.png
@Finnley It sounds like the majority likes the redraw idea? I'm not really concerned with it either way, but I do think that it'd be kind of sad to have winners exalting prizes that other people would have loved to have gotten. So perhaps doing it the more standard way would be better.
@Finnley It sounds like the majority likes the redraw idea? I'm not really concerned with it either way, but I do think that it'd be kind of sad to have winners exalting prizes that other people would have loved to have gotten. So perhaps doing it the more standard way would be better.
@Finnley Additionally, if you were going to go with Verscilith's suggestion, I'd be willing to start a ticklist for who's responded and commented on their prize in the first draw (keep or no keep) and who hasn't, so that it's easier to message those people who haven't answered back by tomorrow.
@Finnley Additionally, if you were going to go with Verscilith's suggestion, I'd be willing to start a ticklist for who's responded and commented on their prize in the first draw (keep or no keep) and who hasn't, so that it's easier to message those people who haven't answered back by tomorrow.
The standard "random draw, choose your prize" does seem like it would make more participants happy (choosing what you want vs. receiving a prize you might exalt), but I'm in favor of whatever causes the least amount of confusion/the least amount of work for those involved. Serious respect for anyone who takes the time to organize a raffle to begin with, you know?
The standard "random draw, choose your prize" does seem like it would make more participants happy (choosing what you want vs. receiving a prize you might exalt), but I'm in favor of whatever causes the least amount of confusion/the least amount of work for those involved. Serious respect for anyone who takes the time to organize a raffle to begin with, you know?
@Finnley

It is the donator's responsibility to read the rules and understand how prizes are drawn, so I vote to keep the rules as they are.

Then again, I happen to be a little biased, as my prize is an awesome coatl.

I don't mind going for the random draw, chose your prize though, and I'm going to be a little selfish and say that if we do go that route, to keep the order as it is. :P
@Finnley

It is the donator's responsibility to read the rules and understand how prizes are drawn, so I vote to keep the rules as they are.

Then again, I happen to be a little biased, as my prize is an awesome coatl.

I don't mind going for the random draw, chose your prize though, and I'm going to be a little selfish and say that if we do go that route, to keep the order as it is. :P
@finnley Personally I would say keep the order drawn, (as that is a random list as it is) but give people the option of keeping their prize or picking their own from the list.
@finnley Personally I would say keep the order drawn, (as that is a random list as it is) but give people the option of keeping their prize or picking their own from the list.
WC+imp by Rheatumblr_mxtzh2RqvW1sbxtq7o3_r1_100.gif1zmguw3.pngtumblr_my7cbjh08E1sbxtq7o2_250.gifSpiral by Ryuukishin,
If you're still in need of opinions, mine is pretty neutral. I'm okay either way, really.

I am in favor of the idea of the folks who are delighted (or at least satisfied!) with their prizes as awarded so far being able to keep them, period. A weighted draw seems unnecessarily complicated to me when you've already done the drawing.

And I kind of don't see a need to re-draw entirely when you've already got a list of winners -- assuming you drew in order (A1 first, A2, etc) then you've got your winner list in order... right? You'd simply be changing prize distribution.
If you're still in need of opinions, mine is pretty neutral. I'm okay either way, really.

I am in favor of the idea of the folks who are delighted (or at least satisfied!) with their prizes as awarded so far being able to keep them, period. A weighted draw seems unnecessarily complicated to me when you've already done the drawing.

And I kind of don't see a need to re-draw entirely when you've already got a list of winners -- assuming you drew in order (A1 first, A2, etc) then you've got your winner list in order... right? You'd simply be changing prize distribution.
ZDUJH6M.png
I don't care either way so long as those who enjoy their given prize get to keep them. I feel out of anyone they would be the ones who would feel cheated if they had to give their prize up. If I win nothing it's no big deal!

And thank you for letting us chime in on it. Please don't feel too badly about the confusion!
I don't care either way so long as those who enjoy their given prize get to keep them. I feel out of anyone they would be the ones who would feel cheated if they had to give their prize up. If I win nothing it's no big deal!

And thank you for letting us chime in on it. Please don't feel too badly about the confusion!
CFCEbadge_zps0929d5a0.png
@finnley

Not gonna lie or mince any words, not all too satisfied with my current prize slot in comparison to the amount of tickets collected over the raffle (As far as I can tell, I was fourth highest in the rankings) but I get that this is new for you so whatever floats your boat.

I'd go for a Redraw given how I'll probably just exalt that dragon. Let whoever wants to keep their original prizes keep it, just let the rest of us have a say in our slots.
@finnley

Not gonna lie or mince any words, not all too satisfied with my current prize slot in comparison to the amount of tickets collected over the raffle (As far as I can tell, I was fourth highest in the rankings) but I get that this is new for you so whatever floats your boat.

I'd go for a Redraw given how I'll probably just exalt that dragon. Let whoever wants to keep their original prizes keep it, just let the rest of us have a say in our slots.
Circ Du Soleil Hatchery
IriShimCircuits, Runes and more!
m38hJom.gif
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 81